Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1050374 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bekayy: 2:03am On Jan 10, 2022
You see that thing about Canada is cold.

It kinda a lie o. Yes it is cold but it is not like the cold would kill you.

The people who said Canada is very cold did not say that there are different temperatures in Canada.

GTA is experiencing 2 to -5 degrees while their counterparts in SK, AB and MB are experiencing - 20 and above.

My advice is that, make informed decisions. There is always a price to pay. If you are running from GTA for expenses, the temperature is harsher in other places and jobs may not be as high as GTA due to lower standard of living.

Shalom.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Liispa(f): 2:51am On Jan 10, 2022
mulikky:

Please how did you pay for the return courier service?
My passport was sent through Lagos VFS and it got to Canada Visa Office on Jan 5th.

You don’t need to pay for return courier

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jollytravels: 4:25am On Jan 10, 2022
Please send it here pls...humuamiolawunmilah@gmail.com

4kingndcountry:
Hello everyone. If you need IELTS practice materials, you can send in your mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by STEFANY22: 5:02am On Jan 10, 2022
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and was referred by a friend here.

I must say I'm impressed and pleased with the information being shared here and the energy you all emit here.
They're both enlightening and encouraging, so here's me saying thank you and well done.

So I've just commenced my process to achieving my Canadian dream- taken the ielts test and currwntly exploring the PNP route to obtaining a PR since the FSWP Express Entry route has been on hold for some months now due to the Covid-19 roadblock in issuing ITA's for the program.

However, I've been experiencing challenges with PNP process online. Actually I've been unable to push through with applying for a provincial nomination via the Canada.ca website.

Please can anyone share ideas, suggestions or their experience (if any) on how to cross this hurdle.

Thanks on anticipation of your informative response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SeniorGee(m): 5:45am On Jan 10, 2022
GraciousWords:

Pls read page 1 FAQ 41...you should update complete personal history, leaving nothing out....explain anything that seems "one kind" to you in an LOE.

IMO it's not unusual to be studying and working at the same time..that's what the majority of people on executive MBAs are doing.....Is the graduate program really FT though?

Many thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ideraa: 7:39am On Jan 10, 2022
My dear Canadians,
The Lord has done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Timelines below:
AOR: 13TH Dec 2019
Biometrics: 20th January 2020
Medicals passed - January 2020
Covid struck and LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Silence
ADR for new Baby - Sep 25th 2021
Request for Remedical - Nov 11th 2021
Ready for Visa mail : 2nd Dec 2021
Passport Submission thru VFS Lagos : 7th Dec 2021
Passport delivered - Jan 7th 2022

For all who are still waiting, my prayers are with you, 2018,2019, 2020, 2021 geng, God will do it for you and gladden your hearts too and deliver you all from this endless wait . I am hopeful that before the end of Q1 2022, there will be a flood of PPRs.

@Graciouswords, i don't know you but know today that you are tucked away in a special place in my heart. For all the time you spend patiently responding to enquiries on this platform and encouraging people, God is on your file already, Stay Calm Sis, It will come.

Please if you did your biometrics in Lagos, Kindly spare yourself the wahala of sending passport to Accra, Lagos VFS will deliver in less than a month, if we waited for PPR mail for 2 years or more, what is a month that you can't wait it out?

See you all in the Maple Land. Shalom!

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ladygracy: 7:40am On Jan 10, 2022
GraciousWords:

Not a problem....let your friend read FAQ 32 from page 1 and also check this post of what docs to travel with if she/he is travelling to Canada with children but without other parent.

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/42#108912192
Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ladygracy: 7:43am On Jan 10, 2022
Allegory:

To add to the response you already got
If the kids are you and your husband's biological kids, Are you and your husband's names written on their birth certificates the same way its written on your passports? If yes, you could just include a letter of explanation explaining how you all came to bear different names.

Yes the kids are biologically theirs, they just don't answer their forefathers name but an abbreviated version. Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ladygracy: 7:45am On Jan 10, 2022
sirabbey:

Absolutely no problem. My children's surname is different from mine because I choose to use my first name as my children's surname instead of my great-grandfather's name which the family has been using before I was born. And I have no issues whatsoever except to sometimes explain to some busy body nosey Nigerian officials who seem befuddled by it all.
Perfect, thanks for this, i guess they will have to carry their birth certificate when they wish to travel.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ovywils: 7:46am On Jan 10, 2022
Congratulations �
[quote author=Ideraa post=109235282]My dear Canadians,
My Timelines below:

Congratulations �

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ShoeShineGuy: 8:01am On Jan 10, 2022
Ideraa:
My dear Canadians,
My Timelines below:

I am hopeful that before the end of Q1 2022, there will be a flood of PPRs.

@Graciouswords, i don't know you but know today that you are tucked away in a special place in my heart. For all the time you spend patiently responding to enquiries on this platform and encouraging people, God is on your file already, Stay Calm Sis, It will come.

Yet another joyous news to liven up the soul!
Congrats to u & d family. Always ever worth the wait irrespective of d arrowing experience.

We're all praying for Mama Gracious as well. She's indeed a gem & such rare personality that if I had d option of being told I'm getting PPR in few hours time but I could swap the slot with someone else while I go back on the waiting queue, she would be top on my list..

Go prosper in Canny. May God keep us all alive to witness this sort of joy & be able to share our own PPR posts. Amen.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 8:05am On Jan 10, 2022
Ladygracy:
Yes the kids are biologically theirs, they just don't answer their forefathers name but an abbreviated version. Thanks for your response.
Guessed so because I know a couple of families like that. Me I don't have the same name with my husband and kids because I never did change of name. I submitted my PR application like that. There's a part of the application where you'll be asked if you and your husband are the biological parents to the kids listed and your response there, plus their birth certificates should be enough

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 8:10am On Jan 10, 2022
Ideraa:
My dear Canadians,
My Timelines below:

For all who are still waiting, my prayers are with you, 2018,2019, 2020, 2021 geng, God will do it for you and gladden your hearts too and deliver you all from this endless wait . I am hopeful that before the end of Q1 2022, there will be a flood of PPRs.

Please if you did your biometrics in Lagos, Kindly spare yourself the wahala of sending passport to Accra, Lagos VFS will deliver in less than a month, if we waited for PPR mail for 2 years or more, what is a month that you can't wait it out?

Congratulations. This is the kind of posts I want to be waking up to everyday. Have a safe trip when the time comes, we await landing gist

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by coolcare(m): 8:22am On Jan 10, 2022
Ideraa:
My dear Canadians,
My Timelines below:

Congratulations.

This news gives someone like me that all my friends has took hill to UK hope.

I decided to wait for Canada. I started my journey in 2021 Dec but I am seriously hopeful.

Thank you for the news

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ladygracy: 8:28am On Jan 10, 2022
Allegory:

Guessed so because I know a couple of families like that. Me I don't have the same name with my husband and kids because I never did change of name. I submitted my PR application like that. There's a part of the application where you'll be asked if you and your husband are the biological parents to the kids listed and your response there, plus their birth certificates should be enough
Thanks for your responses, I will let my friend know.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by JudiTee: 8:45am On Jan 10, 2022
Congratulations to you and your family..
Ideraa:
My dear Canadians,
My Timelines below:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Olisa222: 9:29am On Jan 10, 2022
Please has anyone received hard copy of result from British council, I know for IDP you just walk into their office. Bc said they'd deliver to my house address after 5 days, I haven't seen anybody. Please how do I rectify this?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PanicButton: 9:39am On Jan 10, 2022
Ideraa:
My dear Canadians,
My Timelines below:

Congrats!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 10:26am On Jan 10, 2022
Itzlinda:

I am 28 now turning 29 this year. I pray my delay won't affect my success.

Already start devouring ielts and registering for cima next week.

Qualification : BSC quantity surveying and presently working government agency.

Pls read and digest page 1, you are already on the right track with bold.

No follow agent o.....

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 10:45am On Jan 10, 2022
Ideraa:
My dear Canadians,
My Timelines below:

For all who are still waiting, my prayers are with you, 2018,2019, 2020, 2021 geng, God will do it for you and gladden your hearts too and deliver you all from this endless wait.

God is on your file already, Stay Calm Sis, It will come.

Wawwuuuuu!!! CONGRATS!

Green: AAAMMMEEENNNNNN!

Blue: The DHL money sef for those VFS outside Naija, no be am at all ......but Lagos VFS....issss like their brain used to touch sometimes o cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 11:21am On Jan 10, 2022
STEFANY22:

I must say I'm impressed and pleased with the information being shared here and the energy you all emit here.
They're both enlightening and encouraging, so here's me saying thank you and well done.

So I've just commenced my process to achieving my Canadian dream- taken the ielts test and currwntly exploring the PNP route to obtaining a PR since the FSWP Express Entry route has been on hold for some months now due to the Covid-19 roadblock in issuing ITA's for the program.

However, I've been experiencing challenges with PNP process online. Actually I've been unable to push through with applying for a provincial nomination via the Canada.ca website.

Please can anyone share ideas, suggestions or their experience (if any) on how to cross this hurdle.

Lots of pnp questions these days but they're hard to answer cos different provinces have different requirements. This is the pnp thread. Its closed now but still the best way to learn all about pnp.

https://www.nairaland.com/4180147/all-canadian-provincial-nominee-programs#62433299

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/express-entry.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by STEFANY22: 11:23am On Jan 10, 2022
Wow!! Congratulations!
Just the right dose of motivation I need because I just started my process.

For those us who just came onboard the process and to those on the waiting list, we all will personally experience your success story very soon with God's blessings.

Ideraa:
My dear Canadians,
My Timelines below:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by STEFANY22: 11:24am On Jan 10, 2022
Good morning all,
Please I'm still waiting for your suggestions to this.
Thanks

STEFANY22:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2022
STEFANY22:
Good morning all,
Thanks

which PNP route are you exploring? Do you have a sibling or family or close friend in the said province you are applying to ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2022
STEFANY22:
Good morning all,
Thanks

you haven’t done ielts and eca yet. Check the pnp websites to see which ones you qualify for. Not everyone can’t qualify tho
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 2:39pm On Jan 10, 2022
Ideraa:
My dear Canadians,
My Timelines below:

For all who are still waiting, my prayers are with you, 2018,2019, 2020, 2021 geng,

congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by abmendozer(m): 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2022
Please I have a family friend that did French exam for Canada express entry application, but unfortunately the person did mistake with the email that is to receive the french test result. We’ve tried to send them email severally but no response. Please does anyone know how we can reach them to just to receive the French result.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2022
abmendozer:
Please I have a family friend that did French exam for Canada express entry application, but unfortunately the person did mistake with the email that is to receive the french test result. We’ve tried to send them email severally but no response. Please does anyone know how we can reach them to just to receive the French result.
Thanks
The person should reach out to the test center to get the hard copy but it will take awhile

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.