Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. (1801 Views)

Are You A Christian If You Are Not Born Again? / You Are Not A Christian If You Support Harm Against Your Fellow Humans Because O / Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2021
LordReed:

Shithead bring the talking donkey not interesting in your propaganda.

It's affecting your existence! cheesy
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by LordReed(m): 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

It's affecting your existence! cheesy

Dipshit bring the talking donkey.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2021
1 Timothy 4 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
² Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
³ Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
⁴ For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
⁵ For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2021
2 Timothy 4 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³ For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
⁴ And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2021
LordReed:

Dipshit bring the talking donkey.
It's affecting your existence, wèrè! grin
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by LordReed(m): 7:54pm On Oct 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

It's affecting your existence, wèrè! grin

Bring the talking donkey mofo.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Nobody: 4:41am On Oct 30, 2021
hupernikao:

I have read it. I stopped reading after the first 8 lines which are inconsistent with history.

The right up stated that Jesus was "created" starting from council of Nicea. My single poser to you earlier fault that completely and am sure the whole writeup was built on that faulty ground.

Followers of Jesus existed before Nicea council. The conveyor was a follower of Christ. Documents existed of followers of Christ. Hence, pointing to 3rd century as the beginning of "Christ" is an activity of trying to console a troubled mind.

You will need to do your research and again and very well in this to have better evidence.

I also discovered you honor the law of Moses and the Prophets. Then I wonder how you haven't seen Christ in their words. He was the voice of the prophets. The faith in the writings of Moses and the songs on the lips of the psalmists.

Hello

It's actually worse now

I was evicted from my apartment so I now sleep in open space like basically anywhere

I need to get a protective blanket to prevent too much cold at night

There are other things needed but if that's all you can help me with

I won't stop trying all I can do to get the other necessities
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:32am On Oct 30, 2021
LordReed:

It's affecting you! wink
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by LordReed(m): 6:41am On Oct 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

It's affecting you! wink

LordReed:

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:03am On Oct 30, 2021
Ọ̀DẸ̀ ÒPÒNÚ OLÓDO! cheesy

LordReed:

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by LordReed(m): 7:09am On Oct 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Ọ̀DẸ̀ ÒPÒNÚ OLÓDO! cheesy

LordReed:

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:24am On Oct 30, 2021
LordReed:

For more than a decade you've been here arguing day and night over what a book says and you're expecting a right thinking person to take you serious that it's not affecting your existence!

I'm sorry guy whether you agree or not both snake and donkey talked, your forefathers in atheism can't stop those that believe in it! cheesy
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by LordReed(m): 7:53am On Oct 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

For more than a decade you've been here arguing day and night over what a book says and you're expecting a right thinking person to take you serious that it's not affecting your existence!

I'm sorry guy whether you agree or not both snake and donkey talked, your forefathers in atheism can't stop those that believe in it! cheesy
LordReed:

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Bacteriologist(m): 9:10am On Nov 02, 2021
hupernikao:

Have you read the Bible well and understand what it says? This is the basis of our discussion. I will want you to confirm to me first that you have READ the Bible well and UNDERSTAND its teaching and can confirm its false or contradictory.

I am not working on hear say or online reading.

Kindly confirm this first.

I was a Christian for 20 years of my life. I have read the bible many times than I can possibly remember.

Genesis is the first book of the Bible. I have read it from beginning to end more times than any other book. From children class to Sunday school to preparing for youth fellowship when I was the prayer coordinator.

Hopefully that clears it up for you.

Although that even is irrelevant with why the Bible is inconsistent. How do you reconcile these paradoxes and contradictions in the narration of Genesis stories?
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2021
Bacteriologist:

I was a Christian for 20 years of my life. I have read the bible many times than I can possibly remember.

Genesis is the first book of the Bible. I have read it from beginning to end more times than any other book. From children class to Sunday school to preparing for youth fellowship when I was the prayer coordinator.

Hopefully that clears it up for you.

Although that even is irrelevant with why the Bible is inconsistent. How do you reconcile these paradoxes and contradictions in the narration of Genesis stories?

Firstly, put aside the 20 years. You can attend a place for 100 years and never learnt anything or even being exposed to the wrong thing. So years isn't knowledge.
But this is aside.

To the real issue.

I guess if you have read the Bible well, I don't think you will ask the question you asked for me to questioned your Bible reading.

Your interpretation of Noah's story is a pointer that you aren't reading the Bible as a Bible student but as a story book.

Bible presented theology not science or stories. The writer Moses was a prophet, a theologian not a scientist or astrologer. How then do you pick his book and be reading as if you are reading scientific discoveries.

Even if you have been taught that, you need to start reading it for what it is now.

Hence the inconsistency you are seeing is because you read it with a wrong mindset for what it's not written for.

When you read Bible, find theology in it not science. Theology will point you to God's plan and the essence of the writings.

Moses wasn't the first to write Noah's story, he didn't also claim the first to provide that knowledge, it's a knowledge well documented in several ancient book if you care to read.

The people he wrote for (Israelite) already heard this folklore in Egypt, Mesopotamia and other ancient world. It wasn't a new story. But Moses presented God's truth using the story.

So, what a serious student of the Bible will ask is.

1. What then is Moses communicating in writing this story of Noah.

2. What was the theology being revealed which wasn't found in other writers.

So, find out what he was teaching his people since he wasn't teaching science and animal kingdom.

That means, don't read such story and be confused about the narratives. If you read it well for the purpose it was written you won't be confused.

What does all these mean for you?

It means, Read a prophet book as theology not scientific. This is a simple and common sense that most critics of Bible struggle to get. . Don't be one of them.

This also implies that, if the interpretation you were exposed to about Moses account of Noah's story is what you presented earlier. Then the 20 years of your sojourn in church can't be counted as knowing the Bible.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by sonmvayina(m): 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2021
hupernikao:

Firstly, put aside the 20 years. You can attend a place for 100 years and never learnt anything or even being exposed to the wrong thing. So years isn't knowledge.
But this is aside.

To the real issue.

I guess if you have read the Bible well, I don't think you will ask the question you asked for me to questioned your Bible reading.

Your interpretation of Noah's story is a pointer that you aren't reading the Bible as a Bible student but as a story book.

Bible presented theology not science or stories. The writer Moses was a prophet, a theologian not a scientist or astrologer. How then do you pick his book and be reading as if you are reading scientific discoveries.

Even if you have been taught that, you need to start reading it for what it is now.

Hence the inconsistency you are seeing is because you read it with a wrong mindset for what it's not written for.

When you read Bible, find theology in it not science. Theology will point you to God's plan and the essence of the writings.

Moses wasn't the first to write Noah's story, he didn't also claim the first to provide that knowledge, it's a knowledge well documented in several ancient book if you care to read.

The people he wrote for (Israelite) already heard this folklore in Egypt, Mesopotamia and other ancient world. It wasn't a new story. But Moses presented God's truth using the story.

So, what a serious student of the Bible will ask is.

1. What then is Moses communicating in writing this story of Noah.

2. What was the theology being revealed which wasn't found in other writers.

So, find out what he was teaching his people since he wasn't teaching science and animal kingdom.

That means, don't read such story and be confused about the narratives. If you read it well for the purpose it was written you won't be confused.

What does all these mean for you?

It means, Read a prophet book as theology not scientific. This is a simple and common sense that most critics of Bible struggle to get. . Don't be one of them.

This also implies that, if the interpretation you were exposed to about Moses account of Noah's story is what you presented earlier. Then the 20 years of your sojourn in church can't be counted as knowing the Bible.

What is the theology behind the story of Noah...please tell.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2021
sonmvayina:

Have you first accept him as theologian, that is what he wrote wasn't scientific discoveries or you still see him as an old fake scientist?
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by sonmvayina(m): 2:25pm On Nov 03, 2021
hupernikao:

Have you first accept him as theologian, that is what he wrote wasn't scientific discoveries or you still see him as an old fake scientist?
What did you take from the story...that is what I am asking.

In other words what is the spiritual message in the story.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
sonmvayina:

It's about how some angels did what is abominable and were cast away from the midst of God's heavenly organization.
So after loosing their dwelling places in heaven they returned to the earth and became deities people began worshiping throughout the earth before God called Abraham out and introduced Himself as the one and only true God!
So the story of Noah teaches us that demons or fallen angels are behind false religions that's been practiced throughout the earth today! smiley
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by sonmvayina(m): 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

It's about how some angels did what is abominable and were cast away from the midst of God's heavenly organization.
So after loosing their dwelling places in heaven they returned to the earth and became deities people began worshiping throughout the earth before God called Abraham out and introduced Himself as the one and only true God!
So the story of Noah teaches us that demons or fallen angels are behind false religions that's been practiced throughout the earth today! smiley

Lol...tiooooor.

Well, way of the mark
In any case I was not talking to you.

The letter killeth...your still trying to interpret the story. That is not the spiritual message in the story. Obviously the story never happened. It was adapted from the babylonian epic about Enki and Ziusudra.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Ziusudra
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
sonmvayina:

Lol...tiooooor.
Well, way of the mark
In any case I was not talking to you.
The letter killeth...your still trying to interpret the story. That is not the spiritual message in the story. Obviously the story never happened. It was adapted from the babylonian epic about Enki and Ziusudra.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Ziusudra

The highlighted is all what any believer need to know that you should be ignored? cheesy
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by sonmvayina(m): 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted is all what any believer need to know that you should be ignored? cheesy

Lol..

So where did all the waters go?

How did the kangaroos get there from Australia?

So what do you understand by the letter killeth?
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:27pm On Nov 03, 2021
This is what you supposed to do first before jumping into conclusion over what some people told you, a real intellectual will listen to all sides then go for the most sensible conclusion!

sonmvayina:

Lol..
So where did all the waters go?

God blew a wind and settled the waters in the polar regions of the earth, they're iced there till today and researchers have study and concluded that if all the iced waters in the polar regions are melted all the earth will be covered with water!

How did the kangaroos get there from Australia?
Animals travel thousands of miles and it's possible that they can be on any large vessel across the waters till they get to Australia so that's not an issue.

So what do you understand by the letter killeth?
It simply means if you're just reading the Bible without the spirit of God you and your fellow cultists will continue to KILL one another whereas you supposed to LOVE one another if the spirit of God dwells in your midst! smiley
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by hupernikao: 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2021
sonmvayina:

What did you take from the story...that is what I am asking.

In other words what is the spiritual message in the story.

I actually expect you to first accept the position of the writer, which is key to our discussion. The writer as we know isn't a scientist but a prophet. Hence the interpretation must follow the essence of this. Do you accept his writing as such or you believe he is writing scientific discoveries.

Secondly, Noah story was not originated by Moses, that's a fact through historical records. This never negate or support the stories.

But Noah story through Moses is used to explain God's plan for humanity. This is clear in all the narrative, including

- The (Noah) preaching of the gospel to the lost world
- The giving of a deliverer (Ark) from God of whom those who come to his shelter will be saved. And they will come from all over the corners of the world.
- And lastly, the destruction of the evil world.
- And a new world to began

God's plan hasn't changed, its the same from Noah and till now and through the last days.
Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 6:57am On Nov 04, 2021
Apostle Paul predicted that at the end of time, people will fall away believing the doctrines of devils....

From what I can see here, many have fallen away already....

I guess we are closer to the appearance of the Lion of the tribe of Judah....

If you want to fall away, you better be fast about it....

If you don't want to fall away, read your bible and fellowship with God on a personal level.....

Personal experiences with God is the key....you may be in church for hundred years without a single experience.

I have read the bible and experience God myself.

Come quickly Lord....

The righteous are yearning for your presence....

1 Like

Re: You Will Not Be A Christian If You Carefully Read The Bible. by sonmvayina(m): 7:55am On Nov 04, 2021
Does Christianity contradict Judaism?

The core tenets of Christianity completely contradict Judaism.

Judaism originates as a result of the covenantal relationship between God and Abraham. The Bible (Hebrew Bible which doesn't include New Testament) is our sacred literature. The relationship between the Jewish people and God is documented in the text. In the Bible, the history, culture, language, theology, and practices of the Jewish people are presented.

A few examples of Christian concepts that either do not exist in and/or directly oppose the teachings of Judaism are:

*The Trinitarian concept

* Original sin

* The Christian concept of messiah

* The existence of the devil

* The concept of damnation

* The Christian concept of 'sin' altogether

* The idea that a man can atone for the mistakes of another

* The idea that faith supersedes action

* That God can be man or son of man

* The need to pray to God through intermediaries

Below are a few of the many tenets of Judaism that do not exist in Christianity:

* Man is born good and innocent, there is no such thing as original sin.

* An individual is responsible for his own mistakes and no one else can atone for those mistakes.

* Man becomes closer to HaShem (The Creator) through his actions, blind faith is meaningless.

* Informed consent is required and we are to question everything.

* A 'moshiach' is a mortal man with no supernatural attributes and there have been hundreds of these men.

* HaShem is without form and will never be man or son of man, nor can He be divided into parts.

* The idea that a man can be the literal son of HaShem is an abomination.

* Man communicates directly to HaShem, intermediaries are not needed.

* Every single person who works to live a good life has a place in the world to come.

* There are different paths for different people, everyone does not have to follow the same religion.

* The covenant between the Jews and HaShem is eternal.

* That prophecy ended approximately 2,200 years ago.

* That sacrifice was only a valid part of atonement for unintended mistakes and even then was meaningless without repentance. Prayer replaces sacrifice when the Temple is not standing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? / Reasons Why Pastor Chris Okotie's Marriage Crashed. / Was Jesus Referring To Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.