Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice (48754 Views)

Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / Immigration Or DSS (Urgent Advice Needed) / Lady Confronts An Able-Bodied Beggar Who Rejected Her N35k Job Offer In Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by ednut1(m): 4:53pm On Nov 06, 2021
cayorday89:

Yeah, she made the announcement few months ago, reason why I said if the op checks her wall and gets convinced, he can contact her. She could help with first hand info since the OP is skeptical about the whole thing.
all she knows was learnt online, the op can also learn. He is simply talking to cheap scammers.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by newoffer: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2021
Your village people are truly with you. By sounding like dis u need prayer o. quote author=kakaflex post=107367335]Good Evening Everyone.

I currently work in a company and my monthly take home is 210k. A friend helped me to apply for a Job in Canada, I did the interview Last Month and I was sent a congratulatry message Yesterday from the Company to start work in Canada.

Am having little fears, have not been to Canada, I don't know how they operate, I don't have family there, my friend that applied for me stays in New York.

What if I go and things didn't work out fine, I lose my 210k job and lose Canada job.

Pls should i do. Help[/quote]

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by omojeesu(m): 5:25pm On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

I currently work in a company and my monthly take home is 210k. A friend helped me to apply for a Job in Canada, I did the interview Last Month and I was sent a congratulatry message Yesterday from the Company to start work in Canada.

Am having little fears, have not been to Canada, I don't know how they operate, I don't have family there, my friend that applied for me stays in New York.

What if I go and things didn't work out fine, I lose my 210k job and lose Canada job.

Pls should i do. Help

Your greatest challenge is kokovid jaba!
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by akilo1: 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2021
Verify the authenticity of the offer by doing diligent research because all these waterside boys are in everywhere
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by salvation77177: 5:36pm On Nov 06, 2021
There's no cause for alarm. But make you receive the document needed to apply for permit/Visa issuance from the employer. This is required by the embassy to be in able to issue you the travel document. Do not resign from your present place of work until the necessary documents is your hand.
Good luck.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Ccss: 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2021
How
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by eventainment(m): 6:40pm On Nov 06, 2021
lookingfly:
some people go de talk like say flight ticket money na to enter ogun from Lagos.
Life na risk in the first place you no take am you go regret or rejoice , you take am na same thing. With his monthly pay I think he can afford a ticket without running into ruin
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Powersurge: 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

What if you stay with your Nigeria's $370 grin job and you were sacked the next month?
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Starships4u(m): 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2021
asobo1:
Your maths oo wrong gan. He presently earns #210k in naija
That's why I said he should do the maths on how much he's to earn in Canada.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Jacku: 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
chai... I wish you were just close around me and be telling this thing, as you dey finish the talk, na better slap I go just give you then waka commot.

Everyone is looking for a way to elope out of this country, here you are with a job in CANADA and you're scared?? I just no wan tell you say you dey stupid.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by sisisioge: 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2021
Jisos.....biko pass the job to me o....I no fear anything!
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by VicM6: 10:45pm On Nov 06, 2021
Na person wey chop belleful dey carry body go airport.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by stevups(m): 11:16pm On Nov 06, 2021
I NEED A JOB. I AM A REAL ESTATE EXPERT. PLEASE LINK ME, I HAVE FAMILY TO CATER FOR. 07063812428
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by optimusprime2(m): 12:31am On Nov 07, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
So there is a process to follow assuming you have a Job in Canada.

First there is the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) the company needs to issue to you... it has to be positive by the way.

Secondly your Credentials need to be evaluated
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-service-commission/jobs/services/gc-jobs/degree-equivalency.html

Language of work (if its Quebec, you provide proof of French otherwise English)

Then the company or Employer files the application, in normal instances they should foot every bill.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by RandyX: 1:39am On Nov 07, 2021
Amotolongbo:
continue with your 210k job and leave Canada job alone then if you are doubting it or being skeptical about it .

But things hardly go wrong, relatively to Nigeria. Once you are employed by the company in Canada, they will train you up to their standard. So no qualms.

If the company hasn’t issued the Certificate of Sponsorship and a visa given by the Canadian embassy, don’t resign from your work
Please if you do take the Canadian job. Let me have the Nigerian one. I’ll appreciate the link. I’m qualified with a PhD from abroad.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by calcal: 2:30am On Nov 07, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

What type of Job?

It is a scam, 100% scam.

Your friend stays in New York, - a red flag
interview online - for non- Canadian - red flag
Congratulation letter - a red flag

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Mikelarteta(m): 3:10am On Nov 07, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

Which province and what is the name of the company, you can chat me up I could offer Some assistance
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by sunvick(m): 4:48am On Nov 07, 2021
Guy dont you dare leave your job. That job letter you got is a scam.

No company offers in Canada will offer employment to someone abroad without visa sponsorship.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Shancca: 6:26am On Nov 07, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

My which link you use abeg? Don’t joke with golden opportunity. People wey de US wan enter Canada, e come be you wey de Nigeria.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by dipsy588(m): 6:42am On Nov 07, 2021
My Advice,dont resign from your present job because before you get a Canadian Visa take 3 months in which you must have submitted all your documents.

2. is The Canadian company aware you live in Nigeria? if yes, then they need to send you a letter of employment and invite letter which would be directed to the embassy here to swift your Visa process that your employment is genuine and remember we have no Canadian embassy in Nigeria except a collation centre in ikate,Lagos.

3. OP dont ever be skeptical about securing a solid future for your children. 210k salary no be money for naija again ooo just to keep body mind and soul together.

May God be with you. please can your friend apply for job for me also. I dont mind. 0.7.0.6.2.2.3.4.3.2.2
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Dozie32(m): 6:54am On Nov 07, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

I would advise you to take the risk and go to Canada, life is always risk taking. Unless you're comfortable with your current job here in Nigeria.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by theamazonguru(m): 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2021
SIRTee15:

Did he get the Amazon job from Nigeria.

No. From US.

I only made reference to him because the JD is not what he is even familiar with
But he was trained.
And he is doing well on the job.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by HRprof: 6:23am On Nov 08, 2021
OP do your due diligent on the job offer
If you were ask for payment ! Run na scam
Do not resign from your job yet

My 2cent
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by udeze73(m): 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2021
dasparrow:

Take it to the Lord Jehovah God in prayer and may He direct your path. My humble submission.

THAT WAS A COWARD'S APPROACH TO PROBLEMS. RECKLESS ABANDONMENT OF DUTIES TO ANOTHER ENTITY
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by ModestGal(f): 11:56pm On Nov 09, 2021
sageb:

@modestgal come and advice a brother here
Lol
Job kor, Job ni
Even ppl wey dey Canada dey find job,lol
The thing look like scam abeg, however it could be true,so he should still research

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by newoffer: 2:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
You can never regret leaving based on the indexes from past results.
newoffer:
Your village people are truly with you. By sounding like dis u need prayer o. quote author=kakaflex post=107367335]Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Gennyo7: 4:32pm On Jun 24, 2022
We have a direct link to sponsored jobs in Canada. Presently we have jobs for Security Personnels, Caregivers, Nurses and Factory workers in Ontario. The job offer package comes with accommodation, flight ticket to Canada and PR. Contact us on getsponsoredjobsincanada@gmail.com for more information.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by BoldConcepts(m): 7:14pm On Aug 11, 2022
Which is?
Ekpekus:

Don't listen to this person... you can access any information from the official Canadian government website.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Tywo2018: 9:25am On Dec 07, 2022
Dont leave the Job until you pass the border point of entry.
osato45:
if the job is not a scam, then worry not. You would adapt to your new environment.

note: only leave your job in nigeria when you have obtained your visa.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by aynana2000: 8:39am On Dec 08, 2022
Add an additional skill. Truck driving is the way to go. It is a goldmine abroad, you can earn over $80,000 per year. The good news is that there is now standard truck academy in sango-ota ogun state named Truckademy. You can check them out on google.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / Entry Level Inventory Analyst In An Oil And Gas Firm / N-Power Application: Have You Been Able To Apply?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.