Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother (13941 Views)

How Can I Treat The Disease Affecting My Goat / Help..how Do I Treat Catfish With Swollen Belle / Raising Broilers; My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Kellie069(m): 6:24pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bring dem make we fry am chop
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 31, 2021
Pray for them.

You'll shall not lose them.
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by RichieMichie: 6:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
What kind of vet would make the mistake of vaccinating a sick bird?

Describe the symptoms of your ailing birds.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by BMathew: 6:29pm On Oct 31, 2021
How dare your Vet give vaccinnes to a diseased birds. Absolutely wrong.

Meanwhile, you can quote me, send pictures and also symptoms of the birds.
You can as well get a blade, open up the bird snap one or two (mortality) while still fresh and upload for quick measure.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by BMathew: 6:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
Mercychen:

Prey for them.

grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by jamesharryson(m): 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2021
Stoglins12:
Good afternoon and happy sunday nairalanders, please my broilers have been sick for the past few days, I contacted the man that I bought them from, who also serve as a vet. doctor. He vaccinated them 2 days ago and assured me that they would be okay, I didn't doubt him because he was the one that vaccinated the ones that I raised last year and they were okay.
But my fear now is that since the past few days (Friday to be precise) that they've been vaccinated, there seems to be no improvement, infact they are getting worst.
Please house, what else do you think i should do? Thanks.

This needs urgent front page attention pleeaasseee.
Can I have a clear picture of the poo and the birds
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Heloct(f): 6:38pm On Oct 31, 2021
You don't vaccinate sick birds. You medicate them.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by tradepunter: 6:40pm On Oct 31, 2021
I think they suffering from gboboro virus...
Very deadly virus
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by 0taPiaPia(m): 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2021
When you are serious you will upload the pix for appropriate analysis angry
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Oppy2k2: 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
Kill, roast and chop.

problems no dey finish
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Thebraveman: 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
You need to see a certified Vet doctor
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by babavik: 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
IKBARUTEN11:
I don't know if it still works

In 2009, when I expressed the same issue, I was advised to add marijuana to the fouls' drinking water. This increased the intake of feed but it worked

You can try it
Please Sir can you explain more on this?
Like you have to boil the marijuana and sieve the water to them?
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by babavik: 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
Heloct:
You don't vaccinate sick birds. You medicate them.
Exactly
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by OlujobaSamuel: 6:49pm On Oct 31, 2021
Op, you made such a post and you are not available to respond to people's query.
What is the history and age of the birds, poop colour, feather state, dead state, etc.
Btw, no one vaccinates a sick bird, except you are talking about fowl pox which is not a case with broilers
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by babavik: 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2021
Mercychen:
Pray for them.

Yes I so much believe in prayers but this is not spiritual warfare.
This is science and will need scientific knowledge.
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by lomprico(m): 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2021
Stoglins12:
Good afternoon and happy sunday nairalanders, please my broilers have been sick for the past few days, I contacted the man that I bought them from, who also serve as a vet. doctor. He vaccinated them 2 days ago and assured me that they would be okay, I didn't doubt him because he was the one that vaccinated the ones that I raised last year and they were okay.
But my fear now is that since the past few days (Friday to be precise) that they've been vaccinated, there seems to be no improvement, infact they are getting worst.

put tetracycline in their water

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2021
babavik:

Yes I so much believe in prayers but this is not spiritual warfare.
This is science and will need scientific knowledge.
.it also needs spiritual approach. Or don't you pray on your biz? Hian!
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Honduras: 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
Drop screen shot of thier poo let me see
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Uniique(m): 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2021
[quote author=AlexBells post=

Broiler business is not for the faint of heart, sometimes you would do everything, yet they die like chicken, now you get that statement, not funny though [/quote]

"Yet they die like chicken". Before na goat dem be?
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by macjireh: 6:59pm On Oct 31, 2021
Stoglins12:

I dont know how many u have,,but every morning drop 2tablets vitamin B complex,,2 capsules of Ampiclox and 1 tablet of paracetamol in their water and see magic happening...my father lost almost all his birds b4 he got this solution
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by AlexBells(m): 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
[quote author=Uniique post=107222265][/quote]
What you want me to tell her na, everyone already got used to saying die like chicken so I can't say they die like flies, when those broilers want to die ba, flies will sit back and take a lesson, those creature can be fragile, heat they die, cold they die, water no dey, they die water come day too much they die, feed no dey, they die, food come too much they still die, those creatures are one of a kind

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Walatip397(m): 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2021
I don't want to believe this is not a make up story as usual on Nairaland.
Different people suggests you post the pics,but you didn't respond to any

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Flamezreal(m): 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2021
Never you vaccinate sick birds. Different symptoms mean different diseases and each disease with it's perculiar treatment. State the symptoms first.
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Meenabee(f): 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
How old are they and are they running temperature? What is their poop color and how's their feathers and bum? Are they always clustered together? Please you don't vaccinate sick birds till they are treated and fully recovered. Pls don't email me just reply my quote so I can share treatment ASAP.
Thanks
Stoglins12:

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Juanmike(m): 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2021
Treat it to dinner.
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2021
God go heal them..... But you can buy powder that is used to kill tick to rub their body
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Kfg1: 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
Call medics
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by DonBenergy(m): 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
This is an incomplete info. Symptoms, age, vaccination history and so on... And the guy parading himself as a Doctor might be a quack. Vaccination is not the next thing for a sick animal.
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by otokx(m): 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
That was how all my pullet birds died at 15 weeks due to a hatchery problem. No amount of drugs and vet visits could save them.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by christistruth01: 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
Give them Tagiri Water ( Christmas Melon) or bitterleaf water until they get better

Tagiri

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Phoenixk: 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2021
Firstly no qualified Vet will vaccinate Sick birds !

Secondly Pictures would have helped alot
What do their Excreta look like ? watery Green with white streaks ? Watery Creamy Brown?

Sincerely it will be difficult to help without more info
I wonder if they still sell IODASTERYL ,It used to be our gbogbonise for Chicken diseases back in the days

All the best
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
Stoglins12:

My cousin who works in a poultry farm has stopped going to work due to the death of birds in his boss's farm.You are not alone in this situation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State / Have You Heard About New Hope Feeds? / Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.