Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,909 members, 7,835,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) (68487 Views)

Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse / Victims Killed In Lagos Building Collapse (Photos) / Lagos School Building: Before Collapse And After The Collapse (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by bablon20(m): 9:05am On Nov 02, 2021
Foolish govt that has no regard for human lives, they are not even talking about the dead and the injured whose only fault were to look for their daily bread. If it were to be in a saner clime the family of the victims are in wealth because the company will be made to compensate the families with all its life savings until it has no more savings in its bank account.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Miller232: 9:05am On Nov 02, 2021
hisexcellency34:
Even if Oluwo was there yesterday and the building collapse, he can't die. Na to disappear to Osun state

Lol dey whine ursef if he like carry the whole jazz enter that building e go collapse join with him juju

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by tophumble(m): 9:05am On Nov 02, 2021
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by brandsoncharlie: 9:07am On Nov 02, 2021
IBtxo:

Terrible job. Look at how the beam sagged and the visibly poor concrete mixture?
LOL. grin grin please stop embarrassing yourself, sagging or hogging usually occurs in every beam when a load is applied.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by muheeb01(m): 9:07am On Nov 02, 2021
Preventable disaster
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by MrJames007: 9:07am On Nov 02, 2021
It’s better it collapsed now than when hundreds of people would have stayed in the building.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Josipov: 9:11am On Nov 02, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Oluwo get luck

Our civil abi structural engineers nor sabi anything....
Na those electronics and electrical engineers worse...

Those ones nor even know wetin be cable glanding not to talk of doing it...

Everytime na expatriate we dey call on

That's not true Sir... Tell our architects to stop being greedy and to stop venturing into tasks that are meant for structural engineers.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by crafteck(m): 9:11am On Nov 02, 2021
Phrankin:
Nigerians are too 'resilient' for my liking.

It might be too late when they wake up
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by techWriter3: 9:12am On Nov 02, 2021
peek at the ripped facades and it's dilapidated federal yourself. I'm not surprised.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by seunfape(m): 9:13am On Nov 02, 2021
Material testing problem m
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Pataricatering(f): 9:14am On Nov 02, 2021
bibiking7:

I read that 15 storey was approved but he built 21. The foundation done might have not been strong enough for that building. I doubt if they cut cost on materials in high rise building construction. It's too risky. Unless the developer did not monitor the material supply adequately. Too bad.

dude was calculating 1.2 million dollars multiplied by 12 - nothing else
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Valuc: 9:15am On Nov 02, 2021
No wonder they had the gut to exceed the approved storey building... Na Dem Dem get the building ...
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by BabaO2: 9:15am On Nov 02, 2021
Every evidence is pointing to vindictiveness, sabotage, envy and must pull-down syndrome
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Oscarzico: 9:16am On Nov 02, 2021
This is greedynes for God sake the owner of the the building cos all this according to Lagos State building management an approval of 15 story building was giving to them at the site along the way the owner change the contractor and make it 21 story building that what cos this for God sake.RIP for the dead.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Themandator: 9:17am On Nov 02, 2021
K...... Another version says it belongs to a preacher...who owns the place
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Bigchristo: 9:18am On Nov 02, 2021
Tenim:
He's lucky it didn't collapse on that day. Look at them, no protective measures whatsoever, inside a construction site.
The only company in Nigeria the put safety first before production are oil companies, both civil builders and road construction workers always feel like you’re punishing them when you ask them to put on their personal protective equipment (PPE)

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by derecho(m): 9:18am On Nov 02, 2021
Antoeni:
Narrow Escape,
Unfortunately Non of Our So Called
G Os, Prophets ,Apostles, Bishops, Saw This Mishap Coming and Pray to Advert it
Abeg na Wetin concern Prophets and Bishops for this mata? Do you need a Prophet to tell you say if you no baf for 14days say you go dey smell?
If a prophet tells you on that a building with a faulty foundation will collapse, will you call that a prophecy?
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Bluntemperor: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2021
Officialgarri:
what cracked wall are you talking about? What makes you think you can always tell the failure of a building from it's physical appearance?

The failure of this building could stem from the sub structure. Probably a poor soil test and at the same time, there might be extension of the number of floors which could be too much load than what the foundation was initially designed for.

No be everything be poor material as laymen are made to believe

You are on point!
Most comments on this subject are not objectively done with professionalism and because it's in public domain,just overlooked them and pass on!
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by naijapips04: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2021
Officialgarri:
what cracked wall are you talking about? What makes you think you can always tell the failure of a building from it's physical appearance?

The failure of this building could stem from the sub structure. Probably a poor soil test and at the same time, there might be extension of the number of floors which could be too much load than what the foundation was initially designed for.

most times you can tell from the physical appereans. A non compact soil will show cracks in the wall at least days before collapse.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by ba7man(m): 9:19am On Nov 02, 2021
HonNL:
The Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, early last month, went on an assessment tour alongside developer, Femi Osibona to the building that collapsed yesterday.

This was shared via facebook by Telu Initiatives-Greater Iwo Empire on October 9, 2021.

From the last pix, the shoddy nature of the job is evident.

Just take a look at the size of columns and beams supposed to carry a 22 storey building.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Biggers82(m): 9:20am On Nov 02, 2021
Nigeria is a zoo country this are buildings you see in London and USA but here in Nigeria this is a death trap. Using local materials to build this kind of house what a shame
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by vickydevoka(m): 9:23am On Nov 02, 2021
Officialgarri:

No mind am. Crack wall no even mean say na poor material. Thunder storm de crack wall
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Bluntemperor: 9:23am On Nov 02, 2021
opalu:
I am so pained very well.
This year alone I know how many buildings I gave the quotation to clients and they complained of high price and gave to cheap road side contractors.
Quality comes with a cost. A client gave me funds to build foundation, we had agreed on the price and he paid me. When constructing he saw that I made it X3 higher than what he expected he became angry. I told him I am a COREN Certified Structural Engineer, and I have a whole profession to protect and my name also.
He insisted i reduce it i said never. If i reduce it, i would save some millions for myself since he had already paid me, but i wont be able to sleep at night. That was how when I finished the Ground floor (german floor), he gave the work to another eager Engineer willing to do whatever he says.

The case of Ikoyi is a different thing because the soil of Ikoyi is extremely WEAK. But the land is extremely EXPENSIVE. That is an irony.
Lekki on the other hand is mostly sandy. And sand has good Engineering properties especially sharp sand

Don't worry bro,it looks from their angle the owner is wise and made you looked foolish but hang on to your Professionalism,as your time will soon come!
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by MENELIIK: 9:27am On Nov 02, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Lol
Afonja king don disguise go bury December juju for the foundation.

Fear Afonja e get why

Osu, I know you will showcase your stupid*ty as usual and if you are hit, you will start crying they hate us

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Sonyboom765: 9:28am On Nov 02, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Lol

Fear Afonja e get why
Many of you Igbos are cursed till eternity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by habeeb246(m): 9:29am On Nov 02, 2021
opalu:
I am so pained very well.
This year alone I know how many buildings I gave the quotation to clients and they complained of high price and gave to cheap road side contractors.
Quality comes with a cost. A client gave me funds to build foundation, we had agreed on the price and he paid me. When constructing he saw that I made it X3 higher than what he expected he became angry. I told him I am a COREN Certified Structural Engineer, and I have a whole profession to protect and my name also.
He insisted i reduce it i said never. If i reduce it, i would save some millions for myself since he had already paid me, but i wont be able to sleep at night. That was how when I finished the Ground floor (german floor), he gave the work to another eager Engineer willing to do whatever he says.

The case of Ikoyi is a different thing because the soil of Ikoyi is extremely WEAK. But the land is extremely EXPENSIVE. That is an irony.
Lekki on the other hand is mostly sandy. And sand has good Engineering properties especially sharp sand
you mean lekki land is Good ??
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by seyz91(m): 9:30am On Nov 02, 2021
cheesy
crafteck:
Have you heard about the frog in a pot?
A frog has a natural ability to adjust its body temperature according to the environment in order to survive, here's the story about the frog in a pot

The heat below the pot was increased so 60° and the Frog adjusted it was surviving

The heat were increased to 70 degrees the Frog adjusted and it was surviving

The heat was increased to 100 degrees the Frog couldn't adjust again and it was too late to jump out because it has spent all its energy adjusting

The frog are nigerians who assume they will keep adjusting to increasingly difficult situations instead of fighting or escaping

The pot is UAR

the fire is economy, government policies, social and health infrastructures

THE COOK....APC,PDP,ETC OUR OLD LEADERS.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by grandstar(m): 9:30am On Nov 02, 2021
Why do Nigerians love having pot bellies?
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by seyz91(m): 9:31am On Nov 02, 2021
cheesy
DoggoneDogg:
Lol

Fear Afonja e get why

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

RCCG Trinity Tower, Lagos In Pictures / Residents Enter Their Home With Ladder In Benin City (Photo) / Rich People In Nigeria In Year 2000 vrs 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.