Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry (4378 Views)

Just Sonnie - 'Taking Over' (Video) / 5 Trending Topics For January In The Nigeria Music Industry / Biggest Moments In Nigerian Music Industry In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by Ekealterego: 11:49pm On Nov 01, 2021
LegendHer0:

Yeah Emmanuela na em hold YouTube, these guys don’t come close to her views there.

Everybody get their own terrain I think.
And that's the thing about Appeal and the type of comedy one makes and the language.
The advantage for those who base their comedy mostly on verbal dialogue using a regional language, cues may find it harder to hit a national or global audience.

Emmanuella is not the funniest and I believe many Nigerians will find her comedy too simplistic and for children but on the global scale, in Asia, Africa and South America, most of them will kill for Emmanuella.

Another person with good numbers, Samspeedy (I believe he is from the west) gets more numbers than the others you have mentioned on YouTube but because of the language of his dialogue and the simplicity of his comedy, he is quite popular in Asia and Europe but I don't think nationally, everyone vibes to his comedy (I might be wrong)
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by bahdpersona(m): 11:49pm On Nov 01, 2021
Justmesagi:
Do the likes of Flavour produce their music in the West?
that's why his songs always dies in the east

1 Like

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by bahdpersona(m): 11:50pm On Nov 01, 2021
Justmesagi:
Do the likes of Flavour produce their music in the West?
his new song lEVEl is a miss not a hit if you ask me but the guy is very wise he released the video and featured big igbo men so the song might be the talk of the town

1 Like

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by agadez007(m): 11:50pm On Nov 01, 2021
bahdpersona:

When talking about streaming, you need to keep following music chart in Nigeria, Zlatan has more streaming counts than flavor, it's been a long time I see flavor or some other eastern singer songs topping music chart in Nigeria because he's a traditional singer with 'Akpurukoto purokoto' music style unlike Zlatan whose songs are played everywhere
these Yoruba people eh
below are the YouTube pages of zlatan and flavour,see the number of views there,in what planet does zlatan have more streaming than flavour
Compare and contrast

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by EraseTheDot: 11:54pm On Nov 01, 2021
Ekealterego:

Mbiama is in Engenni.... Engenni people are also a confused people...cos they are very small too... They are all comers when it comes to identification. They say they are from Bini but are brothers with Urhobo but follow Ijaw when it is convenient and then always have Igbo middle or surnames but hold firmly their Engenni independence. Well, I don't think they have more than 20k people in total.
Your low self-esteem is very pathetic. I am very delighted that the fraudulent eastern region got collapsed early enough. I wondered what could have happened to the minorities if it existed a bit longer. Imagine Hausas were as insane as you are, every hausa speaking community in the north and more than half of the entire north with an hausa name would have been claimed as Hausa or Hausoid.

- erase the dot
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by Justmesagi: 11:55pm On Nov 01, 2021
bahdpersona:
that's why he's songs always dies in the east
Be honest now haba. People all over Nigeria know flavour is a big musician.
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by bahdpersona(m): 11:56pm On Nov 01, 2021
agadez007:
these Yoruba people eh
below are the YouTube pages of zlatan and flavour,see the number of views there,in what planet does zlatan have more streaming than flavour
Compare and contrast
shame no dey catch you, flavour that's been in the industry for over 15years, just give Zlatan my boy some more years and see him overtaking flavour

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by LegendHer0: 11:57pm On Nov 01, 2021
Ekealterego:

And that's the thing about Appeal and the type of comedy one makes and the language.
The advantage for those who base their comedy mostly on verbal dialogue using a regional language, cues may find it harder to hit a national or global audience.

Emmanuella is not the funniest and I believe many Nigerians will find her comedy too simplistic and for children but on the global scale, in Asia, Africa and South America, most of them will kill for Emmanuella.

Another person with good numbers, Samspeedy (I believe he is from the west) gets more numbers than the others you have mentioned on YouTube but because of the language of his dialogue and the simplicity of his comedy, he is quite popular in Asia and Europe but I don't think nationally, everyone vibes to his comedy (I might be wrong)

Yeah you’re right. Using English will always give you a larger audience provided you are very good with what you do.

I only heard of Samspeedy from one guy like that and he’s not that popular within Nigeria. But he appeals more to the international space.

Emmanuela popular well for both local and international especially in the kid comedy genre. She’s just building up on the foundation that was set and that’s very nice of her.

One guy I like so much on YouTube is Kalistus, the guy is talented.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by Justmesagi: 11:58pm On Nov 01, 2021
agadez007:
these Yoruba people eh
Compare and contrast
Pls this is not about Yoruba. He clearly doesn't know what he is saying. Just correct him with facts.

1 Like

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by agadez007(m): 11:59pm On Nov 01, 2021
bahdpersona:
shame no dey catch you, flavour that's been in the industry for over 15years, just give Zlatan my boy some more years and see him overtaking flavour
You were the one that said that zlatan have more streamings than flavour,not me
And it’s gonna take your boy at least 20 years to catch up with flavour that is if mr flavour stops doing music
Even Ada Ada video has more views than zlatan’s whole carrier be
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by Justmesagi: 12:01am On Nov 02, 2021
LegendHer0:

Yeah you’re right. Using English will always give you a larger audience provided you are very good with what you do.

I only heard of Samspeedy from one guy like that and he’s not that popular within Nigeria. But he appeals more to the international space.

Emmanuela popular well for both local and international especially in the kid comedy genre. She’s just building up on the foundation that was set and that’s very nice of her.

One guy I like so much on YouTube is Kalistus, the guy is talented.
Samspeedy is from Osun.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by agadez007(m): 12:02am On Nov 02, 2021
Justmesagi:
Pls this is not about Yoruba. He clearly doesn't know what he is saying. Just correct him with facts.
that guy is just ignorant

1 Like

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by SpatialKing(m): 12:04am On Nov 02, 2021
Dsalvo:

Lets all be big enough to give credit where due without making excuses that cannot stand intellectual scrutiny.

Nothing to do with style bro. To put it in Naija-centric lingo, na the best music dey cross water.

That is what music produced by Yorubas does better than that other Nigerians produce. It appeals to the world outside Africa better.

That is why it is mainly Yorubas who are the bona-fide international superstars of Nigerian music.

No Briton will tell you some indy band, big in Manchester or the North of England alone, are bigger superstars than Stormzy, Seal or Amy Winehouse. Lets be real here bro.
Yoruba does do any better bro...
You only have geographical advantage because of Lagos
People like Wizkid, Adekunle Gold, Olamide and even 9ice are forced to change their styles from singing Yoruba native music to more acceptable music.
Other non Yoruba artists are doing better outside the country
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by GreatBoss: 12:04am On Nov 02, 2021
Burna boy is Ijaw.
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by Ekealterego: 12:05am On Nov 02, 2021
bahdpersona:

When talking about streaming, you need to keep following music chart in Nigeria, Zlatan has more streaming counts than flavor, it's been a long time I see flavor or some other eastern singer songs topping music chart in Nigeria because he's a traditional singer with 'Akpurukoto purokoto' music style unlike Zlatan whose songs are played everywhere
I am talking of global streaming from Videos... What streaming are you basing your numbers on. I am using YouTube as my own basis because it is universal and global. You can tell their performance internationally with YouTube.

Zlatan released Alubarika with Buju and Cho Cho with Davido and Mayorkun and two have done 3.5 million combined with all the star features. (this in the past 6 months)

Flavour released "Levels" just like 2-3 weeks ago and got 4 million views (no features). Then Berna nearing 14 million views.

So his last two videos from 4 MONTHS ago got almost 20 million views.

This is 6 times the number of Zlatan even with Davido, Mayorkun and Buju's star power from 6 MONTHS ago.

Brother, based on this analysis, you can see your numbers ain't right.
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by SpatialKing(m): 12:06am On Nov 02, 2021
agadez007:
You were the one that said that zlatan have more streamings than flavour,not me
And it’s gonna take your boy at least 20 years to catch up with flavour that is if mr flavour stops doing music
Even Ada Ada video has more views than zlatan’s whole carrier be
Please educate them...is not by overhyping artist

1 Like

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by EraseTheDot: 12:14am On Nov 02, 2021
LegendHer0:

Yeah Emmanuela na em hold YouTube, these guys don’t come close to her views there.

Everybody get their own terrain I think.
Abi o, everybody get e own terrain. But see them pushing ibo comedian down our throats, very anyhow pipu.
Emmanuela was the highest earner on YouTube while Maraji was the highest earner on Instagram. When a dumb person like the guy that quoted you talk about ' global audience', i want to ask, if Instagram is no longer global or incapable of generating global audience or is it only limited to some local geographical space?
Most of these guys on Instagram make their contents in Pidgin/English with which global audience can easily connect with, while a few make theirs in local languages.

- erase the dot

3 Likes

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by SpatialKing(m): 12:17am On Nov 02, 2021
Dsalvo:

Don't know about flavour mate. I am talking O2 Arena and dem big venue affairs bro. If Flavour played a UK Venue it would have to be small because mainly Igbos in the UK would show up. Same. For 9ice the Gongo Aso crooner. Na Yorubas go dey there.

Whereas Burna, Wizkid, Tems, Tiwa, Davido will pack out the biggest venues with a mixed crowd. That's what popular music, that creates superstars, is about.

Runtown has done okay in Africa especially collabos with artists like Sarkodie etal. Similar with Patoranking who is somewhat a dancehall phenomenon . They're not global though with broad appeal. That's the truth
What's is about O2 Arena?
If Flavour wants sold out and shut down 02 arena
He will do so he has the the international rep already.

Since you mentioned Tems and Tiwa let mention the following

1..Tyler, the Creator
2..Maxo Kream
3..Jidenna
4..Ahamefule Oluo
5..Jane Chika
6..Tinie Tempah
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by GreatBoss: 12:19am On Nov 02, 2021
Ijaw have
Timi Dakolo. Bayelsa Ijaw
Timaya Bayelsa Ijaw
Burna Boy. Rivers Ijaw
Harrysong Delta Ijaw
Mr 2kay Rivers Ijaw
etc.
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by SpatialKing(m): 12:19am On Nov 02, 2021
Ekealterego:

I am talking of global streaming from Videos... What streaming are you basing your numbers on. I am using YouTube as my own basis because it is universal and global. You can tell their performance internationally with YouTube.

Zlatan released Alubarika with Buju and Cho Cho with Davido and Mayorkun and two have done 3.5 million combined with all the star features. (this in the past 6 months)

Flavour released "Levels" just like 2-3 weeks ago and got 4 million views (no features). Then Berna nearing 14 million views.

So his last two videos from 4 MONTHS ago got almost 20 million views.

This is 6 times the number of Zlatan even with Davido, Mayorkun and Buju's star power from 6 MONTHS ago.

Brother, based on this analysis, you can see your numbers ain't right.

The day flavour decides to use that low budget O2 arena they are using to brag I'm sure the arena would collapse.
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by Ekealterego: 12:20am On Nov 02, 2021
EraseTheDot:

Your low self-esteem is very pathetic. I am very delighted that the fraudulent eastern region got collapsed early enough. I wondered what could have happened to the minorities if it existed a bit longer. Imagine Hausas were as insane as you are, every hausa speaking community in the north and more than half of the entire north with an hausa name would have been claimed as Hausa or Hausoid.

- erase the dot
As you can see, this thread is devoid of your ethnic ranting. Just people putting facts down.

By the way, my brother's fiance is from there... I had like a 3-4 hour call with her yesterday and her family. I knew many families from there before now.

She spoke her language and swore on earth's green earth that she is speaking an Urhobo and Edo language that she is not Ijaw. I know one prof from there (who lectured in Southy (his brother, was a conel in the army then and another Doctor (academic) from Jankrama I, although we never talked about their ethnic leaning because then, I didn't understand shit about all these ethnicity talk) and still a child basically.

But let's leave that matter for another day, don't be angry, if my assertions annoyed you
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by GreatBoss: 12:22am On Nov 02, 2021
Ekealterego:

As you can see, this thread is devoid of your ethnic ranting. Just people putting facts down.

By the way, my brother's fiance is from there... I had like a 3-4 hour call with her yesterday and her family. I knew many families from there before now.

She spoke her language and swore on earth's green earth that she is speaking an Urhobo and Edo language that she is not Ijaw. I know one prof from there (who lectured in Southy (his brother, was a conel in the army then and another Doctor (academic) from Jankrama I, although we never talked about their ethnic leaning because then, I didn't understand shit about all these ethnicity talk) and still a child basically.

But let's leave that matter for another day, don't be angry, if my assertions annoyed you

She's is as stupid as you.
She doesn't know her history.
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by GreatBoss: 12:23am On Nov 02, 2021
Ekealterego:

Why didn't they join Edo tribe associations but are in all Ijaw socia-cultural organizations without leaving one behind.
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by GreatBoss: 12:24am On Nov 02, 2021
Since Na u wan tell people their own history.
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by NaijirianKing: 12:30am On Nov 02, 2021
He is
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by after4: 12:51am On Nov 02, 2021
you? when have you said anything here without insult

Abdul05:
you don't even know to talk..

I often say here,
"Always express urself without an insult "
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by FisifunKododada: 1:52am On Nov 02, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Davido is from the SS, his mom is Edo and his dad is half Igbo half Yoruba. Davido is technically just as much Igbo as he is Yoruba, but he is mostly Edo, and therefore SS.

NaijirianKing:
He is 1/4 Yoruba, 1/4 Igbo and half Edo. Numbers don't lie.

grin grin grin grin grin Keep fooling yasef. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by 1490ninety: 7:25am On Nov 02, 2021
[s]
LegendHero:

You are 100% correct.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wonders Of God Official Video By Chinyere Euphemia Ft Pastor David Praise / Download everyday by 9ice to mobile / [music] Davido Ft Wizkid - Balling Like Hot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.