Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,483 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1053191 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:19pm On May 27, 2022
Winkky:
Thank you all for your contributions and at this point, based on the strength I have been able to gather here, I am convinced there is light at the end of this very dark tunnel for me.
At what point do I need to add the unaccompanying child to my application? Do I need to amend the family info on my EE profile before ITA or after?

Thank you all again

Ideally, our profiles should always be accurate in every respect at every point in time. However, as the number of dependents has no bearing on your CRS, I believe you still have the leeway to edit this information after ITA. So you still have two months to figure it all out.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:27pm On May 27, 2022
cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 5:37pm On May 27, 2022
GraciousWords:

Ah! Ednut...did someone hack your account?!

lol, shebi he is not sure its his child na. Imagine going to ask for the child for passport and medicals for pikin you no take care of. The mother might not even agree. They can still mention the child sha and be ready for review required / procedural letter. Sometimes life is not that straight forward o. I have friend who wanted to divorce her husband due to constant beatings ( enter coma levels once). But she was in the pool as PA. Divorce process wahala plus consent to take child was not going be possible. As he would not have signed it. Last last the family is in Canada now. Just praying he doesn’t go to back to his old beating ways o.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 6:20pm On May 27, 2022
Lotusgoddess:

God has done it fam!!!

Alberta Noi: 30th September, 2021
Alberta Nomination: 29th October, 2021
ITA: 10th November, 2021
AOR: 5th January, 2022
MEP/BIL: 16th February, 2022
BIL updated: 17th February 2022
RFV: 27th April, 2022

A very long landing gist

This God is too faithful to fail!
We booked our flight for 23rd May with Lufthansa Airline. Filled Arrivecan the previous day and checked in same day. I had issues with uploading our proof of vacc on their website (was actually doing it wrong,lol) my husband decided to leave early for the airport so that they could sort that out. Unfortunately for us, their boothe wasn't open until 3pm. I took my laptop, asked questions in the group and realised we were meant to upload the a screenshot of the vacc certificate on the website ( olodo like me), so I did that sharp sharp and even did oversabi and uploaded all other digital documents they needed.

6pm, we went to the airport. None of our bags were searched, thanks to our DSS friend, weighed our bags, some where overweight while some where underweight so the good lady weighing it just summed everything up for us. There was no need repacking or paying for extra weight.

Did the final check-in, the guy said I made his job easier by uploading everything online, he gave us a yellow slip where would input our destination address, phone number and amount we're traveling with amongst other details.

We headed over to immigrations, still quite fast and stress-free, then NDLEA, no issues, Customs, no issues then we just went to our boarding gate and waited for our 11pm flight. They searched again and offered to check-in our hand luggage free of charge. So we were only left with a backpack and a small bag that had our essentials.

We boarded our flight and off to Frankfurt. It was a 6 hrs flight, we were very exhausted and slept all through. Hubby started feeling sick at some point cos of stress but the flight attendant was helpful. Food wasn't great unless that's just my taste buds cos hubby finished his I was wondering, no be the same food I dey chop like this. grin

We arrived Frankfurt by 7am and that was the longest wait ever 6hrs!! We used that time to freshen up, bought some stuff to eat and waited for our next flight to Vancouver (yes oo, no be small travel) most of the faces this time were Asians and whites, I no see up to 5 African people we boarded around 1:30pm, (flight was delayed) and embarked on our 9hrs flight. This one wasn't bad, I saw like 4-5 movies and slept and ate (I was like God when will we finally arrive) grin

We arrived at Vancouver, guys, the view was astonishing, Vancouver is beautiful. We headed straight to the self check-in boothe and inputted our details, did our biometrics and declared our goods, I selected no for everything biko cos my luggage was already heading to Calgary, I no get that time. Printed our slip and met a newbie office who confirmed our documents, asked if we had covid symptoms, we said no. He then directed us to immigration.

Got to immigration and they were super nice and friendly. Everything was done in less than 30mins cos there were people before us bit not much. The officer checked our documents, asked those criminal records questions and that was it, congratulations you're now a permanent resident of Canada. No POF questions, no how much are you carrying with you. God was indeed behind us and before us.

We went ahead to aircanada but we already missed our flight. They gave us the next available flight which was in less than 45 mins. I forgot to mention the weather in Vancouver was perfect. We got some CAD from the ATM using my dom card, then went ahead to where we would board our flight to Calgary.

We boarded at around 5:25pm, this flight was beautiful. Arrived my beautiful, breathtaking Calgary in less than 2 hours on the 24th. Our luggage was already waiting for us outside the baggage claim as e done arrive before us with the previous flight we missed. No test, no search, nothing. Got a sim, used an airport taxi to our Airbnb.

Our Airbnb host are two Indian siblings, nice people and the place is neat. When we arrived everywhere was still very bright like it was 3/4pm in the afternoon (first culture shock) and cold ewooo!! Hubby made a big mistake and showered he was literally shivering and ran out into the duvet and that was it, I no baff, I just enter sleep.

We got our SIN the next day and opened and opened a bank account. We've not been able to get our health card cos we need a proof of a permanent address. Hopefully we'll do that next week. God has been on our side and I thank Him for it.

For those waiting, don't worry, yours is on the way, just relax, we'll all enjoy the good of this land. It's indeed a beautiful country and way different from the trenches. Everyone here is super nice and polite

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 6:48pm On May 27, 2022
Lotusgoddess:

A very long landing gist

This God is too faithful to fail!

Wow. Good to know everything worked out so smoothly. Congratulations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 7:18pm On May 27, 2022
Allegory:

Wow. Good to know everything worked out so smoothly. Congratulations

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by theumezude: 9:18pm On May 27, 2022
Hello. I am moving to Vancouver this June and am looking for one or two potential roommates for either a 2-bedroom or 3-bedroom apartment. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or if anyone can connect me with someone that might be interested. My budget is $1,500 per month. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Betterlife2018: 3:44am On May 28, 2022
Allegory:

I have been trying to send you mail, but the message remained on queue since. Please I need help on OINP application for a family friend. He is a french speaker category but he is confused as his application has not gotten any update since march he submitted. The main challenge is that on his dashboard, there is no icon beside his file number. We are worried if we miss anything out.

I sent you mail with the dashboard screenshot. Kindly help check
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 4:36am On May 28, 2022
Betterlife2018:

I have been trying to send you mail, but the message remained on queue since. Please I need help on OINP application for a family friend. He is a french speaker category but he is confused as his application has not gotten any update since march he submitted. The main challenge is that on his dashboard, there is no icon beside his file number. We are worried if we miss anything out.

If you click on the file number, does it take you back to your application? If yes, then I don’t think you missed anything. Maybe they’re just having long processing times. It’s been almost a year I filled my application so I don’t remember exactly how everything works but I vaguely remember that you can’t submit until you’ve filled everything out, so I doubt you guys forgot something.

Does he belong to any oinp groups? Find other people from the same draw that submitted at the same time with him and know what stage they’re in. You can look for them on canadavisa.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TWoods(m): 4:49am On May 28, 2022
Winkky:
Thank you all for your contributions and at this point, based on the strength I have been able to gather here, I am convinced there is light at the end of this very dark tunnel for me.
At what point do I need to add the unaccompanying child to my application? Do I need to amend the family info on my EE profile before ITA or after?

Thank you all again

I read this thread out of sheer interest and your story is fascinating, in terms of your husband’s apparent lack of concern for your feelings.

As a pair of cold eyes, you are fretting over something you shouldn’t. At this point, there is zero evidence that the child is your husband’s. He does not see him, does not financially support him, his name is not on the BC, there is no DNA to link him to the child, no legal action from the mother to compel him to determine paternity. In fact all you have to go on is family rumor.

My humble suggestion - go ahead and exclude the child. If you add the child now, you’re simply setting yourself up for more trouble. Your children should not be held hostage by a child who may not be their sibling…

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 9:06am On May 28, 2022
How many days to July again...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 10:14am On May 28, 2022
33 Days till July!

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 10:57am On May 28, 2022
Votan:
Good day house, I got ADR for proof of relationship, I used my aunt in my application. She doesn’t/can’t find her birth certificate. Please what can I do?

May I ask what document did you put initially to show relationship?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 11:06am On May 28, 2022
Awesome testimony! What was the former officer erroneously claiming you did not have or include in your POF? Chai, one is just at the mercy of these officers' decisions.

Betterlife2018:

Hmm. it is well, May God favour her.

I am a living testimony of rejection in Aug 2019 and PPR Oct 2019. Mine reason was for POF though.
As Graciouswords as suggested and others as well, please do.

I was sending webform everyday with much apology , begging and I attached supporting document to correct the said error,
I was also sending mails daily to available email address that I know are in charge of PR application
I also called IRCC to challenge them that I was not given opportunity to defend my self as written in their law that procedural fairness should be allowed when an officer is in doubt and the applicant should be given chance to explain any area in which the officer needs more clarity

I did this continuously daily for almost two weeks and backed it up with prayer and fasting.

Application was reconsidered and they officially requested new documentation and gave us 7 days to respond. We did and PPR came.

After my approval , I ordered my notes and saw that the VO was changed for the reconsideration and it was stated in the GCMS notes that my rejection was due to officer error.

Never lose hope: make sure you do it right now, address the error, prepare new letters and start sending both webform and email daily. back it up with prayer and they would respond. God's favour all the way

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by greenverte(f): 11:30am On May 28, 2022
Betterlife2018:

Please message @Mzexplore on telegram to add the applicant to the oinp group.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Anavamii: 2:12pm On May 28, 2022
Hello
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PRFirstlady: 4:22pm On May 28, 2022
Please how can one join any WhatsApp or telegram express entry group

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ehiremen2002: 8:54pm On May 28, 2022
Hello house, quick question. If one have multiple role over the year in one company. Should the person create multiple introduction letter/reference letter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 9:18pm On May 28, 2022
ehiremen2002:
Hello house, quick question. If one have multiple role over the year in one company. Should the person create multiple introduction letter/reference letter
one letter with the multiple JD
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by musspuss: 12:43am On May 29, 2022
This isn't as big of an issue as it seems.
Someone close had similar experience: A "possible half sibling" whose paternity was in question because their father denies the child, whereas every other family member believes the child is his'. What she did was mention this "could be half sibling" exactly as it is, she didn't even have any information about them save for a first name, every other information about the could be sibling was stated as "UNKOWN" i.e Full names, surnames, address, DOB etc; the full explanation about that was captured in an LOE and she is in Canada today. I think you can mention the child this way too as a possible step child whose paternity is in contention and you'll rest easy knowing there are no misrepresentations coming back to bite you in the butt. Wish you good luck in whatever you decide.

Winkky:

Thank you all again

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ehiremen2002: 1:03am On May 29, 2022
ednut1:
one letter with the multiple JD

Thanks, it means we will upload same letter to list of job on the PR page
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by LadyBee100: 8:21am On May 29, 2022
Hello everyone, please I want to ask if anyone knows if it’s possible to still get transcript from Nnamdi Azikiwe University even with the on going strike. If yes please I need the contact

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 9:38am On May 29, 2022
32 Days till July!

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Anavamii: 1:05pm On May 29, 2022
Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DorianCode: 4:37pm On May 29, 2022
Please what's the NOC and JD for a bank operations manager?

https://www.udemy.com/share/104UoU3@h7XrhLJeweKgmJATz_7L6lczq3ZMuWL7xTW00lIx_XRkVikr53tYOvMj1spvk4fs/

https://www.udemy.com/share/104YeQ3@hW_6fcbTx0RWiZ9Mp70vT1Lqq4gG5AP5hIXCEQr83SDII8Xf10CjcWIwRCAh3Hx8/

http://www.scrum.org
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 4:55pm On May 29, 2022
Anavamii:

I know this seems like plenty problems though, please I’ll appreciate if people help me out, please any idea you have on any of the issues here, please help me. Thank you so much.
don’t lie in your application process. I wonder why your husband lied for his VISA Application. It will have to be stated in your EE profile I guess.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 4:57pm On May 29, 2022
Anavamii:
Hello house,
It is good to be here. I have learnt a great deal from the thread especially the first page. I am about to start my application process and I need help with some questions I have or resources that can help me more.

I am a lawyer doing my masters in the US, I did a US Wes evaluation last year, do I need to do a new evaluation with a different body that evaluates law as a professional degree?

I left Nigeria in December last yr but before then I did my court wedding. However, my partner recently applied for US visa this year and he put single (though he was refused- a third time) will that affect our application because we intend to apply together with me as primary applicant? We are yet to do our church wedding, so we were thinking we could do that later this year and use the church certificate as proof of our marriage.

Also can I get my PCC from Nigeria when the time comes or would I need to get it from US?

Lastly, I had issues with my former work place and had to resign, I don’t think they’ll give me a reference letter, they are very evil people there, all I have is an acceptance of resignation. Although after that I have 5 months paid internship with a Nigerian oil company and I currently have a paid internship here in the US with a government agency.

I don’t know if I am overthinking things, please someone help me. You can email me too. Thank you! May all our applications end in praise.
you will get PCC from Nigeria and US. You could reevaluate if you have the money. Use IQAS. they will evaluate your LLB as a professional degree.

Don’t lie in your application. A marriage at the registry is a proper marriage. I wonder why he said he is single

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 5:42pm On May 29, 2022
DorianCode:
Please what's the NOC and JD for a bank operations manager?
Check 0122

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shezpwiti(f): 8:03pm On May 29, 2022
Please has anyone applied to iqas for evaluation this year?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Folayemi4444(f): 9:27pm On May 29, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Smithsonian12: 11:19pm On May 29, 2022
Charityjunkie:

If you transit through heathrow then no you do not need a transit visa but any transit outside heathrow (eg. gatwick) you need a transit visa.

Alrighty! Thank you for this

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (632) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: trigar12(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.