Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1063814 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bilingualism: 12:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
Good afternoon everyone.

Please I have a Pcc I did 3days to my departure from Nigeria to UK,

I will be in the Uk for 1year.

Can I use this police certificate for my EE application submission . Bearing in mind that I collected it 3 days before I left Nigeria.

Or I should just do another one atleast the new one will cover till the last day of my stay in Nigeria
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aniejasmine: 1:48pm On Oct 05, 2022
I’m a member on this telegram group, the discussion today made me so confused. Basically the info a group member shared today says that if you’re trying to claim sibling points for EE, it’s best to get out of the pool and get back in. Versus updating your profile when your sibling lands and this was the cause of the argument. I assumed the whole point of being able to update your profile is so you can quickly update any changes versus having to start all over from scratch to set up a profile.

I initially believed as long as you have every document required at the time of submission of application, does it matter if your sibling landed before you created your profile or after your profile was created ?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
Bilingualism:
Good afternoon everyone.

Please I have a Pcc I did 3days to my departure from Nigeria to UK,

I will be in the Uk for 1year.

Can I used this police certificate for my EE application submission . Bearing in mind that I collected it 3 days before I left Nigeria.

Or I should just do another one atleast the new one will cover till the last day of my stay in Nigeria

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued AFTER the last time the applicant lived in that country.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2022
Aniejasmine:
I’m a member on this telegram group, the discussion today made me so confused. Basically the info a group member shared today says that if you’re trying to claim sibling points for EE, it’s best to get out of the pool and get back in. Versus updating your profile when your sibling lands and this was the cause of the argument. I assumed the whole point of being able to update your profile is so you can quickly update any changes versus having to start all over from scratch to set up a profile.

I initially believed as long as you have every document required at the time of submission of application, does it matter if your sibling landed before you created your profile or after your profile was created ?

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1005&top=29

The circled section speaks to the fact that IRCC will check your CRS both at AOR and your CRS at ITA. According to IRCC, you can always update your profile. When you update your profile you submit/transmit it again so maybe that's why they phrased it that way.

However, if your sibling is preparing to land in December then you must wait till then to update your profile, you cannot update it now in advance. If you do and you get an ITA before December, it will likely lead to a rejection because your CRS at ITA was incorrect as your sibling had not landed yet.

Again, you can always update your profile!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2022
mummyDsquare:
Yes o. Welcome to Naija where almost all offices are claiming not to have booklets.
And the minister of interior is receiving awards and accolades here and there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2022
Danesk01:
Hello Guys,

Please I need to estimate my chances of getting ITA this year. My score right now is 481 but will reduce to 470 before Jan next year because of birthday. I am worried that this might be a close one. Is there any like possibility of clinching ITA lastest December with a CRS of 481?

Thanks for your response.
...Most likely your score will reduce to 470 if you're around 40 years.. Are you going as single or married? Because I think the two options has different scores. In addition,has your partner written and passed IELTS and evaluated results?

Draws should reduce to 481 before year end if there is no hiatus in November , Candidates drawn remains above 4k per draw ,and PNP nominations aren't much.

All these should help.

All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bilingualism: 3:09pm On Oct 05, 2022
GraciousWords:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued AFTER the last time the applicant lived in that country.

Thank you Graciouswords. Infact I don’t know if to say ma or sir as our names here sometimes differ from our presumed gender.

I appreciate. May God bless you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2022
didismyname:
Dear comrades,
Please am asking this on behalf of my buddy. He recently received ITA but yet to submit. He has good travel history with loads of stamps but 2 visa refusals. One US refusal in 2018 and a recent Schengen visa refusal. He reported thé US refusal but dosent want to report the Schengen visa since it was not stamped on his passport. Please what do u advice?
Keeping up with this attitude will most like earn your friend a 5 years ban. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2022
Aniejasmine:

I think I know the group you are talking about, I must have missed the part of the argument that has your statement in bold or you misunderstood the argument. However just like Gracious Words said, you can update your profile once your sibling lands and you don’t need to create a new profile.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Luckybelt: 4:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
if someone who is on 1 year program in caanda what to fill EE form, should he/she put the detail of the weekly (20hrs) work ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Saynoomore: 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
Please, in the section on the Additional Family Information Form, is it compulsory to state siblings, will not stating them now affect their chances of claiming a relationship in the future?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mcstan18(m): 6:30pm On Oct 05, 2022
Saynoomore:
Please, in the section on the Additional Family Information Form, is it compulsory to state siblings, will not stating them now affect their chances of claiming a relationship in the future?

It is expected of an applicant to disclose every information required of them. If you do not state a sibling in the required section, you will be unable to sponsor them to Canada at anytime in the future. I don't think you have anything to lose by declaring.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Saynoomore: 6:38pm On Oct 05, 2022
mcstan18:

It is expected of an applicant to disclose every information required of them. If you do not state a sibling in the required section, you will be unable to sponsor them to Canada at anytime in the future. I don't think you have anything to lose by declaring.

Thanks!

Only 3 rows were provided. Me I get them o! Na space be the thing o grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 6:42pm On Oct 05, 2022
Please who knows the cost of upgrading luggage to 32kg with Ethiopian air and possible cost of extra luggage.

Also can one charge laptop on the plane. I know there’s UsB ports just not sure about the laptop one. Trying to decide if it’s worth paying for inflight wifi.

Their office hasn’t been helpful with this information.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2022
Saynoomore:

Thanks!

Only 3 rows were provided. Me I get them o! Na space be the thing o grin

You go use extra sheet ni
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ciwi: 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hi Guys, in a situation where u have had your POF in an account for the required 6 months, and u submit your application, is it possible to transfer it to another bank where you are getting a high interest fixed deposit rate? Will it matter? @ednut1 @dimples @graciouswordd
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ciwi: 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hi Guys, in a situation where u have had your POF in an account for the required 6 months, and u submit your application, is it possible to transfer it to another bank where you are getting a high interest fixed deposit rate? Will it matter? @ednut1 @dimple10 @graciouswords @prettiepearlz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 8:12pm On Oct 05, 2022
ciwi:
Hi Guys, in a situation where u have had your POF in an account for the required 6 months, and u submit your application, is it possible to transfer it to another bank where you are getting a high interest fixed deposit rate? Will it matter? @ednut1 @dimples @graciouswordd

It’s possible. However if you are asked for PoF update, you’ll submit the new evidence plus letter of explanation detailing the above.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by saskatoonguy: 8:55pm On Oct 05, 2022
Good evening guys. Is there anyone with the processing time for those that received ITA since the start of the draw in July?. Is the file moving fast as promised by IRCC for the new application submitted after the restart of the draw?

We just need to know how well IRCC is keeping to their word. Thanks all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aniejasmine: 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

I think I know the group you are talking about, I must have missed the part of the argument that has your statement in bold or you misunderstood the argument. However just like Gracious Words said, you can update your profile once your sibling lands and you don’t need to create a new profile.

You missed it most likely because it quickly went from that to people arguing about when a landed person becomes a PR and all that jazz which was distracting and a lot. It became a side topic, courtesy this screenshot posted in the group. It bothered a friend who’s already received ITA cos she was considering declining it etc. hence my coming on here to ask.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2022
Aniejasmine:

You missed it most likely because it quickly went from that to people arguing about when a landed person becomes a PR and all that jazz which was distracting and a lot. It became a side topic, courtesy this screenshot posted in the group. It bothered a friend who’s already received ITA cos she was considering declining it etc. hence my coming on here to ask.
So long as the sibling has landed in Canada...before updating the profile before ITA comes, no worries. People should not be wasting ITAs. As for the fora discussing things they don't know .....continue.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ugmama(m): 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
Can ielts general be used for plab and express entry application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:01am On Oct 06, 2022
Aniejasmine:

Lol, you see that group, just filter what you read, some people confidently say things they know nothing about as if they were there when they were making the policies cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cooooooks(m): 5:21am On Oct 06, 2022
Which of the following jobs would be better for a work permit application:
- bank marketer for a major bank
- PA to a CEO of a security company
- HIV mobile tester for a HIV clinic
- English teacher.

Your thoughts are welcome.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 7:30am On Oct 06, 2022
cooooooks:
Which of the following jobs would be better for a work permit application:
- bank marketer for a major bank
- PA to a CEO of a security company
- HIV mobile tester for a HIV clinic
- English teacher.

Your thoughts are welcome.
what does this even mean Is work permit not for jobs you currently do and the one you get job offer for Or you are saying this person has 4 job offers from all these companies. Something fishy here And only IRCC can know the answer to this.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 8:55am On Oct 06, 2022
Ugmama:
Can ielts general be used for plab and express entry application?
IELTS general is what you need for EE application. Reach out for comprehensive study material
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mummyDsquare: 10:44am On Oct 06, 2022
The eagle has finally landed!!!! Its PPR baby!!!
NOC 2172
Province: Ontario
Nomination: 12 April, 2022
ITA: 13 April, 2022
Medicals 14 April, 2022
AOR: 22 April, 2022
MEP BIL: 18 July, 2022
Biometrics done: 19 July, 2022
2nd GU: 9th August 2022
3rd GU: 28th September 2022
PPR: 5th October 2022

I pray everyone on this journey gets to experience this. To everyone who take out time to answer questions here, God that sees all will definitely continue to bless and rewards you guys!

42 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by njambert: 11:42am On Oct 06, 2022
njambert:
Feeling distraught right now.My wife is our PA for Express Entry.Her IELTS score just came in Band 8 at L8.5 R8.5 W6.5 S7.5.Missed the golden score by a 0.5. I will create our profile today but what do you guys suggest?
To go in for a remark or register for a new test? The only available test dates in my area are Oct 4th and 18th CBT.Our score is at about 472 with this score.
She already took TEF and our ECAs completed.

Hi everyone.
Happy to inform you that by God's bountiful grace the EOR was successful.
Wife's Writing score changed from 6.5 to 7.This guarantees we will be selected in the next draw.
I want to ask though,will the TRF Number change as a new TRF will be issued? Because I will be using the current TRF Number for our EE profile

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by temmitats(f): 11:59am On Oct 06, 2022
I think I’ve seen about 3 PPRs from FSW applicants that got ITA in July and submitted in August. I think they’ve improved the processing times generally, most PNP cases from July are getting PPRs 90 days post AOR if you don’t have Visa refusals.
saskatoonguy:
Good evening guys. Is there anyone with the processing time for those that received ITA since the start of the draw in July?. Is the file moving fast as promised by IRCC for the new application submitted after the restart of the draw?

We just need to know how well IRCC is keeping to their word. Thanks all.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cooooooks(m): 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2022
The person in question has 4 options to choose from as work.

The aim is to build experience before moving with a. Work permit.
ednut1:
what does this even mean Is work permit not for jobs you currently do and the one you get job offer for Or you are saying this person has 4 job offers from all these companies. Something fishy here And only IRCC can know the answer to this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 2:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
cooooooks:
The person in question has 4 options to choose from as work.

The aim is to build experience before moving with a. Work permit.
none of these jobs will typical qualify for a work permit. Any tom dick and harry in Canada can do them. So they wont pass the LMIA hurdle. Tech skills, meat cutter, fabrication, forklift etc are the kind of skills that would get it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
mummyDsquare:
The eagle has finally landed!!!! Its PPR baby!!!
NOC 2172
Province: Ontario
Nomination: 12 April, 2022
ITA: 13 April, 2022
Medicals 14 April, 2022
AOR: 22 April, 2022
MEP BIL: 18 July, 2022
Biometrics done: 19 July, 2022
2nd GU: 9th August 2022
3rd GU: 28th September 2022
PPR: 5th October 2022

I pray everyone on this journey gets to experience this. To everyone who take out time to answer questions here, God that sees all will definitely continue to bless and rewards you guys!
Congratulations
One day I'll celebrate like like this too

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (635) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.