Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1048247 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ViviDum: 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2022
Congratulations!!!1

[quote author=onyeadurunujoel post=117323515]
Congratulations
One day I'll celebrate like like[quote author=onyeadurunujoel post=117323515]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cooooooks(m): 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2022
My understanding is that the person will marry a Canadian within the next 2 years

So they are looking for a job to gain experience. Hoping to seek a work permit while they await spousal PR.

ednut1:
none of these jobs will typical qualify for a work permit. Any tom dick and harry in Canada can do them. So they wont pass the LMIA hurdle. Tech skills, meat cutter, fabrication, forklift etc are the kind of skills that would get it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ViviDum: 2:57pm On Oct 06, 2022
Good afternoon everyone,

Please i need some advice.

My husband who is the Primary Applicant works for his family company as a senior sales manager. His name is on the list of directors of the company when goggled.

For the employee/self employed section, seeing as he is not the MD (his father is), can he apply as an employee and not self-employed regardless of him being a director of the company?

I am also worried that it might be seen as misinterpretation.

Please help with feedback. Thank you!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2022
ViviDum:
Good afternoon everyone,

Please i need some advice.

My husband who is the Primary Applicant works for his family company as a senior sales manager. His name is on the list of directors of the company when goggled.

For the employee/self employed section, seeing as he is not the MD (his father is), can he apply as an employee and not self-employed regardless of him being a director of the company?

I am also worried that it might be seen as misinterpretation.

Please help with feedback. Thank you!!!!

For work history:

*Family business but applicant is an employee (e.g. sales manager) - normal work ref letter as per IRCC checklist same as working for any other employer.

*Family business but applicant is the owner and operator = self employed....read here: https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/567#101886861

As a director, he will include the directorship under personal history post ITA, in both scenarios above. A director is a separate role from being an employee or an owner IMO.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:09pm On Oct 06, 2022
mummyDsquare:
The eagle has finally landed!!!! Its PPR baby!!!
NOC 2172
Province: Ontario
Nomination: 12 April, 2022
ITA: 13 April, 2022
Medicals 14 April, 2022
AOR: 22 April, 2022
MEP BIL: 18 July, 2022
Biometrics done: 19 July, 2022
2nd GU: 9th August 2022
3rd GU: 28th September 2022
PPR: 5th October 2022

I pray everyone on this journey gets to experience this. To everyone who take out time to answer questions here, God that sees all will definitely continue to bless and rewards you guys!

Congrats MumD

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Luckybelt: 3:13pm On Oct 06, 2022
What type of visa (visiting ) or Open work permit is advisable for someone whose wife is in Canada to go and join her with kids
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2022
Luckybelt:
What type of visa (visiting ) or Open work permit is advisable for someone whose wife is in Canada to go and join her with kids
You know what to do already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2022
cooooooks:
My understanding is that the person will marry a Canadian within the next 2 years

So they are looking for a job to gain experience. Hoping to seek a work permit while they await spousal PR.

this one na mental gymnastics. Work permit after marriage to a Canadian Abeg

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2022
ednut1:
Nigerian immigration grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cooooooks(m): 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2022
grin

I agree. Just wondering if there's any credence to what she was asking me.

ednut1:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by JennyBay: 7:59pm On Oct 06, 2022
Yes!

My PPR is here.

Detail soon

VO: Vancouver

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by JennyBay: 8:57pm On Oct 06, 2022
-------------------------------------------------------

AOR: 02-Jul-2021
1st Med passed: 16-Nov-2021
Biometric: 18-Nov-2021
1st GU: 14-Apr-2022
No ADR
1st medical expired:19-Jun-2022
Upfront remedical: 21-Jun-2022
Medical passed again: 08-Aug-2022
2nd GU: 26-Sep-2022
RFV: 06-Oct-2022

Did upfront PCC, 2nd Medical and PoF submitted on 21-Jun-2022.

After several calls I discovered that Eligibility has been on "Recommend-passed" since 13-May-2022 and later passed on 24-Sep-2022. Thus, its seems that the 1st Medical (probably about to expire) stall the eligibility for 4 months. All other parameters have been passed since May 2022:
Eligibility: Recommed Passed on 13-May-2022
Security: Passed on 14-April-2022
Criminality: Passed on 16-Nov-2021
1st Medical: Passed on 16-Nov-2021
info sharing: In-progress
------------------

JennyBay:
Yes!

My PPR is here.

Detail soon

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 8:57pm On Oct 06, 2022
mummyDsquare:
NOC 2172
Medicals 14 April, 2022

I pray everyone on this journey gets to experience this. To everyone who take out time to answer questions here, God that sees all will definitely continue to bless and rewards you guys!

Congratulations mama

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2022
njambert:

Hi everyone.
Happy to inform you that by God's bountiful grace the EOR was successful.
Wife's Writing score changed from 6.5 to 7.This guarantees we will be selected in the next draw.
I want to ask though,will the TRF Number change as a new TRF will be issued? Because I will be using the current TRF Number for our EE profile

I think it remains the same however just edit when you receive new trf if there’s a change

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by articulate3145: 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2022
I need some help with dropping my passport at VFS Lagos. That's where I submitted my biometrics

I searched nairaland and was able to put the below information together. I'll appreciate if anyone with experience can confirm if it's correct.

I'm to address the package to:
Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to be submitted as one package:

1. Two photocopies of international passport data page
2. International Passport itself
3. Passport request letter
4. Biometric confirmation slip
5. Two copies of signed vfs consent forms (I don't know where to get this yet)
6. A paper with my contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.
7. Pay SMS fee (optional) of N990 and transmission fee (where necessary) of ₦9,410 to
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Send the documents via DHL 2-way courier.

Thanks in anticipation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by soulmate19: 10:11pm On Oct 06, 2022
Big Congratulations
I envy this your timeline oo
What was your score when you were nominated?
Don't forget to drop the landing gist when you enter canny......

mummyDsquare:
NOC 2172
Medicals 14 April, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Adex2442: 3:01am On Oct 07, 2022
Evening guys a friend's WES timeline just changed to this. Does it mean they received the transcript?

No.3 says transcript accepted
But No. 4 says not received

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by rume(m): 3:35am On Oct 07, 2022
Adex2442:
Evening guys a friend's WES timeline just changed to this. Does it mean they received the transcript?

Yes, Accepted means it was received
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by remoranger(m): 5:21am On Oct 07, 2022
Good Day Everyone,
Please i need advice

I got PPR on Oct 4th. My medicals expire Dec 27th. I am worried that before I get the passports back. It will be too close to the medical expiry. We(Family of 4) plan to do short landing. The flight fees giving the close time period will be crazy.

Has anyone experienced this situation?
Was the entry deadline extended past medical expiry if it was very close?

I am trying to see if i can update my medical before passport submission but the whole month of october is booked on Qlife website. No option to book for November.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Adex2442: 7:40am On Oct 07, 2022
rume:

Yes, Accepted means it was received

Tanks took just 18 days. Do I need to upload my certificate on that no.4
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by patricia23: 7:56am On Oct 07, 2022
Check Qlife website monday morning from 6am for slots

remoranger:
Good Day Everyone,
Please i need advice

I got PPR on Oct 4th. My medicals expire Dec 27th. I am worried that before I get the passports back. It will be too close to the medical expiry. We(Family of 4) plan to do short landing. The flight fees giving the close time period will be crazy.

I am trying to see if i can update my medical before passport submission but the whole month of october is booked on Qlife website. No option to book for November.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by njambert: 8:37am On Oct 07, 2022
Adex2442:

Accepted means the school has already confirmed with WES that it is a valid degree taken from their institution.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by njambert: 8:39am On Oct 07, 2022
Hi guys
So in my travel history, I arrived Shanghai, China in September 2013 where I studied for a year.I was still 17 at that time.I reached 18 by February 2014.And I left Shanghai permanently to another city(Xuzhou) in August 2014.
I studied in Xuzhou till 2020 and I have done my PCC for Xuzhou.My question is do I still need to do PCC for when I was at Shanghai given I was under 18 for half the time I was there?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by rcspy: 9:45am On Oct 07, 2022
Please has anyone submitted from Abuja VFS to Accra visa office. Can you please let me know timeline. Mine has been submitted for over 4 weeks, got to Acrra visa office since 15th Sept, no update since then.

Has anyone also gotten their visa stamped without update on cic portal
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mcstan18(m): 9:48am On Oct 07, 2022
njambert:
Hi guys
So in my travel history, I arrived Shanghai, China in September 2013 where I studied for a year.I was still 17 at that time.I reached 18 by February 2014.And I left Shanghai permanently to another city(Xuzhou) in August 2014.
I studied in Xuzhou till 2020 and I have done my PCC for Xuzhou.My question is do I still need to do PCC for when I was at Shanghai given I was under 18 for half the time I was there?

If you live outside China
The application process differs from city to city. Ask your local office how to apply. Most places in China will let you appoint a representative to apply for a police certificate on your behalf. They’ll need

-their national ID card
-a signed notarized authorization letter from you
-their original permanent residence registration (hukou) booklet
-all of your required documents.

You may read more about PCC for PRC HERE

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by rume(m): 10:16am On Oct 07, 2022
Adex2442:

Tanks took just 18 days. Do I need to upload my certificate on that no.4

Yes, you should upload the certificate as they describe on the website. Some people never did that or had to. It depends on the institution involved. For number 3, the ball is in WES' court and there is no further action from you or your institution
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mummyDsquare: 11:25am On Oct 07, 2022
Thank you so much @GraciousWords and @Dimple10

I got NOI 465.
then 1050 at nomination.
Definitely dropping landing gist.

soulmate19:
Big Congratulations
I envy this your timeline oo
What was your score when you were nominated?
Don't forget to drop the landing gist when you enter canny......

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ViviDum: 11:46am On Oct 07, 2022
Thank you very much, i appreciate it.

GraciousWords:

For work history:

*Family business but applicant is an employee (e.g. sales manager) - normal work ref letter as per IRCC checklist same as working for any other employer.

*Family business but applicant is the owner and operator = self employed....read here: https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/567#101886861

As a director, he will include the directorship under personal history post ITA, in both scenarios above. A director is a separate role from being an employee or an owner IMO.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
remoranger:
Good Day Everyone,
Please i need advice

AFAIK, IRCC are not going to take a look at any upfront remeds at this point. I may be wrong though.

You will know your COPR expiry from GC Key when app is approved or when passport is returned......you may be pleasantly surprised that it is further than Dec 27.

Option1: wait till you know exact COPR expiry to book your ticket BUT ticket prices will likely be higher as you get closer to travel date
Option 2: book ticket now for Dec 13/20 BUT it may be expensive to change date if passport is delayed or if COPR expiry is 2023 and you decide to leave later.

Either way, send your passports off to the fastest VO, Nairobi or Rome or wherever NOW (you've lost 6 days already)....... flight prices are not only crazy, they have gone bonkers........but what is a Japarian to do?!

PS: are you 100% sure of your medical expiry, did you do your last meds in Dec 2021?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2022
njambert:
Hi guys
I studied in Xuzhou till 2020 and I have done my PCC for Xuzhou. My question is do I still need to do PCC for when I was at Shanghai given I was under 18 for half the time I was there?

.....you were 18 for the other half of the time you were there...you became 18 in Feb 2014 but you only left Shanghai in Aug 2014.....

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html says:

You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada = you need to give them PCC for ANY period of time AFTER you turned 18....you gerrit?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cooooooks(m): 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
Minister Fraser just made some announcements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehUUZ7XwIdo

No more 20 hours work limit until Dec 2023
Have to be full time student to work
Hinted that there will be a pathway for FRENCH SPEAKING students.

Nigerians, it takes 1 year of part time studies to become french speaking (pass level 4 on an exam). Please take advantage!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Cyril009(m): 4:19pm On Oct 07, 2022
littyprincess:

Vesti sent an email saying they are stopping their services as well.

Ok, so last month I received a mail from vesti that they have resumed their dollar card services but I don't remember registering on their website,

ankaravillageng & littyprincess how was their services when you guys used them I buy stuff online mainly AliExpress ....

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: studycenter, Giddyperson, Jidesam01, folla, Idemujoseph and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.