Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,778 members, 7,831,500 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1065314 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 8:05am On Oct 26, 2023
VirginiaChi:

I have a bachelor's degree. will ATSWA + bachelors count as 2 or more degrees?

Thank You.
Yes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kongrats: 8:43am On Oct 26, 2023
Thank you. All my experience is in tech except the 2 months I was in bank training school.

What I didn't make clear was I was in tech from 2016 to 2019 in Nigeria but I graduated from university in 2017. So I am afraid they may claim that tech needs at least a BSc qualification.

I have also been in tech in Europe since 2021.

NuCypher:

What you need are years of experience as a software developer. And also stating that NOC in your application. [url= https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream]Here's[/url] where you should start from. If those 3 years are as a tech hand, then you should be good.

Doesn't really matter if you write PTE or ielts. If you can write and score 90/90 in PTE, then I'm fairly certain you can easily max out your ielts. The nature and difficulty of these exams are not very far from one another.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mayfair19: 11:28am On Oct 26, 2023
Hello everyone,

Please I want to know if I can use an uncle and aunt by marriage in my profile as a family connection.

The uncle is my mom’s maternal first cousin and his wife is my mom’s very close friend. My mom is listed as one of their key relatives and witnesses to their marriage on his application as well. They reside in Alberta and have expressed their desire to support in every way possible.

Also, will there be a need to give a detailed information about our relationship at any point in the process?

I’m about create a profile and join the pool and I want to avoid anything which may seem like a misrepresentation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by leopardinatree: 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2023
Mayfair19:
Hello everyone,

Please I want to know if I can use an uncle and aunt by marriage in my profile as a family connection.

The uncle is my mom’s maternal first cousin and his wife is my mom’s very close friend. My mom is listed as one of their key relatives and witnesses to their marriage on his application as well. They reside in Alberta and have expressed their desire to support in every way possible.

Also, will there be a need to give a detailed information about our relationship at any point in the process?

I’m about create a profile and join the pool and I want to avoid anything which may seem like a misrepresentation.

I think he would work as a family connection in Manitoba but in Alberta they do not accept uncle and that too mother's brother let alone mother's cousin. Alberta requires immediate family ie: parents, siblings etc. Saskatchewan accepts uncle but i think its the sibling of your parent and not their cousin. EE pool accepts parents, children, siblings and inlaws of the PA.

As for the second part of your question, everything throughout the process will require support documents. they will not just take your word for it. So if you were to list him down as a relative that gives you points then you will have to show proof in the form of birth certificates along with his residency/citizenship docs or even proof of his living in any particular province you are applying to.

Bear in mind that Alberta picks from the EE pool so you will not initially apply directly to the province unless you have a valid job offer. Your best bet is to enter the pool and work your way out from there. Every claim must be supported by legal/official documents (the misrepresentation part comes in when you fail to support your claims).

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 3:10pm On Oct 26, 2023
Kongrats:
Thank you. All my experience is in tech except the 2 months I was in bank training school.

What I didn't make clear was I was in tech from 2016 to 2019 in Nigeria but I graduated from university in 2017. So I am afraid they may claim that tech needs at least a BSc qualification.

I have also been in tech in Europe since 2021.

You don't have a BSc?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2023
tshtsh:

Lol. Sometimes I feel there is no way living in Canada can be explained to someone until they live here. Emotions are like zero and its even worse in USA in this sense. The rule is the rule. The process is the process. IRCC processing delays teaches patience and in Canada patience is key particularly for newcomers. When I landed I had POF and two job offers in hand but it took me four months of trying before I was able to rent a condo in GTA. Credit report, credit score of 700+, 3 months paystub was the requirement. Even at that I was seen as a high risk tenant that other candidates got picked over me in more than 60 rental applications I submitted. The art of building credit slowly , waiting for my PR card which took 5 months and eventually furnishing the rented apartment slowly while building savings, TFSA and RRSP. You become a lot more detailed and accountable to yourself. Learning how to manage finances and credit is also super important. I saw how a friend of mine yelled at his wife in my presence. It was funny but I understood his frustration grin .

They came to visit me and I told them I was at an ikea store near the house. They opted to meet me there. Wife said she needed some kitchen spoons while I chilled outside with the husband. She called him to make payment and he spent $973 unplanned. He was very angry. She was fresh from naija

Better words have not been said. It's good you mentioned PR card. I remember when I applied for another card after I lost my original card. Processing times on their website showed around 2 months or so. My card took over 7 months to come out. All that time, I wanted to go to Nigeria for some business, but simply couldn't travel because I didn't want to get into the hassle of getting stuck trying to apply for a PRTD in Nigeria. Who knows how much longer I would have had to wait in Nigeria? I had to find ways to conduct my biz remotely. It was urgent, but it didn't need that I continued to spam the CIC hotlines or emails, because I understood pretty well they had a huge backlog.

That's what many don't understand. It's a simple backlog and you take your queue in the line. There's nothing unacceptable there. The same way you take your queue when you go for medical assistance and it's not urgent, or you try to apply for road test, etc. It's not typical that IRCC employees sit on their hands and just let files pile up. The idea to keep spamming IRCC because of a perceived delay is something that is unusually common with Nigerians and it stems from their experience with local government officials who need to be reminded and/or pressured to do their job. Some Nigerians are quick to point to the fact that they only saw "changes" in their profile or only received their COPR after they raised a webform to remind IRCC to do their job. What they fail to say is that they have been spamming all through the duration of their application and can't point to that one spam email that activated IRCC. So, you start to wonder, was it really the spamming or was it really IRCC doing their job and ignoring the spamming? And yes, many Nigerians spam IRCC with phone calls and emails. I know that as a fact, but won't be disclosing my source. Anyone can believe that only if they want to.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2023
NuCypher:

Better words have not been said. It's good you mentioned PR card. I remember when I applied for another card after I lost my original card. Processing times on their website showed around 2 months or so. My card took over 7 months to come out. All that time, I wanted to go to Nigeria for some business, but simply couldn't travel because I didn't want to get into the hassle of getting stuck trying to apply for a PRTD in Nigeria. Who knows how much longer I would have had to wait in Nigeria? I had to find ways to conduct my biz remotely. It was urgent, but it didn't need that I continued to spam the CIC hotlines or emails, because I understood pretty well they had a huge backlog.

That's what many don't understand. It's a simple backlog and you take your queue in the line. There's nothing unacceptable there. The same way you take your queue when you go for medical assistance and it's not urgent, or you try to apply for road test, etc. It's not typical that IRCC employees sit on their hands and just let files pile up. The idea to keep spamming IRCC because of a perceived delay is something that is unusually common with Nigerians and it stems from their experience with local government officials who need to be reminded and/or pressured to do their job. Some Nigerians are quick to point to the fact that they only saw "changes" in their profile or only received their COPR after they raised a webform to remind IRCC to do their job. What they fail to say is that they have been spamming all through the duration of their application and can't point to that one spam email that activated IRCC. So, you start to wonder, was it really the spamming or was it really IRCC doing their job and ignoring the spamming? And yes, many Nigerians spam IRCC with phone calls and emails. I know that as a fact, but won't be disclosing my source. Anyone can believe that only if they want to.
grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chimzyblack(m): 5:27pm On Oct 26, 2023
Guys latest draw is 431 for health occupations, where are the testimonies na?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by patokenneth: 6:36pm On Oct 26, 2023
chimzyblack:
Guys latest draw is 431 for health occupations, where are the testimonies na?
These guys in health are enjoying. Ontario dey call, IRCC dey call. I wonder when tech abi STEM guys go chop this kind low score.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kongrats: 6:58pm On Oct 26, 2023
I have BSc. I graduated in Dec 2017. My initial concern was starting tech role with the company from 2016 when I was still studying. But I have realized I don't need to say that and can just get reference from January 2018 to June 2019 anyway.

NuCypher:

You don't have a BSc?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:31pm On Oct 26, 2023
patokenneth:

These guys in health are enjoying. Ontario dey call, IRCC dey call. I wonder when tech abi STEM guys go chop this kind low score.
The tech guys will definitely benefit from these draws too, I think they’re taking it one at a time. Healthcare and tech guys are covered, pnp will call, federal will call. Now I am hoping for general draws.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ianian: 9:01pm On Oct 26, 2023
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 12:37am On Oct 27, 2023
NuCypher:

Yep. It can be frustrating initially but you eventually get used to it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by smut: 1:01am On Oct 27, 2023
Hello guys, I’m a Nigerian currently living in europe , married to an european lady and we have a child together. We are planning to enroll for the Express Entry program but the problem is that I am currently illegal in the country as I have applied for my residence papers and it’s in progress. Is it ok if we start the processing and attach a document that proves that my residence papers are in process ?
Is there any Canadian immigration law that does not permit this. Anyone with such experience should kindly share. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 1:24am On Oct 27, 2023
I finally got ITA today under the healthcare CBD smiley

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 1:25am On Oct 27, 2023
mhizsimi:
I finally got ITA today under the healthcare CBD smiley.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 1:27am On Oct 27, 2023
mhizsimi:
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Luchiee: 9:07am On Oct 27, 2023
Congrats!! Praying for a similar score for STEM soon

mhizsimi:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:01am On Oct 27, 2023
mhizsimi:
Congrats congrats!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by evachy: 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2023
Hello guys,

Thanks everyone to the good job you are doing here.

Please I need a guide on how to start with this process of EE.
My profile:
Experience before graduation:2011 -2018 Warehouse inventory officer
Experience after graduation: 2019 till date Administrative supervisor
Job field: Supply chain, logistics and warehouse and distribution

Education: M.Ed Educational Administration and Planning.2023
Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management of Nigeria 2020
BSc.Ed Chemistry 2018
OND Office technology management 2011
IELTS: In progress
NOC: 12013
No family ties in Canada

Please folks, am I qualified to kick start the express entry program?
Thanks as you respond swiftly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 4:11pm On Oct 27, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Congrats congrats!!!!

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 4:11pm On Oct 27, 2023
Luchiee:
Congrats!! Praying for a similar score for STEM soon

Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2023
evachy:
Hello guys,

Thanks everyone to the good job you are doing here.

Please I need a guide on how to start with this process of EE.
My profile:
Experience before graduation:2011 -2018 Warehouse inventory officer
Experience after graduation: 2019 till date Administrative supervisor
Job field: Supply chain, logistics and warehouse and distribution

Education: M.Ed Educational Administration and Planning.2023
Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management of Nigeria 2020
BSc.Ed Chemistry 2018
OND Office technology management 2011
IELTS: In progress
NOC: 12013
No family ties in Canada

Please folks, am I qualified to kick start the express entry program?
Thanks as you respond swiftly.

Have you used the CRS tool to estimate your potential CRS score? That should be your first step. See where that puts you, then you can figure if you need to learn French or focus on PNPs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 5:06pm On Oct 27, 2023
smut:
Hello guys, I’m a Nigerian currently living in europe , married to an european lady and we have a child together. We are planning to enroll for the Express Entry program but the problem is that I am currently illegal in the country as I have applied for my residence papers and it’s in progress. Is it ok if we start the processing and attach a document that proves that my residence papers are in process ?
Is there any Canadian immigration law that does not permit this. Anyone with such experience should kindly share. Thanks
If your residence papers are being processed, it doesn't mean you are illegal in that country. You just don't have the papers yet. That shouldn't stop you from creating a profile on IRCC website and starting your run for express entry, pending when your documents become available. You'd expect that by the time you need to start scanning and submitting physical documents, your residence papers will be available. At the point of creating a profile and waiting for ITA, nobody needs copies of your documents.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by paroz: 5:40pm On Oct 27, 2023
Honeysweetest:
I guess you are a lawyer, let's be positive,we will get there, I used the Noc for legal assistant, it's not regulated, not like using Noc for a solicitor.
This is if you wish to explore pnp.
I applied for Saskatchewan PNP. Fortunately,legal assistant is among the needed Noc.

@Honeysweetest have you been able to get PNP with the Noc for legal administrative assistant?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by thesailorman: 8:00pm On Oct 27, 2023
s not for the swift
Started this journey in 2019 Covid happened and then had to write another Ielts with wifey. Cos the other ones expired. My wife got tired of it all and suggested masters. We started masters online in a uk university cos we couldn’t travel and the school gave an option of doing it online or deferring. We choosed to do it online. After second semester and Covid eased off, we made enquiry and they said we ain’t qualify for the 2yrs post work visa because we did it online. By this time, we wrote another Ielts as the other expired. So I had to pay for another Masters in the Uk while we were doing our dissertation making it 2nd uk master for my wife by the time we finished last year we updated our Wes because now we had masters. Our Score was now 486 we were just in the pool because cutoff was 500 and we left naija for the uk for madam 2nd masters and I as the dependant. Fast forward to March this year we got ITA. Did medicals in April and we have been waiting since. Did biometrics in June and today by the Glory of God we got PPR. This race will teach you patience my brethren. The Lord that did us will do for y’all IJN. God did it

Now we don’t know if to discontinue the masters or do soft landing. We so excited and for the newcomers please read from the first page. I became a consultant (lol) because everything we did and learned, was from this platform. Thank you all and God bless you. See y’all at the top

Forgive my typo. I’m just so excited.

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ZeeAngelus: 6:23am On Oct 28, 2023
Big Congratulations bro. I tap into ur testimony!
Soft landing will make sense, you can use one stone to kill two birds..

thesailorman:
s not for the swift
Started this journey in 2019 Covid happened and then had to write another Ielts with wifey. Cos the other ones expired. My wife got tired of it all and suggested masters. We started masters online in a uk university cos we couldn’t travel and the school gave an option of doing it online or deferring. We choosed to do it online. After second semester and Covid eased off, we made enquiry and they said we ain’t qualify for the 2yrs post work visa because we did it online. By this time, we wrote another Ielts as the other expired. So I had to pay for another Masters in the Uk while we were doing our dissertation making it 2nd uk master for my wife by the time we finished last year we updated our Wes because now we had masters. Our Score was now 486 we were just in the pool because cutoff was 500 and we left naija for the uk for madam 2nd masters and I as the dependant. Fast forward to March this year we got ITA. Did medicals in April and we have been waiting since. Did biometrics in June and today by the Glory of God we got PPR. This race will teach you patience my brethren. The Lord that did us will do for y’all IJN. God did it

Now we don’t know if to discontinue the masters or do soft landing. We so excited and for the newcomers please read from the first page. I became a consultant (lol) because everything we did and learned, was from this platform. Thank you all and God bless you. See y’all at the top

Forgive my typo. I’m just so excited.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by OTOIDEEHI(f): 7:59am On Oct 28, 2023
OTOIDEEHI:
Please house, in personal history section, does one need to repeat all the details contained in work history?
Kindly help out pleasie!!!
Good morning, FAM.....
Biko, can anybody help out with a response......pleaseeeeeee
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by OTOIDEEHI(f): 8:01am On Oct 28, 2023
Good morning, NAIRALANDERS!!!!
A quick one:
Documents such as bank statement from someone who made a gift to an applicant, transfer receipts, land documents, etc. should come under what placeholder?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by UjeshaNiMere(m): 10:36am On Oct 28, 2023
ITA received. Since 2019. Glory to God.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Harddiskng(m): 11:50am On Oct 28, 2023
Favourphilic:

If you are on general group on telegram asked to be added to the OINP group. If you can get a gift deed. You can submit even a day after getting the gift deed.

I have sent you a message.
Please i would like to be added the OINP group on telegram.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (635) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: aworhmabel, modash(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.