Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,183 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

I Need Your Advice - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Your Advice (30224 Views)

Please I'm Depressed I Need Your Advice / Pharmacy Students Pls I Need Your Advice Urgently / Those Into Oil And Gas, I Need Your Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Your Advice by jnat: 5:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
Egungun be careful na express you dey go..

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by lifenija: 5:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
ungrateful is wat u are, teacher dey earn 15k monthly u dey form biggy, cold war ko avengers civil war ni

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by Coldie(m): 5:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
U just dae find talk. If u like quit the job na see talk o.

When u stay home 1month your eyes go clear

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by LordKay2580(m): 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2021
Omo na you get time ooo..... Sometimes we forget we higher class animals
The more we grow up we demand more and work less.... Please start using your brain to think of more productive areas of life.... Don't feel regret

Life no balance
Re: I Need Your Advice by alamin0506(m): 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2021
Never you quit, Only quit when you have something better.

My 2kobo though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by lifenija: 5:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Gonna advise you to get the fuckkk out of that job not because of the gossip and cold wars though

Because that salary is damnnn small...they mange am ...they manage am na so bros ororo take turn 55 years inside 85 thousand naira job.....just quit....don't be scared because people are saying there is no Job outside if you quit....that particular mantra has rendered people useless in life.....immediately they hear that rubbish...they no longer have the balls to quit
Not knowing that when one door of Happiness closes another one is immediately opened for us but most times we keep on looking at the closed door or rather at the door that is about to close to the extent that we do not realise the one opened for us
e never see another one best e dey manage am as e dey send cv else na garri e go dey drink
Re: I Need Your Advice by Babara1994(m): 5:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
CharleyBright:
You no serious.
Your reasons for quitting are too flimsy.
Na mere gossip you want quit 85k for in this lack of jobs in the country?
Some people will endure worse things than gossip for half of your salary.

And besides, what unproductive organization pays you 85k

I think you are the unproductive one here. And perhaps, that is why they are gossiping you.

My friend will you sit your butt down on your God found job and be productive??
Soon enough after you foolishly resign, na this same Nairaland you will come and be begging for support.
Foolish boy.
LOL
I was about his age when I resigned my 83k job because of the ppl I work with. I was jobless for two years and regretted. Now I don't joke with my job

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advice by flokii: 5:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
@OP It's everywhere, gossips, envy etc. these are things you'll find in workplaces.. before you take any rash decision, think of those looking up to God for jobs to feed and keep living.

If it's possible to ignore the gossips and naysayers, ignore them, do the job they employed you for and go home once it's closing time. Half bread is still better than none.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nonexisting: 5:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
In this Buhari economy, you have 85k job and want to dump it just because of those useless reasons you listed? I can see the hands of your village people in all this.
Re: I Need Your Advice by tranxo(m): 5:41pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

Thank you for making out time to view my thread. I'm hoping I can get an advice from you.

I'm a 26 Years. I work in a company that pays me 85K NGN monthly.

The salary isn't paying my bills in any way, the company isn't productive, I feel stuck and limited each time I go to work. Also, the environment is toxic with gossips, cold wars, etc.

I've been applying for jobs elsewhere but I keep getting rejected. I've adjusted my CV several times but still the same.

I'm considering resigning even though I don't have another job offer yet but I fear my debts. I have some side hustles I use to support my monthly earnings but I fear it may not be enough to pay my debts monthly and fend for myself, siblings, and family generally.

The whole thing is making me lack motivation but I still try to be up for my family.

I want to travel out of the country and search for better opportunities but my resources are limited at the moment.

I have some skillsets, I'm considering venturing into entrepreneurship but I don't have the required capital to get started

I don't know what to do.

Kindly advise me on what to do. I'd appreciate it.
It's good to dream big oo oo. But while the dream lasts, LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS
Re: I Need Your Advice by Mactons(m): 5:41pm On Nov 05, 2021
I would advise you don't quit yet. Work on your side hustle and be able to sustain yourself. From the way your write, I can see that you will do well in writing or working as a freelancer. Feel free to send me a private message.
Re: I Need Your Advice by peacettw: 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2021
I am yet to wrap my head around the fact that you want to resign, with no other job in sight, because of gossip and unproductivity. Unbelievable

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by BigIyanga: 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2021
Should we tell the OP the jobless marker and entrepreneurship world are full of sharks and you will be eaten alive...ma fren keep ur day job..and work on fortifying ur thin skin and them scale ur side hustle to be ur main job and bill payer... then say FU to ur job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by osazsky(m): 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

Thank you for making out time to view my thread. I'm hoping I can get an advice from you.

The salary isn't paying my bills in any way, the company isn't productive, I feel stuck and limited each time I go to work. Also, the environment is toxic with gossips, cold wars, etc.

I've been applying for jobs elsewhere but I keep getting rejected. I've adjusted my CV several times but still the same.

I'm considering resigning even though I don't have another job offer yet but I fear my debts. I have some side hustles I use to support my monthly earnings but I fear it may not be enough to pay my debts monthly and fend for myself, siblings, and family generally.

The whole thing is making me lack motivation but I still try to be up for my family.

I want to travel out of the country and search for better opportunities but my resources are limited at the moment.

I have some skillsets, I'm considering venturing into entrepreneurship but I don't have the required capital to get started

I don't know what to do.

na wah 86k at 26 how do u guys do these things..it is well o..do u stay alone or u stay with someone
Re: I Need Your Advice by Shokoloko(f): 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

I don't know what to do.

You don't have required capital for entrepreneurship
You don't have required capital to leave the country

Please answer the following
Will resigning reduce your total bill? (If your transportation bill is N90k per month and your earn N85k, then the job is not justified)
Where does the N85k go? If your job ends will those expenses stop?

I know its a drain on your mental health to be in a toxic environment so for now the best thing to do since you do not have another job is to feed your mental health. When you go to the office and your are drained you return in the evening and replenish. How do you do that?
1. Laughter (find Zics aloma) on facebook or instagram and watch two episodes daily,
2. Encouragement and motivation: listen to one Tedtalk (find it on youtube) every three or four days,
3. Expression: find a way to express yourself to release pent-up frustration and tension; find a notebook and write out what you are feeling.
4. Gratitude: this has been the most important for me; find a notebook and start to journal everything that is going right in your life. do not write was is going wrong in this book. (Google "gratitude journal" and read up how people use the expression of gratitude to attract luck. It might be what you need to get that new job)

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by Elsueno: 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

I don't know what to do.

Lmao, dis dude, u never jam brokenness jare, but experience is good Sha, try am

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by LaconicINC: 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

I don't know what to do.

just be grateful, do you know how much people with kids survive on, less than what you currently earn, guy park well abeg, this is a case of person wey get cap no get head and person wey get head no get cap. Na ajebutter syndrome you de suffer from so.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by dammyco(m): 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2021
You wan resign because dem dey gossip about you. If Dem no gossip about you how people go take know you.
Abi you are shy to face that lady that rejected your proposal at your working place abi. Man up my guy no work anyway, abi you wan do NPOWER or you wan enter FACTORY work, abi na marketer you wan be I no you no fit do teacher.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by MJBOLT: 5:45pm On Nov 05, 2021
lifenija:
ungrateful is wat u are, teacher dey earn 15k monthly u dey form biggy, cold war ko avengers civil war ni

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by whytediamond(m): 5:46pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

I don't know what to do.

Your mindset bro.

Work on it.

I was in a similar scenario November 2014. Sacked from a 60k monthly outsourced bank job.

I didn't start business with any form of capital. Not even a dime.

Today, I pay myself 300k minimum monthly.

I am my own Boss. I intend to triple my income starting from December.

I changed my mindset. You too can.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by Victerica(m): 5:46pm On Nov 05, 2021
Bros, no allow money control you ooooo.

As long as you are not going to be a liability after quitting your job, you can go ahead.

Is not going to be an easy ride... But life will go on.

Afterall, no be crime, you want to commit.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 05, 2021
Ha mehn cheesy
Re: I Need Your Advice by Mightymosco: 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
oyetunjibaba:
With 85k monthly,you still get debit.
My broda...the mata shock me...
Re: I Need Your Advice by Ozizah: 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
Bro, to be sincere with you. I think your village people is at work. If you resign pere, it means they finally got you.

]Hi,

I don't know what to do.

Kindly advise me on what to do. I'd appreciate it.[/quote]
Re: I Need Your Advice by adeoba2008(m): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
Stay where you are. There is office politics and gossips everywhere

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by EmptyGarden(m): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Gonna advise you to get the fuckkk out of that job not because of the gossip and cold wars though

Because that salary is damnnn small...they mange am ...they manage am na so bros ororo take turn 55 years inside 85 thousand naira job.....just quit....don't be scared because people are saying there is no Job outside if you quit....that particular mantra has rendered people useless in life.....immediately they hear that rubbish...they no longer have the balls to quit
Not knowing that when one door of Happiness closes another one is immediately opened for us but most times we keep on looking at the closed door or rather at the door that is about to close to the extent that we do not realise the one opened for us
True words... No let fear hold you hostage.
Re: I Need Your Advice by DWJOBScom(m): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

I don't know what to do.

This happens everywhere including big organisations
That's not a good reason to leave
You don't have a credible plan for yourself except to leave the country and hustle which is not enough.
Don't leave your job unless yiu have another as that shit is not easy.
I have friends who did and they were even earning higher than you are earning and tbe walls spoke to them one day
Calm and learn how to be a leader or fast worker from the chao
Re: I Need Your Advice by Jmichael1(m): 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:
The reason why that money isn't enough for you is because you spend recklessly on women, drinks and other irrelevant stuffs. Cut your irrelevant spendings and that money will be more than enough for you.

If you resign without securing employment elsewhere, you will understand the true meaning of gossip, cos your neighbors will gossip about how you stay at home all day eating your parents food.

This I have seen.

the vision is very clear,bros u see dis one well
Re: I Need Your Advice by osazsky(m): 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2021
whytediamond:

Your mindset bro.

Work on it.

I was in a similar scenario November 2014. Sacked from a 60k monthly outsourced bank job.

I didn't start business with any form of capital. Not even a dime.

Today, I pay myself 300k minimum monthly.

I am my own Boss. I intend to triple my income starting from December.

I changed my mindset. You too can.

thank u brother...i dont know the hype in salary..i make 600k monthly from wood..salary just they there...i dont even know how a single person can survive with 100k now a month considering the time value of money he is definately living with his parents na wah o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by 88natzy(m): 5:51pm On Nov 05, 2021
I may not give the best advise, but don't quit that job. I suffered same thing. I have a side huzzle and immediately it started giving me little fund I quit my main job and now I am suffering that mistake.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by Martinez39s(m): 5:51pm On Nov 05, 2021
@c0de007

Why are you carrying your siblings and family financially? Where are your parents? Are you married?
Re: I Need Your Advice by Martinez39s(m): 5:51pm On Nov 05, 2021
Martinez39s:
Why are you carrying your siblings and family financially? Where are your parents? Are you married?
c0de007

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff / Meet Ajara Damusa, A Slay Queen Who Is A Welder / Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.