Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. (1814 Views)

Are You A Christian If You Are Not Born Again? / You Are Not A Christian If You Support Harm Against Your Fellow Humans Because O / Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
Dude, just explain what I asked you to.
If I can be convinced that Mary gave birth to Jesus without a Y-chromosome, I will become a Christian today and I will never talk I’ll about Bible anymore.

I’m not here to argue back and forth with you or prove that I’m knowledgeable. I just need this one thing to convince me about the veracity if Christianity. It’s not an IQ tussle man

Me? Explain to a teacher? A master?

You need to read your OP again, it seems you have forgotten what you wrote. You are the one who is to show me what I can't see.

And now I am begging you to do it. Please once again. Let's have this discussion since you know the Bible well. You are already making me feel like you aren't saying the truth about you reading your Bible well and understand it's false.

Please again
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
Dude, just explain what I asked you to.
If I can be convinced that Mary gave birth to Jesus without a Y-chromosome, I will become a Christian today and I will never talk I’ll about Bible anymore..

grin You did the same when you created your own creation called Mascots!

You entered into it and you got out of it without any hindrance.

That is what it means and Proves that you are the Creator of the creation.

Hold it! You can be a church goer, but on behalf of Christ,we Reject You!

Continue to entertain us here. grin
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
hupernikao:

Me? Explain to a teacher? A master?

You need to read your OP again, it seems you have forgotten what you wrote. You are the one who is to show me what I can't see.

And now I am begging you to do it. Please once again. Let's have this discussion since you know the Bible well. You are already making me feel like you aren't saying the truth about you reading your Bible well and understand it's false.

Please again
Time waster as usual.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 3:23pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
Time waster as usual.

No I am not wasting time. I am waiting for you to prove what you wrote. You made an accusation. I need evidence of your accusation that you have truly read the Bible. This is what is important to me.

At least if we are to follow someone, we should follow one who know road.

Discuss what you know from the Bible here, you are the one who will do that. I am a student here.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 3:23pm On Oct 28, 2021
hupernikao:

No I am not wasting time. I am waiting for you to prove what you wrote. You made an accusation. I need evidence of your accusation that you have truly read the Bible. This is what is important to me.

At least if we are to follow someone, we should follow one who know road.

Discuss what you know from the Bible here, you are the one who will do that. I am a student here.
I am not here to argue with noisemakers today.
I will wait for more reasonable people who are ready to bring hard logic.

You can keep bleating all you want
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 3:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
I am not here to argue with noisemakers today.
I will wait for more reasonable people who are ready to bring hard logic.

You can keep bleating all you want

Noise maker? By asking you to prove what you said? Isnt that what atheist love to do, to seek proofs?

Don't disappoint me and your thread this afternoon. Commence a Bible study here, let's see you truly read the Bible and not regurgitating false and erroneous information you were taught from it.

The Bible is online if you don't have one. Let's Kickstart.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
hupernikao:

Noise maker? By asking you to prove what you said? Isnt that what atheist love to do, to seek proofs?

Don't disappoint me and your thread this afternoon. Commence a Bible study here, let's see you truly read the Bible and not regurgitating false and erroneous information you were taught from it.

The Bible is online if you don't have one. Let's Kickstart.
Seriously dude, today I have no time and space for religious morons like you and Dtruthspeaker.
I know you are triggered but I can troll you tomorrow. Today is for sound arguments. Ok?
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
Seriously dude, today I have no time and space for religious morons like you and Dtruthspeaker.
I know you are triggered but I can troll you tomorrow. Today is for sound arguments. Ok?

People come and judge Fairly O, did I insult this man?

The mere fact my answers spoil your wishful thinkings and desires does not mean that I have insulted you O.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:

Sound argument?
Isn't that what I asked you for?
Let's start Bro,

Genesis 1:1-4
What do you know about it. Since you have read the Bible.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 3:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
hupernikao:

Sound argument?
Isn't that what I asked you for?
Let's start Bro,

Genesis 1:1-4
What do you know about it. Since you have read the Bible.
If you cannot explain what I asked, that will make me Christian ultimately then go play with your fellow idiot, Dtruthspeaker. It’s just long argument you are looking for

Don’t drag me Into long arguments
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
If you cannot explain what I asked, that will make me Christian ultimately then go play with your fellow idiot, Dtruthspeaker. It’s just long argument you are looking for

Don’t drag me Into long arguments

@Lordreed and what's the other one NaijaSatanlst or so...

Is this what atheism has reduced to? To make a claim and not being able to defend it. To speak on what you don't know and then want to turn the argument around?

Look at his OP, he made a claim, I invited him afterwards for discussion on his claim, but he started to tell me to be the one to prove.

Is like he is still a learner or wannabe in atheism. Please help him to know how to put his money where his mouth his.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 3:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
hupernikao:

Is this what atheism has reduced to? To make a claim and not being able to defend it. To speak on what you don't know and then want to turn the argument around?

Look at his OP, he made a claim, I invited him afterwards for discussion on his claim, but he started to tell me to be the one to prove.

Is like he is still a learner or wannabe in atheism. Please help him to know how to put his money where his mouth his.

You won’t get a conversation from me if you don’t discuss the Mary virgin birth.

It’s as simple as that dude. You can cry all you want
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
You won’t get a conversation from me if you don’t discuss the Mary virgin birth.

It’s as simple as that dude. You can cry all you want

I won't respond to you again. You only speak of what you don't know.

You claimed to have read the Bible, I challenged you to start a discussion on that, you want me to be the one to do it for you.

This is second time I have told you to go and do your research and study properly before coming to public space and disgrace yourself.

Don't ever think it's everyone that was exposed or carry around the erroneous doctrine that birth denial, faithlessness and disappointment in you. No, there are people who dedicate all their life's searching daily to know more on what is the truth and why is the truth and can present their conviction even to the best of atheist in this world.

Put that behind your head next time you want to criticize or write a post about the Bible.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 3:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
hupernikao:

I won't respond to you again. You only speak of what you don't know.

You claimed to have read the Bible, I challenged you to start a discussion on that, you want me to be the one to do it for you.

This is second time I have told you to go and do your research and study properly before coming to public space and disgrace yourself.

Don't ever think it's everyone that was exposed or not carry around the erroneous doctrine that birth denial, faithlessness and disappointment in you. No, there are people who dedicate all their life's searching daily to know more on what is the truth and why is the truth and can present their conviction even to the best of atheist in this world.

Put that behind your head next time you want to criticize or write a post about the Bible.
Move away. Time waster who doesn’t know anything. I’m not gonna play your silly games of special pleading and shifting goalposts today.

Come back when you are ready to discuss how your god was conceived mysteriously.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by sonmvayina(m): 4:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
hupernikao:

Can you do a brief on how Jesus was created at Nicea. I hope you have read the Nicea council report well.

Put in mind.j
The purpose of the meeting was to resolve issues among Christ preachers.

That
1. The reason for the Council is because Jesus was already being preached and its to resolve the issues among the preacher. All the doctrine of Christ were already in motion.

2. The conveyor, the emperor was known as a Christian, that is a follower of Christ. Hence he wouldn't have been the one who created Christ if he has been a follower. History had it that his mother or grand was a Christian.

Putting this in mind. Can you explain how Jesus was created in 3rd century when he was already being preached from the 1st century.

Read my thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6766026/jesus-serapis-truth-finally-revealed
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by LordReed(m): 4:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
hupernikao:

My understanding of the OP is that it's tongue in cheek humour, not meant to be taken as serious claim.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by sonmvayina(m): 4:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Truly, you are mad today and you have set your teeth of insanity towards me. Uselu Patient!

Wao..you already know the place..my house is just after uniben main gate.

Like I said, I will pay for it..
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by sonmvayina(m): 4:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
My favorite part of the Bible is when after the flood, the ark landed and all the carnivores waited until their prey reproduced before eating them while the prey waited for grasses to grow before they can start reproducing.

Now read this with your common sense.

Lol..the letter killeth.

It is just a tale, the writter never said he witnessed anything or know somebody who did..

The Torah was written by Ezra after the babylonian exile. That is when Judaism was created as the national religion of the jews..

Learn the hidden message in it..
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
LordReed:

My understanding of the OP is that it's tongue in cheek humour, not meant to be taken as serious claim.
Leave him to keep bleating.
He wants to take through this usual circular arguments.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
sonmvayina:

Lol..the letter killeth.

It is just a tale, the writter never said he witnessed anything or know somebody who did..

The Torah was written by Ezra after the babylonian exile. That is when Judaism was created as the national religion of the jews..

Learn the hidden message in it..
So everything in the Bible are just fairytales?
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by triplechoice(m): 4:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
Its not suppose to make sense to them. You don’t get it?

You cannot convince a fanatic from believing bogus stories because he’s aware that if those bogus stories were written outside of the Bible, it won’t make sense it him, he has to believe whatever is in the Bible whether or not it makes sense. That’s why they don’t believe The Flying Spaghetti Monster god thing, because it’s not in the Bible. Disbelieving religious stories is mostly instinctive and influenced by field/type of education one gets.

If you were never a Christian and you suddenly come across the Bible in a place where nothing is know about Christianity, how would have know that it is meant for Christians to arrive at your op?

I think you're going to regard it as beautiful work of literature and not called it nonsense and even try to find some interpretation for the myths

This is my point which you still don't get. You're still viewing the bible as a former believer.

Non believers who read the Bible consider it as a literary masterpiece due to the beautiful poetic expression some of the passage contains. Some even find some element of truth or wisdom in it without regarding it as inspired by God.

That is it. Your bias is too strong
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by triplechoice(m): 5:06pm On Oct 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You church goers eh! Can you take a right handed car to the mechanic and it still comes back right handed a conversion?

Or a dirty person who enters a bathroom to bathe yet he comes out the same dirty person, a conversion?

My brother, belief is what causes conversion and not conversion, bringing belief.

It is unreasonable to purchase car insurance before you have a car.

Who be church goer? Who tell you say I dey go church?

You car analogy doesn't make sense. Do you as a Christian regard the Koran as inspired by God?
You only regard and accept the Bible is the true word of God after conversion. That is the truth
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:25pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
yes, a nonexistent author warned that it should be read alongside a nonexistent Holy Spirit.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaa, you've been scammed! cheesy

God's Holy Spirit will never teach you anything alone, what the son of the Author said is:

"For where there are TWO or THREE gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.” Matthew 18:20

So it's when more than one person comes to read carefully, study diligently, meditate thoroughly and pray fervently that God's Holy Spirit will come and teach them what is in the book! Act 8:26-31

That's why there's no religion except JWs whose leaders are a BODY of Bible students that are able to achieve the expected result as God promised:

In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it all the nations will stream. And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion, And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

Do you notice what the Author promised as a result of His presence in the midst of His worshipers?

They will gather people from all races, they will concentrate on what God wants, they will start teaching themselves how to fulfill it, they will become one family and they will stop learning how to kill their fellowman!

No religion can succeed in that because their leaders (your former pastors) read the Bible alone only to end up applying their own understanding, so they can never achieve the positive result everyone is seeing amongst Jehovah's Witnesses today! Matthew 5:13-16 smiley
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2021
LordReed:

A very smart waiver for him.
A good confirmation of the Lord before the Reed grin grin

But let him always add a caveat, that he is a joker and know nothing about what he's saying. That will settle our issue with a smile.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2021
sonmvayina:

Read my thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6766026/jesus-serapis-truth-finally-revealed

I have read it. I stopped reading after the first 8 lines which are inconsistent with history.

The right up stated that Jesus was "created" starting from council of Nicea. My single poser to you earlier fault that completely and am sure the whole writeup was built on that faulty ground.

Followers of Jesus existed before Nicea council. The conveyor was a follower of Christ. Documents existed of followers of Christ. Hence, pointing to 3rd century as the beginning of "Christ" is an activity of trying to console a troubled mind.

You will need to do your research and again and very well in this to have better evidence.

I also discovered you honor the law of Moses and the Prophets. Then I wonder how you haven't seen Christ in their words. He was the voice of the prophets. The faith in the writings of Moses and the songs on the lips of the psalmists.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by LordReed(m): 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2021
hupernikao:

A very smart waiver for him.
A good confirmation of the Lord before the Reed grin grin

But let him always add a caveat, that he is a joker and know nothing about what he's saying. That will settle our issue with a smile.

There is nothing to Lord over, this is a semi popular joke so this isn't my first time seeing it.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Dtruthspeaker: 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2021
triplechoice:

Who be church goer? Who tell you say I dey go church?

No vex, na church goer problem you describe.

triplechoice:

You car analogy doesn't make sense. Do you as a Christian regard the Koran as inspired by God?
You only regard and accept the Bible is the true word of God after conversion. That is the truth

Wow, you too? I blame bad education.

I am simply saying, if you go to a place eg church, which is supposed to cause some change (Born Again/Christian) and you remain the same, then you can not claim to have changed.

Just like going to a barbing saloon and returning still looking the same.

I clearly means you did not go to the barbers simple analogy!
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 6:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
LordReed:

There is nothing to Lord over, this is a semi popular joke so this isn't my first time seeing it.

Well, since it's a joke, I am still laughing at him since then.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2021
triplechoice:

If you were never a Christian and you suddenly come across the Bible in a place where nothing is know about Christianity, how would have know that it is meant for Christians to arrive at your op?

I think you're going to regard it as beautiful work of literature and not called it nonsense and even try to find some interpretation for the myths

This is my point which you still don't get. You're still viewing the bible as a former believer.

Non believers who read the Bible consider it as a literary masterpiece due to the beautiful poetic expression some of the passage contains. Some even find some element of truth or wisdom in it without regarding it as inspired by God.

That is it. Your bias is too strong

There is a good chance that you might regard it as a comic if you are very rooted in science.

How do you think an astrophysicist/biologist will regard the genesis creation story if he reads the Bible for the first time? Comic relief.

He might like the dictions must the story will be fictional to him. Education Plays a big role
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by LordReed(m): 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2021
hupernikao:

Well, since it's a joke, I am still laughing at him since then.

Good for you, let's laugh together. LoLz
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by triplechoice(m): 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
There is a good chance that you might regard it as a comic if you are very rooted in science.

How do you think an astrophysicist/biologist will regard the genesis creation story if he reads the Bible for the first time? Comic relief.

He might like the dictions must the story will be fictional to him. Education Plays a big role

You're correct It contains fiction but to what end?
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Workch: 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
triplechoice:

You're correct It contains fiction but to what end?
It won’t be a problem if those who believe these fictions are not doing everything to make their fictions the norm.

Look at what’s happening in the United States today, Christians want biblical creationism and intelligent design to be taught science in science class. That’s a Big problem

Christians are spreading conspiracy theories about vaccines etc They get these ideas from the fictional books. This is why it’s important to contain them.
It brews fundamentalism and extremism, we shouldn’t sit back and allow that happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Can You Share Rev. S. A. Sadela With Me / Am I The Only One Noticing The "Demonic Nonsense" From The Other Section?? / Atheism Is Not For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.