Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi (3952 Views)

"Nigeria Has Failed, Must Be Reformed" - Professor-Ango-Abdullahi / Buhari's Victory A Referendum On Honesty And Integrity - New York Times / We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by nairalandankrah: 5:54am On Nov 06, 2021
Elder statesman and Northern Leader, Prof Ango Abdullahi, an octogenarian convener of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) bemoaned what he called the “excesses of the present generation, saying ‘it is time to decide whether to keep the country together or whether to disband it so that everybody can go in peace”. In pangs of regrets, he said the founding fathers must be shifting uneasily in their graves at what the nation has turned to. He blamed the elite for the squandering of the hopes, dreams and aspirations of the sexagenarian nation. He spoke on the diversity of Nigeria, and the predisposition towards disintegration. He said the current security measures to keep the country one is misplaced and wild- goosing. “Do they care about the root causes of the agitations?”, he intoned.

Finally, he gave his nod for the carving out of Biafra out of Nigeria, advising that clamping down on the agitators of the separatist enclave without addressing the root causes is delusionary and futile. He spoke with CHIDI OBINECHE

It is for the elite to be responsible once more. The crises in Nigeria have to do with the elite. They are irresponsible. It is not the ordinary Nigerians that have created the problems for us. It is the elite. When the elite who are supposed to know, by virtue of their advantages in education and everything else, choose not to toe the path of decency and good moral standards, then there will be no solution.

Does it then mean Nigeria will keep going like this?

No. it cannot keep going like this. It will get to a point where it will stop and then we disintegrate. That is the direction it is going now. You can feel it. It is very palpable. It is very sad indeed. The founding fathers will be restless in their graves. They have laboured for us. They got nothing in return except the honours we give them. We keep honouring them because of what they did. But there is nobody who is going to honour our generation because we have done nothing. We are quarrelling among ourselves because of our self interests.

But the current regime is battling to ensure that there is no integration?

Battling what?

There is an ongoing security onslaught, especially in the South-East, to clamp down on agitators for a separatist state of Biafra.

This is where people misunderstand this term ‘security’. Security for what? Is it done physically? Are they looking at the causes of the agitation? Are they interested in the root causes? When you’re sick and go to the hospital, the doctor will not just give you medicine and say take this, this is for you. He will ask questions. What is happening to you? How is it doing you? The questions and answers will determine the root cause of your problem. Then, his prescription will be right and it will fight the problem or illness. That is not what we are doing in this case. We work from the answer to the question. For me, I have given up.

But the country has to be rescued one way or another…

Oh well, we are looking forward to that magic day. My younger brother Kingibe spoke the other day. That is why I say that it is the elite that are responsible for the problems of Nigeria.

Who wrote the constitution of Nigeria? It is the British and we the elite that wrote it. Were we not the ones who did it? And we decided in our own thinking at the time that we should insert certain provisions that Nigeria is indissoluble, is indivisible, whatever, whatever, whatever, as if we were not the ones who created this.

And we forgot the history of countries that started as one and ended as many. India started as one and ended up as four. Soviet Union, only some years ago was a super power. They are now 11 countries. So what is so sacrosanct about any country deciding to take another look at itself and decide what to do?. That is why I am amazed at what is unfolding today. That is why I told the vice president, Osinbajo I support Biafra when he called us for discussions. He said to me, ‘Prof Ango, what is your view’? I said, ‘Mr Vice President, with due respect, I support Biafra’. He was shocked. He said again, ‘you support Biafra?’, I said, “Why not”? He did not expect it from me. This is a people who want self determination, and the United Nations charter has made it absolutely clear that people should have the right for self determination So, if indeed it is true that Biafrans want to have self –determination by having a separate country out of Nigeria, why not? All we need to do is to work out the modalities and have a referendum as it happened in Sudan. It is very clear,

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/prof-ango-abdullahi-i-support-biafra/

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by shigishege: 6:02am On Nov 06, 2021
angry grin

1 Like

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Penguin2: 6:06am On Nov 06, 2021
Akwobe beans akwo, moi moi ana esi grin

Few days back it was a northern coalition going to court to ask the court to order the National Assembly to promulgate a law that would allow referendum for Biafrans.

Today it is Prof Ango Abdullahi re-echoing same sentiments.

The north seems to be accepting the reality of Biafran exit. Only Wastern zombies and Tinubu online cretins and urchins are still living in denial.

With that said, I want to thank the north for starting to lend their voice to our quest for referendum but I need to restate for the umpteenth time that Biafra is not just the 5 Southeast states.

Biafra is the entire Old Eastern region that covers Abia, Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Cross River, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa.

With the Anioma people of Delta state.

The Igbanke people of Edo state.

The Igbo people of Enugu and Anambra that were erroneously carved into Kogi state.

And the Izzi and Umuezekoha people that were erroneously carved into Benue state.

No more, no less!

Yagazie!

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by omenkaLives(m): 6:09am On Nov 06, 2021
Ohanaeze Ndi-whatever will soon take him to court for attempting to give them what they want.

Confused people.

Penguin2:

Few days back it was a northern coalition going to court to ask the court to order the National Assembly to promulgate a law that would allow referendum for Biafrans.

The north seems to be accepting the reality of Biafran exit. Only Wastern zombies and Tinubu online cretins and urchins are still living in denial.

With that said, I want to thank the north for starting to lend their voice to our quest for referendum but I need to restate for the umpteenth time that Biafra is not just the 5 Southeast states.

Biafra is the entire Old Eastern region that covers Abia, Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Cross River, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa.

The Igbo people of Enugu and Anambra that were erroneously carved into Kogi state.

And the Izzi and Umuezekoha people that were erroneously carved into Benue state.

No more, no less!

Yagazie!
If anyone tells you these people actually are truly desirous of a country of their own, tell that person he's a bloody liar.

How else can any sensible igbo man think Delta, Benue, Kogi, or any other state for that matter, would cede an in of their lands to alaigbo, similar way alaigbo wouldnt cede part of their land to any other ethnic groups that have taken residence on them.

They muddle up the biafra campaign with this nonsense so it appears as though it is someone holding them back, when in fact they desire no such country. The campaign as it is right now is simply a tool to blackmail Nigerians into ceding the presidency to them on a platter of gold and THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by hisexcellency34: 6:11am On Nov 06, 2021
Believe him at your peril.This man is like Junaid Mohammed. He speaks this today and say another thing tomorrow

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Samfloxin(m): 6:19am On Nov 06, 2021
No matter how you suppress the truth,it will surely surface
Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by PrinceOfLagos: 6:20am On Nov 06, 2021
Bury should bury his head in shame for allowing this shit get out of hand
Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by BlackfireX: 6:21am On Nov 06, 2021
Dss should arrest this man
Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Coolsperm: 6:22am On Nov 06, 2021
Bola Tinubu can never do this and you tell that Yoruba Muslims are not unity begars
Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 06, 2021
Taqiyya hypocrisy

2 Likes

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Arda1000(m): 6:26am On Nov 06, 2021
To be a Nigerian is not by force
Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Coolsperm: 6:27am On Nov 06, 2021
BlackfireX:
Dss should arrest this man
. Unity begar, the yorubas can avoid the unfriendly and insult the claim igbos gives them by joining in the suit that igbos should be giving referendum so as to exit Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by johnmartus(m): 6:30am On Nov 06, 2021
They will call this treasonable confused people that not know what they really want.
Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Zenithh: 6:38am On Nov 06, 2021
Penguin2:

[s]Biafra is the entire Old Eastern region that covers Abia, Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Cross River, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa.

And the Izzi and Umuezekoha people that were erroneously carved into Benue state.[/s]

No more, no less!

Yagazie!

These pple you are mentioning don’t want a forceful marriage with you pple. Same way you want independence is same way they want theirs. Some of u illiterate ibos should stop already with this una covetousness

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by ERockson: 6:41am On Nov 06, 2021
Igbo leaders will hate this man and call for his arrest soon. The problem with Igbo is that they want no Biafra but Power which eluded them long time ago as results of greed. If you see Biafra map, you will laugh at their foolishness. They want the whole SS and some part of Benue and Kogi.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Flexherbal(m): 6:42am On Nov 06, 2021
hisexcellency34:
Believe him at your peril.This man is like Junaid Mohammed. He speaks this today and say another thing tomorrow

Seriously!
Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by caleboxylic: 6:43am On Nov 06, 2021
Penguin2:

No more, no less!

Yagazie!

Stupid set of people. What is our business with old eastern region?
What the new Igbo wants is Igbo nation comprising of Igbos in south east, south south and north central. Any other group in old eastern region can form whatever they like.
IPOB should stop this their madness. Old biafra territory is dead and buried and won't resurrect again. God forbid a mini Nigeria for we Igbos.
God bless Igbo nation
God bless alaigbo

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Tranquillity360: 6:45am On Nov 06, 2021
Division of Nigeria is a must.

1 Like

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Racoon(m): 6:46am On Nov 06, 2021
There is an ongoing security onslaught, especially in the South-East, to clamp down on agitators for a separatist state of Biafra. Are they looking at the causes of the agitation? Are they interested in the root causes? .......We work from the answer to the question. For me, I have given up.

"Who wrote the constitution of Nigeria? It is the British and we the elite that wrote it. Were we not the ones who did it? And we decided in our own thinking at the time that we should insert certain provisions that Nigeria is indissoluble, indivisible.....?

....It is time to decide whether to keep the country together or whether to disband it so that everybody can go in peace......"-Prof Ango Abdullahi (Northern Elders Forum).
Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Racoon(m): 6:47am On Nov 06, 2021
And we forgot the history of countries that started as one and ended as many. India started as one and ended up as four. Soviet Union, only some years ago was a super power. They are now 11 countries.

So what is so sacrosanct about any country deciding to take another look at itself and decide what to do?. That is why I am amazed at what is unfolding today. That is why I told the vice president, Osinbajo I support Biafra when he called us for discussions.

He said to me, ‘Prof Ango, what is your view’? I said, ‘Mr Vice President, with due respect, I support Biafra’. He was shocked. He said again, ‘you support Biafra?’, I said, “Why not”? He did not expect it from me.

This is a people who want self determination, and the United Nations charter has made it absolutely clear that people should have the right for self determina-tion So, if indeed it is true that Biafrans want to have self –determination by having a separate country out of Nigeria, why not? All we need to do is to work out the modalities and have a referendum as it happened in Sudan. It is very clear.
Guess the unity beggers & the advocates of by force unity have seen the futility of their delusion? No sane person should wish to remain in a bastardized entity nation Nigeria is today under Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 06, 2021
Good. Thanks Ango. South east is barren, it is poor, it is this and that and yet we are the ones screaming referendum loudest. We are the ones that wanna go . How do people even reason self?

4 Likes

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Emergingnation(m): 6:55am On Nov 06, 2021
johnmartus:
They will call this treasonable confused people that not know what they really want.
Yoruba Muslim stunts, Igbo's want Biafra.... No one even take Ohaneze the sellout elders serious in SE, they ain't speaking for the interest of the masses, rather for their own selfish interest... IPOB we know, cos they working for the collective interest of all Igbo's, irrespective of status..vid vid Biafra !!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Emergingnation(m): 6:56am On Nov 06, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Division of Nigeria is a must.

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Penguin2: 6:58am On Nov 06, 2021
caleboxylic:

Stupid set of people. What is our business with old eastern region?
What the new Igbo wants is Igbo nation comprising of Igbos in south east, south south and north central. Any other group in old eastern region can form whatever they like.
IPOB should stop this their madness. Old biafra territory is dead and buried and won't resurrect again. God forbid a mini Nigeria for we Igbos.
God bless Igbo nation
God bless alaigbo

What is a nation without access to the sea?

1 Like

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by meccuno: 7:00am On Nov 06, 2021
[s]
nairalandankrah:

Elder statesman and Northern Leader, Prof Ango Abdullahi, an octogenarian convener of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) bemoaned what he called the “excesses of the present generation, saying ‘it is time to decide whether to keep the country together or whether to disband it so that everybody can go in peace”. In pangs of regrets, he said the founding fathers must be shifting uneasily in their graves at what the nation has turned to. He blamed the elite for the squandering of the hopes, dreams and aspirations of the sexagenarian nation. He spoke on the diversity of Nigeria, and the predisposition towards disintegration. He said the current security measures to keep the country one is misplaced and wild- goosing. “Do they care about the root causes of the agitations?”, he intoned.

Finally, he gave his nod for the carving out of Biafra out of Nigeria, advising that clamping down on the agitators of the separatist enclave without addressing the root causes is delusionary and futile. He spoke with CHIDI OBINECHE

It is for the elite to be responsible once more. The crises in Nigeria have to do with the elite. They are irresponsible. It is not the ordinary Nigerians that have created the problems for us. It is the elite. When the elite who are supposed to know, by virtue of their advantages in education and everything else, choose not to toe the path of decency and good moral standards, then there will be no solution.

Does it then mean Nigeria will keep going like this?

No. it cannot keep going like this. It will get to a point where it will stop and then we disintegrate. That is the direction it is going now. You can feel it. It is very palpable. It is very sad indeed. The founding fathers will be restless in their graves. They have laboured for us. They got nothing in return except the honours we give them. We keep honouring them because of what they did. But there is nobody who is going to honour our generation because we have done nothing. We are quarrelling among ourselves because of our self interests.

But the current regime is battling to ensure that there is no integration?

Battling what?

There is an ongoing security onslaught, especially in the South-East, to clamp down on agitators for a separatist state of Biafra.

This is where people misunderstand this term ‘security’. Security for what? Is it done physically? Are they looking at the causes of the agitation? Are they interested in the root causes? When you’re sick and go to the hospital, the doctor will not just give you medicine and say take this, this is for you. He will ask questions. What is happening to you? How is it doing you? The questions and answers will determine the root cause of your problem. Then, his prescription will be right and it will fight the problem or illness. That is not what we are doing in this case. We work from the answer to the question. For me, I have given up.

But the country has to be rescued one way or another…

Oh well, we are looking forward to that magic day. My younger brother Kingibe spoke the other day. That is why I say that it is the elite that are responsible for the problems of Nigeria.

Who wrote the constitution of Nigeria? It is the British and we the elite that wrote it. Were we not the ones who did it? And we decided in our own thinking at the time that we should insert certain provisions that Nigeria is indissoluble, is indivisible, whatever, whatever, whatever, as if we were not the ones who created this.

And we forgot the history of countries that started as one and ended as many. India started as one and ended up as four. Soviet Union, only some years ago was a super power. They are now 11 countries. So what is so sacrosanct about any country deciding to take another look at itself and decide what to do?. That is why I am amazed at what is unfolding today. That is why I told the vice president, Osinbajo I support Biafra when he called us for discussions. He said to me, ‘Prof Ango, what is your view’? I said, ‘Mr Vice President, with due respect, I support Biafra’. He was shocked. He said again, ‘you support Biafra?’, I said, “Why not”? He did not expect it from me. This is a people who want self determination, and the United Nations charter has made it absolutely clear that people should have the right for self determination So, if indeed it is true that Biafrans want to have self –determination by having a separate country out of Nigeria, why not? All we need to do is to work out the modalities and have a referendum as it happened in Sudan. It is very clear,

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/prof-ango-abdullahi-i-support-biafra/
[/s]
Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Penguin2: 7:00am On Nov 06, 2021
Amunaotutheory:
Good. Thanks Ango. South east is barren, it is poor, it is this and that and yet we are the ones screaming referendum loudest. We are the ones that wanna go . How do people even reason self?

Honestly

I’m surprised our Yoruba brothers are not joining the call.

Abi Oduduwa republic got arrested with Sunday Igboho?

3 Likes

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Tranquillity360: 7:02am On Nov 06, 2021
hisexcellency34:
Normally that's how northerners and most yorubas are when it come to issue of Biafra.

But Division of Nigeria is a must.

1 Like

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Ayomide811(m): 7:03am On Nov 06, 2021
Angels will be ruling Biafra the moment they become landlocked country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by AntiBMC(m): 7:06am On Nov 06, 2021
He's probably the only sensible and right-thinking human being in the entire north.

Self determination is a constitutional right and must be exercised, whether some parasites from the barren Sahel like it or not.

7 Likes

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Racoon(m): 7:07am On Nov 06, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Normally that's how northerners and most yorubas are when it come to issue of Biafra.But Division of Nigeria is a must.
"..Muhammadu Buhari is an agent of destabilisation, ethnic bigot and religious fanatic who, if given the chance, would ensure the disintegration of the country. His ethnocentrism would jeopardise Nigeria’s national unity.

Tinubu had while campaigning for the then candidate of the Action Congress, Atiku Abubakar, in 2007, described Buhari of the All Nigeria Peoples Party as an ethnic bigot.

Interestingly, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who is now the Minister of Information, was part of Atiku’s campaign team at the time and had lambasted Buhari for saying the late military dictator, General Sani Abacha, did not steal...."

https://punchng.com/tinubu-was-right-for-calling-buhari-a-tribalist-religious-fanatic-says-obasanjo/

So guess you see that these greedy & wicked politicians are all the same only that their hypocrisy will never allow them see their evil past?
Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 7:14am On Nov 06, 2021
Penguin2:

[s]Biafra is the entire Old Eastern region that covers Abia, Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Cross River, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa.[/s]

No more, no less!

Yagazie!
Mister the Biafra that we want is Igbo affair,we don't need useless forsaken minorities in Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: Yes, I Support Biafra,Let us have a referendum - Prof Ango Abdullahi by modsfucker: 7:15am On Nov 06, 2021
Penguin2:

No more, no less!

Yagazie!

Biafra is the entire old eastern region yen yen yen. But we don't see indigenes of those States obeying your useless Waste-At-Home order. Ndi oshi.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Message I Got From A Loan App And Here's My Short Swift Reply. / Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos / See How Seun, Nairaland CEO Critically Attack Islamic Principles On Twitter(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.