Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice (48725 Views)

Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / Immigration Or DSS (Urgent Advice Needed) / Lady Confronts An Able-Bodied Beggar Who Rejected Her N35k Job Offer In Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Vixlot: 9:00am On Nov 06, 2021
Yahoo Yahoo

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Burgerlomo: 9:01am On Nov 06, 2021
Lamanii22:
I will continue with my 210k job if I were you.....

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Btruth: 9:01am On Nov 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:
continue with your 210k job and leave Canada job alone then if you are doubting it or being skeptical about it .

If the company hasn’t issued the Certificate of Sponsorship and a visa given by the Canadian embassy, don’t resign from your work
there's no point resigning, get all the documents processed. Get your visa done. Apply for a leave from your company. Buy ticket to Canada, and go see things for yourself. Then it will all be figure out & then, you can decide.

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

I currently work in a company and my monthly take home is 210k. A friend helped me to apply for a Job in Canada, I did the interview Last Month and I was sent a congratulatry message Yesterday from the Company to start work in Canada.

Am having little fears, have not been to Canada, I don't know how they operate, I don't have family there, my friend that applied for me stays in New York.

What if I go and things didn't work out fine, I lose my 210k job and lose Canada job.

Pls should i do. Help

Why do I think this is a scam?

Don't resign your Naija job yet. Even if the company is going to apply for a visa for you, it's a tedious process which will take a while because that company has to convince the Canadian government that nobody in Canada can do that job they are offering you.

Accept their job offer and wait for them to help you process the visa.

Once they ask you for some money to process something, run oooooo because na scam. Na that money they wan scam off you.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Kaykaydavid1919: 9:03am On Nov 06, 2021
Oga Ade Japa. Naija is getting worst everyday by day. When Fela called Buhari Animal in 83 or 84. We didn't understand him then. Tinubu is d king of Animal People. No plans for dis con3.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Thomywah: 9:03am On Nov 06, 2021
DO NOT RESIGN FROM YOUR JOB.EMAIL THE COMPANY REGARDING YOUR IMMIGRATION STATUS AND SEE IF THE COMPANY WOULD BE ABLE TO SPONSOR YOU TO COME OVER THEN WAIT TILL THE OUTCOME OF YOUR VISA APPLICATION.ITS 50.50 ONCE YOU LEAVE NAIJA.ANYTHING FIT HAPPEN.Make your matter no be say na anything wey no fit happen na hin you wan dey do.

kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

I currently work in a company and my monthly take home is 210k. A friend helped me to apply for a Job in Canada, I did the interview Last Month and I was sent a congratulatry message Yesterday from the Company to start work in Canada.

Am having little fears, have not been to Canada, I don't know how they operate, I don't have family there, my friend that applied for me stays in New York.

What if I go and things didn't work out fine, I lose my 210k job and lose Canada job.

Pls should i do. Help

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 06, 2021
Coming in for the first time, the company will run your Visa and get your accommodation sorted even b4 you travel. If none of this is done just continue with your job.

3 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by lonelydora: 9:04am On Nov 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:
continue with your 210k job and leave Canada job alone then if you are doubting it or being skeptical about it .

But things hardly go wrong, relatively to Nigeria. Once you are employed by the company in Canada, they will train you up to their standard. So no qualms.

If the company hasn’t issued the Certificate of Sponsorship and a visa given by the Canadian embassy, don’t resign from your work

This is the best advice for you
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by DeLioncourt: 9:04am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

Fortune favors the bold.

Take the job. Embrace the challenge.
Out of several candidates, they offered you the job. They think you have what it takes.
Go there and show them that you have all it takes and extra.

Stop second-guessing yourself.

Goodluck
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Burgerlomo: 9:05am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

I will advise you to stick to your 210k job in Naija and I will also advise you to invest your money probably in real estate as many as you can acquire to get you a passive income and you will also become a landlord just because of tomorrow and let go the Canada job because e dey easy for Obodo oyinbo make I know say something else.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by BlackPantherxXx: 9:05am On Nov 06, 2021
IF the Canada job is for real.... abeg PLEASE go.

I doubt if someone can apply for you without your input sha.

I have friends earning 1.5 - 2 million monthly.

2 of them have left for Canada.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Amotolongbo(f): 9:06am On Nov 06, 2021
Btruth:
there's no point resigning, get all the documents processed. Get your visa done. Apply for a leave from your company. Buy ticket to Canada, and go see things for yourself. Then it will all be figure out & then, you can decide.
Not all jobs are that flexible.

What you said applies to Government job in Nigeria where you can ghost for 6 months before resigning.
If it is a private job in Nigeria, he has to resign.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by one4GOD(f): 9:06am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
he just want to let us know he got a job in canada.....mtchewwww...we see you undecided undecided
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by KingLander: 9:07am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
Do a Google search on the company's real website, contact email and phone numbers, if they match, then the next step is to go for a work permit, some companies in Canada requires you get the work permit yourself. Never give anybody money to secure a job abroad, if money is involve, run.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by KingLander: 9:08am On Nov 06, 2021
one4GOD:
he just want to let us know he got a job in canada.....mtchewwww...we see you undecided undecided
Grow up. He is a novice in the process and needs advice from the public.

5 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Yankee101: 9:09am On Nov 06, 2021
Do you have a work permit or residency or citizenship?
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Winterex: 9:10am On Nov 06, 2021
Abroad is good especially Canada. Research the company first, if it a good company and they have base. Your next issue should be medical and work permit.
A lot of people would have difficulties and alot of people are also succeeding.

All the best bro
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by horlakay(m): 9:10am On Nov 06, 2021
before you leave your job make sure you meet all the requirements to legally migrate, as suggested read through the website, you don't need to be certified by any firm, the company is sure you can deliver. Just work with them call them to let them know every step you have taken.

Congratulations! A door has opened for you.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by tempex88(m): 9:11am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

Take leave without pay for one month. Travel to Canada and try the new job. Send resignation from Canada if it goes well or come back to Nigeria if it doesn't
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Awoleesu(m): 9:13am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
I wish you well but I have my skepticism...
Check with your friend who applied on your behalf if ;
* He did state clearly in the application process that you're applying from outside Canada.

* That you have no connection whatsoever to Canada

* You have been issued an LMIA clearance.

*And that your Canadian prospective employer qualifies to hire expats.

These are important checks to avoid being bounced by IRCC.

Plus, like many have advised you, DON'T DUMP YOUR GOOD NAIJA JOB UNTIL ALL IS SET FOR YOUR TAKE OFF TO CANADA!

Good Luck!

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by madukaanaya(m): 9:13am On Nov 06, 2021
DropsMic:

A typical reply from a typical black man. No reasoning, just straight up take it to the lord in prayer. And we all wonder why our region is a shithole.
guy u too de vex prayer no bad na grin
DropsMic:

A typical reply from a typical black man. No reasoning, just straight up take it to the lord in prayer. And we all wonder why our region is a shithole.
guy u too de vex prayer no bad na
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Ibime(m): 9:14am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

Guy you better pack your load.

N210k job is what's keeping you in Naija? lol

5 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Nonexisting: 9:14am On Nov 06, 2021
eventainment:
You no fit take emergency leave for your work. Process document to back am up. Then move go there check how the job be. If e clear to you send resignation letter via email
Best advice.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by gokeday(m): 9:15am On Nov 06, 2021
take the risk my brother,No think say u fit make am with 210k monthly ooo
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Jostoman: 9:16am On Nov 06, 2021
Just go to Canada straight
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:17am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

grin grin funny question, but quite valid. Take the move, and welcome to the real world.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by micflo28(m): 9:18am On Nov 06, 2021
This is a smart thing to do if the job is genuine, since you will be a neophyte in Canada, study the terms and conditions attached to your employment to see if it suits you, check for the buffer plans for staff new in Canada like if there are accommodations, trainings and possibility of retention after your probationary periods. Check how gaining a green card through the job is realiseable and the challenges in the Job. All this will better form your decision to accept the job or not.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 06, 2021
Apply for one month leave from your current job in Nigeria. Use that one month to test run Canada.
Then compare and contrast
As for me, I will relocate to Canada. Even if u lost that particular job in Canada, there are much more better opportunities their to compare here. It is just a matter of few months, u will adapt with the environment
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by quickly: 9:19am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

Did they tell u they will provide work permit for u? Or do they think u are a citizen?

If not

The job offer is as good as nothing

A serious job will want to know this already and they will still do background check and verify your qualifications.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 06, 2021
Leave of Absence
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by dapolaw(m): 9:20am On Nov 06, 2021
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by KosyJerry(m): 9:21am On Nov 06, 2021
If all is legit... Way yours options very closely and then you follow your instincts.. I pray you take the best decision for YOU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / Entry Level Inventory Analyst In An Oil And Gas Firm / N-Power Application: Have You Been Able To Apply?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.