Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

I Need Your Advice - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Your Advice (30256 Views)

Please I'm Depressed I Need Your Advice / Pharmacy Students Pls I Need Your Advice Urgently / Those Into Oil And Gas, I Need Your Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Your Advice by dettolgel: 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
Ignore those saying that you earn 85k and still complains.

To me it shows that you are not becoming complacent and you have the hunger to do more.

My suggestion, is try and hold on to your job while you aggressively find another.

As for the gossip and politics try not to engage see your work place as where you go to work, respect others and demand same not where you go to make friends or where people should like you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advice by Candidlady: 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
Go through most topics on job/vacancy section, you'd be grateful you have a job!

saw a post there an individual was begging the op to consider him!
workhours>6am to 8pm. Mon-saturday. Sunday resume 10am
salary> 30k!

dnt quit your current job endure till you get another!

Listen to "flood" by rhockcastle
Re: I Need Your Advice by Luckydubby7(m): 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
I have earned 65k to 71k for good 4 years in Lagos and u are here complaining.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by Mac12(f): 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
Please family I just need help with a job. I work but earn just 30k.
I'm a married woman with two kids. You'll want to ask about my husband, he is trying on his own part. We feed from hand to mouth now. It wasn't bad at all last year but business advice from hubby's friends put us in this position.
I stay in Lagos State, working as a teacher. Couldn't continue with my fashion lessons because I had series of miscarriages as a result of stress. So i don't have any skill apart from my certificate, though I do online training on how to tie gele.
It took me whole lot of courage to come out here to speak to you people. Please if you can help me with a job(menial or not), finances or foodstuffs to support my family, i will be very grateful.

I know there are kind hearted fellow here that's why i came running to you. I am not a scammer trying to play on your emotions. People are suffering and I am a living witness. We just don't pray to be in a position where we have to beg to feed. As it Is, my water don pass garri. Please help me and my family

3 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by EjaikreTheViper(f): 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
V
Re: I Need Your Advice by babyfaceafrica: 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hope you have plan B?
Re: I Need Your Advice by dahmie2013: 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2021
Guy, let the "fear of the debt" motivate you to remain. Most people don't like their jobs, it is the bills that is keeping them there.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by anthonyuncle(m): 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2021
your reasons for wanting to quit are shallow.
you want to even quit in order to rely on uncertainties.

85k small and e no small o.

better use your head and manage that job until you get a better one or capital for business

4 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by pickatyoubackup: 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2021
Make a plan for ur after cos with time pending when u get a new job, things might get boring and tight.
Unless u have something else doing or planned out

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by Lukebryan2040: 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2021
I understand you, in the sense that you need a productive company where u can grow and build your career, but guy wetin concern you with that one, r u d owner of the company, even if company grow and become productive dem go still sack u in the future, so far your salary is paid and not delayed, you can even save up and venture into entrepreneurship and make your business productive, if you so wish, but forget those gossipers, ignore them Becos they r everywhere even in business, so cut down expenses and stay focus

4 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by CharleyBright(m): 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
You no serious.
Your reasons for quitting are too flimsy.
Na mere gossip you want quit 85k for in this lack of jobs in the country?
Some people will endure worse things than gossip for half of your salary.

And besides, what unproductive organization pays you 85k

I think you are the unproductive one here. And perhaps, that is why they are gossiping you.

My friend will you sit your butt down on your God found job and be productive??
Soon enough after you foolishly resign, na this same Nairaland you will come and be begging for support.
Foolish boy.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advice by deepdeep(m): 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
O boy shadow wella before you jump o

My 2cent wink
Re: I Need Your Advice by bluefilm: 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

Thank you for making out time to view my thread. I'm hoping I can get an advice from you.

I'm a 26 Years. I work in a company that pays me 85K NGN monthly.

The salary isn't paying my bills in any way, the company isn't productive, I feel stuck and limited each time I go to work. Also, the environment is toxic with gossips, cold wars, etc.

I've been applying for jobs elsewhere but I keep getting rejected. I've adjusted my CV several times but still the same.

I'm considering resigning even though I don't have another job offer yet but I fear my debts. I have some side hustles I use to support my monthly earnings but I fear it may not be enough to pay my debts monthly and fend for myself, siblings, and family generally.

The whole thing is making me lack motivation but I still try to be up for my family.

I want to travel out of the country and search for better opportunities but my resources are limited at the moment.

I have some skillsets, I'm considering venturing into entrepreneurship but I don't have the required capital to get started

I don't know what to do.

Kindly advise me on what to do. I'd appreciate it.

Guy, your own wahala too much.

You too dey complain.

You want to do this but you don't know how to do that embarassed

I know that if i tell you now to go and drink sniper, you will still tell me that you don't know where to buy original sniper.

Abeg carry your wahala dey go. sad

Nonsense. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by do4luv14(m): 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

Thank you for making out time to view my thread. I'm hoping I can get an advice from you.

The salary isn't paying my bills in any way, the company isn't productive, I feel stuck and limited each time I go to work. Also, the environment is toxic with gossips, cold wars, etc.

I've been applying for jobs elsewhere but I keep getting rejected. I've adjusted my CV several times but still the same.

I'm considering resigning even though I don't have another job offer yet but I fear my debts. I have some side hustles I use to support my monthly earnings but I fear it may not be enough to pay my debts monthly and fend for myself, siblings, and family generally.

The whole thing is making me lack motivation but I still try to be up for my family.

I want to travel out of the country and search for better opportunities but my resources are limited at the moment.

I have some skillsets, I'm considering venturing into entrepreneurship but I don't have the required capital to get started

I don't know what to do.

with 85k, you are still in debt, including doing side hustle

anyway, did you side hustle pay in dollars or naira

can you work online

and plus don't resign yet, also before you start asking me how, am looking for 50k to get started,

but if you wanted to know, quote me out of this thread, or better still mail me
Re: I Need Your Advice by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
oyetunjibaba:
With 85k monthly,you still get debit.

oga cut off your responsibility according to your size let all man carry them load

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by dmaze: 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
Don't quit please. I understand exactly what you are going through as I experienced similar situations as yours. However, remember that the company only exists to give you a career life, you need to find your peace within this career life look at it from this perspective.

Update your profile as much as possible, go on LinkedIn, streamline and search, search, search. You would be surprised that at a point a recruiter would call you up for test or recruitment.

No recruiter is looking for someone without a job, they are looking for someone with a job that can transfer skillset.

Goodluck with this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
Greatn3ss:

85k salary + side hustles and still complaining

Mr man shift back let's talk about we earning less than 50k
Outside the money he also complain of many things. Unproductivity.
I once left of job of 120k to accept a job of 80k because i felt the prospect of that 120k job is very slim.
No growth, no structure, toxic boss, anytime monday is approaching fear go first grip me because i nor know the attitude my boss go carry come that week.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by marveledje(m): 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2021
[color=#990000][/color] guy, the only advise I can give you is:

"You need financial education/intelligence"

If you cannot diligently budget #85,000 then you are already a ram set for slaughter by your village people...no offence.. With all due respect, go for wisdom not a new job

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by riverbird: 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2021
As you are leaving please drop the HR email here cos someone might need it.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by lkillbrokehoes: 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2021
I hate gossips
Re: I Need Your Advice by kudinkarfe: 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
Bro think twice before quitting your job. A friend quite his job with international organization because of cold war and gossip, he is now frustrated because side hustle doesn't pay well. People most gossip and hate you whoever you are so learn to mind your business and forget about people. 85k is OK in Bubu regime oh, try and adjust but don't quite cos u wouldn't get another jab.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by toujurs: 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
Greatn3ss:

85k salary + side hustles and still complaining

Mr man shift back let's talk about we earning less than 50k
No mind the guy, the mumu even want to resign. Because of gossips. Chai alot of graduates don't earn above 50k, even n power is 30k and recent graduates are sweating over registration. And this one is planning on resigning.
Re: I Need Your Advice by EmekaBlue(m): 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
Poor zoogerians living on wages everywhere

85k Na salary?! Abegi

Useless country
Re: I Need Your Advice by DTeekay(m): 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
Ask the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by Jaqenhghar: 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

I don't know what to do.

Sometimes it's vest to leave a toxic environment. I was in a very toxic environment years ago. I was ready to leave and starve. I sat there and wqs listening to " wisdom" of elders about not closing ine door u till another opens. Last last they gave me the boot and less than 2 weeks after I got another job that paid over twice what I was getting.
Same thing happened to a friend. Resign my guy. You will be fine

3 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by ShadowM(m): 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2021
Re: I Need Your Advice by ogaga4u2(m): 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2021
If 85k plus side hustle can't pay your bills, even a 300k job won't be able to pay your bills also. Cut and watch your spending habits. Buy your needs only not your wants and you will see yourself bouncing back financially. As for your work place, mind your business, do your job, get paid monthly and focus on your life

6 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by armstrongadeola: 5:35pm On Nov 05, 2021
oyetunjibaba:
With 85k monthly,you still get debit.

I earn times 2.5 of this and I still get debts ..

U will never understand until you become a father

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advice by ud4u: 5:35pm On Nov 05, 2021
Leaving your job You are funny without solid alternative
Re: I Need Your Advice by frozen70(f): 5:35pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

I don't know what to do.

Your reasons for leaving your present job is better than staying idle at home

Avoid the gossip part and don't pertake in the gossip

As for low productivity, your are not the one paying yourself, gradually it will pick up
Re: I Need Your Advice by Omniman(m): 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2021
How time flies.

I started my first job with 80k
Even though it look like a small pay.

I was able to utilize the people there.
Through them I was able to make good connections...
Re: I Need Your Advice by Sharatan(m): 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2021
Sapa never reach your side. If to say everywhere dry you for face your wahala not the other way round angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos / How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria / Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.