Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry (4382 Views)

Just Sonnie - 'Taking Over' (Video) / 5 Trending Topics For January In The Nigeria Music Industry / Biggest Moments In Nigerian Music Industry In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by 1490ninety: 7:28am On Nov 02, 2021
[s]
LegendHero:

I like that Omah Lay. That guy get unique sound.

Just like Kiss Daniel when he came to the limelight. You’ll always know those kind of guys will blow.
[/s]
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by 1490ninety: 7:28am On Nov 02, 2021
[s]
LegendHero:

You forgot Dbanj. That guy was also very instrumental in the international acceptance of Naija music.

Them Wiz, Burna, Davido come seal am patapata.
[/s]
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by 1490ninety: 7:31am On Nov 02, 2021
[s]
LegendHero:

I’m talking about international and local reach. I know all tribes got their own kinda style, but if you’re trying to gauge the success with international acceptance and reach of those music, the West hold a clear lead.

All those Fuji, Juju, Afro and Indigenous Yoruba beats been making waves internationally even before current era. They even independently won Grammies and nominations also.

You’re talking of:
Babatunde Olatunji
Sikiru Adepoju
Lakan Babalola
Ebenezer Obey
King Sunny Ade
Fela Kuti
Barrister during those Fuji garbage era.
And etc.
[/s]
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by 1490ninety: 7:40am On Nov 02, 2021
[s]
LegendHero:
South south guys are coming up truly. Burna is already a giant and Omah Lay & Rema are making waves.

But I don’t think the SS can unseat the West anytime soon.

The West have always been the music powerhouse coz it’s part of the culture. Shey ba Juju, Fuji, Apala, Afro Pop, anything wey you wan talk.

[/s]
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 02, 2021
SpatialKing:

Yoruba does do any better bro...
You only have geographical advantage because of Lagos
People like Wizkid, Adekunle Gold, Olamide and even 9ice are forced to change their styles from singing Yoruba native music to more acceptable music.
Other non Yoruba artists are doing better outside the country

Lol. Seriously? No point trying to have a sensible convo with your sort. Not possible. Your anti-Yoruba 'coding' and brainwashing is too toxic and offensively odious.

4 Likes

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by SpatialKing(m): 8:43am On Nov 02, 2021
Dsalvo:

Lol. Seriously? No point trying to have a sensible convo with your sort. Not possible. Your anti-Yoruba 'coding' and brainwashing is too toxic and offensively odious.
You are the one forcing Pro Yoruba on us..
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 02, 2021
SpatialKing:

You are the one forcing Pro Yoruba on us..

If I said Yorubas produce the richest and most successful lawyers in Nigeria, would that be "forcing pro Yoruba" on you or a statement of fact?

Ogbeni, please go and sit down. We all have our prejudices and bias but I can't stand people who cannot defer to proven facts, reality and accurate statistics.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by SpatialKing(m): 9:27am On Nov 02, 2021
Dsalvo:

If I said Yorubas produce the richest and most successful lawyers in Nigeria, would that be "forcing pro Yoruba" on you or a statement of fact?

Ogbeni, please go and sit down. We all have our prejudices and bias but I can't stand people who cannot defer to proven facts, reality and accurate statistics.
Which on is Yorubas produce the richest and most successful lawyers in Nigeria?.... You have started again

Please swallow your useless facts
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 02, 2021
SpatialKing:

Which on is Yorubas produce the richest and most successful lawyers in Nigeria?.... You have started again

Please swallow your useless facts

Can you think expansively at all? It is a frigging relational example strenghtening the arguments that some utterances are a statement of fact and not something to dismiss or argue about pettily because you feel ethnically slighted or inferior.

You're the one doing your best to rubbish the statement of fact that, without dispute, the biggest Nigerian international music superstars are Yorubas. You even make silly excuses about "Lagos advantage". Dude, are you for real?

Woukd it not be easier to just give Yorubas credit for excelling in certain areas? Will doing that take anything away from you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by RichardRandy: 12:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
agadez007:
it is wrong to use zlatan and good in the same sentence,I know you don’t want to come across as a tribalist that’s why you are being lenient with zlatan,the guy is just a noise maker,if it weren’t for Yoruba media them hype he would be on the same level as speed darlington
Imagine ckay broke records all over the world and nobody is talking about it all because he is not one oladele or babatunde

This alone shows proves my point valid that Yoruba's dominating music in Nigeria is all media hype and nothing more... Put them on level grounds with others they won't do shit
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 13, 2021
Really enjoyed the discussion here, except when it turned tribal.
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by kurjeg: 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
I like both Eastern and Western performers. I think this competition has led to the improvement of performers' music. After all, to prove that you are better, you have to beat the competition, and they develop. I listen to all their new tracks on Latest Tamil Mp3 Songs. Of course, some artists are just a parody of Western music. But these are just exceptions.
Most of all, I like eastern melodies in music. Because their rhythm is very melodic, and the songs are lovely and incendiary. And I also like it when the artists change their style. It shows their individuality. So I like to listen to both eastern and western songs.

1 Like

Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by Justmesagi: 4:25pm On Jan 20, 2022
kurjeg:
I like both Eastern and Western performers. I think this competition has led to the improvement of performers' music. After all, to prove that you are better, you have to beat the competition, and they develop. I listen to all their new tracks on Latest Tamil Mp3 Songs. Of course, some artists are just a parody of Western music. But these are just exceptions.
Most of all, I like eastern melodies in music. Because their rhythm is very melodic, and the songs are lovely and incendiary. And I also like it when the artists change their style. It shows their individuality. So I like to listen to both eastern and western songs.
Nice.
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by ForumNL(m): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2022
I read through this thread and all I can say is that this thread is full of old people, these people are living in the past

There are hundreds of musicians not mentioned and they keep mentioning some... Lemme not talk grin grin grin
Re: South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry by Justmesagi: 4:40am On Aug 29, 2022
ForumNL:
I read through this thread and all I can say is that this thread is full of old people, these people are living in the past

There are hundreds of musicians not mentioned and they keep mentioning some... Lemme not talk grin grin grin
Feel free, sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Instrumental: Adekunle Gold – Before You Wake Up / Katy Perry Ft Nicki Minaj_swish Swish Mp3 Download / Download Complete Solar Plexus By Marvin Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.