Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja (30031 Views)

Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) / 15 Giant Snails From Nigeria Seized At US Airport (Video) / His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Charx122: 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2021
Johnmusa2013:
Hello Nairaland,

Pls can someone with experience advise?

My passport was seized in U.S Embassy Abuja and I was referred to NIN for further investigation..

Reason for the seizure was my journey to Ghana in 2018..

During the secondary interrogation at the Embassy I was asked evidence of my journey to Ghana unfortunately,I didn't carry them along..

I appeared at NIN Abuja with all my documents before board of senior investigators and interrogators..

After showing evidences of my trip to Ghana the head of the panel asked me to appeal my case that he will personally assist me..

Unfortunately he died on the process..

Since then I have been going to NIN ABUJA HEAD OFFICE,BUT MY EFFORTS HAS YIELDED NO RESULTS...

The above experience, as narrated, has caused me unimaginable trauma and costs....

Any helpful advice will be appreciated....

Omo you sure no be runs you go do for Ghana ...they fit hand your passport to
FBI for further investigation...Omo automatic visa to US Panti o! My guy no slack opportunity to take off from 9ja..
Congrats..

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by frowland(m): 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2021
tonididdy:

Do you have an iota of reasoning? undecided
Do you realise the Nigerian govt owns all lands in Nigeria.

If you are chased and you happen to run into US embassy. No police can arrest you, until they vomit you out. Same applies to running into a Nigerian Embassy in US.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by GboyegaD(m): 1:26pm On Oct 28, 2021
francis00:
To y'all saying op lied,he didn't lie at all,once you travel to Ghana by road,well na Oyo you dey ooo if you go USA embassy in Abuja, mine was collected also, in which I was ask to go to immigration office in Abuja,but the truth of the matter is you can't get the passport again, simply go and apply for another one...all of you saying it's a lie or he is hiding the truth,I sent pictures I took in Ghana to the email provided,it yielded no result.....what I can say is that if you want to build travel experience,avoid Ghana or else if Dem see stamp like that on your booklet, na Oyo....I don't know about lagos embassy shaa,but Abuja is found of doing that.

Glad you did not condemn him. I have been reading responses and I am wondering why people read other people's story and they boldly claim the other party is lying. It is very annoying.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by fkj950ax(m): 1:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
tonididdy:

An embassy is deemed to be foreign soil.
You need to read more

6 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by GboyegaD(m): 1:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
justwise:

You are not telling the truth yet.

Don't be too quick to judge him.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by tonididdy(m): 1:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
frowland:

If you are chased and you happen to run into US embassy. No police can arrest you, until they vomit you out. Same applies to running into a Nigerian Embassy in US.

... Does it snow in the us embassy? undecided
Oga run into the embassy and they will shoot you at sight.

2 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by obama30: 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
frowland:

They actually do for whatever reason best known to them.
My twin brother’s PP was seized at US embassy in Lagos around 2007 thereabouts (infact, the PP was perforated) but I think his case was that of falsifying statement of account.
Reason why they do this and the legality behind it is left for those in the know. I have never experienced such during all my applications and journeys. So can’t say why.

They did that to country without leader and institution.
If not who gave them the right?
that i travel to any country and that country immigration stamp me in and out is not concern of any other embassy, If i apply your visa and you don't want to give it to me, then you return my passport. every shit happens in Nigeria. the other day Cameroon police was searching houses of Nigerians at Adamawa with impunity. Benin police cross and arrest Nigerians at Ogun state and take them to Benin cell. one day Ghana police will flew in and arrests a Nigeria and return back to Ghana without any interruption.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by id911(m): 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
tonididdy:

Sorry, being in the US Embassy is same as being in the United States of America. If you enter there, it's govern by US laws. This is applicable to all embassies.

2 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by justwise(m): 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2021
obama30:

You people always play mugu where you suppose to be wise, if is Igbo issue now you will be champion on it.

First of all, No Embassies in Nigeria territory have any right to seized your passport in Nigeria soil.Your obtain Nigeria passport as a merit of been a Nigeria even though you pay for it. Is only Nigeria law had the right to seize your passport.
your problem start immediately an Embassy staff told you that your passport has been seized and you jack off to buy bundle and post it on nairaland land. Your first action should be that you want to see the person that hold your passport, when you meet him, you will die with him unless your passport is handed over to you the same way you submitted it. who is USA Embassy to seized my Nigeria passport in Nigeria? which part of Nigeria constitution gave foreign mission in Nigeria such righ? you bleep up

You are misleading him. This is not true. Read his story again. They seized it and send it to Nigerian immigration.

2 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by tonididdy(m): 1:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
fkj950ax:

An embassy is deemed to be foreign soil.
You need to read more

Foreign soil in a Nigerian entity.
Why did the USA embassy evacuate Afghanistan, why didnt they claim foreign soil? undecided they were given a quit notice, do you remember?

Dude the us embassy is a representation of America in any country. It isn't a country in a country as you claim.

No sane country will allow another country claim such recognition in its country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by tonididdy(m): 1:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
id911:

Sorry, being in the US Embassy is same as being in the United States of America. If you enter there, it's same as being in the US not Nigeria because it's govern by US laws. This is applicable to all embassies.

So you have being to America before because you stepped into the us embassy? grin grin grin grin

Chinedu wake up!

4 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by fkj950ax(m): 1:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
The only reason the embassy will seize the passport and refer him to immigration is fake entry and exit stamps.
A lot of Nigerians claim to have traveled to Ghana when asked what other country have you been to during the interview.

Those that get agents to stamp the passport get their passport seized.

The passport is the property of immigration, that's why they seize and refer people to immigration

3 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by fkj950ax(m): 1:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
tonididdy:

No sane country will allow another country claim such recognition in its country.

They all do. All sane countries do.
Afghanistan was insane at the time cited in your example

Read wide

9 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by justwise(m): 1:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
GboyegaD:

Don't be too quick to judge him.

He is lying and you know that as well. US embassy seize passport when fraud is invoked.

3 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by AlphaStyles(m): 1:38pm On Oct 28, 2021
This ur story no make oo
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by id911(m): 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2021
tonididdy:

So you have being to America before because you stepped into the us embassy? grin grin grin grin

Chinedu wake up!
Ignorance is a big time disease!

2 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Babaken(m): 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Your story does not add up. You don't need a passport to travel to Ghana by road. You only need it when flying, and ECOWAS passport can be used in place of international passport.

So, tell the truth...you might get the right help.
you lie bad you even need passport to enter Benin Republic legally not talk of Ghana unless you are going in illegal way.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Nigga44: 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
tonididdy:

Foreign soil in a Nigerian entity.
Why did the USA embassy evacuate Afghanistan, why didnt they claim foreign soil? undecided they were given a quit notice, do you remember?

Dude the us embassy is a representation of America in any country. It isn't a country in a country as you claim.

lolz

See how you're disgracing yourself upandan

2 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Kajaard: 1:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
HitRun:
This your story no just make sense. US embassy, passport and NIN. You high or something? Wetin be NIN Abuja? Bros, get your story straight abeg.

The op thinks he is talking to kindergarten kids. His story makes absolutely no sense. It's full of holes. Rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by JONSYN7154: 1:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
Johnmusa2013:
Hello Nairaland,

My passport was seized in U.S Embassy Abuja and I was referred to NIN for further investigation..

During the secondary interrogation at the Embassy I was asked evidence of my journey to Ghana unfortunately,I didn't carry them along..

I appeared at NIN Abuja with all my documents before board of senior investigators and interrogators..

After showing evidences of my trip to Ghana the head of the panel asked me to appeal my case that he will personally assist me..

Since then I have been going to NIN ABUJA HEAD OFFICE,BUT MY EFFORTS HAS YIELDED NO RESULTS...

The above experience, as narrated, has caused me unimaginable trauma and costs....

have you written to the RSO concerning the seized passport?
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by id911(m): 1:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
Nigga44:
lolz

See how you're disgracing yourself upandan

Too many educated illiterates in Nigeria. Funny enough, they speak with so much boldness in public. That guy is irredeemable. SMH!

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
Those who say Nigerian immigration service cannot seize your passport are only dreaming. Your passport is the property of the federal republic of Nigeria. They can seize it if they feel you've violated any travel rules.

Mine was seized, as a matter of fact, and I was never given back.

Unless you have money to bribe your way, they will hand you your passport.

A friend of mine bribed them and got it back.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by frowland(m): 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
obama30:

They did that to country without leader and institution.
If not who gave them the right?
that i travel to any country and that country immigration stamp me in and out is not concern of any other embassy, If i apply your visa and you don't want to give it to me, then you return my passport. every shit happens in Nigeria. the other day Cameroon police was searching houses of Nigerians at Adamawa with impunity. Benin police cross and arrest Nigerians at Ogun state and take them to Benin cell. one day Ghana police will flew in and arrests a Nigeria and return back to Ghana without any interruption.

Bro I really don’t know if you say all this out of ignorance or out of experience. I told you my own twin brother is a victim of a seizure and perforation - And this happened during OBJ tenure.
If a country like US that respects civil rights do these things then there must a law guiding the seizures which you nor I are NOT fully aware of.

3 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Commentor: 2:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
Lucas4903:

You forgot that u walking into the US embassy is same as being in the US, the US laws govern that land space and so they can seize a passport.

Stop the bullshit.

There are procedures for everything.

Are you saying once they misplace your passport they can claim you had fake documents?

Who's the final arbiter?
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by frowland(m): 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
tonididdy:

... Does it snow in the us embassy? undecided
Oga run into the embassy and they will shoot you at sight.

Of course, your views is just like a typical Nigerian with lawless mentality which is understandable.
It’s a UN resolution - Go and read up and stop being ignorant of existing laws.
If the police are chasing Nnamdi Kanu, a British citizen or Sunday Igboho a German Citizen by union and they run into the British or German embassy respectively; ….they won’t be released.
You will need legal backings to force the embassy to sureender them. The procedure will be followed ‘as if’ the culprits are in UK or German soil.

If you think the Nigerian Police will run into embassies and arrest anyone they like, then I will say you know little or nothing about international law.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by HitRun(m): 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Your story does not add up. You don't need a passport to travel to Ghana by road. You only need it when flying, and ECOWAS passport can be used in place of international passport.

This thread na waoh? How is Ecowas passport different from international passport? And who told you you do not need passport if you go by road?

2 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by demoBaba: 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
Johnmusa2013:
Hello Nairaland,

It happened to one of my friend here in Abuja. That Gana trip was fake since the embassy want traveling experienced.

Bro, tell us the truth that Gana visa was fake. Moreover they may banned you for 10 years without you knowing.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Gbolahan111: 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2021
fkj950ax:

They all do. All sane countries do.
Afghanistan was insane at the time cited in your example

Read wide

Funny
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by haywhy3000(m): 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2021
tonididdy:

It shouldn't get to the stage of asking rhetorical question like " Do you have an iota of reasoning??"

Nigerian Govt don't own all the land under international law. You see where those Foreign Emabassies are located are not on Nigerian soil by intl law. The same way Nigerian embassies all over the world are on Nigerian soil despite being on foreign land.

It's the law. If a suspect is pursued and he/she runs into American embassy here in Nigeria, the police can't go inside to effect the arrest, they can only stay outside.

2 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by porthouse7(f): 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2021
MarketDispatch:

u are too dull... ECOWAS passport and international passport are same thing and u need passport to travel to any country even Benin Republic, only that visa is not required

5 Likes

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by DaddyGngeess(m): 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2021
Just go there find one man way sabi or look for someone that will take u to the legal adviser there, sort things out codedly and collect your passport, is not everything we bring online, this one now small matter

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by HitRun(m): 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
porthouse7:
u are too dull... ECOWAS passport and international passport are same thing and u need passport to travel to any country even Benin Republic, only that visa is not required

Lol @ you are too dull grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fatal Accident On Lekki-Epe Express In Lagos (Photos) / Ghanaian Man In Diaspora Gathers Snow To Send Back Home (video) / Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.