Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? (574 Views)

I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? / Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? / Why Do You Go To Church Every Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by Usman16(m): 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
Am curious, you go to church every sunday just to be fed the same thing you heard last sunday - give your life to christ.

Abeg someone should enlighten or preach to me what I dont get about it.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by advanceDNA: 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
Usman16:
Am curious, you go to church every sunday just to be fed the same thing you heard last sunday - give your life to christ.

Usman...
Ur religion of peace no dey enough for you?? Why you dey take paracetamol for another man headache....??

u no dey say the same prayer everyday u bow ur head??

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by kentblues(m): 9:31pm On Oct 31, 2021
To receive blessings an keep the hope of going to heaven alive
Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Oct 31, 2021
kentblues:
To receive blessings an keep the hope of going to heaven alive
No one who attends your churches will enter into Heaven because Jesus Christ warned us all that we cannot serve two masters - the doctrines and traditions of your churches by which you claim to be blessed and given hope being one of those masters.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 31, 2021
advanceDNA:

Usman...
Ur religion of peace no dey enough for you?? Why you dey take paracetamol for another man headache....??

how u automatically know he is Muslim and is that the question he asked?
Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by advanceDNA: 4:30am On Nov 01, 2021
abdelrahman:
how u automatically know he is Muslim and is that the question he asked?

Okay...so you don't pray the same five prayers everyday??
Rahman ...instead of correcting your Islamic brother...u want to join him...

Well...the same way I know he's a Muslim is the same way I know you are a Muslim...

Someone that has been to church before knows they don't preach the same thing every Sunday....and someone that respect another person's faith won't ask what are they going to there??
Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by advanceDNA: 4:33am On Nov 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No one who attends your churches will enter into Heaven because Jesus Christ warned us all that we cannot serve two masters - the doctrines and traditions of your churches by which you claim to be blessed and given hope being one of those masters.. undecided

U can accuse people of picking things out of context on this forum...but here you are doing the same thing.....your point of view is always at the far left
Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 4:44am On Nov 01, 2021
advanceDNA:
U can accuse people of picking things out of context on this forum...but here you are doing the same thing.....your point of view is always at the far left
And pray tell, what exactly did I pick out-of-context? undecided

Is it the part where i state that no one who worships/serves 2 masters, that which is sin against God, will enter into God's Heaven - Matthew 6 vs 24 ?, undecided

Or the part where I make it known that those who submit to the doctrines and traditions of men, lies as Jesus Christ called them, serve another master - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 ? undecided

My point of view is always far left because i obviously align with the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ in all things, not the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) which Jesus Christ assured us where nothing but lies meant to deceive people far away from the Truth of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 01, 2021
advanceDNA:

Okay...so you don't pray the same five prayers everyday??
Rahman ...instead of correcting your Islamic brother...u want to join him...

Well...the same way I know he's a Muslim is the same way I know you are a Muslim...

Someone that has been to church before knows they don't preach the same thing every Sunday....and someone that respect another person's faith won't ask what are they going to there??

u still don't answer how u know he is Muslim
Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by advanceDNA: 7:30am On Nov 01, 2021
abdelrahman:
u still don't answer how u know he is Muslim

I didn't answer you??
Guy...u didn't ask how I know you are Muslim ..u are asking for another person..if u can't figure out that from my post....then I can't help you here
Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by advanceDNA: 8:02am On Nov 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
And pray tell, what exactly did I pick out-of-context? undecided

Is it the part where i state that no one who worships/serves 2 masters, that which is sin against God, will enter into God's Heaven - Matthew 6 vs 24 ?, undecided

Or the part where I make it known that those who submit to the doctrines and traditions of men, lies as Jesus Christ called them, serve another master - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 ? undecided

My point of view is always far left because i obviously align with the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ in all things, not the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) which Jesus Christ assured us where nothing but lies meant to deceive people far away from the Truth of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided

The context Jesus used serving two masters is to address those with love for mammon than the heavenly father ...

but here you are using the verse to invalidate Kentblues that said he goes to church to be blessed and keep the hope of going to heaven aalive

Don't we go to church to be blessed of the word?? Is the word of God not blessings to Us??...when you are corrcted, admonished, edified, guided, by the word, are u not blessed.....but to you going to church means serving two masters ..

Ur problem is that you think you are the only one serving God....oga...no be only you dey go heaven....last last...you are not even perfect ..

U use all scriptures to say everyone is doing wrong...and u are the only one doing right....
Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 8:10am On Nov 01, 2021
advanceDNA:

1. The context Jesus used serving two masters is to address those with love for mammon than the heavenly father ...
1. I suggest you go back to both Matthew 6 vs 24 and Luke 16 vs 13 read them again, this time carefully and hopefully you will see how the statement about serving God and mammon are stated separate from the initial statement that you cannot serve two masters - they are presented as separate sentences even undecided

So in essence, Jesus Christ there gives us two separate but related commandments

■ You cannot serve two masters .... , and
■ You cannot serve God and mammon lipsrsealed

Another way to look at this is the first says you cannot serve two masters. Well, God is not a master, but Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law is. undecided
In the second command, you are then explicitly told you cannot serve God and mammon... a direct reference to the Almighty Himself undecided
Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by advanceDNA: 8:37am On Nov 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. I suggest you go back to both Matthew 6 vs 24 and Luke 16 vs 13 read them again, this time carefully and hopefully you will see how the statement about serving God and mammon are stated separate from the initial statement that you cannot serve two masters - they are presented as separate sentences even undecided

So in essence, Jesus Christ there gives us two separate but related commandments

Another way to look at this is the first says you cannot serve two masters. Well, God is not a master, but Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law is. undecided
In the second command, you are then explicitly told you cannot serve God and mammon... a direct reference to the Almighty Himself undecided

You are just playing around with words.
All the Kentblues said was that he goes to church to be blessed and hope for the coming of Gods kingdom....and you automatically condemned him to and all attending churches to hell caliming going to church is serving two Masters.......
Is that not far left??
Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by Ayo081(m): 8:43am On Nov 01, 2021
advanceDNA:

Usman...

Is this what Christ would have said to him? undecided
Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 8:47am On Nov 01, 2021
advanceDNA:
You are just playing around with words.
All the Kentblues said was that he goes to church to be blessed and hope for the coming of Gods kingdom....and you automatically condemned him to and all attending churches to hell caliming going to church is serving two Masters.......
Is that not far left??
Again, go back to your Bible to learn what Jesus Christ taught you over 2000 years ago . undecided

*** Paul even gave you a clue when in part of his many letters he pointed out that the law was a master.... lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by advanceDNA: 8:52am On Nov 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, go back to your Bible to learn what Jesus Christ taught you over 2000 years ago . undecided

Paul even gave you a clue when in part of his many letters he pointed out that the law was a master.... lipsrsealed

You are too proud to admit your flaw..
Did u follow him to his church to automatically know they serve two masterss there.....

The problem is u assume u are only one that is holy and serving God...everyone else is going to hell...that's why you could tell someone that u don't even know him or his church that he and all attending church wont enter heaven
Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 8:59am On Nov 01, 2021
advanceDNA:

You are too proud to admit your flaw..
Did u follow him to his church to automatically know they serve two masterss there.....

The problem is u assume u are only one that is holy and serving God...everyone else is going to hell...that's why you could tell someone that u don't even know him or his church that he and all attending church wont enter heaven
It seems you struggle a great deal with English language comprehension.

1. I made it clear what the other master is in my comment to the kentblues but I see that went over your head. undecided

2. Then I clearly explained how Jesus Christ in fact gave us two commandments in the Matthew 6 vs 24 - the same can be confirmed in Luke 16 vs 13 - which anyone not struggling with language comprehension problem would have spotted by now, but again that went over your head. undecided

3. And this isn't the first time I have pointed out this very issue to you - language comprehension jssues. So? undecided
Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by advanceDNA: 9:16am On Nov 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It seems you struggle a great deal with English language comprehension.

1. I made it clear what the other master is in my comment to the Op but I see that went over your head. undecided

2. Then I clearly explained how Jesus Christ in fact gave us two commandments in the Matthew 6 vs 24 - the same can be confirmed in Luke 16 vs 13 - which anyone not struggling with language comprehension problem would have spotted by now, but again that went over your head. undecided

3. And this isn't the first time I have pointed this very issue you have with language comprehension out to you. So? undecided

U still dodging...
How does Kentblues going to church to blessed of the word of God and hope for the coming of his kingdom automatically translate to him going not going to heaven..

Wait let me ask you ..do u just feel your are the only one serving God??

It's only in your church they preach the right thing ..

Do you even fellowship with any body of Christ or u are just an island, doing one man army

Is it that you feel every church except you preaches tradition of men..

It's fallacy to automatically calim that someone and everyone in his church are not going to enter heaven because they are going to a church...who are you?? The judge ??
Re: Why Do People Go To Church Every Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 9:19am On Nov 01, 2021
Usman16:

What exactly do you not get about the habits of people? undecided

(1) (Reply)

. / Why I Dedicated White Garment Church –adeboye / Can You Explain This Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.