Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi (113456 Views)

Femi Osibona's Lifeless Body Recovered From Collapsed Building Rubble / Femi Osibona & Italian Architects At The Top Of Collapsed 21-Storey Building / The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by Hottdawgg: 3:05am On Nov 02, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
He was in the building, according to unconfirmed reports

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/11/01/femi-osibona-face-behind-collapsed-21-storey-building-in-ikoyi/%3famp=1

This doesn't look like a guy that will set out a 21storey building on a foundation meant for 4floors. It appears the real story behind this building collapse hasn't been told yet.

Meanwhile the other two nearby buildings should be demolished. There is no way he is getting buyers for them anyhow
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by newoffer: 4:44am On Nov 02, 2021
Go to Lagos island u will ask why is the govt not crashing those bad buildings immediately. So many structure are waiting to cause havoc in that area. Once you seal pls demolish immediately.
Lollittaa:
I blame the lagos state government for not demolishing that building right after it was sealed off. They had the duty to protect lives and failed at doing that. Unfortunately this is Nigeria where anything goes. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by ShoeShineGuy: 5:27am On Nov 02, 2021
SpatialKing:
Yoruba Engineer

Sometimes, I just wonder why you Nairaland tribalistic bigots and fanboys don't even pause to use your brains even if it's obviously limited in their capacity before spewing your thrash thoughts just the way you conceived them.

Like seriously, "Yoruba Engineer" is all what you can come up with on a national issue as serious as this? Do you even realise this guy will have associates in this same company who could have been from your tribe and from other tribes in the country. Do you even realise it's also possible they could have planned things rightly but the labourers might have short-changed plans due to how wicked some Nigerians can get without thinking about the repercussions of their actions?

Let me stop here and continue laughing at your foolishness as I always do when I see posts from monikers like you...

3 Likes

Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 02, 2021
SpatialKing:

He is a quack engineer from the SW

Bros you are a Yoruba boy. we know this trick to incite tribalistic arguments
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by 1stdammy: 5:44am On Nov 02, 2021
RIP TO THE DEAD, May God judge everyone accordingly.
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by Tizu(m): 6:11am On Nov 02, 2021
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by Nauttyprof(m): 6:17am On Nov 02, 2021
Iamicekid:
Look at building sef, u wan build 21 story building and yet no granite visible in the picture, tower wey be se the main content need is enough granite, Steel and cement u no even need sand unless for the blocks but Na so so sand and cement unna dey use all cause unna wan gain and cut cost, unna no go die well

Guy, stop this. You mean from the pictures you know the root cause of the collapse? Even experts in building collapse investigation will never conclude like this. You want to see granite from the pictures as if granites are boulders which can be visible anytime any day?

Besides, granite truly is the major component of concrete but please, don't misinterprete the details. A cubic meter has granite then, sand to fill the voids while cement acts as the binding agent. So, all are needed. This was how mix ratio was developed.

You can safely arrive at this conclusion of your until the right investigation is done.

It's so sad that this is happening in 21st century in Nigeria. May the souls of the departed rest in peace.
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by baconline(m): 6:18am On Nov 02, 2021
Lollittaa:
I blame the lagos state government for not demolishing that building right after it was sealed off. They had the duty to protect lives and failed at doing that. Unfortunately this is Nigeria where anything goes. undecided
Lagos state govt always seals any building once the paper work is not complete, once u can complete it i.e aprovals ajs permits etc it can be reopened.

1 Like

Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by yusluvad(m): 6:33am On Nov 02, 2021
The man don cast...
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by Blackdisciple(m): 6:37am On Nov 02, 2021
Someone has to take responsibility for that.
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by KefeeBRIGHT91(m): 6:45am On Nov 02, 2021
oluwaseunamos33:
Mtchewwww. Just waisted pples life, u get conscience so?

...omo, your WAIST no get conscience

1 Like

Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by Bahamas95(m): 6:45am On Nov 02, 2021
All they are after is to make money, they don't even care if it involves human lives...... Selfish people everywhere!
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by sematec(m): 6:58am On Nov 02, 2021
engineering errors are costly and always take lives
There shud be proper investigation for the cause of the collapse
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by cardoctor(m): 7:02am On Nov 02, 2021
Haaaa. Jesu
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by Babastrong(m): 7:10am On Nov 02, 2021
I commend the effort of the engineers that built OAU Buildings especially fajuyi hall, awolowo hall, amphi theatre, senate building, to mention but few.
those afore mentioned buildings stand like rocks.
i want to build 1000 three-bedroom flats in my town now but i'm afraid of these nigeria engineers.
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by DECLAN2015(m): 7:23am On Nov 02, 2021
SpatialKing:
Yoruba Engineer

F l
Put double oo their
That who you are.
I dont I have to guess
It is your trademark..
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by AdaJESUS1990: 7:32am On Nov 02, 2021
He also died in the collapse yesterday
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by authority2006(m): 7:46am On Nov 02, 2021
Nosayer:

I We would have blamed them for demolishing it too.
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by authority2006(m): 7:49am On Nov 02, 2021
SpatialKing:

He is a quack engineer and developer from the SW
SpatialKing:

Funny enough he Is one of the best in the region
SpatialKing:

Grow up and stop embarrassing yourself up and down. Damn!
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by SpatialKing(m): 7:53am On Nov 02, 2021
authority2006:

Grow up and stop embarrassing yourself up and down. Damn!
Stop quoting me.
If you can't stand the truth
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by Aarenaija: 8:07am On Nov 02, 2021
WiszyFraud:
He should be arrested

shocked

Unfortunately he was in the building at the time of collapse with some intended buyers. Even a senator was said to be there too.
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by drlateef: 8:11am On Nov 02, 2021
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:15am On Nov 02, 2021
SpatialKing:
Yoruba Engineer
What bring his ethnicity into this?
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by ComeToJesus: 8:26am On Nov 02, 2021
Sad. I learned that it was originally designed to be 15 floors but the Nigerian in him made it 21 floors.

I suspect that the remaining two towers that are still standing may have their structural integrity compromised. It may be an uphill task marketing the existing two if they escape the demolition squad.
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by Truvelisback(m): 8:27am On Nov 02, 2021
Lollittaa:
He must have give them paliatives be erection the building.
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by Tzar(m): 9:16am On Nov 02, 2021
Sadly Nigeria happened to him.
They told him to stay at 14storeys, he decided to go up to 21! I am sure some govt agents encouraged him. I don’t know how a 15storey limit building became 21 & nobody in the regulatory agencies noticed & stopped work on site?!!!!!
I am happy it is claimed that he was in the debris. Because if he isn’t, NOTHING will happen to him because he is highly placed. Hope it is not orchestrated propaganda tho & he was quietly evacuated from Nigeria. EVERYTHING is possible in that country!
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by euniquea(f): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2021
I know the guy that did the 3D ANIMATION... he is also a nairalander (mrdan)

Instagram (focus3imaging)
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by MDK777: 9:50am On Nov 02, 2021
Him Village People At Work.But Come o Have He Ever Build A 22Storey Building In Europe Before? Why Doing It In Nig? ;DHim Village People At Work.But Come o Have He Ever Build A 22Storey Building In Europe Before? Why Doing It In Nig?
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by lalax(m): 10:08am On Nov 02, 2021
Big lie... na ur VP get d house.

BeeBeeOoh:
He was in the building, according to unconfirmed reports

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/11/01/femi-osibona-face-behind-collapsed-21-storey-building-in-ikoyi/%3famp=1
Re: Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi by TheGift: 10:44am On Nov 02, 2021
WiszyFraud:
He should be arrested

shocked

Did He survive the collapse?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex / Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? / The History Of Stamped Concrete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.