Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) (68476 Views)

Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse / Ebute-Meta Building Tenants Given Quit Notice Before Collapse - Caretaker / Lagos School Building: Before Collapse And After The Collapse (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by ba7man(m): 9:32am On Nov 02, 2021
Josipov:

That's not true Sir... Tell our architects to stop being greedy and to stop venturing into tasks that are meant for structural engineers.
An architect is top of the chain in construction.

Why would a sane architect want to come down to designing structure?
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by euniquea(f): 9:44am On Nov 02, 2021
I know the guy that did the 3D ANIMATION... he is also a nairalander (mrdan)

Instagram (focus3imaging)

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 02, 2021
Officialgarri:
what cracked wall are you talking about? What makes you think you can always tell the failure of a building from it's physical appearance?

The failure of this building could stem from the sub structure. Probably a poor soil test and at the same time, there might be extension of the number of floors which could be too much load than what the foundation was initially designed for.

No be everything be poor material as laymen are made to believe

Thank you o. Some people would just be talking anyhow.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by juman(m): 9:49am On Nov 02, 2021
He went to him to beg for money as usual.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 02, 2021
MikeMicheal:
That building collapsed at the wrong time.

See the yeye head it would have collapse on, it didnt.

gasparpisciotta:
Why the building no collapse for dem head

Are you the next to the throne? grin

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by juman(m): 9:57am On Nov 02, 2021
People at the top have more chance to survive.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Josipov: 9:58am On Nov 02, 2021
ba7man:
An architect is top of the chain in construction.

Why would a sane architect want to come down to designing structure?

From your reply, I dicern that you're an architect (sane one I believe).
You should be asking your erring colleagues that question and not me.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Pataricatering(f): 9:59am On Nov 02, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

LOL. grin grin please stop embarrassing yourself, sagging or hogging usually occurs in every beam when a load is applied.
how is he embarrassing himself though? Its normal for a layman , if he was an engineer its a different thing entirely . If you are an engineer or someone with some technical expertise just correct him and move on..
not puffed up with pride and trying to humiliate him for something thats normal to view a certain way if you don't know much about it !
That's just juvenile behaviour , abeg .. do better.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by ogododo: 10:00am On Nov 02, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

It is not about being too thin.
Some columns can be thin but if the structure is design to carry such load it will.
There should be a proper assessment to why the building collapsed
I passed banana Island area yesterday saw de rumble as we dey holdup.

From the existing structures those loads no dey evenly distributed. Slender ratio and buckling effects bros.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by ogododo: 10:01am On Nov 02, 2021
Pataricatering:
how is he embarrassing himself though? Its normal for a layman , if he was an engineer its a different thing entirely . If you are an engineer or someone with some technical expertise just correct him and move on..
not puffed up with pride and trying to humiliate him for something thats normal to view a certain way if you don't know much about it !
That's just juvenile behaviour , abeg .. do better.

De man no sabi say I know wetin I dey talk.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Pataricatering(f): 10:03am On Nov 02, 2021
derecho:
Abeg na Wetin concern Prophets and Bishops for this mata? Do you need a Prophet to tell you say if you no baf for 14days say you go dey smell?
If a prophet tells you on that a building with a faulty foundation will collapse, will you call that a prophecy?
its not his fault , oga . Maybe the bishops and prophets should stop disgracing themselves with stupid end of year predictions ! No be wetin we know them for be dat ?
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Nauttyprof(m): 10:07am On Nov 02, 2021
ogododo:

Columns dey too thin to carry those loads.

Did you design the structure?
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Tutu19: 10:07am On Nov 02, 2021
Leave Mata. Nigerians are always cutting corners. I am sure it is poor materials that led to the collapse. Where they are supposed to use 100bags of cement, workers would steal 60 and use 40. The same thing with the rods etc. We have a demon of stealing and corruption in us in this useless country called Nigeria.
Officialgarri:
what cracked wall are you talking about? What makes you think you can always tell the failure of a building from it's physical appearance?

The failure of this building could stem from the sub structure. Probably a poor soil test and at the same time, there might be extension of the number of floors which could be too much load than what the foundation was initially designed for.

No be everything be poor material as laymen are made to believe
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Nauttyprof(m): 10:09am On Nov 02, 2021
ogododo:

I passed banana Island area yesterday saw de rumble as we dey holdup.

From the existing structures those loads no dey evenly distributed. Slender ratio and buckling effects bros.

Bros, take it easy. How do you know that they are not evenly distributed when you didn't design the structure?

Is an evenly distributed load known by viewing the structure or checking the design itself?
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Nauttyprof(m): 10:13am On Nov 02, 2021
ogododo:

De man no sabi say I know wetin I dey talk.

The guy is right a structural member deflects under load, that's why reinforcements are introduced. The deflection won't be noticeable by just views but it is there.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by izubext007: 10:35am On Nov 02, 2021
At the last picture wen the oba is leaving, imagine how he run if it was that day he visited the site that the building collapse. Just imagine.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Tareq1105: 10:46am On Nov 02, 2021
Social media kabiyesi wearing royal crown to construction site. A crown that supposed to be wore on ceremonial periods.

That's what you get when kids, who settled the kingmakers to become kings, are made Kings.

He wore royal crown from Iwo in Osun State to inspect a property in far Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by yetunsbay(m): 11:01am On Nov 02, 2021
hisexcellency34:
Even if Oluwo was there yesterday and the building collapse, he can't die. Na to disappear to Osun state
disappear keh ! This one na new sch king oo grin
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by duduade: 11:07am On Nov 02, 2021
Maxymilliano:

We can now see the outcome of the enviable outlook Mr Femi Osibona is giving Africa

Exactly

Awon oponu
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Testimony1988(m): 11:07am On Nov 02, 2021
Reformerss:
Look at the cracked walls and it's dilapidated state self. I'm not surprised.
That's true.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by nick50(m): 11:16am On Nov 02, 2021
Afonja and fake things
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by 27Pushing30: 11:31am On Nov 02, 2021
crafteck:
Have you heard about the frog in a pot?
A frog has a natural ability to adjust its body temperature according to the environment in order to survive, here's the story about the frog in a pot

The heat below the pot was increased so 60° and the Frog adjusted it was surviving

The heat were increased to 70 degrees the Frog adjusted and it was surviving

The heat was increased to 100 degrees the Frog couldn't adjust again and it was too late to jump out because it has spent all its energy adjusting

The frog are nigerians who assume they will keep adjusting to increasingly difficult situations instead of fighting or escaping

The pot is UAR

the fire is economy, government policies, social and health infrastructures

THE COOK....APC,PDP,ETC OUR OLD LEADERS.
...And young youths. Stop exempting the youth like we are saints
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by janga02(m): 11:42am On Nov 02, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Oluwo get luck

Our civil abi structural engineers nor sabi anything....
Na those electronics and electrical engineers worse...

Those ones nor even know wetin be cable glanding not to talk of doing it...

Everytime na expatriate we dey call on

You are calling baba kabiru that learnt wiring by the road side Electrical and Electronics engineer?

I believe you are a graduate........
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by derecho(m): 11:48am On Nov 02, 2021
Pataricatering:
its not his fault , oga . Maybe the bishops and prophets should stop disgracing themselves with stupid end of year predictions ! No be wetin we know them for be dat ?
So if "we" know some Nigerians as scammers, every Nigerian na scammer? That would be too simplistic na.
Secondly, na only dem dey "forewarn" pipu? Soothsayers, seers and babalawo no dey we contri again.
That said, there are true prophecies howbeit it's not for show and not all is for the public.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Abudu2000(m): 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2021
I know my oba will never be caught hanging out with corrupt,incompetent and unlicensed individuals.

Oba gha topere, iseh
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by fizzycozy(m): 12:09pm On Nov 02, 2021
THAT BEING THE CASE THERE SHOULD BE REGULATIONS AS REGARDS THE TYPE OF BUILDING BUILT IN CERTAIN AREAS. B
UILDINGGS IN CERTAIN AREAS SHOULD BE DESIGNED ACCORDING TO THE LOAD THE SOIL CAN CARRY.
I BELIEVE IN DEVELOPED NATIONS THAT IS ALWAYS THE CASE AS YOU WOULD MOST TIMES FIND IDENTICAL BUILDING CLOGGING A PERTICULAR AREA AND ONE WOULDNT HELP BUT WONDER IF THEY WERE ALL OWNED BY A SINGLE PERSON.
opalu:
I am so pained very well.
This year alone I know how many buildings I gave the quotation to clients and they complained of high price and gave to cheap road side contractors.
Quality comes with a cost. A client gave me funds to build foundation, we had agreed on the price and he paid me. When constructing he saw that I made it X3 higher than what he expected he became angry. I told him I am a COREN Certified Structural Engineer, and I have a whole profession to protect and my name also.
He insisted i reduce it i said never. If i reduce it, i would save some millions for myself since he had already paid me, but i wont be able to sleep at night. That was how when I finished the Ground floor (german floor), he gave the work to another eager Engineer willing to do whatever he says.

The case of Ikoyi is a different thing because the soil of Ikoyi is extremely WEAK. But the land is extremely EXPENSIVE. That is an irony.
Lekki on the other hand is mostly sandy. And sand has good Engineering properties especially sharp sand
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by ogododo: 12:19pm On Nov 02, 2021
Nauttyprof:

Bros, take it easy. How do you know that they are not evenly distributed when you didn't design the structure?

Is an evenly distributed load known by viewing the structure or checking the design itself?

De wey the building came down. Said alot, passed dere few minutes it came. No live loads apart from workers and possibly welding and drilling equipment.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 12:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
crafteck:
Have you heard about the frog in a pot?
A frog has a natural ability to adjust its body temperature according to the environment in order to survive, here's the story about the frog in a pot

The heat below the pot was increased so 60° and the Frog adjusted it was surviving

The heat were increased to 70 degrees the Frog adjusted and it was surviving

The heat was increased to 100 degrees the Frog couldn't adjust again and it was too late to jump out because it has spent all its energy adjusting

The frog are nigerians who assume they will keep adjusting to increasingly difficult situations instead of fighting or escaping

The pot is UAR

the fire is economy, government policies, social and health infrastructures

THE COOK....APC,PDP,ETC OUR OLD LEADERS.

Nice story/analogy bt no single solutions.

Also new leader are not saints either so the solution has to be has to be more than just being old or new skol.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo & Femi Osibona At Building Weeks Before Collapse (Photos) by Givmore(m): 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2021
[quote author=HonNL post=107262637]The Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, early last month, went on an assessment tour alongside developer, Femi Osibona to the building that collapsed yesterday.

I wish the building collapsed that day!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rich People In Nigeria In Year 2000 vrs 2024 / Residents Enter Their Home With Ladder In Benin City (Photo) / Driver Weeps As His Passenger Is Trapped In The Ikoyi Collapsed Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.