Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja (30033 Views)

Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) / 15 Giant Snails From Nigeria Seized At US Airport (Video) / His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by RodgersAkpafu: 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
tonididdy:

Do you have an iota of reasoning? undecided
Do you realise the Nigerian govt owns all lands in Nigeria.
The person you quoted is right
The Nigerian government has no jurisdiction in the US diplomatic compound

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Amen..
Thanks..
recover it in Jesus mighty name..[/quote]
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by cosade(m): 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Your story does not add up. You don't need a passport to travel to Ghana by road. You only need it when flying, and ECOWAS passport can be used in place of international passport.

So, tell the truth...you might get the right help.

You need international passport to travel to Ghana by road or any other ECOWAS country.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by porthouse7(f): 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
MarketDispatch:

You must be very very dull thinking Ecowas passport and international passport are the same thing. Ecowas passport only allows you access to west african states. That is where its usefulness stops.

Also, your ID card alone can take you to Ghana and back without using any passport whether international or Ecowas. You only pay a fee at the border.

Don't type without thinking. Experience is different from reading articles online and assuming rubbish.
mumu man, kindly show me international passport and ECOWAS passport, and its illegal to travel out of Nigeria without passport, ask ur educated friend's and family

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Orpe7(m): 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
Baba no wan use Virgin passport to apply for US embassy
So he went to do wuruwuru Ghana things
And was caught
That's the true story

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by HitRun(m): 8:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
MarketDispatch:

International passport on left, ECOWAS passport in the middle

They are all international passports. Any document called a passport that is acceptable as an identification document in crossing from the originating country of such a passport into another country, even if it is your next door neighbor country, is an international passport. Call it ECOWAS, AU, or World passport, it is the same thing - international passport.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by tranxo(m): 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2021
porthouse7:
mumu man, kindly show me international passport and ECOWAS passport, and its illegal to travel out of Nigeria without passport, ask ur educated friend's and family
This one cannot have such friends

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by tranxo(m): 8:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
tonididdy:

Do you have an iota of reasoning? undecided
Do you realise the Nigerian govt owns all lands in Nigeria.
shocked
How old are you. Hide your face in shame.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Bishop(m): 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2021
Commentor:

It is not their property.

If they felt a crime was committed they could hand him and his property over to the police but they cannot seize his passport.

His passport can be seized if irregularities are suspected, the passport will then be officially handed over to the Interior ministry, which the NIS {immigration} is a subset of

An official enquiry will then be filled, if you are guilty of forgery, a legal charge will then be filed in court.

Think about it this way, when a bank discovers that the bank notes you brought to the bank are fake do they return it back to you?
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Commentor: 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Bishop:

His passport can be seized if irregularities are suspected, the passport will then be officially handed over to the Interior ministry, which the NIS {immigration} is a subset of

An official enquiry will then be filled, if you are guilty of forgery, a legal charge will then be filed in court.

Think about it this way, when a bank discovers that the bank notes you brought to the bank are fake do they return it back to you?

Do they let you just walk out of the bank?
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by chaloskyx: 9:34pm On Oct 28, 2021
Okay why don't you appear at NIN Abuja with all your documents showing evidences of your trip to Ghana and let another head of the panel assist you in appealing your case now simple. if the other person has died look for another person to help you unless the case is more than you make it and is difficult to solve
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
jumobi1:
So did you file an appeal?

Yes I did, but through the immigration office..
The people that interrogated me asked me to appeal and I have done that..

Unfortunately the major man handling it died and since then it has been ups and down
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 10:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
chaloskyx:
Okay why don't you appear at NIN Abuja with all your documents showing evidences of your trip to Ghana and let another head of the panel assist you in appealing your case now simple. if the other person has died look for another person to help you unless the case is more than you make it and is difficult to solve

The last visit at NIS I was asked to write a REMINDER LETTING to the C.G's office..
I have done that and submitted it for about a year now..

They kept telling me patient soon you will be happy...

I don't understand why it's taking so long??

I even asked one of the immigration officers if I should involve lawyer he said no , but I should just exercise patience
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2021
justwise:

You are not telling the truth yet.

Okay!

Assuming am saying the truth what is your advise?
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 10:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
mojisolani:

Passport would be seized and forwarded to immigration headquarters, don't forget that passport is not your property as well but that of the government once a crime or forgery or fake stamps is used on it. so once any embassies noticed that you have fake stamps in your passport , you may not lay hands on it because they withheld it and forward it to the immigration , just like taking a fake money to the bank for deposit, do the bank return it back to you?

Thanks for taking your time to write..

But how possible is it to honestly traveled and still have fake stamps on your passport..

NB

I traveled through road and returned back through flight...

My assumption is that if indeed there were fake stamps NIS would have detained me when I appeared..

Note also that no agent helps me

I say nothing but the truth

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by obama30: 12:19am On Oct 29, 2021
frowland:

Bro I really don’t know if you say all this out of ignorance or out of experience. I told you my own twin brother is a victim of a seizure and perforation - And this happened during OBJ tenure.
If a country like US that respects civil rights do these things then there must a law guiding the seizures which you nor I are NOT fully aware of.

My brother whatever they do is illegal, no law on earth can permit a foreigner to seize the only document i obtain by merit as a citizen of Nigeria. Can any US law permit a Nigeria embassy in US to seized a US citizen passport in US? They can't try that nonsense in Ghana is only in Nigeria
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by MarketDispatch: 12:36am On Oct 29, 2021
HitRun:

They are all international passports. Any document called a passport that is acceptable as an identification document in crossing from the originating country of such a passport into another country, even if it is your next door neighbor country, is an international passport. Call it ECOWAS, AU, or World passport, it is the same thing - international passport.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by marvis13(m): 12:41am On Oct 29, 2021
My passport was seized and forwarded to Police Special Fraud Unit Ikoyi in 2014 by the Italian Embassy. According to the letter they issued to me, my tax clearance cert is fake. So I have to file for lost passport in order to get new one at NIS office in Abj

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by MarketDispatch: 12:55am On Oct 29, 2021
[quote author=porthouse7 post=107146764]

You are too DULL and ignorance is not an excuse...That you don't know, does not mean it doesn't exist.

Google is still a tool you can use and the Nigeria Immigration website is still working... so, make enquiry on ECOWAS to Educate the Dull mass in between your ears and also apply for one if you wish.

To learn more https://immigration.gov.ng/ecowas-travel-certificates/
To apply for one https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/ecowas/ecowas

I am done.

1 Like

Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by HitRun(m): 1:48am On Oct 29, 2021
MarketDispatch:

While blogs can contain accurate information sometimes, they are not a credible source of information, as they can sometimes contain erroneous information like this one. I have an ECOWAS passport and I have used it to Europe and North America.

I am done.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by porthouse7(f): 7:43am On Oct 29, 2021
[quote author=MarketDispatch post=107151556][/quote]u can't be cured, keep embarrassing urself
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by iretiogo1: 9:07am On Oct 29, 2021
Johnmusa2013:

But how possible is it to honestly traveled and still have fake stamps on your passport..

NB

My assumption is that if indeed there were fake stamps NIS would have detained me when I appeared..

yes it’s possible from what have read online so far a lot of people have genuinely traveled by road to Ghana and wen dey get to embassy they were told they have fake stamp mostly uk embassy
Generally what have notice is if you pass tru seme you wouldn’t have any problem but other boarders they always have problem
Do you pass tru seme or idi iroko boarder ?
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by mojisolani: 9:27am On Oct 29, 2021
Johnmusa2013:

NB

I had travelled by road and used same passport to get my US visa, if you travelled by road was your passport stamps at every border in your presence? See?US won't seized your passport if the stamp on it are genuine, if you dance to the music of someone telling you don't get a lawyer when you believe you have not fake stamp on your passport then kiss US, UK, CANADA, AUSTRALIA AND SWITZERLAND goodbye.more so you can't get a new passport . You need to prove yourself right by getting a lawyer and present all the documents you took to US embassy to your lawyer to file your case for you , almost don't forget that embassy have all copies
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 3:49pm On Oct 29, 2021
iretiogo1:
yes it’s possible from what have read online so far a lot of people have genuinely traveled by road to Ghana and wen dey get to embassy they were told they have fake stamp mostly uk embassy
Generally what have notice is if you pass tru seme you wouldn’t have any problem but other boarders they always have problem
Do you pass tru seme or idi iroko boarder ?

I am grateful for the time..

I repeat I did travel through GO EXPRESS from maza maza lagos and our bus passed through SEME BORDER.

NIS STAMPED MY PASSPORT OUT AND BENIN IMMIGRATION STAMPED US IN SO IT WAS IN EACH BORDER WE CROSSED..

IN EACH OF THE BORDERS THE ENTIRE PASSENGERS WILL COME COME DOWN OR BE CHECKED BY THEIR IMMIGRATION AND THE DRIVER WILL TAKE OUR PASSPORTS TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE FOR STAMPING..

AS SOON AS WE CROSSED INTO GHANA TERRITORY OUR PASSPORTS WERE HANDED OVER TO US...

I STAYED TWO DAYS AND RETURNED THROUGH ARIK AIRLINE..

I HAVE THIS PROFFS WITH ME..

THE FRAUD DISCOVERY PAPER ISSUED ME AT THE U.S EMBASSY WAS EXTERIC " GHANA NIGHT TRIP STAMPS" AS A REASON FOR MY DENIAL..

ON THIS GROUND I HAVE APPEARED BEFORE HIGH POWERFUL INTERROGATORS AND INVESTIGATORS AT NIS ABUJA.

AFTER PRESENTING MY TRAVELED ITINERARIES BEFORE THE IMMIGRATION INTERROGATORS I WAS TOLD I WAS INNOCENT OF THE ALLEGATIONS LEVELED AGAINST ME AND I WAS ALSO ASKED TO APPEAL MY CASE OF WHICH I DID RIGHT IN THEIR OFFICE..
INFACT, THEY GAVE ME A GUIDE ON WHAT TO RIGHT..
THE HEAD OF THE TEAM CATEGORICALLY TOLD ME HE WILL ASSIST ME TO GET MY VISA..
IF NOT THAT THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM I WOULD HAVE PUBLISHED PAPERS GIVEN TO ME AT THE NIS..

UNFORTUNATELY, THE MAN DIED..
HIS NAME IS NGINI AND HE HEADED ABIA STATE COMMAND OF NIS BEFORE HIS DEATH..

THAT IS THE BEGINNING OF MY CHALLENGE
BEFORE HIS DEATH I ASKED HIM IF I SHOULD INVOLVE LAWYER, HE SAID I SHOULD NOT WORRY EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE SOON..

I HAVE BEEN TO NIS 5TIMES AND IT SEEMS THERE IS NO HEAD WAY..

ON THIS GROUND I SEEK ADVISE...

NOT EVERYONE COME TO PUBLIC TO LIE..
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by iretiogo1: 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2021
Johnmusa2013:

I repeat I did travel through GO EXPRESS from maza maza lagos and our bus passed through SEME BORDER.

NIS STAMPED MY PASSPORT OUT AND BENIN IMMIGRATION STAMPED US IN SO IT WAS IN EACH BORDER WE CROSSED..

IN EACH OF THE BORDERS THE ENTIRE PASSENGERS WILL COME COME DOWN OR BE CHECKED BY THEIR IMMIGRATION AND THE DRIVER WILL TAKE OUR PASSPORTS TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE FOR STAMPING..

AS SOON AS WE CROSSED INTO GHANA TERRITORY OUR PASSPORTS WERE HANDED OVER TO US...

THE FRAUD DISCOVERY PAPER ISSUED ME AT THE U.S EMBASSY WAS EXTERIC " GHANA NIGHT TRIP STAMPS" AS A REASON FOR MY DENIAL..

ON THIS GROUND I HAVE APPEARED BEFORE HIGH POWERFUL INTERROGATORS AND INVESTIGATORS AT NIS ABUJA.

AFTER PRESENTING MY TRAVELED ITINERARIES BEFORE THE IMMIGRATION INTERROGATORS I WAS TOLD I WAS INNOCENT OF THE ALLEGATIONS LEVELED AGAINST ME AND I WAS ALSO ASKED TO APPEAL MY CASE OF WHICH I DID RIGHT IN THEIR OFFICE..
IF NOT THAT THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM I WOULD HAVE PUBLISHED PAPERS GIVEN TO ME AT THE NIS..

BEFORE HIS DEATH I ASKED HIM IF I SHOULD INVOLVE LAWYER, HE SAID I SHOULD NOT WORRY EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE SOON..

God will see you tru I have read about some ppl having the same issue and they do travel truly
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2021
Amen..

uote author=iretiogo1 post=107168528] God will see you tru I have read about some ppl having the same issue and they do travel truly [/quote]
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by adexyone(f): 5:07pm On Oct 29, 2021
Since then I have been going to NIN ABUJA HEAD OFFICE,BUT MY EFFORTS HAS YIELDED NO RESULTS...

The above experience, as narrated, has caused me unimaginable trauma and costs....

Any helpful advice will be appreciated....[b]
[/b]
I think you should get a good Lawyer to help you out. Sometimes all these issues can be easily resolved by people who know what the law says regarding such situations. At least to clear your name so it doesn't affect you when you want to reapply for another passport or when travelling out of Nigeria later. The lawyer will make sure your name is cleared and I believe a written signed and stamped legal document from NIS clearing you of any wrong doing should be given to you. That is if what you say is the way it is. You should go the legal way. If it was before it wouldn't have mattered much but with the way things are going now you never can tell whats written against your name in their system. CLEAR YOUR NAME THE LEGAL WAY.
Re: Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja by Johnmusa2013: 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2021
Thanks

My passport was issued me at NIS FESTAC, LAGOS.. Hence it can't be faked..

I didn't go to Ghana for any illegal assignment.. I am working and I have a striving business..

I went to Ghana for genuine reasons and I have proved myself cleared before NIS INTERROGATORS..

I BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE ARE EXPERTS YET THEY CLEARED ME..

INFACT, MY PASSPORT WAS HANDED OVER TO ME THEN THEY ASKED ME

DO YOU WANT THE VISA?

IF YOU WANT IT APPEAL YOUR CASE..

THEY GUIDED ME IN WRITING THE APPEAL LETTER...

ON THAT GROUND I LEFT FOR LAGOS WHERE I BASE..

UNFORTUNATELY, THE HEAD OF THE INTERROGATORS DIED SHORTLY...

I HAVE WRITTEN REMINDER LETTER TWICE WITH THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT COPIES WITH ME..

TRAVELING ALL THE TIME FROM LAG-ABJ IS NOT EASY...

THIS IS 2YEARS + NOW AND NOTHING SEEMS TO HAPPEN...

I WONDER WHY PEOPLE CAN BELIEVE NIGERIANS ANYMORE INCLUDING NIGERIANS THEMSELVES..

THIS IS MY CASE OOOO..
BY THE SPECIAL GRACE OF GOD I WILL COME BACK HERE ONE DAY TO SHARE MY TESTIMONY..

GOD BLESSES..
Beloved3:
Lol you want help but you are hiding information.

Did you go to Ghana to do something illegal? What was the exact pin-pointed issue with the Ghana trip?

They can't size your passport except you are on a crime watchlist or indicted for something illegal or carrying a fake passport.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fatal Accident On Lekki-Epe Express In Lagos (Photos) / Ghanaian Man In Diaspora Gathers Snow To Send Back Home (video) / Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.