Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja (30032 Views)

Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) / 15 Giant Snails From Nigeria Seized At US Airport (Video) / His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by OgaTheTop2: 12:00am On Nov 02, 2021
iguita:
May not so. I have travelled with someone and he had the same issues. We went to Ghana together by road. I bought his tickets and he went with his wife and two kids. The embassy said the same thing to him, this same Abuja US Embassy.
Mehn, this is chokin'..

2 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Milito: 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
cosade:

Cape Verde (Cabo Verde) is a member of ECOWAS.

Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 11:00pm On Dec 23, 2021
[quote author=Commentor post=107131821]

Do they let you walk out of there without handing you over to the authorities?

I assume most people here didn't understand my initial write up..

Right at the Embassy after the interviewed I was taken inside for a secondary interrogation..

That was the point my passport was seized and I was referred to NIS.. Pls not NIN..

NOW I have appeared before NIS,(DOFIT) Where I was advised to appeal my case..

I have appealed and is three years now.. going to ABUJA thrice a year for on this matter
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Adamjob2022: 2:51am On Jun 21, 2022
Can you kindly send me an email? I think we have a lot in common.
Johnmusa2013:

I am grateful for the time..

I repeat I did travel through GO EXPRESS from maza maza lagos and our bus passed through SEME BORDER.

NIS STAMPED MY PASSPORT OUT AND BENIN IMMIGRATION STAMPED US IN SO IT WAS IN EACH BORDER WE CROSSED..

IN EACH OF THE BORDERS THE ENTIRE PASSENGERS WILL COME COME DOWN OR BE CHECKED BY THEIR IMMIGRATION AND THE DRIVER WILL TAKE OUR PASSPORTS TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE FOR STAMPING..

AS SOON AS WE CROSSED INTO GHANA TERRITORY OUR PASSPORTS WERE HANDED OVER TO US...

I STAYED TWO DAYS AND RETURNED THROUGH ARIK AIRLINE..

I HAVE THIS PROFFS WITH ME..

THE FRAUD DISCOVERY PAPER ISSUED ME AT THE U.S EMBASSY WAS EXTERIC " GHANA NIGHT TRIP STAMPS" AS A REASON FOR MY DENIAL..

ON THIS GROUND I HAVE APPEARED BEFORE HIGH POWERFUL INTERROGATORS AND INVESTIGATORS AT NIS ABUJA.

AFTER PRESENTING MY TRAVELED ITINERARIES BEFORE THE IMMIGRATION INTERROGATORS I WAS TOLD I WAS INNOCENT OF THE ALLEGATIONS LEVELED AGAINST ME AND I WAS ALSO ASKED TO APPEAL MY CASE OF WHICH I DID RIGHT IN THEIR OFFICE..
INFACT, THEY GAVE ME A GUIDE ON WHAT TO RIGHT..
THE HEAD OF THE TEAM CATEGORICALLY TOLD ME HE WILL ASSIST ME TO GET MY VISA..
IF NOT THAT THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM I WOULD HAVE PUBLISHED PAPERS GIVEN TO ME AT THE NIS..

UNFORTUNATELY, THE MAN DIED..
HIS NAME IS NGINI AND HE HEADED ABIA STATE COMMAND OF NIS BEFORE HIS DEATH..

THAT IS THE BEGINNING OF MY CHALLENGE
BEFORE HIS DEATH I ASKED HIM IF I SHOULD INVOLVE LAWYER, HE SAID I SHOULD NOT WORRY EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE SOON..

I HAVE BEEN TO NIS 5TIMES AND IT SEEMS THERE IS NO HEAD WAY..

ON THIS GROUND I SEEK ADVISE...

NOT EVERYONE COME TO PUBLIC TO LIE..
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by neutralwale86: 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2022
Pls sir, can I speak to you because I am in the same situation now with a friend
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by topboynaija: 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2022
You people always asking for friends, allow your friends come and ask by themselves. give them the link to join nairaland. na wa
neutralwale86:

Pls I and a guy I met at the embassy is in this same issue now. We went to for visa interview on Friday 12/08/2022 and because we had previously traveled to Ghana , they claim the stamp looks suspicious and that the passport will be returned to immigration for further checks. For me, the stamp is on my old passport and I was given my new passport but the guy Stamp is on his only passport. Please any advise on how to go about this
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by neutralwale86: 5:26pm On Aug 14, 2022
topboynaija:
You people always asking for friends, allow your friends come and ask by themselves. give them the link to join nairaland. na wa

How am I asking for people, I said I and a guy I met at the embassy are in the same problem and I am asking for solution or way to go about it
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by neutralwale86: 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
Pls sir, can I speak to you because I am in the same situation now with a friend
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by iguita: 8:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
it’s to involve the lawyers, if you went for the trip really. Give proof to the lawyers. Photos, transport receipts hotels etc.
neutralwale86:

Pls I and a guy I met at the embassy is in this same issue now. We went to for visa interview on Friday 12/08/2022 and because we had previously traveled to Ghana , they claim the stamp looks suspicious and that the passport will be returned to immigration for further checks. For me, the stamp is on my old passport and I was given my new passport but the guy Stamp is on his only passport. Please any advise on how to go about this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fatal Accident On Lekki-Epe Express In Lagos (Photos) / Ghanaian Man In Diaspora Gathers Snow To Send Back Home (video) / Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.