Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:01 PM

Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience (1800 Views)

My Conscience No Gree Me Rest / Am Scared Of Bleeping Her My Conscience Will Not Allow Me!!! / My Conscience Is Judging Me. Please Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by Anonymoususher: 9:53am On Nov 02, 2021
Good morning!

Please I will try as much as possible to be brief.

I am into business, electronics to be precise and this friend of mine from a distant state called for a gadget. We discussed and agreed price (N95,000) which my profit is 15,000.

Upon agreeing price, he told me to write N155,000 on the receipt as what he bought. I did as he requested.

I sent the gadget to his location and about two weeks later the real buyer called the number on the receipt, I found out it is his father he bought it for and the father complained that he doesn't like it, I was like OK, speak with your son to call me.

The son called, we agreed and the gadget was returned back after two weeks. Additional 10k was added by the son to get the specification the father requested for and before sending the gadget back, I took several pictures and videos and sent directly to the father and he approved it that it is what he wants. We finalized and I sent the gadget to the father directly this time as requested by the both of them (father and son).

It took about two months and the father called me again saying he wants to return the gadget back. I was like what happened? Is it faulty?

He said No, that he hasnt used the gadget since I sent it and reason is because he doesn't like it. I was like, if you didn't like it why not send it back as quickly as possible since it is fairly used. You kept it with you for two months and now wants to return it.

The father said, he is willing to add up money to get another one, I referred him back to his son, because I did business with his son not him.

After everything, I told the father that I won't be accepting the gadget and he shouldn't send it back because it is UK used I bought from another dealer and warranty (two weeks provided there is an issue) for return has long passed.

Now the father feels I cheated his son and gave him a cheap product for a high amount when in actual sense, I sold at normal rate.

How should I handle this issue, because my conscience already disturbs me for writing a different amount I sold on the receipt based on the son's request... Though I didn't know the transaction that happened between father and son or how much the son actually billed the father until after I sold my product
Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by greymiles: 10:01am On Nov 02, 2021
lol. The father should think whatever he choose to think
You can’t be a successful businessman with a cheap heart
But what do I know about conscience, I think Righteousness2 is the right person to ask this question

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by EmptyGarden(m): 10:16am On Nov 02, 2021
That's not your conscience, it's the devil lieing to you. You did nothing wrong. Let the father and son settle themselves. The man wants to take advantage of you, how many things has he successfully returned to seller 2 months after buying items? Simply because he doesn't like them anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 02, 2021
Business is business bro

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by garriAndsugar: 10:18am On Nov 02, 2021
You should have wrote the original amount..

Stop cutting corners to please anybody..

What if the man returned it and asked for a refund??

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by Pweetiedude(m): 10:20am On Nov 02, 2021
Wetin be your own OP. He should sort it out with his son.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by TMTR: 10:20am On Nov 02, 2021
Tell him to channel his grievance to his son and call his son and warn to tell his father to stop disturbing you or else you are going to spill the beans about how he told you to write an amount different from what you sold the gadget to him.

You can't be taking the fall for someone's action

ISSA simpu stuff

The man sef , after a whole two months, na now he wan dey return something,who does that, na u wey first give am listening ear in the first place

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by Naijanascam: 10:20am On Nov 02, 2021
You are your real problem in this scenario for supporting this stupid deal....... ask the son to explain everything to his father to save you from refunding the money shown on the receipt..... because the guy might deny you to save face....

And you deserve whatever comes out of this deal for being a party to OBT.......
Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by Abfinest007(m): 10:20am On Nov 02, 2021
You've done your part
Forget the rest let him find out from his wrong if truly you cheated
Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by doggedfighter(f): 10:27am On Nov 02, 2021
I don't even know why you are discussing with the father.

His son should talk to you.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by Tokskob2008: 10:38am On Nov 02, 2021
I don't get why you want to clear your conscience when it's not like you sold the product way more than you should have. It's the son that should clear up his conscience for duping his father.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by Pumpumking: 11:50am On Nov 02, 2021
TMTR:
Tell him to channel his grievance to his son and call his son and warn to tell his father to stop disturbing you or else you are going to spill the beans about how he told you to write an amount different from what you sold the gadget to him.

You can't be taking the fall for someone's action

ISSA simpu stuff

The man sef , after a whole two months, na now he wan dey return something,who does that, na u wey first give am listening ear in the first place

^^^^the Mad man awake.....finaly cussin inosent people for not reason. embarassed
Goood morning sir. how are u today? Mad? Please QUIT cussssin inosent people sir!!(no oofeinse) undecided
Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by Lebronjames23(m): 11:51am On Nov 02, 2021
garriAndsugar:
You should have wrote the original amount..

Stop cutting corners to please anybody..

What if the man returned it and asked for a refund??
refund after 2 Months?
Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by Konjiboi: 12:22pm On Nov 02, 2021
Don't feel bad.

Focus on the 2 months not on the price added.

Who does that?? Return electronics after 2 months!!!

And you returned the first one, yet they're not grateful.

Na you sabi sha.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by walesoflyf(m): 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2021
Pumpumking:

^^^^the Mad man awake.....finaly cussin inosent people for not reason. embarassed
Goood morning sir. how are u today? Mad? Please QUIT cussssin inosent people sir!!(no oofeinse) undecided

Are you doing this intentionally, or you are this bad in spelling. From all indications, you've got a real problem with comprehension. Why don't you tend to the problem first, before becoming a monitoring spirit on NL.

My two cents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by slickycee: 1:10pm On Nov 02, 2021
Thank God you still listen your conscience.

Fess let's imagine you wrote the exact amount on the receipt,
Do you think your conscience would be disturbing you ??.

I don't think so .

See ehn, when you choose to make a lie become real, you should be ready to accept other unreal things that comes with it.

To be straightforward.

You and the son cheated both yourself and the man .

But greed may not allow us to see it like that.

That receipt bears your business name, it's an extension of your shop

Being dishonest about your business, does you no good.
It may favor you immediately, but in the long run it destroys.

Now the old man knows he can't trust his son, that's why he's trying to deal directly with you

OP you know what to do.

The deed has been done already.

Either make peace with your conscience, or you just ignore it.

The ball is in your court
Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by Kiddogarcia(m): 2:11pm On Nov 02, 2021
Why are you discussing with the man,if you did not sell to his son, another person will do remember
Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2021
Next time, write the figure you're receiving to avoid story that touches.
Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by bigjackass: 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2021
The worst part is that you may not be able to prove that you only falsified the amount for the son
Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by michlins(m): 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2021
If you keep going like this, how do you want to sustain your business.

You delivered what you were paid for. Whatever business the father wants, you should be paid for it and it should be new business

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by Sonnobax15(m): 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
lipsrsealed
Ok
Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by Truvelisback(m): 6:45pm On Nov 02, 2021
Anonymoususher:
Good morning!

Please I will try as much as possible to be brief.

I am into business, electronics to be precise and this friend of mine from a distant state called for a gadget. We discussed and agreed price (N95,000) which my profit is 15,000.

Upon agreeing price, he told me to write N155,000 on the receipt as what he bought. I did as he requested.

I sent the gadget to his location and about two weeks later the real buyer called the number on the receipt, I found out it is his father he bought it for and the father complained that he doesn't like it, I was like OK, speak with your son to call me.

The son called, we agreed and the gadget was returned back after two weeks. Additional 10k was added by the son to get the specification the father requested for and before sending the gadget back, I took several pictures and videos and sent directly to the father and he approved it that it is what he wants. We finalized and I sent the gadget to the father directly this time as requested by the both of them (father and son).

It took about two months and the father called me again saying he wants to return the gadget back. I was like what happened? Is it faulty?

He said No, that he hasnt used the gadget since I sent it and reason is because he doesn't like it. I was like, if you didn't like it why not send it back as quickly as possible since it is fairly used. You kept it with you for two months and now wants to return it.

The father said, he is willing to add up money to get another one, I referred him back to his son, because I did business with his son not him.

After everything, I told the father that I won't be accepting the gadget and he shouldn't send it back because it is UK used I bought from another dealer and warranty (two weeks provided there is an issue) for return has long passed.

Now the father feels I cheated his son and gave him a cheap product for a high amount when in actual sense, I sold at normal rate.

How should I handle this issue, because my conscience already disturbs me for writing a different amount I sold on the receipt based on the son's request... Though I didn't know the transaction that happened between father and son or how much the son actually billed the father until after I sold my product
Oga, just relax. Don't take the gadget back. Na whick kind business be that na? Don't take it.
Re: Please Help Me Look Into This To Clear My Conscience by Orire01(m): 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2021
Omo, calm down first

(1) (Reply)

The Mystery Around Sex / No Matter How Spiritual Or Holy U Are U.... / Every Young Man Must Do These Naughty Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.