Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Marriage And Having Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage And Having Children (1359 Views)

Will I Regret Not Having Children / Single And Be Having Children Outside Wedlock / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage And Having Children by Msama: 11:23am On Oct 28, 2021
Good morning! For young couples today is it advisable for them to have lots of children like in the days of our parents? Those days they had 7 or more children from a single mother.
Re: Marriage And Having Children by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 28, 2021
I will not stop having children till menopause, people always think im joking whenever I said this but I'm damn serious

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Having Children by dawnomike(m): 11:35am On Oct 28, 2021
I pirry any couple that tried that now...
Re: Marriage And Having Children by crackhaus: 11:37am On Oct 28, 2021
Nor be only 7... cheesy

Start with 1 or 2 first, then see how far.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage And Having Children by Klass99(f): 11:39am On Oct 28, 2021

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Marriage And Having Children by chiommy123(f): 11:50am On Oct 28, 2021
Maybe when the messiah comes not when buharia is still there
Re: Marriage And Having Children by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Its advisable sha. Maybe its you God wants to use to bless Nigeria with more oloshos, bandits, herdsmen, yahoo boys and cultists grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Having Children by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
Msama:
Good morning! For young couples today is it advisable for them to have lots of children like in the days of our parents? Those days they had 7 or more children from a single mother.
Breed like rats for what purpose exactly? undecided

Those of you who have children that you aren't able to adequately provide for are simply wicked fools. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Having Children by MufasaLion: 3:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
Iyaebe:
I will not stop having children till menopause, people always think im joking whenever I said this but I'm damn serious

Mother of all nations.
Re: Marriage And Having Children by MufasaLion: 4:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
I still don't understand the motive behind having many offsprings. Most people like breeding like rodents meanwhile they've got no provisions in place to give them adequate care and support.

"Children are blesing from the creator," they say, but the creator ain't even gonna be happy that y'all can't feed your kids.

Their should be a law to stop y'all from breeding like rats.
Re: Marriage And Having Children by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Its advisable sha. Maybe its you God wants to use to bless Nigeria with more oloshos, bandits, herdsmen, yahoo boys and cultists grin
God has nothing to do with that foolishness abeg! lipsrsealed
Re: Marriage And Having Children by Gerrard59(m): 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
Msama:

Gerrard59:

Anyone in Nigeria who intentionally gives birth to more than three children (this is even up for debate) admist the country's conditions is mentally impaired, no ifs or buts.
Re: Marriage And Having Children by Gerrard59(m): 6:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Klass99:
No, it is not advisable to have lots of children in this age and time.

Multiply and be fruitful (in the Nigerian context) is not the task of one person alone, spread the task around, for those who want it.

Having children and being a parent, should not take over your life to a point where you no longer have a life and can't even afford nice things for yourself.

Neither should it take over your life to a point where, it seems like your only purpose on this earth is having children. There's more to life than that.

Have a reasonable number of children you can take care of, without losing yourself and your soul in the process and which will also allow you to still flex, achieve other dreams and live a good life as an individual.

My colleague who dresses really well, takes vacations to nice spots and owns his house, is married with just one child. I'm not sure his current lifestyle or other feats (like the house and luxurious vacations) would have been possible at his age with 4 or 5 kids.

People with 4 or more kids are often the ones, I see struggling to pay bills and meet the demands of their family unit/household.

You again! I reiterate, your future husband is one of the world's luckiest (assuming you've not married already).

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Having Children by Truvelisback(m): 6:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
Msama:
Only give birth to the number of children u can take care of. Don't inflict hardship on urself.
Re: Marriage And Having Children by Truvelisback(m): 6:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
Iyaebe:
Grandma, U will never stop having children till menopause. U never retire?
Re: Marriage And Having Children by Klass99(f): 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Having Children by Gerrard59(m): 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2021
Klass99:

I am glad you think so. wink

Aren't you the fellow who said he will do a vasectomy after 2 kids? cheesy

I think your future wife will be damn lucky as well. Not because of the vasectomy alone but your general outlook and take on life, family and children.

Thank you.
Re: Marriage And Having Children by Vision101(m): 12:21am On Oct 29, 2021
I am in my 50s. Economically active. I have only a son. I'm okay. He is a mining engineer. The car he's using now is his second.

He buys things for me and the mum even when he knows that I can afford them. When the three of us go out we move like friends.

How about this?

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Having Children by Polynek(m): 1:03am On Oct 29, 2021
2 boys and 2girls simple
Re: Marriage And Having Children by Saintmary(f): 1:08am On Oct 29, 2021
Vision101:
I am in my 50s. Economically active. I have only a son. I'm okay. He is a mining engineer. The car he's using now is his second.

He buys things for me and the mum even when he knows that I can afford them. When the three of us go out we move like friends.

How about this?

Wow. Perfect family.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Having Children by Saintmary(f): 1:10am On Oct 29, 2021
Children are beautiful, they have a way of pulling at your heartstrings, but they gulp a lot of money.

So, I advise anyone who cares to listen,
reproduce carefully.
Re: Marriage And Having Children by Kobojunkie: 2:45am On Oct 29, 2021
Saintmary:
Children are beautiful, they have a way of pulling at your heartstrings, but they gulp a lot of money.

So, I advise anyone who cares to listen,
reproduce carefully.
Yes, they are so beautiful that in Nigeria alone there are about 10 million of homeless/abandoned children in need of a home. undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Having Children by Stevenbright(m): 5:46am On Oct 29, 2021
Klass99:
No, it is not advisable to have lots of children in this age and time.

Multiply and be fruitful (in the Nigerian context) is not the task of one person alone, spread the task around, for those who want it.

Having children and being a parent, should not take over your life to a point where you no longer have a life and can't even afford nice things for yourself.

Neither should it take over your life to a point where, it seems like your only purpose on this earth is having children. There's more to life than that.

Have a reasonable number of children you can take care of, without losing yourself and your soul in the process and which will also allow you to still flex, achieve other dreams and live a good life as an individual.

My colleague who dresses really well, takes vacations to nice spots and owns his house, is married with just one child. I'm not sure his current lifestyle or other feats (like the house and luxurious vacations) would have been possible at his age with 4 or 5 kids.

People with 4 or more kids are often the ones, I see struggling to pay bills and meet the demands of their family unit/household.

I have always seen 2 as the golden number when it comes to number of children in marriage.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Having Children by Klass99(f): 6:31am On Oct 29, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Having Children by Vision101(m): 6:52am On Oct 29, 2021
@Klass99

@ Vision101, I'm impressed and your narrative made me smile. If I may ask was your reality of one child a conscious decision by you and your wife or an act of God? You don't have to answer, but I will appreciate it if you do.

@me
Yeah. After him my wife had miscarriage and I decided that one was ok. She didn't like it initially. After some years she asked for a girl either through her or adoption but I said no.

We trained the boy do what a boy and a girl can do. Washes, clean the house, cook etc. Mummy and son are enjoying it now.

We pray to God at the appointed time to give him a wonderful wife that we will call our daughter. Definitely the lady will enjoy it because it's a closely knitted Christian family.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Having Children by Klass99(f): 7:01am On Oct 29, 2021

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Having Children by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 29, 2021
The question you should ask yourself first is.. have I finished taking care of myself?
Do I have the extra for another human being?

You can't feed yourself well yet and pay your bills duly you're talking of adding another liability. I see that as self-induced hardship and poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Having Children by Saintmary(f): 8:30am On Oct 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Yes, they are so beautiful that in Nigeria alone there are about 10 million of homeless/abandoned children in need of a home. undecided

You don't have to attack my point naw,

How am I the one responsible for the decision of nothing less than 150 million adults?

Is that not wickedness on your part?

What is your point exactly?
Re: Marriage And Having Children by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 29, 2021
Re: Marriage And Having Children by Kobojunkie: 9:57am On Oct 29, 2021
Saintmary:

You don't have to attack my point naw,
How am I the one responsible for the decision of nothing less than 150 million adults?
Is that not wickedness on your part?
What is your point exactly?
Attack ke? undecided

My point is that over 10 million - 10,000,000 - of those "beautiful" creatures walk the streets of Nigeria, abandoned, even today undecided
Re: Marriage And Having Children by Sonnobax15(m): 9:58am On Oct 29, 2021
lipsrsealed
One is ok with me...
Re: Marriage And Having Children by Kobojunkie: 10:06am On Oct 29, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
Only you and your spouse can answer for yourself but imo, "7 or more children" is too much, esp. in Nigeria that's already overpopulated. Even with all the childcare benefits parents here get, I rarely see people with seven kids; nobody has the time to be chasing after that many kids.
Obviously not since the nation is already reeling with a high population and significantly limited resources. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Your Mother Were The Bread Winner / Nigerians Use 190m Condoms In One Year / Must My Wife Decide Or Suggest ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.