Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... (5920 Views)

The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / Akeredolu Lauds Ikale, Ilaje, Apoi In Diaspora For Developmental Mission In Ondo / Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
OfoIgbo:

I hope every Ibani man in Bonny is paying the right sort of respects to the king of Igbo descent.

That's all. You can take your ogogoro and drown in it for all I care

Bonny and Opobo are under Ijaw Youth Council IYC Ijaw National Congress INC and the Lovers of Ijaw Nation Organization LINO.
Why are they not under Ohanaeze Ndigbo.

And why do they use Amayanabo as king title same with Nembe Brass Kolokuma in Bayelsa Kalabari Okrika etc.

Why not Eze.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:29pm On Oct 28, 2021
Captain8:
I know,,,, what I mean is there dialect is still known.........

Apois and Opobos are really given Ijaw headache...... because they lost their languages to igbo and Yoruba........... well, am glad they never lost their Ijaw identity,, they always agitate for their Ijaw identity

The new Ijaw Central dialect will put an end to all that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
ekesol:

Rubbish.
Peterside is an Opobo man.

Liar.
Oya go and claim Bonny and Opobo physical.

1 Like

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
GreatBoss:

Bonny and Opobo are under Ijaw Youth Council IYC Ijaw National Congress INC and the Lovers of Ijaw Nation Organization LINO.

And why do they use Amayanabo as king title same with Nembe Brass Kolokuma in Bayelsa Kalabari Okrika etc.

Why not Eze.
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by OfoIgbo: 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
Captain8:
jaja was only a slave brought to there....... reason with brain na,,, how can a slave be owner of a place over masters?

Jaja had already both his freedom while still in Ubani. The level of illiteracy you guys are showing baffles me.

He took his followers to the new territory of Opobo when he was already a powerful man in Ubani.

And for your information, the supreme court of Nigeria has already made it clear to Ijaw expansionists that the Jaja descendants are the supremos in Opobo. Ijaw landgrabbers attempted to steal the traditional rulership of Opobo some years ago, but Jaja's descendants flogged them legally.

6 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Jaja had already both his freedom while still in Ubani. The level of illiteracy you guys are showing baffles me.

He took his followers to the new territory of Opobo when he was already a powerful man in Ubani.

And for your information, the supreme court of Nigeria has already made it clear to Ijaw expansionists that the Jaja descendants are the supremos in Opobo. Ijaw landgrabbers attempted to steal the traditional rulership of Opobo some years ago, but Jaja's descendants flogged them legally.

Why are they under all Ijaw socia-cultural organizations till today and not even 1 Ibo own.

Your lies will move u no where.

Go and claim them physical.
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by michelz: 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
Captain8:
Ijaws there are migrants,,,,see cocaine infested fingers typing anything........

Just go to Ibani and tell them they are migrants ,,,I promise, you will have your last day on earth
You are just everywhere without facts but mere sentiment. Someone has shown you clear evidence from a neutral observer, yet you are here talking about going to Ibani.
Let me tell you something I'm sure you must have heard before but totally ignored due to the present political situation of Nigeria or your bias:
The more you pursue your agenda of grabbing Igbos across the country, the more you'll be resisted and made to lose even your perceived strong hold.

6 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by OfoIgbo: 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2021
GreatBoss:

Why not Eze.

Is IYC or INC a constitutionally backed state of Nigeria? These are just organisations Ijaw people try to use to confused the uninformed. Even some Ndoki quislings are members of that organisation. Meanwhile real Ndokis are angling for ENOA state along with the Asas, Etches and others.

Dakuku Peterside is also not an Igbo name, but he accepts his Igbo ancestry. Go figure

8 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2021
michelz:

You are just everywhere without facts but mere sentiment. Someone has shown you clear evidence from a neutral observer, yet you are here talking about going to Ibani.
Let me tell you something I'm sure you must have heard before but totally ignored due to the present political situation of Nigeria or your bias:
The more you pursue your agenda of grabbing Igbos across the country, the more you'll be resisted and made to lose even your perceived strong hold.

Why are they under all Ijaw socia-cultural organizations and never 1 Ibo own till today.

1 Like

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
GreatBoss:

Why not Eze.

Ibo should go nd claim them physical wether them nogo sink that una useless stone body inside water.
Make una die throw away.

1 Like

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by OfoIgbo: 5:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
GreatBoss:

Why are they under all Ijaw socia-cultural organizations till today and not even 1 Ibo own.

Your lies will move u no where.

Why do I need to claim them physically when your ass has been kicked legally by the supreme court.

Later on you tell us that Nwaotam is an Ijaw tradition

8 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by ariesbull: 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
Captain8:
Ijaw numerical counting........

Comparism of the numerical counting of Apoi Ijaw of ondo and Opobo Ijaws of rivers state,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Opobo....
1=NGEI............
2=MAI......
3=TEREI....
4=INII
5=SONO
6=SONIO
7=SONOMA
8=NINNE
9=ISENI
10=OYIII

Apoi....
1=KENI
2=MAM
3=TARR
4=NII
5=SORON
6=SIDIO
7=SONOMA
8=NINNE
9=IISEN
10=OYI/WOI

Opobo and Apoi are the most distance and distinct dialects in Ijaw........ Ijaw is truely one and indivisible..........

God blessed Ijaw Republic.....
God blessed General Ditari.....

Opobo is not ijaw

8 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Arda1000(m): 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
BKayy:

See what Captain Hugh Crow recorded in 1830.
I posted the shot of the numbers but if you need more on the language he met in Ubani and Opobo, click the link.

https://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/115997041797/igbo-ubani-bonny-island-dialect-word-list-by

And please, I am begging you in the name of the Ogogoro you respect and that would be Seaman's Schnapp, I am not here to move back and forth with you
that number chim gringrin.

That must be ewoo chim that they translated like that chia

1 Like

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2021
Arda1000:
that number chim gringrin.

That must be ewoo chim that they translated like that chia

Anybody can post nonesense claiming to be who they are not.

Ibo should tell us why they are in all socia-cultural organizations of Ijaw today and not even 1 Ibo own.

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Igboid: 5:40pm On Oct 28, 2021
Captain8:
you can only take Opobos to the court, because they are the ones who sticked with the Ijaw identity,,,,,,

if you take Opobos to Court for not accepting igbo identity, then you will lose woefly

Opobo speak Igbo as mother tongue.
How exactly did they accept Ijaw ? grin

7 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
Igboid:

The Ijaw Youth Council Chairman Eastern Zone Rivers Akwa-Ibom Ijaw is Ibim Ibiwari from Opobo.
Does that look like Ibo name?
They teach Ibani-Ijaw in Opobo schools both primary and secondary it's compulsory why not Ibo.

1 Like

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by ariesbull: 5:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
GreatBoss:

The Ijaw Youth Council Chairman Eastern Zone Rivers Akwa-Ibom Ijaw is Ibim Ibiwari from Opobo.
They teach Ibani-Ijaw in Opobo schools both primary and secondary it's compulsory why not Ibo.
he is an imigrant

4 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by afube: 5:45pm On Oct 28, 2021
Igboid:

Nwanne, you are wicked o!
You didn't even allow his Agenda to Agend . You shot it on the spot. Point and kill things.

Bkayy na wicked sniper, I doubt if the Op still has a skull to wonder what took his head off! we have taken too much insult from these people!

2 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
ariesbull:
he is an imigrant

So are all the children in primary and secondary school in Bonny and Opobo also immigrant?
Why are they not learning Ibo in schools but instead they made Ibani Ijaw compulsory for all children in primary and secondary school in Bonny LGA and Opobo LGA too.
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
afube:

Bkayy na wicked sniper, I doubt if the Op still has a skull to wonder what took his head off! we have taken too much insult from these people!

Why are they not learning Ibo in schools but Ijaw.

Why do they belong to all Ijaw socia-cultural organizations without leaving even 1 behind that they don't belong but not even 1 of Ibo own they belong.
Una lies nogo anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 5:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Why do I need to claim them physically when your ass has been kicked legally by the supreme court.

Later on you tell us that Nwaotam is an Ijaw tradition

Go and tell the Obolo Ijaws in Andoni rivers state, Eastern Obolo and Ibeno akwa-ibom that do the nwatam festival as their tradition too, same way with Ibani Ijaws of Bonny nd Opobo.
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Arda1000(m): 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
GreatBoss:

Anybody can post nonesense claiming to be who they are not.

Ibo should tell us why they are in all socia-cultural organizations of Ijaw today and not even 1 Ibo own.

claim who physically grin u mean this people ?

5 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by afube: 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2021
GreatBoss:

Why are they not learning Ibo in schools but Ijaw.

Why do they belong to all Ijaw socia-cultural organizations without leaving even 1 behind that they don't belong but not even 1 of Ibo own they belong.
Una lies nogo anywhere.

cos you mumus allowed Fulani Gambaris to set up their throne at Rivers state house (Brick House) in GRA Port Harcourt from where they issue directives to you dumbos, I hear you mugus now have to go through Sultan of Sokoto to get NDDC contracts..............you lot make chimpanzees look smart! Well you can manage with your pipeline maiguard contracts........that will keep the ogogoro flowing! see the natural-born saboteurs Ndigbo wasted their votes on! lessons learnt!

5 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2021
Arda1000:
claim who physically grin u mean this people ?

Don't show me fake pictures.
Stop their King from using Amayanabo and force him to use Eze.
Stop their children from learning Ibani Ijaw in school.
Force them to leave all Ijaw socia-cultural organizations they belong and enter Ibo own.
If u can't do this. Don't show fake pictures.
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
Igboid:

Opobo first language is what I post to you to see,,,,,,,,,,,,,, everyone knew it the igbo language speaking by the Opobos is a borrowed one

2 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2021
ariesbull:

Opobo is not ijaw
and their counting is same with the Ijaw counting,,,,,,, may God forgive you for denying truth

1 Like

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by GreatBoss: 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
Captain8:
Opobo first language is what I post to you to see,,,,,,,,,,,,,, everyone knew it the igbo language speaking by the Opobos is a borrowed one

They will tell me why Opobo people learn Ibani Ijaw in primary and secondary school and never Ibo.

2 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Igboid: 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
GreatBoss:

We are well aware of neighboring islands like Finima and co where they speak that primitive Ijoid language that no one wants to hear.
Opobo people don't need school to learn Igbo. It's a mother tongue, their mothers teach it to them at home.

5 Likes

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
michelz:

should we leave our Ijaw brothers for igbo strangers
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
OfoIgbo:

another territory as saying,,,,,who owns that territory they went to occupied

are the Igbos in far away land own that territory they went to occupied or the Bonny Ijaws within that territory

is that how to owns a land,,,,,,,, so, if I come to enugu forest to found a place, will that place automatically became Ijaw territory

You people are thieves,,,,,, furu abu

1 Like

Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Captain8(m): 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
GreatBoss:

The new Ijaw Central dialect will put an end to all that.
yeah, the New Ijaw center dialect Will solved everything
Re: Opobo Ijaws Of Rivers State And Apoi Ijaws Of Ondo State... by Newton85: 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
GreatBoss:

Sowore always say he is ijaw
Na, how Sowore identifies depends on who he's granting an interview. When Sowore is in the midst of Yorubas he'll tell you he's Yoruba, when he's in the midst of Ijaws he will tell you he is Ijaw. Ethnic identity is a very complex issue for many people. While it's a very simple thing for me to say I'm Yoruba, it's not a very simplistic decision for others to make, even though they might bear Yoruba or Ijaw names.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku Pledges To Connect Nasarawa With Good Road, Youth Employment / Nigeria’s Future Depends On Quality Nutrition – VP Shettima / Tinubu, Fashola To Make N506b From Lekki Toll Fees !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.