Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice (48753 Views)

Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / Immigration Or DSS (Urgent Advice Needed) / Lady Confronts An Able-Bodied Beggar Who Rejected Her N35k Job Offer In Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by almarthins(m): 9:58am On Nov 06, 2021
ignis:
Confirm the authenticity of the Job by using the employment letter to apply for VISA/Work permit. If you get the visa, just japa.

Correct! Nigeria wey we no know wen e go good. Na till Jesus come before this country go get head. Japa na d only word if Dem offer am visa.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Hussein53(m): 10:02am On Nov 06, 2021
dasparrow:

Take it to the Lord Jehovah God in prayer and may He direct your path. My humble submission.

Someone is asking for your opinion, you're telling him to take it to the lord
Nigerians are unnecessarily religious.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by obonujoker(m): 10:03am On Nov 06, 2021
justwise:

This is just the first phase of the scam, next phase is to use visa application to milk you as much as you allow them.

There is no job here, just your money.

Don't leave your real job in Nigeria for non-existing job in Canada.

The closest you will get to Canada is Nigerian airport.

As in ehn... Those Indian scammers almost did it to me with CRH, Ontario Canada grin... As in even the number I called on their employment form was registered to an Ontario based company grin....

As an Engineer, eh, what exposed them to me was their interview questions... grin

Mhen, I was getting hope of Canada then o.... In fact they sent me offer letter and the likes, until I requested for LMIA and visa, only to be told that my application would be transferred to India for further processing due to the covid19 restrictions in Canada grin

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by alamin0506(m): 10:03am On Nov 06, 2021
Why don't you apply for sick leave, from which you proceed to your annual leave. During this period you can travel and ascertain all you need to know. If it's pays you fine and if it went the other way, find yourself back home and continue your job.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by obonujoker(m): 10:06am On Nov 06, 2021
Focusmind:
Nigerians and gullibility!!!

Fake fake and fake!!!

Friends over seas are the ones that runs their friends in Nigeria street because of desperation in an average Nigerian residing here. There is no Job for those with PR and citizens and you are being deceived with a fake offer.
What skills do you have that could make a Canadian employer to take you before those residents in the country? Employers go through a lot to hire a foreigner and some wouldn't want to pass through the stress except if the candidate is highly exceptional.

Be wise o!

I hope they'll learn and heed... Many people should proceed to INDEED AND LINKEDIN to see what job offers and requirements are abroad...
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by seanjy4konji: 10:08am On Nov 06, 2021
If you go

You are a bastard.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by sabreal: 10:08am On Nov 06, 2021
I don't understand your tragedy of doubt.

You have a friend. Ask your friend about your fear. I'm sure you are not afraid of earning 210k in Nigeria and use almost equal that amount as living expenses and even borrow join.

Ask your friend (except you are lying to your self), about all your concerns.

If your friend can cope (except you have negative home support), you should be.able to make it.

kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

I currently work in a company and my monthly take home is 210k. A friend helped me to apply for a Job in Canada, I did the interview Last Month and I was sent a congratulatry message Yesterday from the Company to start work in Canada.

Am having little fears, have not been to Canada, I don't know how they operate, I don't have family there, my friend that applied for me stays in New York.

What if I go and things didn't work out fine, I lose my 210k job and lose Canada job.

Pls should i do. Help
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by theamazonguru(m): 10:09am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

I currently work in a company and my monthly take home is 210k. A friend helped me to apply for a Job in Canada, I did the interview Last Month and I was sent a congratulatry message Yesterday from the Company to start work in Canada.

Am having little fears, have not been to Canada, I don't know how they operate, I don't have family there, my friend that applied for me stays in New York.

What if I go and things didn't work out fine, I lose my 210k job and lose Canada job.

Pls should i do. Help

Hey listen to me.
Don't waste time. Pack your load and go.
You have nothing to be afraid of.
An acquaintance of mine got a $10,000/ month Job with Amazon in the US. He was even asked to choose between working form home, anywhere in the world or at the head office. Guy chose to work from the head office because he wanted to face all the challenge possible and of course enjoy networking.
Note: The job was not what he has any knowledge of, but he was trained on the job for 6 months and dude is doing great now.

Are you afraid of facing new challenges?
Then you ain't ready to move to your next financial level.
Leave your comfort zone my dear.
Go and maximize your God given potential.
Be strong and courageous. Go and take over the land.

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by goodnewscliff(m): 10:10am On Nov 06, 2021
Could be scam...
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Xyzee: 10:13am On Nov 06, 2021
Let me see the Canada job offer. It’s nearly impossible to get a job in Canada while still in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by austinskinny: 10:15am On Nov 06, 2021
Abeg any link for person to dey apply for all this foreign jobs... Naija matter don tire 30k job e everywhere with stress of 1million
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:16am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
Go to Canada bro. Be courageous. If it didn't work out, you may still get another job over there. You can find an excuse with your Nigerian company not to resign till you confirm Canada job.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Patroit1989(m): 10:16am On Nov 06, 2021
If it is a genuine Job offer please go… but do not resign your Nigerian Job yet… as for the 210k, it is basically what you may earn in a week in Canada. The only thing down side of mov to Canada is the extreme cold and very lack of the kind of social life we lived in Nigeria.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by bukatyne(f): 10:17am On Nov 06, 2021
mofedamijo:

How many countries have you been to?

You guys keep talking about black man mentality when someone talks about prayer or God.

Even your dear whites say that a lot. I have been to several countries, dated several races, as a matter of fact, my Caucasian friends makes those statements alot. Any little thing, Mofe take it to God in prayers.

Stop this stereotypical crypto shit...... Its a global thing not a black man thing.

Everything is only black man.

Sure sign of a person not exposed to other cultures.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Xyzee: 10:17am On Nov 06, 2021
obonujoker:

As in ehn... Those Indian scammers almost did it to me with CRH, Ontario Canada grin... As in even the number I called on their employment form was registered to an Ontario based company grin....

As an Engineer, eh, what exposed them to me was their interview questions... grin

Mhen, I was getting hope of Canada then o.... In fact they sent me offer letter and the likes, until I requested for LMIA and visa, only to be told that my application would be transferred to India for further processing due to the covid19 restrictions in Canada grin

You’re wise to have requested LMIA. This guy is being scammed. I live and work in Canada.

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by bukatyne(f): 10:20am On Nov 06, 2021
Which jobs do people just 'take emergency leave' or 'one month leave' just like that? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Gokoyer0(m): 10:23am On Nov 06, 2021
If you are talking about close to 1m naira/monthly job in Naija, I will advise you think twice before leaving Naija.

I have a friend that earns over 2M naira in Nigeria, the guy only left his family in Canada, guy man has returned to Naija to keep his job.
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by aikyg(m): 10:24am On Nov 06, 2021
Take the Canada offer.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by cayorday89(m): 10:31am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
Congrats to you OP, you can contact this woman on Facebook, Omobolanle Adeyemo Omoby, she can help you out with more details, as she is based in Canada and works in a multinational company there. She helps people out with relocating to Canada. You can checkout her wall then if you are convinced message her.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 06, 2021
Request for a Labour Market Impact Assessment(LMIA) and make sure to confirm from the Canadian embassy before you resign. And since your friend is over there and he got you the offer ask him to verify the authenticity of the offer. Unless he is in on it too. Just double-check everything.

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Dbarrzx: 10:39am On Nov 06, 2021
Take emergency leave from your current work when your visa is out. Travel and see for yourself and you will decide. After your decision you can send your resignation letter to your current employer or you decide to come back to your job. Try to keep both options open till you get the final confirmation.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Bayyajidda(m): 10:40am On Nov 06, 2021
lordmayor2013:
Everybody just dey lie

Everything na lie for people like you.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by gorit16: 10:41am On Nov 06, 2021
Apply for leave in the current place you are working now while you are doing the processing of your relocate .
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by wunmi590(m): 10:42am On Nov 06, 2021
Lamanii22:
I will continue with my 210k job if I were you.....

It seems you really love this country called Nigeria...

Believe me you, that money is too small in this current bubu economy...

If the job is genuine, he should finish processing his visa first and and take a 5days leave here and go first, when he gets there, he can now send resignation letter...
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by tmakins1: 10:44am On Nov 06, 2021
For you to get a job offer you need to have been given CAQ and LIMA. That is a guarantee that the job is legit bro. I was once a victim.

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:45am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
Did the job come with a valid LMIA? Go to the Canada thread and ask well about the job ooo. Do not resign from your job. This may be a potential scam.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Ashirioluwa: 10:48am On Nov 06, 2021
Something is wrong with this op because most Nigerians not even think twice before applying for the work permit. Go for it if you believe is legit.

Make sure you get the visa first before you resign from your job.

If you get to Canada and thing doesn’t work out the way you planned then you look for another job in Canada. Any job you do in Canada will reward you more than this your current 210k because you will be able to make more than that in a week. 210k is about $400. You can make this in a week if you have paper to work in Canada.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by TenQ: 10:48am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
Take your leap of FAITH: it can't be worse than Nigeria. The Opportunity will EXPAND your horizon
Check for both CAQ and LIMA to prevent shedding of tears
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Cappoditutti: 10:49am On Nov 06, 2021
The Canadian job is better by far than 210k job in Nigeria. Don't waste it

kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Bakerdav: 10:51am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
give me the link how to apply too abeg frm that yr frd
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Adeoye11(m): 10:52am On Nov 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:
continue with your 210k job and leave Canada job alone then if you are doubting it or being skeptical about it .

But things hardly go wrong, relatively to Nigeria. Once you are employed by the company in Canada, they will train you up to their standard. So no qualms.

If the company hasn’t issued the Certificate of Sponsorship and a visa given by the Canadian embassy, don’t resign from your work

Oyinbo life is simple, if the job is genuine write them a message telling them about your plights.
And see how you can arrange yourself on leaving this kwantry.

Shikena
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Valuc: 10:54am On Nov 06, 2021
What if u forfeit the canada offer then them sack you from here .. wetin u go do ... Life is risky... Just codely be processing the canada own... Get genuine document... Guy abeg fly.. if u get 210 job shey ur kids go follow get the 210 job... Abeg straight their ways for Dem now wey u fit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / Entry Level Inventory Analyst In An Oil And Gas Firm / N-Power Application: Have You Been Able To Apply?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.