Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,269 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) (3007 Views)

If You Were To Choose A Marriage Partner From Nairaland (pictures) / "Face Reveal" On Nairaland (Pictures) / I Love This Girl On Nairaland!!! (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by Xenry: 10:04pm On Oct 29, 2021
You can pretty much argue with a 10 years old kid online and leave feeling superior. Since you don't know their age, you won't know your loss . . .
Now you get the point. Sometimes it's just not worth the effort. Especially on Nairaland; a faceless forum like this, where kids fake their ages just to fit in. Mehn, I no fit argue with anybody here oo. Make anonymous kids no use me catch cruise and waste my time.
But it's sometimes not hard to figure them out; by their comments, you shall know them.
A lot of intelligent dudes are here also, and I attentively read their comments in awe.
But all in all, do not blindly argue online, the person behind that keyboard may be just a lil kid who's on freemode browsing.
Nairaland is a cool forum, but there are many kids here... They are in your mentions, threads commenting ***, and yet you would come online, reply their mentions and chat with them like they know "what's up" in life, as if they have experienced the raw realities of nature.
It's all good shaa... But this forum remains toxic for kids, and some would grow up to hate women if they are allowed to roam around on this section of Nairaland's street aimlessly and unguided!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by Bigredmachine: 10:06pm On Oct 29, 2021
You are right

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by ConnectPhones(m): 11:53pm On Oct 29, 2021
Not far from the Truth

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by siofra(f): 12:30am On Oct 30, 2021
undecided
Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by sunshineV(f): 12:33am On Oct 30, 2021
Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by stunnert(m): 12:50am On Oct 30, 2021
You hit the bull's eye with this write up

Long ago I decided not to argue with anyone on this forum, I'd just let everybody believe in his or her point of view be it right or wrong

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by Cerebellum: 1:56am On Oct 30, 2021
Issoryt
Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by UndauntedYOCA(f): 2:13am On Oct 30, 2021
Funny but true and that's one of the reasons I try to avoid back-and-forth forth stuff, trolling inclusive.
When it's necessary to make a point/elucidate or probably just educate, I do so and when I feel there's no need, I just ignore or just mind my business.
I do not have energy for unnecessary, really rude/ condescending conversations.
I also think it's important to be mindful of what we say and be respectful of people because we don't know who's who, what people are experiencing etc. This is a faceless forum, it's easy to be careless with our words, thoughts and actions.
One can converse, argue or drive home points without necessarily being ill-mannered or too cocky.

Oh, I'd like to point out that age doesn't necessarily equate maturity. A really young person can be mature and you'll have an adult who behaves so childishly.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by Jeremani: 2:15am On Oct 30, 2021
sunshineV:
like this one

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:51am On Oct 30, 2021
I don't reply all quotes. But what can't stand is those with foul mouth

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 3:49am On Oct 30, 2021
siofra:
undecided

My exact emotion. grin Come, why are you always commenting just what I think? Like, I read the post and the first thing that came to my mind was to come and hiss. undecided Mtcheeewww.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by tobechi20(m): 4:20am On Oct 30, 2021
Arguing with a child who is willing to learn is worth it.

I learnt a lot by arguing.

Argue to I understand different perspective not to win.

No insults

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by Vulcanheph(m): 4:59am On Oct 30, 2021
I agree with you On... I stopped doing that a long time ago, you will only end up getting agitated.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by Lilsameey: 7:05am On Oct 30, 2021
Lmaoooo,..
Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by MistaMann: 7:15am On Oct 30, 2021
Xenry:
You can pretty much argue with a 10 years old kid online and leave feeling superior. Since you don't know their age, you won't know your loss . . .
Now you get the point. Sometimes it's just not worth the effort. Especially on Nairaland; a faceless forum like this, where kids fake their ages just to fit in. Mehn, I no fit argue with anybody here oo. Make anonymous kids no use me catch cruise and waste my time.
But it's sometimes not hard to figure them out; by their comments, you shall know them.
A lot of intelligent dudes are here also, and I attentively read their comments in awe.
But all in all, do not blindly argue online, the person behind that keyboard may be just a lil kid who's on freemode browsing.
Nairaland is a cool forum, but there are many kids here... They are in your mentions, threads commenting ***, and yet you would come online, reply their mentions and chat with them like they know "what's up" in life, as if they have experienced the raw realities of nature.
It's all good shaa... But this forum remains toxic for kids, and some would grow up to hate women if they are allowed to roam around on this section of Nairaland's street aimlessly and unguided!

It doesn't matter whether an individual is 18 or 99 years old, what matters is the intellectual capacity, mental reasoning, comprehensive capabilities of an individual and the level of exposure, knowledge about what is being discussed or argued.

Just because someone is young does not mean the individual knows nothing.

Not only on nairaland, generally know whom you want to argue or discuss with. The first few sentences would tell you if a person is intellectually sound or knowledgeable about the topic in hand or if the individual is welling to reason out or is just a troll.

Like you now what you posted tells me a lot about you. You couldn't figure out that age has nothing to do with discussion or arguement this is a red flag for me.

Would I engage in an argument with you now? No. Besides today is Saturday I have some uniform to wash.

8 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by helinues: 7:41am On Oct 30, 2021
Funniest part about the forum, one goofing blindly argument na straight relegation cos people won't take you seriously again.

So many people have been relegated with false I too know
Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 30, 2021
This write up is funny but it's food for thought

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by ABCthings: 8:39am On Oct 30, 2021
Does it really matter?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by Telegram234(m): 9:12am On Oct 30, 2021
Yes boss.
Well said.
Thats is why most times I dont comment like before as usual.
Thats was how I saw a thread yesterday, the OP is 17 years old and he said his gf is pregnant for him.
Does it mean that old man like me have been arguing with kids since on this forum?
You see them creating senseless and meaningless thread and mentions here?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by 9japride(m): 9:50am On Oct 30, 2021
Not entirely kids, majority I believe are adults who use trolling to while away their time. I don't really see the fun in trolling people on important topics here. To me is more of a psychopathic behaviour.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by TheWolfen(m): 11:13am On Oct 30, 2021
I trust myself. I don't dey reply stupid mentions.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by Oglock(m): 11:28am On Oct 30, 2021
Irredeemable Simps Are Useless...All Of Them

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by traihit: 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2021
Bigredmachine:
Nobody wins an online argument...

Let's even say someone wins, what's even the point or to what end us the win?
Not only winning, even insults. I either don't respond to your insults or I give you a comeback (not an insult), that'll make you feel bad.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by lkillbrokehoes: 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2021
Kids like Hintona and the rest, that's why I don't engage with anyone here

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by Polynek(m): 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2021
In terms of argument, is either d person wants to verify something, wants to learn more, d person Is bored and he/she is jox catching cruise.
Person like me, am on NAIRALAND any time am less busy to read the latest information in many aspects of life, I comments on thread I feel like commenting.
I no get dat dat time 4 argument but I read Dem o�
Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
You are so right some people would just come from know where and start telling you what to do on a public forum, lol
Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by siofra(f): 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2021
Magnoliaa:

My exact emotion. grin Come, why are you always commenting just what I think? Like, I read the post and the first thing that came to my mind was to come and hiss. undecided Mtcheeewww.

Lololol grin grin

I don't know o

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by Queenserah26(f): 10:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
Very true
Re: Why You Shouldn't Argue Blindly On Nairaland! (Pictures) by Eze2000(m): 6:06am On Oct 31, 2021
Xenry:

Easiest way to figure this out is to check the time a moniker registered.

The kids are often registered from 2020 onwards

(1) (Reply)

Love Stories Only On Light Reader / Some Girls Sha / S3X: I Only Wanted To Be More Romantic But Ended Up Regretting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.