Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) (68463 Views)

Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse / Ebute-Meta Building Tenants Given Quit Notice Before Collapse - Caretaker / Lagos School Building: Before Collapse And After The Collapse (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by HonNL: 8:36am On Nov 02, 2021
The Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, early last month, went on an assessment tour alongside developer, Femi Osibona to the building that collapsed yesterday.

This was shared via facebook by Telu Initiatives-Greater Iwo Empire on October 9, 2021.

Oluwo on an assessment visit to one of the best Africa Homes, under construction by the renowned developer, Femi Osibona of Fourscore Homes in Gerald road, Ikoyi. The 22 storey building 360 degree home is an access to have a full capacity glance at the whole heart of lagos.

Femi Osibona is one of the pride of African in giving the continent an enviable outlook. Getting apartment in centre Lagos is as prestigious as those of advanced countries

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by HonNL: 8:37am On Nov 02, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by SportsHD: 8:40am On Nov 02, 2021
Damn niggar.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Loxleyy(m): 8:43am On Nov 02, 2021
Lucky Man

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Reformerss: 8:45am On Nov 02, 2021
Look at the cracked walls and it's dilapidated state self. I'm not surprised.

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Tenim: 8:46am On Nov 02, 2021

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by crafteck(m): 8:46am On Nov 02, 2021
Have you heard about the frog in a pot?
A frog has a natural ability to adjust its body temperature according to the environment in order to survive, here's the story about the frog in a pot

The heat below the pot was increased so 60° and the Frog adjusted it was surviving

The heat were increased to 70 degrees the Frog adjusted and it was surviving

The heat was increased to 100 degrees the Frog couldn't adjust again and it was too late to jump out because it has spent all its energy adjusting

The frog are nigerians who assume they will keep adjusting to increasingly difficult situations instead of fighting or escaping

The pot is UAR

the fire is economy, government policies, social and health infrastructures

THE COOK....APC,PDP,ETC OUR OLD LEADERS.

170 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by slawormiir: 8:46am On Nov 02, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Oluwo get luck

Reformerss:
Our civil abi structural engineers nor sabi anything....
Na those electronics and electrical engineers worse...

Those ones nor even know wetin be cable glanding not to talk of doing it...

Everytime na expatriate we dey call on

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by DisLifeSha: 8:46am On Nov 02, 2021
This man get luck. He no go ever visit this type of building for he life again

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by inoki247: 8:46am On Nov 02, 2021
ok
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by ogododo: 8:46am On Nov 02, 2021
HonNL:
The Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, early last month, went on an assessment tour alongside developer, Femi Osibona to the building that collapsed yesterday.

This was shared via facebook by Telu Initiatives-Greater Iwo Empire on October 9, 2021.

Columns dey too thin to carry those loads.

7 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by hisexcellency34: 8:46am On Nov 02, 2021
Even if Oluwo was there yesterday and the building collapse, he can't die. Na to disappear to Osun state

19 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Fenezols: 8:46am On Nov 02, 2021
Okay
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Annie001: 8:46am On Nov 02, 2021
May the souls of the departed rest in perfect peace.

5 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by BIGDADDY000(m): 8:46am On Nov 02, 2021
Perhaps that's the reason why LASG remove the ban on the project

because of those people behind it, They should thanks their destiny

that they were not a victim, it would have been of another story.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by younglleo: 8:46am On Nov 02, 2021
Lucky man!
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Officialgarri: 8:46am On Nov 02, 2021
Reformerss:
what cracked wall are you talking about? What makes you think you can always tell the failure of a building from it's physical appearance?

The failure of this building could stem from the sub structure. Probably a poor soil test and at the same time, there might be extension of the number of floors which could be too much load than what the foundation was initially designed for.

No be everything be poor material as laymen are made to believe

157 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Divoc19(f): 8:46am On Nov 02, 2021
Lucky them.
When it's not your time nothing can take you
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by bibiking7(m): 8:47am On Nov 02, 2021

I read that 15 storey was approved but he built 21. The foundation done might have not been strong enough for that building. I doubt if they cut cost on materials in high rise building construction. It's too risky. Unless the developer did not monitor the material supply adequately. Too bad.

11 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Sabadon(m): 8:47am On Nov 02, 2021
Disaster averted for them
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Gunboysavage(m): 8:47am On Nov 02, 2021
Rip to the dead.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by opalu: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2021
I am so pained very well.
This year alone I know how many buildings I gave the quotation to clients and they complained of high price and gave to cheap road side contractors.
Quality comes with a cost. A client gave me funds to build foundation, we had agreed on the price and he paid me. When constructing he saw that I made it X3 higher than what he expected he became angry. I told him I am a COREN Certified Structural Engineer, and I have a whole profession to protect and my name also.
He insisted i reduce it i said never. If i reduce it, i would save some millions for myself since he had already paid me, but i wont be able to sleep at night. That was how when I finished the Ground floor (german floor), he gave the work to another eager Engineer willing to do whatever he says.

The case of Ikoyi is a different thing because the soil of Ikoyi is extremely WEAK. But the land is extremely EXPENSIVE. That is an irony.
Lekki on the other hand is mostly sandy. And sand has good Engineering properties especially sharp sand

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Maxymilliano(m): 8:47am On Nov 02, 2021
Femi Osibona is one of the pride of African in giving the continent an enviable outlook.

We can now see the outcome of the enviable outlook Mr Femi Osibona is giving Africa

25 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by MikeMicheal(m): 8:47am On Nov 02, 2021
That building collapsed at the wrong time.

See the yeye head it would have collapse on, it didnt.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by gasparpisciotta: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2021
Why

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by hisexcellency34: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2021
na so Oluwo for kpai

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Shetemi12(m): 8:47am On Nov 02, 2021
Omoh... God save am
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by tutudesz: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2021
Iwo marriage collapse and Femi building collapse, friendship of collapse undecided
RIP to the dead and quick recovery to the wounded

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Harrynight(m): 8:47am On Nov 02, 2021
shocked

Why are people tracing the collapse Building to the king's visit to the site Since last month?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Residents Enter Their Home With Ladder In Benin City (Photo) / Driver Weeps As His Passenger Is Trapped In The Ikoyi Collapsed Building / Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.