Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn (5530 Views)

2015:i Saw This On The Facebook I Was Terrify / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by Gbawe: 10:43am On Jun 04, 2011
olamitunde:

@poster, how could you have of fashola decamping to pdp because of being the president? for your information , fashola is not
one of he desperate politicians you mentioned.
, and for those who have not seen what fashola is doing, i pray you will never see it. ameeeeeeeeeeeeen

He does not get the fact that some men are more devoted to the notion of service than that of doing everything , even including unprincipled 'bed-hopping' (ala Atiku) , just to gain a position. They maligned Ribadu with all kind of unsavoury accusations. "He is a spolier for GEJ/OBJ", etc , etc . Yet the man did not even stick around to join the shameless jostling for official positions we are seeing now with OBJ banging tables demanding his man be made speaker !!! Ohakim, Akunyili, Agagu, Alao-Akala and co are busy grovelling for political appointments.

I predict Fashola will probably act like Ribadu. Both are aware of their self-worth to the extent they are not into begging 'the system' as most Nigerians politicians do . If he wants to run he will do it under ACN in the belief that a combination of his performance in office and increasing political sophistication may see him through. If that is not enough , then so be it. Fashola will have plenty of options and he should go out a hero because he is far from unemployable such as the likes of Alao-Akala, OGD et al. Besides , who in their right mind , even to include his greatest critic, feel that Nigeria would not be better today if Awolowo had become the President in 1979 instead of Shagari? Like I said before, it is not the problem of Fashola if the journey of 2 years keeps taking us 50 years . Men like Fashola , with or without the Presidency, are set for life. It is ordinary Nigerians , daily, who painfully bear the brunt of wrong political decisions.
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by Musiwa51: 10:46am On Jun 04, 2011
fashola will be the must stupid man on earth to assume he will be president nigeria. did tinubu allow him to run in 2011. he gave it to nuhu ribadu. that should fashola a story. the real truth is fashola can never become president of nigeria no matter how he trys.     he must be a fool to assume he will be president of nigeria. when jonathan finish in 2019. how can southerner get there. . any southerner has to wait 18 years, fashola nobody will remember fashola after 18 years.  

jonathan is expert in deceit, he is just playing games with fashola head. look jonathan will get killed.  if the dont remove edo,delta and yorubas, northerners will kill him .
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by Calculia: 10:50am On Jun 04, 2011
@ Musiwa,

Do you need more drugs, because Colombia would be the idle place for loony like yourself. If anything happen to Jonathan(our Mr President), which u better pray that it does not, the igbo army chief will run this country by fire and by force with vengence. Believe that!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

Musiwa, :

fashola will be the must silly man on earth to assume he will be president nigeria. did tinubu allow him to run in 2011. he gave it to nuhu ribadu. that should fashola a story. the real truth is fashola can never become president of nigeria no matter how he trys.     he must be a fool to assume he will be president of nigeria. when jonathan finish in 2019. how can southerner get there. . any southerner has to wait 18 years,  fashola nobody will remember fashola after 18 years.  

jonathan is expert in deceit, he is just playing games with fashola head. look jonathan will get killed.  if the dont remove edo,delta and yorubas, northerners will kill him .
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by Gbawe: 11:01am On Jun 04, 2011
igbo boy:

Unfortunately for fashola he is carrying the sins of the father (in reference to past leaders) who came from only two regions and didnt do anything about the state of the nation. So others are joining the band wagon and clamouring for their own share of the pie. In a perfect word Fashola is the man to beat, but he's crime is coming from the SW now is that not a silly thing? Well na banana republic we dey so so all i can say is LIFE IS NOT FAIR

Well , "unfortunately", you are indirectly suggesting that Nigerians are enduringly vindictive and that they lack and will continue to lack political sophistication. If Nigerians indict the SW negatively for the past actions of OBJ what should they do as regards the superlative performance of Fashola which is more recent and should be fresher in their memory? Everyone is suggesting Fashola does this or that to become President . Has the man ever come across as a Politican animal or desperado to anyone? We also don't appreciate that we are now producing a crop of leaders gaining increasing international acceptance and appeal through their visible good work. Those type of folks can always take it or leave it as Ribadu did with how he did not stick around to lobby anybody for anything .
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by 677ano(m): 11:06am On Jun 04, 2011
I read the post here by all contributors with amusement.

2015 is a long shot away none of you even know if these politicians will still be alive by then.

You are all here talking about 2015 rather than discussing the best way to support your new president to perform and better the life of the Nigerian people you are all busy talking about 2015 and Fashola. Fashola will cross carpet to PDP if he feel that will best serve his ambition.

Neither the north or west should even be considering the presidency in 2015. The northerners had the chance for so many years and failed to improve the life of Nigerian like wise the westerners.

It is time to let your eastern brothers the Igbo try and lets see if they can make an impact on the life of Nigerians or better still let the minority tribes become president.

Tribalism, money politics and quota system is what has made Nigeria a failed state it should not be about tribe but who is best qualified to for the job and change the life of Nigerian for good and put the country in a pole position to recon with developed countries.

It is sad that Nigerians dont see beyond tribalism, you are generating your own electricity with generators, water etc yet you dont see beyond tribalism and how to break the strangle hold the policians have on the country by ensuring the best man for the Job gets to become your president in future.
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by igboboy1(m): 11:21am On Jun 04, 2011
Gbawe:

Well , "unfortunately", you are indirectly suggesting that Nigerians are enduringly vindictive and that they lack and will continue to lack political sophistication. If Nigerians indict the SW negatively for the past actions of OBJ what should they do as regards the superlative performance of Fashola which is more recent and should be fresher in their memory? Everyone is suggesting Fashola does this or that to become President . Has the man ever come across as a Politican animal or desperado to anyone? We also don't appreciate that we are now producing a crop of leaders gaining increasing international acceptance and appeal through their visible good work. Those type of folks can always take it or leave it as Ribadu did with how he did not stick around to lobby anybody for anything .

forget those grammar and discussions my brother, the principle is simple "what is good for the goose is good for the gander'. it is easy for my people in the sw to talk about moving the country forward but at whose expense, Like dey say na who dey wear the shoe na im go know where leg dey pain am, So how can someone who has never been marginalized know anything about marginalization?
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by scopusng(m): 12:10pm On Jun 04, 2011
Musiwa, :

fashola will be the must silly man on earth to assume he will be president nigeria. did tinubu allow him to run in 2011. he gave it to nuhu ribadu. that should fashola a story. the real truth is fashola can never become president of nigeria no matter how he trys.     he must be a fool to assume he will be president of nigeria. when jonathan finish in 2019. how can southerner get there. . any southerner has to wait 18 years, fashola nobody will remember fashola after 18 years.  

You are a madman. Moro.n
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by step1: 1:09pm On Jun 04, 2011
Fashola does not have to decamp to PDP before he comes the President. He can become one by not decamping.

Concerning zoning, Zone was dead but it rose again. Zoning is live and kicking it was just held up temporarily thanks to the SE politicians in PDP.

igbo boy:

forget those grammar and discussions my brother, the principle is simple "what is good for the goose is good for the gander'. it is easy for my people in the sw to talk about moving the country forward but at whose expense, Like dey say na who dey wear the shoe na im go know where leg dey pain am, So how can someone who has never been marginalized know anything about marginalization?

My brother, I hope you are not talking about igbos being marginalized in the country or PDP because that is a lie. As a matter of fact igbos are given priority in the PDP. what is good for the goose is good for the gander My brother those words does not apply to the SW. October 2010 during the PDP Summit in Abuja, Every delegate from every political zones voted for zoning except SS and SE. SE delegates we deluded to think after the northerners, it would be another SW turn and so they tried to play smart by starting a propaganda that Jonathan is igbo from the SS because of his name which fell perfectly to OBJ's and Edwin Clark's plans. Afterwards each region made Jonathan to make promises to them including a villain called Tinubu.

My point is that the igbos delegates in PDP made a costly mistake. Before Yaradua PDP SW were chanting Odili and a NE vp to be the next rulers of the country. Shirts and other campaign goodies were already out especially in Lagos, before we could say "jackrobbinson" the same SE delegate voted for Yaradua instead of Odili.

2010 Utomi wanted to be the presidential flag bearer. Ohaneze or whatever said he was not igbo enough to carry the SE mandate as if GEJ was even Igbo at the first place. just to conform read this link

http://911truthcampaign.net/conspiracy/uwechue-ohanaeze-ndiigbo-and-the-future-of-anioma

2015 whether it is fashola or lagbaja there will still be a constant factor which is the stealing continues. Before I go, I would want to refer to Caulilia, you and rhymes that please stop blaming the SW for SE woes because I know it is a common practices on nairaland, Vanguard and other internet forum.
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by JimmyBoy1: 1:31pm On Jun 04, 2011
Yes, we will all support him but 2015 is certainly not the time. Ko shi ni suru na.
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by whitesoul(m): 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2011
Tribal democracy is like parading blind men for a football match.
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by LOLOH: 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2011
WEDA ITS PDP, ACN OR PHCN I'M VOTING FOR THE GUY
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by LOLOH: 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2011
YOU NEED A TRANSFORMER?? YOU GAT EM, ITS FASHOLA ALL THE WAY BABY!
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by DaLover(m): 5:06pm On Jun 04, 2011
Desola:

Emeka,

I have said it before and I will re-iterate that the SW would never vote for a SE prsident. Forget the tribal enmity on this site for a second and think objectively.

How have the SE proved to Nigeria as a whole that they are capable of running a government effectively. Don't bring Nollywood(they are totally tribal) or spare parts and that "we are the economic powerhouse of Africa" bile into this now. We are talking politics and good governance here now. Who is capable of picking up the mantle and please do not bring Amaechi into this as we all know that he is a SouthSoutherner whose quota is currently in use. Who would you front and why? Why do you think the SW should vote for him/her without throwing the "we are southerners" hogwash or "let's stand against the North" nonsense.

Tell me why we should vote the SE and not NC.
Desola, In terms of development, if you remove Lagos from the SW states, how far developed are the remaining 5 SW states compared to the 5 SE states or any other states in 9ja for that matter, the answer is not much, if any at all, this is in spite of the fact that the economy of this country has been run from the SW as part of the unwritten pact with the north, in which the north had the political power.
There is actually no much difference btw a state like Ogun with all its PHD holders and Jigawa state,  Yet you come here to demand proof of the capability of others to lead, Lagos had previously had massive infractural development, just as Abj is getting now so it can never be placed on the same footing with other states,

Every tribe has its share of criminals and intelligent ones, its safe to say the the nature of 9ja politics has driven those sharp intelligent people who should be at the helm of affairs away from politicking, Fashola definately belongs to this breed and is lucky to have found himself there as I don't think he would have gotten there in the first place on his own efforts, tinubu definately helped him with this, Personnaly I feel fashola's achievement are modest, not really better than a couple of few other performing Govs, but the rivalry btw Ibos and Yorubas, the superiority complex of the yorubas and the fact that we are used to seeing extremely low or negatively performing govs has made fashola name more popular than it really ought to be, To preside over a complex and large country like 9ja, you definately need to have a rear but fine blend of ability to play politics and vision to ensure that you win hearts accross various sections while pushing for complem system change to ensure development, getting such a person is not easy and fashola lacks a coombination of these traits to rule this country.
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 5:45pm On Jun 04, 2011
hmm, i think 2015 is still quite sometime away for us to start casting lots as to who will be the next president. nevertheless, i'll bite.

i don't think fashola has to move to the pdp for anything to. And while i'm one of the guy's biggest supporters, i don't think he absolutely has to become president. For one, he's not one of them do or die politicians that will sell their souls to the devil for a political post. Second is that the guy knows his international worth. If he doesn't run for the presidency in 2015, or he runs and doesn't win, and doesn't get a political appointment, then i'm sure he'll still get something on the international scene. people like him are always in demand.

as for the SE, I think the problem is that most SE politicians fail to align themselves behind one credible candidate, preferring themselves to be that candidate. Then there are those that sell out their support in exchange for money or future appointments. The more credible ones among them stay out of the fray, knowing that his kinsmen are far too busy chasing their own interests to support them and further their cayse. As a result, SE politicians take the back bench because they have failed to settle among themselves in their own region, how much more on the national scene.

Take for instance, the issue of speaker of the lower house of the NASS. The SE politicians were clamouring for one of theirs to emerge as speaker. It is imperative to note that there was no single person being championed from among the SE reps as speaker. It was just like they were saying "just zone the position to us, then we'll go and bicker over it", a position neither the nation nor the pdp can afford to risk. So really, the South Easterners should start championing a candidate for the presidency from now if they are to have a realistic shot at the presidency come 2015.

Then back to the question of Fashola having to join PDP to be president, i thought the Jonathan supporters had assured us that Nigerians are now voting individuals not parties. How come, they're tge same set of people saying Fashola should join PDP to have a shot at the presidency?
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by rhymz(m): 7:14pm On Jun 04, 2011
step1:

Fashola does not have to decamp to PDP before he comes the President. He can become one by not decamping.

Concerning zoning, Zone was dead but it rose again. Zoning is live and kicking it was just held up temporarily thanks to the SE politicians in PDP.

My brother, I hope you are not talking about igbos being marginalized in the country or PDP because that is a lie. As a matter of fact igbos are given priority in the PDP. what is good for the goose is good for the gander My brother those words does not apply to the SW. October 2010 during the PDP Summit in Abuja, Every delegate from every political zones voted for zoning except SS and SE. SE delegates we deluded to think after the northerners, it would be another SW turn and so they tried to play smart by starting a propaganda that Jonathan is igbo from the SS because of his name which fell perfectly to OBJ's and Edwin Clark's plans. Afterwards each region made Jonathan to make promises to them including a villain called Tinubu.

My point is that the igbos delegates in PDP made a costly mistake. Before Yaradua PDP SW were chanting Odili and a NE vp to be the next rulers of the country. Shirts and other campaign goodies were already out especially in Lagos, before we could say "jackrobbinson" the same SE delegate voted for Yaradua instead of Odili.

2010 Utomi wanted to be the presidential flag bearer. Ohaneze or whatever said he was not igbo enough to carry the SE mandate as if GEJ was even Igbo at the first place. just to conform read this link

http://911truthcampaign.net/conspiracy/uwechue-ohanaeze-ndiigbo-and-the-future-of-anioma

2015 whether it is fashola or lagbaja there will still be a constant factor which is the stealing continues. Before I go, I would want to refer to Caulilia, you and rhymes that please stop blaming the SW for SE woes because I know it is a common practices on nairaland, Vanguard and other internet forum.
Guy you are best advised to shut your mouth up if you lack the sagacity to to interprete political matters without bias. I bet you are one of those dumb newcomers that don't bother to understand an argument before jumping to post their crap.
Who is blaming SW for anybody's misfortunes? Seriously, many Swesterners need to leave the SW region a bit and go to other part of Nigeria. A lot of you are under the false impression that you are more developed and in a position to sermonize how other regions should have played their cards in politics. While I dont take the rubbish you write above seriously as it lacks intelligence and common sense, it irks me when some misinformed kid from the SW takes it upon himself to pontificate on how politicians from other regions should have played their cards or make their decisions, Imagine the CRAP!!
Like every decision from the SE must be vetted first by the "Super-brained" SW politicians before it is taken, crappy superiority mentality. Need I remind you that in politics everyone, every region and every tribe looks out for themselves, nobody is going to make decisions to suit any group's political idiosyncracies. So stop expecting politicians to play the game your way because you think you are smarter.
And finally, I will advise you argue about the things you understand and not just hurriedly scheme through it only because you want to look for faults to support your arguments rather than understand what is it you are reading. Enuf said already!
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by Gbawe: 7:34pm On Jun 04, 2011
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

hmm, i think 2015 is still quite sometime away for us to start casting lots as to who will be the next president. nevertheless, i'll bite.

i don't think fashola has to move to the pdp for anything to. And while i'm one of the guy's biggest supporters, i don't think he absolutely has to become president. For one, he's not one of them do or die politicians that will sell their souls to the devil for a political post. Second is that the guy knows his international worth. If he doesn't run for the presidency in 2015, or he runs and doesn't win, and doesn't get a political appointment, then i'm sure he'll still get something on the international scene. people like him are always in demand.

as for the SE, I think the problem is that most SE politicians fail to align themselves behind one credible candidate, preferring themselves to be that candidate. Then there are those that sell out their support in exchange for money or future appointments. The more credible ones among them stay out of the fray, knowing that his kinsmen are far too busy chasing their own interests to support them and further their cayse. As a result, SE politicians take the back bench because they have failed to settle among themselves in their own region, how much more on the national scene.

Take for instance, the issue of speaker of the lower house of the NASS. The SE politicians were clamouring for one of theirs to emerge as speaker. It is imperative to note that there was no single person being championed from among the SE reps as speaker. It was just like they were saying "just zone the position to us, then we'll go and bicker over it", a position neither the nation nor the pdp can afford to risk. So really, the South Easterners should start championing a candidate for the presidency from now if they are to have a realistic shot at the presidency come 2015.

Then back to the question of Fashola having to join PDP to be president, i thought the Jonathan supporters had assured us that Nigerians are now voting individuals not parties. How come, they're tge same set of people saying Fashola should join PDP to have a shot at the presidency?

They are hypocrites who say things that support their current argument only to do a u-turn tomorrow. It is even arrogant how some speak as if everything will stand still for the next 4 years. Nigerian politics is changing and the emergence of GEJ proves that. Who would have imagined a GEJ Presidency in 2007? Nigerians are becoming more politically sophisticated even if we are still far from where we need to go.

If the story of the PDP in the next 4 years is the same one of corruption and misrule while the 6 ACN Governors perform above average (when it used to be only Fashola gaining all the praises) then there is no reason why Nigerians may not shun sentiments and ethnicity to vote for development they see elsewhere. At the end of the day, Fashola may not even be interested . There will surely be many fulfilling International opportunity available for someone praised as "outstanding" worldwide. He is managing one of the most populous and most challenging City in the world. That is top-tier consultancy gold IMO .
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by CuteTj(m): 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2011
@ igbo boy, i get enough negative things to say about ibo, hausa and other tribes but atimes its good to hold your tongue and let peace reign. I rather choose this path and be diplomatic about issues.
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by Calculia: 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2011
Nonsense talk! From a tribalist in the closet, abeg carry go. I d i o t! tongue tongue

CuteTj:

@ igbo boy, i get enough negative things to say about ibo, hausa and other tribes but atimes its good to hold your tongue and let peace reign. I rather choose this path and be diplomatic about issues.

Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by step1: 8:38pm On Jun 04, 2011
rhymz:

Guy you are best advised to shut your mouth up if you lack the sagacity to to interprete political matters without bias. I bet you are one of those dumb newcomers that don't bother to understand an argument before jumping to post their crap.
Who is blaming SW for anybody's misfortunes? Seriously, many Swesterners need to leave the SW region a bit and go to other part of Nigeria. A lot of you are under the false impression that you are more developed and in a position to sermonize how other regions should have played their cards in politics. While I dont take the rubbish you write above seriously as it lacks intelligence and common sense, it irks me when some misinformed kid from the SW takes it upon himself to pontificate on how politicians from other regions should have played their cards or make their decisions, Imagine the CRAP!!
Like every decision from the SE must be vetted first by the "Super-brained" SW politicians before it is taken, crappy superiority mentality. Need I remind you that in politics everyone, every region and every tribe looks out for themselves, nobody is going to make decisions to suit any group's political idiosyncracies. So stop expecting politicians to play the game your way because you think you are smarter.
And finally, I will advise you argue about the things you understand and not just hurriedly scheme through it only because you want to look for faults to support your arguments rather than understand what is it you are reading. Enuf said already!

This is a discussion not an argument or a fight so why all the insult. South-westerners do leave their region, live and work in other regions in fact I don't think you know what you are saying because all you just did is use your emotion of hate from south-western to post. By the way, why do you think the SW has "superiority complex" or " they think they are smarter". Please my friend/brother I would appreciate if you do not reply me with hints of tribalism or hate again, it is uncivilized people which I believe we are all are not.

No one is under any impression. SE voted for Jonathan because his name is Azikiwe and not because he is a leader. What I am telling you is that south-west would support a South-east president so long as SE people pick him and he is a leader. We do not think we are superior or have any superior mentality over any group (i mean what made you say that). Politics in the South-east is perfect and I am not disputing that with you neither am I in the position to tell any politician what to do be it SE or SW. Now I propose this question to you since you.

1 Why did SE politician in PDP vote out Odili in 2007

2 Why did Ohaneze say Utomi should step down but gave their mandate to Azikiwe Jonathan. I mean he is a SS man from delta state.

( Please answer this question if you fell you want to and reply like an educated adult without insults)
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by hackney(m): 8:49pm On Jun 04, 2011
it is true that it will be nice if an igbo rules the country at some point but ruling just for the sake of it is of
no use to anyone.

The Pro-fashola poster has a point: FASHOLA KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING.PERIOD! !
Irrespective of the fact that the youbas will never support an igbo man in this regard (or anywhere for that matter), i will like fashola to give
the pesidency a go because he fully understands what is needed and WANTS TO DO IT.

Us being tribalistic is not in our nature but a reaction to genetically tribalistic co-habitants we have in the country.

After all, an igbo man ruling does not guarantee that he would do f.uc.k all fo the east.
As history has shown, rulership position is usually for the president and his cronies and not his tribe.
what did OBJ do for the SW?

Fashola should run; he is the best we have in the nigerian political arena as far as naija goes (O do we prefer Oji uzo kalu?
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by Calculia: 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2011
The answer to your question is simple. Odili in 2007 could not contest for President because the Northerners were threatening violence and coup if the Presidency does not go North.

Hence, Yaradua was the compromise but OBJ had an issue with Odili with regards to certain statement made during an interview on BBC were he accused previous administration for the present state of stagnation Nigeria embodied. Hence, OBJ favoured GEJ for the Vice President position.

The issue of Utomi was simply because when pitched against candidates like Buhari and Ribadu, he simple did not stand a chance but GEJ had a broader appeal and was the consensus candidate. I hope that answered your question.

wink

step1:

This is a discussion not an argument or a fight so why all the insult. South-westerners do leave their region, live and work in other regions in fact I don't think you know what you are saying because all you just did is use your emotion of hate from south-western to post. By the way, why do you think the SW has "superiority complex" or " they think they are smarter". Please my friend/brother I would appreciate if you do not reply me with hints of tribalism or hate again, it is uncivilized people which I believe we are all are not.

No one is under any impression. SE voted for Jonathan because his name is Azikiwe and not because he is a leader. What I am telling you is that south-west would support a South-east president so long as SE people pick him and he is a leader. We do not think we are superior or have any superior mentality over any group (i mean what made you say that). Politics in the South-east is perfect and I am not disputing that with you neither am I in the position to tell any politician what to do be it SE or SW. Now I propose this question to you since you.

2 Why did Ohaneze say Utomi should step down but gave their mandate to Azikiwe Jonathan. I mean he is a SS man from delta state.

( Please answer this question if you fell you want to and reply like an educated adult without insults)
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by igboboy1(m): 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2011
CuteTj:

Nna then say it, no dey look uche face, Why i like my self is that i dont give 2 phocks about what anyone has to say about igbos. Mon-fri i go to work, take a dump, get laid and come to nairaland for an hour and repeat my routine day in day out,

I advise my Yoruba brothers to take an example from me and stop giving 2 phocks about what i have to say ah ah abi i dey pay ur school fees?

you have lots of negative things to say? o boy no be today
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by step1: 9:16pm On Jun 04, 2011
hackney:

it is true that it will be nice  if an igbo rules the country at some point but ruling just for the sake of it is of
no use to anyone.

The Pro-fashola poster has a point: FASHOLA KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING.PERIOD! !
Irrespective of the fact that the youbas will never support an igbo man in this regard (or anywhere for that matter), i will like fashola to give
the pesidency a go because he fully understands what is needed and WANTS TO DO IT.

Us being tribalistic is not in our nature but a reaction to genetically tribalistic co-habitants we have in the country.

After all, an igbo man ruling does not guarantee that he would do f.uc.k all fo the east.
As history has shown, rulership position is usually for the president and his cronies and not his tribe.
what did OBJ do for the SW?

Fashola should run; he is the best we have in the nigerian political arena as far as naija goes (O do we prefer Oji uzo kalu?

My brother My brother why are you talking like this. Where did you people get the impression that South westerners/yorubas would never support a SE/igbo president. Please Desola and co do not represent us. We were ready to support Odili 2007. If a SE person like Chime or anybody better comes out to present himself then SW would vote for him because we want development. We in the SW are not tribalistic and we do not hold anything against any region. We vote for individuals and not his cultural affinity or party. I am a PDP supporter but I still voted for Fashola in Lagos even against my father's wishes. If a good SE man comes out then be sure he would win in the SW so long has he has clear manifestos.
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by step1: 9:17pm On Jun 04, 2011
Calculia:

The answer to your question is simple. Odili in 2007 could not contest for President because the Northerners were threatening violence and coup if the Presidency does not go North.

Hence, Yaradua was the compromise but OBJ had an issue with Odili with regards to certain statement made during an interview on BBC were he accused previous administration for the present state of stagnation Nigeria embodied. Hence, OBJ favoured GEJ for the Vice President position.

The issue of Utomi was simply because when pitched against candidates like Buhari and Ribadu, he simple did not stand a chance but GEJ had a broader appeal and was the consensus candidate. I hope that answered your question.

wink

Thank you my brother
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by igboboy1(m): 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2011
step1:

dont make it sound like any body who wants to rule naija needs the sole backing of the sw. The truth be told we all need each other (the more regions u have the better). But if someone has the support of SE SS NE NC NW then what is the need for the SW? Likewise take out one of these regions and add the SW, the region left out will loose,

As for Odili that guy is like tinubu, why should we support a rogue candidate just because he is igbo?

As for Utomi the time wasn't ripe for him cos we in the SS thought highly of him but felt it was rightly Jonathan's turn,
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by step1: 9:29pm On Jun 04, 2011
igbo boy:

dont make it sound like any body who wants to rule naija needs the sole backing of the sw. The truth be told we all need each other (the more regions u have the better). But if someone has the support of SE SS NE NC NW then what is the need for the SW? Likewise take out one of these regions and add the SW, the region left out will loose,

As for Odili that guy is like tinubu, why should we support a rogue candidate just because he is igbo?

As for Utomi the time wasn't ripe for him cos we in the SS thought highly of him but felt it was rightly Jonathan's turn,

Why does anyone need the SW if all other zones would vote for him/her.

"What I am telling you is that south-west would support a South-east president so long as SE people pick him and he is a leader"

I believe what I said was clear. The SW would support a South-east president so long as the SE people support him and he is a leader with good vision for the country as a whole.

At the end of the day the contesting President might not need the SW votes and he might still win, I don't think it is an issue. Only if he/she wants/ needs the SW to vote for himself/herself then he needs to be a good leader and have a clear manifesto.
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by alex101(m): 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2011
step1:

Why does anyone need the SW if all other zones would vote for him/her.

"What I am telling you is that south-west would support a South-east president so long as SE people pick him and he is a leader"

I believe what I said was clear. The SW would support a South-east president so long as the SE people support him and he is a leader with good vision for the country as a whole.

At the end of the day the contesting President might not need the SW votes and he might still win, I don't think it is an issue. Only if he/she wants/ needs the SW to vote for himself/herself then he needs to be a good leader and have a clear manifesto.
Step1, I think you are one of the very few yorubas that is reasonable on this forum cool. The reason why you see Igbos like me go tribal is because of your yoruba brothers/sisters who are very tribalistic in nature. Most Igbo are just reacting and defending Ndigbo against any tribal rant from yorubas. Although, I look forward to the day (in the real sense of it all) that a GENUINE political alliance will be formed b/w the SW and SE,,,,maybe smart yorubas like you will help in isolating the tribalistic ones in your enclave. Now thesame goes to my Igbo peeps too, because I won't be fair by thinking we don't have our fault. I have lots of friends of yoruba extraction and we get along very well. The divide and rule tactics of the mallams cannot continue unabated.

Ikeja ni mo ti da gba si ni eko, mo de mo pe kin se gbogbo yin lo baje. Olorun a ke e o.
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by step1: 10:51pm On Jun 04, 2011
alex101:

Step1, I think you are one of the very few yorubas that is reasonable on this forum cool. The reason why you see Igbos like me go tribal is because of your yoruba brothers/sisters who are very tribalistic in nature. Most Igbo are just reacting and defending Ndigbo against any tribal rant from yorubas. Although, I look forward to the day (in the real sense of it all) that a GENUINE political alliance will be formed b/w the SW and SE,,,,maybe smart yorubas like you will help in isolating the tribalistic ones in your enclave. Now thesame goes to my Igbo peeps too, because I won't be fair by thinking we don't have our fault. I have lots of friends of yoruba extraction and we get along very well. The divide and rule tactics of the mallams cannot continue unabated.

Ikeja ni mo ti da gba si ni eko, mo de mo pe kin se gbogbo yin lo baje. Olorun a ke e o.

I reason with you. It is quite easy to join the wagon of tribalism but we should be careful not to be drawn into it.

@ your yoruba

I am quite impressed you wrote yoruba very well and Ose fun adura e. Olorun a ke e yin na Amen.
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by rhymz(m): 3:19pm On Jun 05, 2011
step1:

My friend, step1, you make it so difficult for me not to be harsh on you the way you bandy inaccuracies as fact hence my harsh tone. However, I will try my best to be civil with you and I hope you do thesame.
Now regarding your allegations that Peter Odili was voted out in 2007 by the SE, there again you go wrong as that is not true.
Go and do your research, I remember in 2007 that he, Peter Odili stepped down a day to the PDP presidential primaries which paved way for Yaradua. According to available reports then, it was said that OBJ who was favourably disposed to an Odili candidacy was presented with very hard facts of Odili's mismanagement of state funds and corrupt enrichment using state funds by Ribadu the then EFCC chairman.
Odili was forced to drop his presidential ambitions or face prosecution, I dare you to come out with facts that the SE voted en mass against Odili an Igbo man for that matter. Like I have told you before, don't be in a hurry to make a point and start presenting inaccuracies as fact.
Your second point about Ohanaeze not supporting Pat Utomi ignored the fact that he was not only the one from the eastern region being considerd as at that time, instead you chose to conveniently dwell on the speculative claims of an editorial by an agrieved supporter who was as well discussing an issue and cited that scenerio to back up his arguments. There was Orji Uzor Kalu and there was also Ojukwu. There was even a committee set up by the group to consider the three candidates and each of them were asked to send representatives which I understand Pat did not send. Also, there were criteria for the three prospective candidates to meet which Pat did not met likewise ojukwu and their support was given to kalu. How anyone chooses to interprete that is their own business but the fact remains he did not meet their criteria for their support simple and short.
Even I, at that time, thought Pat Utomi did not have any serious platform which greatly worked against him. Or did you think that they were going to give him any special treatments. The accusation that some members felt he was not Igbo enough started coming out because he was not the chosen one, I bet it would have been a different case had he been chosen. This is politics my dear, and everyone is looking out for their own. GEJ was supported by the East not because he had Azikiwe to his name-that will be tantamount to calling Igbos dumb-it was because we wanted to bring back the spirit of togetherness that was in the eastern bloc prior to the civil war, it was a way to show forgiveness & bridge the spirit of trust that eroded the region during and after the war. Besides, Jonathan was in a way better position and more nationally acceptable than Utomi was at the time, all he needed was encouragement and support which ohanaeze willingly gave him even though a lot of the other regions where reluctant to hastily give theirs as they were busy scheming and watching out for their own interests. I tell you what bro, if Utomi was in thesame position,we wont hesitate to do thesame.
I hope I have been able to answer your question my brother and I appologize for my harsh tone earlier on, is just that sometimes you get tired of these bigotry and want to curse out anyone that shows a slight hint of it. Seriously, it has made NL boring and very childish, these days, I just scroll through a lot of threads without commenting as the level of tribalism and bigotry is just stunning and the fact that it is allowed and encouraged by the mods is even more stunning to me. Anyway, lets agree to disagree.
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by lagcity(m): 3:25pm On Jun 05, 2011
Fashola 2015. Lamido 2015. these guys are more acceptable and visible than the rest. Shekarau sounds good too.
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by step1: 4:31pm On Jun 05, 2011
rhymz:

My friend, step1, you make it so difficult for me not to be harsh on you the way you bandy inaccuracies as fact hence my harsh tone. However, I will try my best to be civil with you and I hope you do thesame.
Now regarding your allegations that Peter Odili was voted out in 2007 by the SE, there again you go wrong as that is not true.
Go and do your research, I remember in 2007 that he, Peter Odili stepped down a day to the PDP presidential primaries which paved way for Yaradua. According to available reports then, it was said that OBJ who was favourably disposed to an Odili candidacy was presented with very hard facts of Odili's mismanagement of state funds and corrupt enrichment using state funds by Ribadu the then EFCC chairman.
Odili was forced to drop his presidential ambitions or face prosecution, I dare you to come out with facts that the SE voted en mass against Odili an Igbo man for that matter. Like I have told you before, don't be in a hurry to make a point and start presenting inaccuracies as fact.
Your second point about Ohanaeze not supporting Pat Utomi ignored the fact that he was not only the one from the eastern region being considerd as at that time, instead you chose to conveniently dwell on the speculative claims of an editorial by an agrieved supporter who was as well discussing an issue and cited that scenerio to back up his arguments. There was Orji Uzor Kalu and there was also Ojukwu. There was even a committee set up by the group to consider the three candidates and each of them were asked to send representatives which I understand Pat did not send. Also, there were criteria for the three prospective candidates to meet which Pat did not met likewise ojukwu and their support was given to kalu. How anyone chooses to interprete that is their own business but the fact remains he did not meet their criteria for their support simple and short.
Even I, at that time, thought Pat Utomi did not have any serious platform which greatly worked against him. Or did you think that they were going to give him any special treatments. The accusation that some members felt he was not Igbo enough started coming out because he was not the chosen one, I bet it would have been a different case had he been chosen. This is politics my dear, and everyone is looking out for their own. GEJ was supported by the East not because he had Azikiwe to his name-that will be tantamount to calling Igbos dumb-it was because we wanted to bring back the spirit of togetherness that was in the eastern bloc prior to the civil war, it was a way to show forgiveness & bridge the spirit of trust that eroded the region during and after the war. Besides, Jonathan was in a way better position and more nationally acceptable than Utomi was at the time, all he needed was encouragement and support which ohanaeze willingly gave him even though a lot of the other regions where reluctant to hastily give theirs as they were busy scheming and watching out for their own interests. I tell you what bro, if Utomi was in thesame position,we wont hesitate to do thesame.
I hope I have been able to answer your question my brother and I appologize for my harsh tone earlier on, is just that sometimes you get tired of these bigotry and want to curse out anyone that shows a slight hint of it. Seriously, it has made NL boring and very childish, these days, I just scroll through a lot of threads without commenting as the level of tribalism and bigotry is just stunning and the fact that it is allowed and encouraged by the mods is even more stunning to me. Anyway, lets agree to disagree.

Rhymz, I am not talking as an outsider or a newspaper reader but as an insider. So, we are talking on different ideas we both perceive to be the truth. Concerning Peter Odili, that was the truth I typed earlier on. You also rightly said that Odili was going to face EFCC if he had not step down but if he already had the support of the SW and help of SE PDP delegate why would he need to step down because of EFCC. To be truthful I am not sure how that adds up.

Concerning Pat Utomi I can not ague with what you wrote, You are in a better position to understand SE politics than me.

I understand my brother, I am glad I had this discussion with you. Thanks for your time.
Re: Fashola Can Be President In 2015; I Don't See Him Getting There Under Acn by rhymz(m): 5:06pm On Jun 05, 2011
step1:

Rhymz, I am not talking as an outsider or a newspaper reader but as an insider. So, we are talking on different ideas we both perceive to be the truth. Concerning Peter Odili, that was the truth I typed earlier on. You also rightly said that Odili was going to face EFCC if he had not step down but if he already had the support of the SW and help of SE PDP delegate why would he need to step down because of EFCC. To be truthful I am not sure how that adds up.

Concerning Pat Utomi I can not ague with what you wrote, You are in a better position to understand SE politics than me.

I understand my brother, I am glad I had this discussion with you. Thanks for your time.
no no no, you are wrong my friend, Peter Odili was very popular across the regions, both SE and SW and the only one that had a well established structure to win the primaries. No one group whether Odua or Ohanaeze at that point of his campaign came out to give him any open support. The pressure for him to step down had nothing to do with any region, it was the power at play in the PDP that got him to step down.
And yes, his case with the EFCC was very grevious, you can go and look it up in the net. OBJ and the other contesting powers in the PDP were responsible for his ouster from the race, it had absolutely nothing to do with any region in the south. I will advise you do a little research on what transpired then. My memories of event that happened then are still very intact.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Explosion Wounds 8 In Jalingo , Taraba / Pictures of Alleged Buhari underaged voters / Do You Know The REAL Sponsor Of Bokoharam? Read This To Know The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.