Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja (30039 Views)

Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) / 15 Giant Snails From Nigeria Seized At US Airport (Video) / His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Dialpad: 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
US embassy seized your passport, story does not add up

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by mysticgal(f): 12:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
This is not truth sir, did you get a fake stamp on the passport because that one reason why your passport may be seized and that is a big offence. Fess up and maybe someone can help you

2 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by cooooooks(m): 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
I see. They believe you have a fake stamp.

The passport belongs to the Federal Republic, not you.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by EgunMogaji2: 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
You didn't travel to Ghana. Your passport was illegally stamped.

5 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by tranxo(m): 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
tonididdy:
Does the us embassy have the rights to seize a Nigerian passport on Nigerian soil?
The inside of US Embassy is not Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by lexy2014: 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
mojisolani:

Passport would be seized and forwarded to immigration headquarters, don't forget that passport is not your property as well but that of the government once a crime or forgery or fake stamps is used on it. so once any embassies noticed that you have fake stamps in your passport , you may not lay hands on it because they withheld it and forward it to the immigration

But d guy said he was referred to NIN abuja
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Keals: 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
Commentor:

It is not their property.

If they felt a crime was committed they could hand him and his property over to the police but they cannot seize his passport.

I think the passport is proof of crime.
After an oral report, there's need to provide physical evidence. Regardless, the story isn't straight; there are loads of loopholes in it.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Omonigho1976: 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Your story does not add up. You don't need a passport to travel to Ghana by road. You only need it when flying, and ECOWAS passport can be used in place of international passport.

So, tell the truth...you might get the right help.
The guy na comedian. It's an April fool experience. Na joke
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by francis00(m): 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
To y'all saying op lied,he didn't lie at all,once you travel to Ghana by road,well na Oyo you dey ooo if you go USA embassy in Abuja, mine was collected also, in which I was ask to go to immigration office in Abuja,but the truth of the matter is you can't get the passport again, simply go and apply for another one...all of you saying it's a lie or he is hiding the truth,I sent pictures I took in Ghana to the email provided,it yielded no result.....what I can say is that if you want to build travel experience,avoid Ghana or else if Dem see stamp like that on your booklet, na Oyo....I don't know about lagos embassy shaa,but Abuja is found of doing that.

5 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Judithjovial(f): 12:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
Johnmusa2013:
Hello Nairaland,

Pls can someone with experience advise?

My passport was seized in U.S Embassy Abuja and I was referred to NIN for further investigation..

Reason for the seizure was my journey to Ghana in 2018..

During the secondary interrogation at the Embassy I was asked evidence of my journey to Ghana unfortunately,I didn't carry them along..

I appeared at NIN Abuja with all my documents before board of senior investigators and interrogators..

After showing evidences of my trip to Ghana the head of the panel asked me to appeal my case that he will personally assist me..

Unfortunately he died on the process..

Since then I have been going to NIN ABUJA HEAD OFFICE,BUT MY EFFORTS HAS YIELDED NO RESULTS...

The above experience, as narrated, has caused me unimaginable trauma and costs....

Any helpful advice will be appreciated....
I think I've got same issue, but here's mine exactly. Travelled to Ghana with my passport stamped in for 60days, I ended up staying over for 2 years and on returning the borders remained shut so I followed illegal border route and I'm sure without stamping out from GH using that passport would be an offence
I think I've got same issue, but here's mine exactly. Travelled to Ghana with my passport stamped in for 60days, I ended up staying over for 2 years and on returning the borders remained shut so I followed illegal border route and I'm sure without stamping out from GH using that passport would be an offence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Judithjovial(f): 12:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
Johnmusa2013:
Hello Nairaland,

My passport was seized in U.S Embassy Abuja and I was referred to NIN for further investigation..

During the secondary interrogation at the Embassy I was asked evidence of my journey to Ghana unfortunately,I didn't carry them along..

I appeared at NIN Abuja with all my documents before board of senior investigators and interrogators..

After showing evidences of my trip to Ghana the head of the panel asked me to appeal my case that he will personally assist me..

Since then I have been going to NIN ABUJA HEAD OFFICE,BUT MY EFFORTS HAS YIELDED NO RESULTS...

The above experience, as narrated, has caused me unimaginable trauma and costs....

2 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Eriokanmi: 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
justwise:

You are not telling the truth yet.
Exactly my thought

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by lanre4411(m): 12:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
mojisolani:

US can seized a passport if the stamps in it is fake, I think that is the problem with him, he allowed stupid agent to stamp his passport with fake Ghana stamp, and which was detected by the embassy
in fact your head dey there you get it perfectly. I suspect a fake stamp led to the seizure of his passport.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by lesbiconverter: 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
You need to grease some palms grin
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Larrykaysail(m): 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
HitRun:
This your story no just make sense. US embassy, passport and NIN. You high or something? Wetin be NIN Abuja? Bros, get your story straight abeg.
he mean to write NIS ,

NIS is Nigeria immigration services
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Eriokanmi: 1:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Your story does not add up. You don't need a passport to travel to Ghana by road. You only need it when flying, and ECOWAS passport can be used in place of international passport.

So, tell the truth...you might get the right help.
If he's a student or on any official trip across the shores of Nigeria, he must present a passport for sampling at the border. For security and safety reasons within the region too, your passport is required.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by id911(m): 1:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
mojisolani:

US can seized a passport if the stamps in it is fake, I think that is the problem with him, he allowed stupid agent to stamp his passport with fake Ghana stamp, and which was detected by the embassy

Even if they seized the passport, they have no power to keep it. They must return it immediately to NIS because the passport is the property of Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by frowland(m): 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
Beloved3:
Lol you want help but you are hiding information.

Did you go to Ghana to do something illegal? What was the exact pin-pointed issue with the Ghana trip?

They can't size your passport except you are on a crime watchlist or indicted for something illegal or carrying a fake passport.

Cheers.

Maybe he didn’t stamp his passport across all borders; to and fro.
He might have not stamped the passport on Nigerian/Benin, Benin/Togo border but stamped on Togo/Ghana border. Which looks like a criminal method of escaping sort of.
Reason for further investigation.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by obama30: 1:13pm On Oct 28, 2021
Johnmusa2013:
Hello Nairaland,

You people always play mugu where you suppose to be wise, if is Igbo issue now you will be champion on it.

First of all, No Embassies in Nigeria territory have any right to seized your passport in Nigeria soil.Your obtain Nigeria passport as a merit of been a Nigeria even though you pay for it. Is only Nigeria law had the right to seize your passport.
your problem start immediately an Embassy staff told you that your passport has been seized and you jack off to buy bundle and post it on nairaland land. Your first action should be that you want to see the person that hold your passport, when you meet him, you will die with him unless your passport is handed over to you the same way you submitted it. who is USA Embassy to seized my Nigeria passport in Nigeria? which part of Nigeria constitution gave foreign mission in Nigeria such righ? you bleep up

2 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by mycar: 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2021
francis00:
To y'all saying op lied,he didn't lie at all,once you travel to Ghana by road,well na Oyo you dey ooo if you go USA embassy in Abuja, mine was collected also, in which I was ask to go to immigration office in Abuja,but the truth of the matter is you can't get the passport again, simply go and apply for another one...all of you saying it's a lie or he is hiding the truth,I sent pictures I took in Ghana to the email provided,it yielded no result.....what I can say is that if you want to build travel experience,avoid Ghana or else if Dem see stamp like that on your booklet, na Oyo....I don't know about lagos embassy shaa,but Abuja is found of doing that.
Yours is still a lie, no matter what, they will not seize your passport, they can only deny you visa unless you stamped a fake US Visa in your passport.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by frowland(m): 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2021
Edith: deleted
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Lucas4903: 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2021
Commentor:

It is not their property.

If they felt a crime was committed they could hand him and his property over to the police but they cannot seize his passport.

You forgot that u walking into the US embassy is same as being in the US, the US laws govern that land space and so they can seize a passport.

3 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by optionalY09: 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
Johnmusa2013:
Hello Nairaland,

If you join ApC may be Patantami might help you after killing a few people for them then they should help you get your passport back

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by mu2sa2: 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
Must you guys go to USA? Go somewhere else abeg.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by obama30: 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
frowland:

Maybe he didn’t stamp his passport across all borders; to and fro.
He might have not stamped the passport on Nigerian/Benin, Benin/Togo border but stamped on Togo/Ghana border. Which looks like a criminal method of escaping sort of.
Reason for further investigation.

Whether he stamp it on not, whether he commit crime in Ghana on not, the embassy don't have any right to seized his passport unless instruction from Nigeria government. they have right to deny him visa but to seized his passport. who gave such order to foreing mission to intimidate a Nigeria in Nigeria? the guy is mugu if government hand is not in it.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by frowland(m): 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
francis00:

Did you stamp across all borders enroute to Ghana or you just stamped at Ghana border? Many travelers avoid stamps across border and this effects their Visa applications.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by frowland(m): 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
obama30:

Whether he stamp it on not, whether he commit crime in Ghana on not, the embassy don't have any right to seized his passport unless instruction from Nigeria government. they have right to deny him visa but to seized his passport. who gave such order to foreing mission to intimidate a Nigeria in Nigeria? the guy is mugu if government hand is not in it.

They actually do for whatever reason best known to them.
My twin brother’s PP was seized at US embassy in Lagos around 2007 thereabouts (infact, the PP was perforated) but I think his case was that of falsifying statement of account.
Reason why they do this and the legality behind it is left for those in the know. I have never experienced such during all my applications and journeys. So can’t say why.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by obama30: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
Lucas4903:

You forgot that u walking into the US embassy is same as being in the US, the US laws govern that land space and so they can seize a passport.

you lie, under UN law, if he enter there for refugee, he will obtain temporarily refugee certificate before he will be recognize been under US protection at their foreign mission yet under Nigeria territory. But entering there to seek for permission to enter US still make him complete Nigeria in Nigeria soil and therefor they don't have right to seized his passport which he obtian as merit of been a Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by tonididdy(m): 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2021
tranxo:

The inside of US Embassy is not Nigeria.

Do you have an iota of reasoning? undecided
Do you realise the Nigerian govt owns all lands in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw / Ghanaian Man In Diaspora Gathers Snow To Send Back Home (video) / Fatal Accident On Lekki-Epe Express In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.