Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1065356 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Martinkev(m): 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
Cc: Ednut1

Martinkev:
Hello, Everyone.

Is it advisable to send passports for stamping to the Lagos VO? I'm thinking of Kenya cos I learned they are faster, but I don't know how to go about it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by LegitDiva: 5:36pm On Dec 19, 2022
Hi everyone, what are my chances with a CLB 9 in English and CLB 5 in french!??

I'm an IT personnel

Any suggestions please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Goodnigga: 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2022
LegitDiva:
Hi everyone, what are my chances with a CLB 9 in English and CLB 5 in french!??

Any suggestions please
Fine results, for FSW, CLB 5 in french is too low, for both FSW & OINP program , however for Québec pnp, SINP or NB province it can work

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Rapture07: 6:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
Martinkev:
Cc: Ednut1

Send me an email. I can forward the steps to u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 6:42pm On Dec 19, 2022
There was a shooting 5 mins from me in Vaughan last night. 5 people lost their lives. Surprised the media (BBC, CBC,CNN...) are not reporting the full story. The gunman was also killed by police in the process. At the end the Canada (especially GTA) housing crisis is now turning some people to become gunmen.
The story in the neighborhood is that a man was frustrated by members of his Condo Board and out of anger he got a gun and shot 6 of the board members.

In Canada today there is a limit on annual rental increases. This makes it impossible for landlords to increase rents for existing tenants by more than 2.5% in Ontario. Some landlords and Condo management coys find ways to frustrate tenants out of the building so they can rent to new tenants at an uncapped price. Looks like they did that to a 73 year old man who has been a tenant in the apartment for 11 years. Probably retired and faced with financial pressures as well as being too old to face the hurdles of finding a house he may have opted to pour his anger on the condo board members that took the decision against him. Wahala no dey finish

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 7:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
tshtsh:
There was a shooting 5 mins from me in Vaughan last night. 5 people lost their lives. Surprised the media (BBC, CBC,CNN...) are not reporting the full story. The gunman was also killed by police in the process. At the end the Canada (especially GTA) housing crisis is now turning some people to become gunmen.
The story in the neighborhood is that a man was frustrated by members of his Condo Board and out of anger he got a gun and shot 6 of the board members.

In Canada today there is a limit on annual rental increases. This makes it impossible for landlords to increase rents for existing tenants by more than 2.5% in Ontario. Some landlords and Condo management coys find ways to frustrate tenants out of the building so they can rent to new tenants at an uncapped price. Looks like they did that to a 73 year old man who has been a tenant in the apartment for 11 years. Probably retired and faced with financial pressures as well as being too old to face the hurdles of finding a house he may have opted to pour his anger on the condo board members that took the decision against him. Wahala no dey finish
I saw the news. Vaughan has been volatile in recent time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Martinkev(m): 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
Sent. Thank you.

Rapture07:

Send me an email. I can forward the steps to u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Andrenalin: 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2022
Learner247:

I am 3 years older and married, yet in the pool. Just put things in order and get in. Then embrace relevant PNP.

I am on 410 (I didn't evaluate my spouse's credential nor enroll her for the IELTS exam - I regard that as waste of resources because we would still pursue PNP anyways.).

Bros can I PM you , need more info on this please....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Andrenalin: 9:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
Goodnigga:
Nothing wrong with your age for EE. The only thing is you will be losing points like 5 or 6 points yearly. You have these options:

Study Visa
PNP( If you can research well enough, you can get many provinces who will accept you.)

EE( FSW) , Degree, two or more certificates, Masters or learn French. At least two of these options should get you somewhere nice most expecially if you can pass TEF.

We have many people who are single and above 33 who are in the pool, about to get PR or have gotten PR. So don't write yourself out, you are still young.

peace!!!

I will need your advice on mine. I am 36yrs I am married with 10years experience as mechanical engineering tech. I have OND, HND, BSC AND MASTERS degree in engineering and I have sent all to WES.

I am preparing to write IELT by Feb 11. What is your advice as per best route to follow ? And how can I increase my chance ... thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Andrenalin: 9:48pm On Dec 19, 2022
Goodnigga:
Nothing wrong with your age for EE. The only thing is you will be losing points like 5 or 6 points yearly. You have these options:

Study Visa
PNP( If you can research well enough, you can get many provinces who will accept you.)

EE( FSW) , Degree, two or more certificates, Masters or learn French. At least two of these options should get you somewhere nice most expecially if you can pass TEF.

We have many people who are single and above 33 who are in the pool, about to get PR or have gotten PR. So don't write yourself out, you are still young.

peace!!!

Are you advising one should consider writing TEF also? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Goodnigga: 9:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
Andrenalin:

I will need your advice on mine. I am 36yrs I am married with 10years experience as mechanical engineering tech. I have OND, HND, BSC AND MASTERS degree in engineering and I have sent all to WES.

I am preparing to write IELT by Feb 11. What is your advice as per best route to follow ? And how can I increase my chance ... thanks
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp Simulate your scores with that link, put at least 8777(LRSW) and calculate your CRS scores. Let me know what you get. Use Masters as your highest qualification
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Goodnigga: 9:58pm On Dec 19, 2022
Andrenalin:

Are you advising one should consider writing TEF also? Thanks
Yes, IELTS + TEF can boost your points without Two or more certificates, Masters or PHD. That's what I did. It can help you to boost your crs scores regardless of age and also qualify for many french required PNPs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Learner247: 9:59pm On Dec 19, 2022
Andrenalin:

Bros can I PM you , need more info on this please....

By all means. I hope I can be of help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Andrenalin: 11:38pm On Dec 19, 2022
Goodnigga:
Yes, IELTS + TEF can boost your points without Two or more certificates, Masters or PHD. That's what I did. It can help you to boost your crs scores regardless of age and also qualify for many french required PNPs

Wow thanks, I have masters, bsc, hnd and ond. I pray all these cert help sha. Thanks left with TEF..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by EconFinance: 7:29am On Dec 20, 2022
Please does a CRS score of 460 plus look good for PNP?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by EconFinance: 7:30am On Dec 20, 2022
I don't even mind it being other provinces

Was advised to avoid Ontario
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:56am On Dec 20, 2022
Kbrule:

My IETLS is 8
I'm almost 29
I have a bsc.
But my Crs is 430 something
Please list out your IELTS result according to LRSW. No one cares about your overall band score as it doesn’t determine if your IELTS is superb. How many years work experience? Your Bsc only is also a problem. You need at least a two or more certificate to boost your education point.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by LegitDiva: 9:18am On Dec 20, 2022
Goodnigga:

what provinces can one apply to if you have TEF (Band 5) without a job offer please?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kbrule: 9:32am On Dec 20, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

Please list out your IELTS result according to LRSW. No one cares about your overall band score as it doesn’t determine if your IELTS is superb. How many years work experience? Your Bsc only is also a problem. You need at least a two or more certificate to boost your education point.

I started my present job in January 2020, but I have previous work experience in an area that is unrelated to my current field.

When you say one or more certificates what exactly do you mean?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 9:42am On Dec 20, 2022
EconFinance:
Please does a CRS score of 460 plus look good for PNP?
different pnp have different requirements. Check the different websites of the provinces.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bekayy: 9:52am On Dec 20, 2022
Pls stay safe. May we always be protected. CA is gradually turning to the US.

tshtsh:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Opemipo2107: 10:19am On Dec 20, 2022
Good morning wonderful people. I have a question which is bothering me a little. I’m planning to start the EE process next month but I read somewhere on this thread about canceling of CRS scores and other changes. My question is would EE still be worth it next year ? I know nobody here is IRCC but at least just an insight before I put all my energy and funds. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Goodnigga: 10:36am On Dec 20, 2022
LegitDiva:

what provinces can one apply to if you have TEF (Band 5) without a job offer please?
Try Saskatchewan, New Brunswick Strategic Initiative ( French stream) and Québec

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kingkendrick109: 10:53am On Dec 20, 2022
starrez:

IRCC will not send you another letter, at least not in my experience. They have insane backlog and didn’t send another letter even after all my web forms. Email VFS, they are the ones that will send you an email after getting approval from IRCC. You will print out the email from VFS granting you access to book and come with your expired letter. They will tell you to rebook on their VFS platform and also let you know that if you miss this new date there will be no more grace.

Please can I call you so you can guide me on this, I really don't want to make any mistake, I have really put in a lot on this journey..... I sent you a message...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Martbills: 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2022
My sister graduated as a Nurse in Nigeria, she is a registered Nurse and has certification in Midwifery. Does it qualify as two or more certificates for Express entry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2022
Draw tomorrow?

CRS drops to 488?

Fingers crossed.

Compliments of the season y’all.

Peace.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by megastu(m): 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2022
The shooting had nothing to do with the housing crisis. Its a mental issue. Anything can trigger people with mental issues. Unfortunately, in America there is easy access to weapons hence it is common there. In Canada access to weapon is not as easy as in yankee so these type of cases are limited.
tshtsh:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by LegitDiva: 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2022
Goodnigga:
Try Saskatchewan, New Brunswick Strategic Initiative ( French stream) and Québec

Thank you, I’ve just sent EOI’s
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Goodnigga: 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2022
LegitDiva:

Thank you, I’ve just sent EOI’s
Congrats.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by EsoEso: 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
nymphomaniac:
Draw tomorrow?

CRS drops to 488?

Fingers crossed.

Compliments of the season y’all.

Peace.
Score may go up morethan previous draw, or remain same at best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kbrule:

I started my present job in January 2020, but I have previous work experience in an area that is unrelated to my current field.

When you say one or more certificates what exactly do you mean?
Your result is okay, you maxed all except reading where an 8.0 would have given you maximum point in Language. You can use other experiences provided it’s eligible under express entry, it doesn’t have to be related with your current field as you need 3 years experience for your points to make sense but on a second thought, your current job will be 3 years by January so that’s not much of a problem and I think it would suffice.

The most important thing here is your education, a short course that can be evaluated positively by Wes like ACCA, BCS, CIMA, CIIN, CIPM etc is what you need to claim two or more certificates and boost your scores to 460s to 470s region.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kbrule: 7:42pm On Dec 20, 2022
thank you
Prettiepearlz:

Your result is okay, you maxed all except reading where an 8.0 would have given you maximum point in Language. You can use other experiences provided it’s eligible under express entry, it doesn’t have to be related with your current field as you need 3 years experience for your points to make sense but on a second thought, your current job will be 3 years by January so that’s not much of a problem and I think it would suffice.

The most important thing here is your education, a short course that can be evaluated positively by Wes like ACCA, BCS, CIMA, CIIN, CIPM etc is what you need to claim two or more certificates and boost your scores to 460s to 470s region.

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (635) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: tensazangetsu20(m), Venom104, studycenter and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.