Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja (30036 Views)

Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) / 15 Giant Snails From Nigeria Seized At US Airport (Video) / His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Solatium(m): 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
Johnmusa2013:
Hello Nairaland,

Pls can someone with experience advise?

My passport was seized in U.S Embassy Abuja and I was referred to NIN for further investigation..

Reason for the seizure was my journey to Ghana in 2018..

During the secondary interrogation at the Embassy I was asked evidence of my journey to Ghana unfortunately,I didn't carry them along..

I appeared at NIN Abuja with all my documents before board of senior investigators and interrogators..

After showing evidences of my trip to Ghana the head of the panel asked me to appeal my case that he will personally assist me..

Unfortunately he died on the process..

Since then I have been going to NIN ABUJA HEAD OFFICE,BUT MY EFFORTS HAS YIELDED NO RESULTS...

The above experience, as narrated, has caused me unimaginable trauma and costs....

Any helpful advice will be appreciated....

The only thing that will make a foreign mission to hold on to your passport at their embassy is if there is a FORGERY ON IT OR IT HAD BEEN TAMPERED WITH.

I can't really understand but something tells me that you attempt using a tampered passport.
Don't waste your time in Pursuing any case except you have a genuine and convincing evidence,in which you have to engage the services of a lawyer to institute a Court case.

As for the passport, gbà gbé e,it has been sent to ministry of internal affairs in Abuja,
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Youhesh(m): 2:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
tonididdy:

So you have being to America before because you stepped into the us embassy? grin grin grin grin

Chinedu wake up!

You are the one who needs to wake up and read more. In 2012 Julain Assange (owner of wikileaks) ran into the Ecuadorian embassy in London, sought asylum and stayed there till 2019 without venturing out for fear of arrest. The UK police could not arrest him in the embassy as it was deemed a sovereign territory. It was not until Ecuador got tired of him and threw him out, that he was arrested. The embassy is a sovereign territory. You shouldn't compare war times in a third war country to this.

2 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by AngelicBeing: 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
justwise:

You are not telling the truth yet.
Gbam, Probably Oluwole >> Dagbo >> backyard Ghana entry and exit stamps on the guys passport and the Eagle eyes of US VISA officers captured the Odu, I hope he is clean, if not, US go don flog shege ban on that passport, next news jare wink

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by deltapikin(m): 3:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Your story does not add up. You don't need a passport to travel to Ghana by road. You only need it when flying, and ECOWAS passport can be used in place of international passport.

So, tell the truth...you might get the right help.

International passport is needed when traveling to Ghana either by road or air. At the borders you must stamp in your passport. It is visa that is not needed because it is an Ecowas country. At the border you will be given maximum of three months stay in Ghana and you must exit the country at the expiration of the date

2 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by alfajohn: 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Your story does not add up. You don't need a passport to travel to Ghana by road. You only need it when flying, and ECOWAS passport can be used in place of international passport.

So, tell the truth...you might get the right help.

You don’t need it but if you have one it will be stamped. Talking from experience

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 3:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
Thanks..

My Passport was not with th U.S Embassy..
It has been sent to NIS for further investigation and interrogation..

I have appeared before them and I have been cleared..

They advised I appeal my case of which I have done and submitted through them(NIS);

Unfortunately, the head of the team died shortly..

I did travel to Ghana through road and returned by flight and I have my papers intact..
Thanks

The only thing that will make a foreign mission to hold on to your passport at their embassy is if there is a FORGERY ON IT OR IT HAD BEEN TAMPERED WITH.

I can't really understand but something tells me that you attempt using a tampered passport.
Don't waste your time in Pursuing any case except you have a genuine and convincing evidence,in which you have to engage the services of a lawyer to institute a Court case.

As for the passport, gbà gbé e,it has been sent to ministry of internal affairs in Abuja,
[/quote]
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Kyf1: 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2021
Oh
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by thuxzwda1: 4:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
U no sabi bribe? grin
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by GboyegaD(m): 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
justwise:

He is lying and you know that as well. US embassy seize passport when fraud is invoked.

I understand your view but reading the other guy who said his was revoked without any fraud means there could be more that even those involved are not aware of.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Tzar(m): 4:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
You probably have a stamp on your passport that is suspected to be fake. You may need to reapply for a new passport as your old passport has most likely been handed over to tge Nigerian Immigration Service for destruction.
Wetin concern NIN with passport?!
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 5:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
Thanks

It will be stupid of me to call for public help and still lie..

I did travel to Ghana by road and returned back by flight.. my documents are intact..

Note

My passport was sent to NIS for further investigation and interrogation..

I have appeared before them(NIS) and after submitting my travel evidences I was asked to appeal my case of which I have done..

The man who was to assist died not quite long and it has been traumatic..

Pls I need someone with experience not guessing..

I mean someone who genuinely traveled with genuine documents and have appeared before NIS ...

NIS has not told me I have been banned or passport seized..
They have only been given me hope..
This is 2years + now
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Chriselow:
NIN, as in National Identity Number Abuja?!
Mix up regretted...

What is meant is NIS and not NIN..
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by MarketDispatch: 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
deltapikin:

International passport is needed when traveling to Ghana either by road or air. At the borders you must stamp in your passport. It is visa that is not needed because it is an Ecowas country. At the border you will be given maximum of three months stay in Ghana and you must exit the country at the expiration of the date

Talking from Experience, I traveled from Lagos to Ghana with just ID card.

Except there has been changes as of now that I am not aware of.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2021
Johnmusa2013:
Hello Nairaland,

Pls can someone with experience advise?

My passport was seized in U.S Embassy Abuja and I was referred to NIN for further investigation..

Reason for the seizure was my journey to Ghana in 2018..

During the secondary interrogation at the Embassy I was asked evidence of my journey to Ghana unfortunately,I didn't carry them along..

I appeared at NIN Abuja with all my documents before board of senior investigators and interrogators..

After showing evidences of my trip to Ghana the head of the panel asked me to appeal my case that he will personally assist me..

Unfortunately he died on the process..

Since then I have been going to NIN ABUJA HEAD OFFICE,BUT MY EFFORTS HAS YIELDED NO RESULTS...

The above experience, as narrated, has caused me unimaginable trauma and costs....

Any helpful advice will be appreciated....

"Our people are using 5G network on your matter...no japaring allowed till further notice...

My advice is for you go on a compulsory fasting and prayer". - Village People spokesperson.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by MarketDispatch: 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2021
porthouse7:
u are too dull... ECOWAS passport and international passport are same thing and u need passport to travel to any country even Benin Republic, only that visa is not required

You must be very very dull thinking Ecowas passport and international passport are the same thing. Ecowas passport only allows you access to west african states. That is where its usefulness stops.

Also, your ID card alone can take you to Ghana and back without using any passport whether international or Ecowas. You only pay a fee at the border.

Don't type without thinking. Experience is different from reading articles online and assuming rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by MarketDispatch: 5:45pm On Oct 28, 2021
HitRun:

This thread na waoh? How is Ecowas passport different from international passport? And who told you you do not need passport if you go by road?

International passport on left, ECOWAS passport in the middle

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by MarketDispatch: 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
Babaken:
you lie bad you even need passport to enter Benin Republic legally not talk of Ghana unless you are going in illegal way.

Whats there to lie about...except if there have been recent changes i am not aware of, ID card will take you to Ghana by road and back.

Find out from all those bus transport companies that go to Ghana

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by MarketDispatch: 5:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
Babaken:
you lie bad you even need passport to enter Benin Republic legally not talk of Ghana unless you are going in illegal way.

What's there to lie about...except if there have been recent changes i am not aware of, ID card will take you to Ghana by road and back.

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by id911(m): 6:05pm On Oct 28, 2021
[s]
MarketDispatch:

International passport on left, ECOWAS passport in the middle
[/s]

U go school at all? ECOWAS Passport is the same Standard International Passort that everyone uses. Those 3 pictures you posted so you still didn't see anything to educate yourself?

First Picture is Standard Passport meant for everyone.

Second picture is Official Passport for top Government Officials

Last Picture is Diplomatic Passport

5 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by feelgoodstuffs(m): 6:13pm On Oct 28, 2021
MarketDispatch:

What's there to lie about...except if there have been recent changes i am not aware of, ID card will take you to Ghana by road and back.

My brother don’t mind them, the problem here is some people don’t know that there is a difference between International passport and the Ecowas passport just like you’ve shown in the images up there, It’s because they’ve not seen the ecowas passport before and probably because Ecowas is written on our international passport. Just like you said, I have used just ID card to travel to Gambia from Nigeria that’s like between 5 countries (contonou, Burkina Faso, Mali, Senegal and Gambia) but it’s like 6 years ago though, don’t know if it’s still possible now.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by MarketDispatch: 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2021
id911:
[s][/s]

U go school at all? ECOWAS Passport is the same Standard International Passort that everyone uses. Those 3 pictures you posted so you still didn't see anything to educate yourself?

First Picture is Standard Passport meant for everyone.

Keep kwayet!

I will find mine and post online. I have one gathering dust somewhere

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by feelgoodstuffs(m): 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Keep kwayet!

I will find mine and post online. I have one gathering dust somewhere

You’re very right. I have both my international passport and Ecowas passport. Two different docs. Pls don’t argue with this person. If they always travel within West African countries they will know what we are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by feelgoodstuffs(m): 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
id911:
[s][/s]

[s]First Picture is Standard Passport meant for everyone.

[/s]

WORNG INFORMATION

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by hismond(m): 6:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
tonididdy:

... Does it snow in the us embassy? undecided
Oga run into the embassy and they will shoot you at sight.

Jurisdiction wise, Nigerian govt can't touch an American citizen without proper procedures once he steps foot inside an American embassy even if the embassy is opposite Aso Rock. Embassies operate independently in the host country doesn't mean you've been to USA for stepping foot in the American embassy

Op needs to clear the story stated, the passport must have been handed over to NIS immediately for investigation
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by ofiko123(m): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
God will help you to recover it in Jesus mighty name..
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Babaken(m): 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
MarketDispatch:

ID card like National identity cards Voters card and business or school ID which is not international passport is just to show the country you are from or your identity let me put it that way. like before Corona virus if you are with Any of those cards that's not international passport crossing somewhere like beat 9 or the main border entering Ghana you will be charge like someone without passport. If you are with your passport I mean international passport entering Ghana from Aflao border which is the main gateway your passport will stamp I don't know of beat 9 if the passport will be stamp or not but I have not seen before. If you are entry for the first time they will take your data I mean the information in the first page of your passport and the money you will pay will be high than regular travelers and don't forget your Yellow card.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
Thanks..

No no no.. no fake stamp my brother..

I traveled to Ghana through GO EXPRESS..
I HAVE MY PAPERS.
I SPENT THREE DAYS AND CAME BACK THROUGH FLIGHT..
uote author=MiamiePizza post=107129635]Johnmusa2013 tell us the whole story, like the real story. This thing you dropped here in incomplete and we cannot help you with this. Its a faceless forum. No one is gonna come beat you. There can be people working at that 'Abuja NIN' office on this forum. Just tell us the real story. Did you do a fake stamp? Provide false details or wetin happen gan gan? Be open[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fatal Accident On Lekki-Epe Express In Lagos (Photos) / Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw / Ghanaian Man In Diaspora Gathers Snow To Send Back Home (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.