Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,560 members, 7,847,327 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:27 PM

Is This Normal? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Normal? (667 Views)

Help!! Is this normal? His New Marriage Is About To Crumble!! / Caroline Danjuma Twerks For Her Husband At The Club..is This Normal? / She Only Wnt To Be Ontop, Is This Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Normal? by Tiana155(f): 9:28am On Jun 04, 2011
Hello nairalanders, i will love know wot u guys feel concernin this. I av been going out wit this guy for six years nw and we av a beautiful daughter, he is ok and comfortable. And i love him. But he did'nt want to get maried now. He says: he's two elder brothers are not yet maried so being d third son he does'nt want 2 get maried b4 them, and he is 35yrs. Do u think dis is normal?
Re: Is This Normal? by Blazay(m): 9:36am On Jun 04, 2011
Very normal.

Why buy the cow if the milk is free? If it ain't broke. . . please, don't try to fix it. kiss

I would not marry the dude after having a child. Usually, you get married before having children. Having enjoyed all the benefits of the marriage that would never be. . . I would invest more time in getting another child. Better still, you are married under 'common law' stipulations.

I commend the men in this family for helping keep the statistics of failed marriages way down. No one should get into marriage just for the heck of it.

Kudos to all three brothers! kiss
Re: Is This Normal? by Mynd44: 9:50am On Jun 04, 2011
As far as he and hi family recognises you and he perfroms the duties of a husband, he is your husband
Re: Is This Normal? by deniyor: 10:47am On Jun 04, 2011
He does not want to get married, not to yoou anyways. I agree with Blazay on this. Why pay for the cow when you get the milk free. He gets everything he can possibly want from a marriage already so why bother? Moreover he can move on easier if things get patchy btw you two.
I wouldn't say you have much of a bargaining stance. Marriage should ahve come b4 the pregnancy or at least b4 birth. Why bother now?
THe most important thing is you guys are committed to each other.
Re: Is This Normal? by tunnytox(m): 11:38am On Jun 04, 2011
@OP
You've allowed this man to take for a ride too long, after 6 years and a daughter he's still not ready! His excuse is a lame one
Re: Is This Normal? by Tiana155(f): 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2011
@ deniyor, i will love to correct an expression here, this guy loves me so much but no marriage.
Re: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 05, 2011
he is probably being honest however keep in mind that some men view marriage as being the end of their days of fun. 

undecided undecided undecided

some men sef.  undecided

hopefully this is not the case and he in fact values tradition as he says. If so then I don't see anything wrong with it so long as he is not cheating
or trying to evade the concept of marriage as a whole.
Re: Is This Normal? by iice(f): 9:02am On Jun 05, 2011
Not normal but not uncommon.
He loves you, you love him. You're doing ok.
He doesn't want marriage, you want marriage?
If both of you are unwilling to change the stand and unwilling to continue as you are then move on.
I no sabi all these confusion thing. You make a choice and follow through.
Re: Is This Normal? by obowunmi(m): 9:09am On Jun 05, 2011
@OP: yes its normal. His xcuse is a lame one. Doubt he wants to marry so just manage him. Next time, marry before you get pregnant for any man who "claims" to love you. Or else, choose to be a single mom. Your choice.
Re: Is This Normal? by hollandis(f): 9:56am On Jun 05, 2011
What else does he want in marriage.He has a girl he can run to for Bleep, he has a daughter ,all family members recognizes you both.So what else does he need?
Re: Is This Normal? by ceeplus(m): 10:07am On Jun 05, 2011
@OP. sometimes is normal,sometimes is not,depending on their culture.or his finance.Just try and accept anything you cannot change.
Re: Is This Normal? by Tiana155(f): 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2011
I thank u all for sharing how u feel about this. This is one of the reason why i love nairaland, FREEDOM TO SAY YOUR MIND.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are You In Your Current Relationship? / Mister Ojo The Faithful Loving Husband / Scarcity Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.