Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever (670 Views)

⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity / Salvation Is Free / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 4:10
Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”

Romans 5:15
But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:32
He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

2 Corinthians 9:15
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

Paul clearly expressed the fact that eternal salvation is the “gift of God” (Rom. 6:23). He even specified that it is a “free” gift (Rom. ... When one has done all that God has commanded, he has still not “earned” that which God promised him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:33pm On Oct 31, 2021
Paul clearly expressed the fact that eternal salvation is the “gift of God” (Rom. 6:23). He even specified that it is a “free” gift (Rom. ... When one has done all that God has commanded, he has still not “earned” that which God promised him.

Many among the population of this country will adamantly express the truth that salvation is free, while forgetting that though it is a gift that cannot be purchased, it did and does cost much.

Let’s start by confirming the truth that salvation is not something one can purchase or merit by way of good works. Paul clearly expressed the fact that eternal salvation is the “gift of God” (Rom. 6:23). He even specified that it is a “free” gift (Rom. 5:15-18). Further, he expressed to the Ephesians that it was by grace that they were saved through faith: “and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Eph. 2:8-9). Peter told Simon that the gift of God cannot be purchased with money (Acts 8:20). When one has done all that God has commanded, he has still not “earned” that which God promised him. When Naaman, the leper, dipped in the Jordan River seven times as instructed by the prophet Elisha, he had not earned cleansing of his leprosy, but it was still given to him by God (II Kings 5:10-14).

We need to first recognize that the salvation of man was indeed extremely expensive! Not in the form of silver, gold or money of any kind, but expensive nevertheless. We are not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, but by the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot (I Pet. 1:18-19). God commended His love toward us that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Rom. 5:8.. . God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son (John 3:16). Indeed, no gift has ever been so great, but no price so great has ever been paid for a gift!

But, let us also understand that not only was there a great price paid by the giver of the gift, there is a cost that the recipient must bear as well. For example, one could be in need of some kind of life saving surgery that the cost was beyond their ability to pay, and thus that surgery was beyond their ability to get. A big hearted surgeon comes along and performs the surgery for him without charge, or in other words, for free. That person will still have a price to pay. He would have to pay submission, by following the instructions given prior to actually having the surgery. He would pay with a certain degree of pain and discomfort that followed the surgery. He may even pay with limitations on what he could do after the surgery.

Yet, his life had been saved and it was free. In order to have the gift of eternal life, we too must submit to the authority of the great physician, Jesus Christ, the Son of God. We must submit His authority and follow His instructions. The Hebrew writer said that “…he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him” (Heb. 5:9). Then, being “buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses” (Col. 2:12-13). Notice that after the operation, you are raised with Him. Paul told the Romans that such were being raised to “walk in newness of life” (Rom. 6:4). There may indeed be limitations to what we can do after the operation. No more can we participate in the immoral fleshly desires of the world (I John 2:15-16). Our free salvation has cost us the pleasure of sin for a season (Heb. 11:25). There are indeed things that must be given up in order to have the salvation that is freely given of God.

Jesus once taught a lesson on “counting the cost” (Luke 14:28-32). He used two examples, one of a man building a tower counting the cost before construction and the other of a king going to war, first considering if he is able to succeed. Notice the verse that preceded these illustrations and the one following. Jesus said, “And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple…So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple” (Luke 14:27, 33). Jesus also said, “Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household” (Matt. 10:34-36). It would seem that the price we have to pay could even include division within our own family. There are other cost that may have to be borne, such as persecution and ridicule (II Tim. 3:12). Obviously, though salvation is free, there is a great cost involved, both on the part of the giver of salvation, but also on he who would be recipient of the gift.

Friends, it is a fact that salvation is free, but it is also a fact that salvation is not cheap! The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit have all paid the price from the heavenly standpoint. Yet, it is up to each individual to determine if he or she is willing to pay their part of the price

2 Likes

Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by ProDiverse: 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2021
Salvation is a gift. Yes, it doesn't mean you can't lose it. If you are saved forever then there is no need to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.
Just go and sleep, act the way you want because your salvation is secured.
Bible says he that thinks that he is standing should take heed lest he falls.

1 Like

Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2021
ProDiverse:
Salvation is a gift. Yes, it doesn't mean you can't lose it. If you are saved forever then there is no need to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.
Just go and sleep, act the way you want because your salvation is secured.
Bible says he that thinks that he is standing should take heed lest he falls.

My friend you can never lose it
To work out your salvation is to submit to Jesus which you already did when you received him as your lord God and Savior

Go and read what Paul said about the born again who was sleeping with his mother in law

That his body should be destroyed so that his spirit who Is already saved will be saved on the day Jesus comes even after he dies

Read your Bible and stop using your sense to interpret God
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by ProDiverse: 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

My friend you can never lose it
To work out your salvation is to submit to Jesus which you already did when you received him as your lord God and Savior

Go and read what Paul said about the born again who was sleeping with his mother in law

That his body should be destroyed so that his spirit who Is already saved will be saved on the day Jesus comes even after he dies

Read your Bible and stop using your sense to interpret God

So you are saved then I can do as I like right since my salvation is sure and forever? Stop misleading and misinterpreting the word of God. I know you must be a Christ Embassy member

1 Like

Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Dtruthspeaker: 6:31pm On Oct 31, 2021
ProDiverse:

So you are saved then I can do as I like right since my salvation is sure and forever? Stop misleading and misinterpreting the word of God. I know you must be a Christ Embassy member

My brother, he will never hear you which is why as you can see, no one comments on his threads anymore, for surely, he is a False Prophet whom we were warned that will come.

So now, He proved the Truth of the Fulfillment of The Word of God with his arrival.

1 Like

Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
ProDiverse:

My friend you are not free to sin even though you are saved forever

The Scriptures already states that who so ever sin shall surely die.

The wages of sin is death

This is physical death which is the price for sin

But that does not mean that you are going to hell no that does not mean that you will be un saved
. Preach Bible stop preaching what your head says

If you continue to preach wrong things it won't change God words

Physical death is different from eternal death
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

My brother, he will never hear you which is why as you can see, no one comments on his threads anymore, for surely, he is a False Prophet whom we were warned that will come.

So now, He proved the Truth of the Fulfillment of The Word of God with his arrival.

You go about acting like Jesus police abusing every one and you think you are doing God work

Am so sorry for you you are lost you need to repent from your sin full ways and turn back to God

But you are free to continue acting like Jesus police and you will see the end of what the result will be

If you don't know the cost of sin or abusing people you will soon find out
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by ProDiverse: 6:53pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

My friend you are not free to sin even though you are saved forever

The Scriptures already states that who so ever sin shall surely die.

The wages of sin is death

This is physical death which is the price for sin

But that does not mean that you are going to hell no that does not mean that you will be un saved
. Preach Bible stop preaching what your head says

If you continue to preach wrong things it won't change God words

Physical death is different from eternal death

Wow.. This is the first time someone is actually preaching this. So when the Bible said the the soul that sinneth shall die what does it mean?
And what about those who blasphem against the Holy Spirit. Those who fall away from the way, what happens to their salvation?is it still waiting for them?
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by ProDiverse: 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

You go about acting like Jesus police abusing every one and you think you are doing God work

Am so sorry for you you are lost you need to repent from your sin full ways and turn back to God

But you are free to continue acting like Jesus police and you will see the end of what the result will be

If you don't know the cost of sin or abusing people you will soon find out

Do you know the cost of preaching falsehood?
Paul talked about those who left the faith and who loved this present world. What happened to their salvation?

1 Like

Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Dtruthspeaker: 6:59pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

That is my Job, lest I be guilty Under Luke 11:52

And I argued against you until you could not rebut, but went in repeat mode, chanting your wishes as you but you did not listen.

There is nothing more I can do but to warn the uninformed about the fatal error you deliver to them.
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
ProDiverse:

Paul talked about those who left the faith and who loved this present world. What happened to their salvation?

ProDiverse:

Wow.. This is the first time someone is actually preaching this. So when the Bible said the the soul that sinneth shall die what does it mean?
And what about those who blasphem against the Holy Spirit. Those who fall away from the way, what happens to their salvation?is it still waiting for them?

https://www.nairaland.com/6785206/god-forgives-sins-ever-throughout

I explained it here
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

That is my Job, lest I be guilty Under Luke 11:52

And I argued against you until you could not rebut, but went in repeat mode, chanting your wishes as you but you did not listen.

There is nothing more I can do but to warn the uninformed about the fatal error you deliver to them.

You don't obey God laws

As long as you pervert God commandment on respect of people then you are in danger of hell I pity you

Jesus don't need you as his police because you are breaking another of his commands by doing that

But just like Jesus arrested Saul that what you will get if you don't repent

Am a child of God and I know what God says

You meet me and ran away when I explained it to you you claim I did not rebut you when you are the one who ran away even your friends agree to what I said
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2021
ProDiverse:

ProDiverse:

So when the Bible said the the soul that sinneth shall die what does it mean?

When you are saved or you are not saved this scripture is only talking about physical death

I will explain more soon

I hope you know there are two types of death in the Bible
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Dtruthspeaker: 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

You don't obey God laws

As long as you pervert God commandment on respect of people then you are in danger of hell I pity you.

As The Law says "You have the power to say anything you want but EVERY WILLFUL AND IDLE WORD SHALL WE GIVE ACCOUNT OF ON THE LORD'S DAY!
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
ProDiverse:

ProDiverse:

And what about those who blasphem against the Holy Spirit.

A child of God can not blasphem

Because you can't fight what is living inside you

I will explain more soon
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2021
ProDiverse:

ProDiverse:

Those who fall away from the way, what happens to their salvation?is it still waiting for them?

Those who fall away are those Jesus talked about who receives the gospel with joy but they are at the point of been saved but are not saved they are the ones devil snatched the message from their heart the ones Jesus talked about
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

As The Law says "You have the power to say anything you want but EVERY WILLFUL AND IDLE WORD SHALL WE GIVE ACCOUNT OF ON THE LORD'S DAY!

Beautiful this is exactly what you should tell yourself when you abuse people up and down

I told you repent or wait for the wrath of God

Jesus never commanded us to abuse people for God or fight people for God

We are not Muslims we are not terrorists like you

We are loved by God that why we love others

Repent before it too late
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
ProDiverse:

Demas had at one time been one of Paul’s “fellow workers” in the gospel ministry along with Mark, Luke, and others (Philemon 1:24). During Paul’s first imprisonment in Rome, Demas was also in Rome (Colossians 4:14).

There is also biblical evidence that Demas was with Paul during Paul’s second imprisonment in Rome, at least for a while. Then something happened. Demas forsook Paul, abandoned the ministry, and left town. Paul wrote about the sad situation: “Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica” (2 Timothy 4:10).

The Greek verb used in the original implies that Demas had not merely left Paul but had left him “in the lurch”; that is, Demas had abandoned Paul in a time of need. The apostle was in prison, facing a death sentence, and that’s when Demas chose to set sail. Undoubtedly, Paul was deeply let down by Demas. It’s never easy to see a friend and associate in whom you’ve placed your trust forsake you in the midst of hardship.

The separation caused by Demas’ desertion of Paul was not merely spatial but spiritual. Demas left Rome because he fell in love with the world. In other words, Demas chose the corrupt value system of the unsaved world over what heaven values. As the NLT translates it, Demas “loves the things of this life” (2 Timothy 4:10). We don’t know the details of Demas’ situation, but it is evident that Demas decided that what Satan has to offer in this life is better than what God has to offer in the next.

Much can be said in support of the view that Demas, in love with the present world, was never a born-again believer in Jesus Christ. Paul makes a sharp contrast in 2 Timothy 4:8 and 10. In verse 8, Paul speaks of those who love the Lord: “There is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award . . . to all who have loved his appearing” (ESV). Demas, in contrast to those who love Jesus’ return, loved the present world (verse 10). First John 2:15 is clear about the spiritual state of those who love the world: “Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.” Nowhere in the Bible do we read of the restoration of Demas.

The tragedy of Demas is still being lived out today by those who choose the temporary benefits of this world over the eternal riches of heaven. Today there are still those who seem to receive the Word but then “the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful” (Matthew 13:22). Past service is no guarantee of future faithfulness; we must depend on the Lord, our Strength (Psalm 28:8.. We must be born again (John 3:3); otherwise, we have no foundation of faith. “They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us” (1 John 2:19; cf. Matthew 7:22–23).

Those who walk away were never saved

Going to church or becoming a pastor does not mean that you are saved
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
ProDiverse:

https://www.nairaland.com/6785206/god-forgives-sins-ever-throughout

This is more expanded post
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by ProDiverse: 7:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Demas had at one time been one of Paul’s “fellow workers” in the gospel ministry along with Mark, Luke, and others (Philemon 1:24). During Paul’s first imprisonment in Rome, Demas was also in Rome (Colossians 4:14).

There is also biblical evidence that Demas was with Paul during Paul’s second imprisonment in Rome, at least for a while. Then something happened. Demas forsook Paul, abandoned the ministry, and left town. Paul wrote about the sad situation: “Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica” (2 Timothy 4:10).

The Greek verb used in the original implies that Demas had not merely left Paul but had left him “in the lurch”; that is, Demas had abandoned Paul in a time of need. The apostle was in prison, facing a death sentence, and that’s when Demas chose to set sail. Undoubtedly, Paul was deeply let down by Demas. It’s never easy to see a friend and associate in whom you’ve placed your trust forsake you in the midst of hardship.

The separation caused by Demas’ desertion of Paul was not merely spatial but spiritual. Demas left Rome because he fell in love with the world. In other words, Demas chose the corrupt value system of the unsaved world over what heaven values. As the NLT translates it, Demas “loves the things of this life” (2 Timothy 4:10). We don’t know the details of Demas’ situation, but it is evident that Demas decided that what Satan has to offer in this life is better than what God has to offer in the next.

Much can be said in support of the view that Demas, in love with the present world, was never a born-again believer in Jesus Christ. Paul makes a sharp contrast in 2 Timothy 4:8 and 10. In verse 8, Paul speaks of those who love the Lord: “There is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award . . . to all who have loved his appearing” (ESV). Demas, in contrast to those who love Jesus’ return, loved the present world (verse 10). First John 2:15 is clear about the spiritual state of those who love the world: “Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.” Nowhere in the Bible do we read of the restoration of Demas.

The tragedy of Demas is still being lived out today by those who choose the temporary benefits of this world over the eternal riches of heaven. Today there are still those who seem to receive the Word but then “the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful” (Matthew 13:22). Past service is no guarantee of future faithfulness; we must depend on the Lord, our Strength (Psalm 28:8.. We must be born again (John 3:3); otherwise, we have no foundation of faith. “They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us” (1 John 2:19; cf. Matthew 7:22–23).

Those who walk away were never saved

Going to church or becoming a pastor does not mean that you are saved

Oga see its baby christians you can dribble with all these long talk. Simple. Demas was a Christian but he forsook the way and went back to the world. Saying he was never born again is a complete lie and a fabrication of your own. Paul had the Holy spirit so if he wasn't a real Christian, Paul would have been able to desern this through the Holy spirit
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:23pm On Oct 31, 2021
ProDiverse:

Oga see its baby christians you can dribble with all these long talk. Simple. Demas was a Christian but he forsook the way and went back to the world. Saying he was never born again is a complete lie and a fabrication of your own. Paul had the Holy spirit so if he wasn't a real Christian, Paul would have been able to desern this through the Holy spirit

I will explain this soon
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
ProDiverse:

Demas was not unsaved if he was saved

There is no mention that he was unsaved read it no one can lose there salvation

No need since you don't want to believe Bible

Bible said God forgive all your sins

All so there is no one that God will ever remember

Unless you don't believe God
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:05am On Nov 01, 2021
You can work your way into heaven
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:30am On Nov 02, 2021
God saves you... You don't save your self
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
I want to breakdown Ezekiel 18:24. This is a verse that few people have used to belittle God's ultimate power

, saying it proves that God does not forgive future sins and there is no forever saved principle even if when we place our faith in Christ,
that God only forgives past sins. They contended that this verse clearly shows how a believer in Christ could lose their salvation if they turn away from righteousness toward wickedness. Let’s look into it.

Here’s the verse in question.

“But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked [man] does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die.” (Ezekiel 18:24 NKJV)

The assertion is that this verse proves that if a saved believer in Christ turns to a lifestyle of sin and wickedness, acting no differently than the unsaved, then that person’s prior righteousness will not be remembered. He will die in his sins and suffer eternal punishment in hell. This then proves that when we place our faith in Christ, only the sins that we’ve committed up to that point are forgiven. Future sins could still send us to hell if we turn from following Christ and live a lifestyle of wickedness.

Well, this assertion is actually fairly easy to disprove.

First, Ezekiel 18:24 says absolutely nothing about eternal judgment. It is talking about physical death, that if those who were once righteous turn to wickedness, then they will not live out their full lives but will die before their time. There is no language whatsoever in this verse to indicate that such a person is being eternally judged. The verse just says they will die.

This becomes abundantly clear when we look at the Hebrew text. The Hebrew word for “die” in this verse is the word “muwth.” It means, “to die (as penalty), be put to death,” “to die prematurely (by neglect of wise moral conduct).” This verse is speaking about physical death, not about the eternal judgment of that person.

Second, if you think this verse also means that the person will be eternally condemned, then you have a problem, because you would have to apply that same standard to verse 21, which would contradict clear teaching on salvation. Verse 21 is very similar and says this:

“But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die.” (Ezekiel 18:21 NKJV)

So if you say that the righteous person who turned to wickedness was eternally judged and sent to hell, then you also have to say this wicked person who turned to righteousness will be eternally saved. But is that the case

Now
How is a person saved, by faith or by obeying the Law? We are saved by faith in Christ alone, not by obeying the Law or our own works of righteousness.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)

Yet Ezekiel 18:21 says all who obey the Law will live. If this verse is talking about eternal salvation, then it teaches that the way to be saved is to obey the law. That directly contradicts what Paul said to the Ephesians, what Jesus said in John 3, and a whole host of other verses about faith in Christ being the means of salvation.

Therefore, Ezekiel 18:21 cannot be referring to eternal salvation, just as verse 24 is not talking about eternal condemnation. The message of both verses in Ezekiel 18 is the same and it is the plain reading of the text:

If you want to live out your full life as a blessing from God and not be put to physical death early, then pursue righteousness and not wickedness.

So neither of these verses in Ezekiel 18 are talking about eternal judgment. They’re talking about physical death.

Does this then mean that a saved believer who turns to unrepentant wickedness will still be saved?

YES, 100%! But note knowing this principles won't lead the saved man to live in sin because Jesus actually has taken care of sin for sin shall not have dominion over you

Back to this principle
Does this then mean that a saved believer who turns to unrepentant wickedness will still be saved?

YES, 100%!

And we have proof of that in Scripture.
In 1 Corinthians 5, Paul speaks of a saved believer who was engaging in wickedness, having an ongoing sexual relationship with his mother-in-law, and was totally unrepentant. What was Paul’s response? He judged the person and decided:

“To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, THAT THE SPIRIT MAY BE SAVED in the day of the Lord Jesus.” (1 Corinthians 5:5 KJV)

This unrepentant believer would die early, before his time, just as Ezekiel 18 says will happen to those who turn to wickedness, but he would still be saved. How could that be when he was unrepentant? Because salvation is based on our faith in Christ alone and the moment we place our faith in Christ, all sins (past, present and future) are forgiven. We are eternally saved.

Our salvation is a free gift from God. It does not depend on our own works of repentance from sin. Repenting from sin could not save you to begin with and it cannot keep you saved. The only thing that saves is faith in Christ. That is why Christ is referred to as a stumbling block. People stumble over Him because they think that they have to do something to earn their salvation. “I promise, God, I will repent of all sins and never sin again.” Good luck with that. No!

Since Christ is the Perfect Sacrifice, when we place our faith in Him, ALL SINS (past, present and future) are immediately wiped from our record. I can’t say it enough: Salvation is not based on our behavior but on faith in Christ.

Salvation is not earned. It is a free gift. Therefore, even the most unrighteous, unrepentant person, the thief on the cross for example, will still be saved solely because he has faith in Christ. That is why the message of the cross is called, “The Gospel.” The word “gospel” means “good news.” The good news is that no matter what you’ve done or how badly you’ve messed up your life, God is willing to forgive you and grant you eternal life. All you have to do is believe that God sent His Son, Jesus, to die in your place, to pay your debt of sin for you.

In Colossians 2, Paul said that when we place our faith in Christ, all sins are forgiven, not just the past sins up to that point. Our record before God is wiped clean.

“And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This He set aside, nailing it to the cross.” (Colossians 2:13-14 ESV)

The moment you place your faith in Christ, believing that His death on the cross was for you, that He took the punishment you deserve because of your debt of sin to God and that His blood paid for your sins, that very moment, all sins are forgiven, forever. That is why the writer of Hebrews says that Christ sat down at the right hand of the Father, because He offered the perfect sacrifice and no more sacrifice was needed.

To further prove that all sins are forgiven when we place our faith in Christ (past, present and future sins), Paul goes on to say that when we believe in Jesus, we are sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption, GUARANTEEING our salvation. Paul says it three times:

“In Him (Jesus) you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in Him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, Who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of His glory.” (Ephesians 1:13-14 ESV)

“And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” (Ephesians 4:30 KJV)

How can we grieve the Holy Spirit? By sinning. But notice here that even when we sin, we remain sealed with the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption.

“Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, GUARANTEEING what is to come.” (2 Corinthians 1:21-22 NIV)

Notice here that it is God Who keeps us in this faith and secures us, not our own repentance or obedience. This same thought is echoed in the book of Jude.

“Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” (Jude 1:24-25 KJV)

If it is God Who makes us stand firm in Christ and it is God Who keeps us from falling, then you cannot lose your salvation. It’s not up to you to repent of sins day after day to keep yourself saved. All your sins were nailed to the cross. After we’re saved, repenting of sins daily is definitely something we should do, but that has nothing to do with salvation, only maintaining our fellowship with God.

For all those who think that you still need to repent of sins daily to keep your salvation, let me ask you: Have you repented of ALL sins? No, you haven’t. None of us have. There are sins we are not even aware of or have forgotten about, that only a Perfect God can see. But thanks be to God, because Christ offered the Perfect Sacrifice, sealed us with His Perfect Holy Spirit, and keeps us secure by His power until the day of salvation.

So, bottom line, Ezekiel 18 has nothing to do with someone losing salvation. As believers, we still face the consequence of sin in this life, including possibly losing our lives early due to sin. But for those who trust in Christ, eternal judgment of sin was dealt with completely at the cross. Jesus put it this way:

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.” (John 5:24 KJV)

God is not waiting until the end of our lives to determine if we’re saved. Eternal salvation, everlasting life, starts the moment you believe in Jesus.

If you are still unsure of this, I’ve done two other videos that might help: One on the sureness of our salvation

God would welcome you into heaven, I urge you to make your commitment to Jesus secure right now. This world is crumbling apart, which is a sign that Jesus is coming very, very soon. Don’t put this off any longer.

Here’s a prayer for salvation that you can pray. But keep in mind that a prayer does not save you. You are saved only when you place your trust in Jesus alone, believing in your heart that He died to pay your debt of sin to God and that He rose from the dead to show you the eternal life that He offers. This prayer, then, is just a way of formalizing that decision, putting a stake in the ground, saying that you are trusting in Him and never going back. If that’s what you would like to do, please pray with me:

“Lord, I have sinned and I need you to save me. I believe that Your Son Jesus died on the cross to pay for my sins and that He rose from the dead to show us the new eternal life You have for us. I believe solely in Jesus to save me, that He paid my debt of sin 100%. Please forgive my sins and save me now, Lord, according to your promises. In Jesus Name.”

After this it now up to God to decide to save you because it not of works least any man should boast

God decides according to his own purpose and plans

You can not be saved unless God Himself draws you towards himself

Glory amen
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
Grace is not a certificate to live a sinful life
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:27am On Nov 09, 2021
Read the book of Ephesians, and everywhere it says “you” or “us” just substitute your name. Put your name in the blanks below:

Even before he made the world, God loved _______ and chose _______ in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt _______ into his own family by bringing ________ to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2021
COLOSSIANS 2:13
KJ21
And you, being dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
ASV
And you, being dead through your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, you, I say, did he make alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses;
AMP
When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh (worldliness, manner of life), God made you alive together with Christ, having [freely] forgiven us all our sins,
AMPC
And you who were dead in trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your flesh (your sensuality, your sinful carnal nature), [God] brought to life together with [Christ], having [freely] forgiven us all our transgressions,
BRG
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
CSB
And when you were dead in trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, he made you alive with him and forgave us all our trespasses.
CEB
When you were dead because of the things you had done wrong and because your body wasn’t circumcised, God made you alive with Christ and forgave all the things you had done wrong.
CJB
You were dead because of your sins, that is, because of your “foreskin,” your old nature. But God made you alive along with the Messiah by forgiving you all your sins.
CEV
You were dead, because you were sinful and were not God’s people. But God let Christ make you alive, when he forgave all our sins.
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
The free gift of God is eternal life
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:00am On Nov 13, 2021
There is no price greater than the blood of the holy one of God
Re: ❤️salvation Is A Free Gift From God, That Why You Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:08am On Nov 15, 2021
Doing good won't save you

Until you actually believe in Jesus as the scripture has said concerning him

Before you can be saved

(1) (Reply)

Church Members, Adamant As Their Pastor Begged Them To Bring Money To The Altar / Muslims, Allah Said That The Quran Was Recorded˺ In A Preserved Tablet In 85:22 / Light Of The World: Lightning Strikes Brazil's Christ The Redeemer Statue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.