Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) (34927 Views)

The Habit Of Remembering Sex Scene While Praying / Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil / Exposition On Tithes, Offering And Firstfruits By Dr Mensah Otabil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by igbowoman: 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
The men who led the African church down this ugly path are making corrections and the Africans are still insisting on the error.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
When Ron Kenoly came to Nigeria in 2003 or so, I heard a singer passionately talking about just how he just wished he could hold Ron Kenoly's leg, that's it's all he desires to do. I mean he kept going on and on and couldn't see anything wrong in that mindset, and I just shook my head and felt really sorry for Him.

God dey there dey wait for who wants to drink,
and who He would fill up with His Spirit, this one na human being leg that he wants to tap anointing or whatever from. I felt really sorry for him but the saddest part is that his mindset is not a odd one in the church but the norm more or less. No one wants to pay the price anymore. Everyone looking for free things, they don't want to do anything to get, hence what they want, they have as the Spirit has left them to themselves.

You'd be shocked to know how many people are worshipping the cult of personality, thinking they are worshipping God. And many "pastors" encourage this. Thank God for this pastor that called people out for this silliness.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Ayo081(m): 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
grin for real?
goodman5:
The thing tire me, back then in 2015, one pastor just finished prophecies to me ,as I dey go back to my sit, na so the members dey touch me, as I enquired about it, dem say dem dey tap from ma grace grin grin angry omo I was like e Dom finish be that na tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Ayo081(m): 1:26pm On Nov 07, 2021
Bigdaddymuge:
Hmmm, this one is deep. Maybe we should read Jude 9, Matthew 9:20-22 and Acts 5:15-16.
My view is that there is a relationship between the person who has become close to God and the physical space of that person?
Is it some sort of placebo effect? Is there something with a deep spiritual meaning when someone believes in something very deeply? Is it faith?...
I’m a learner... I’d like to know.

Read:

John 1:11-12,
John 3:16

Carefully

undecided
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Ayo081(m): 1:29pm On Nov 07, 2021
OmoEpe:
Mesah Otabil,a man I respect tremendously, got it wrong here. When people tap into your grace it is assumed they are tapping into a specific grace of God on your life. No man has a grace on his own, God gives grace, so when people desire that grace,it isn't your grace but the grace of God on your life.
Elisha desired and received the grace of God on Elijah. Not Elijahs grace. No man can receive anything except as giving to him from Above.

Another way of receiving the grace of people is learning under them. Biblically grace is multiplied by knowledge so another way of tapping into your grace is acquiring the knowledge you process in that area that causes the glow of that grace.

It.is never your grace but God's grace upon your life. As Christians it is assumed that all things are from Above and not on earth so it is implied that what is desired is the grace of God bestowed upon your life by God the bestower of the grace.

Elisha desired God's grace bestowed upon Elijah and got it, that doesn't make Elisha mad. It's a matter of intentions not just words.

A wise man once said words means nothing, it's only meaning is what lies in the mind of the speaker.
Seeking to tap into a man of God's grace is simply desiring totap into a specific grace of God on his life. Both ways it is still God's grace because the man processes no grace of his own

You came from a God angle.
But would you deny the fact that many that the Grace for material things? undecided
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by bukatyne(f): 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2021
GboyegaD:
Why do people tap into grace though?

So that the doings in the person's life can be replicated in theirs.

The Christian version of 'show me the way' and 'cut soap for me'.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Mayeldah(m): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2021
Grace tappers association of Nigeria, how far?

How una see the matter?

You can't be lazying about and looking for grace to tap, wait for your time or work harder!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by bukatyne(f): 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
iammolise:
Correct pastor
The one that vexes me the most is the "God of adeboye" chanters... What do y'all mean by that BS, are we not all sons of God.

Anybody could be a pastor

There is God of Abraham, Issac & Jacob in the Bible sha.

Don't be too quick to attack.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by linearity: 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
Bayyajidda:
Today's preachers and supposedly Christians are getting it all wrong especially on grace.

Paul asked "Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid!" Yet a lot of pastors are teaching satanic doctrine from hell called "eternal security" that permits you to continue committing sin around once you have "accepted Christ", courtesy of Grace.

How can you accept Christ and still continue crucifying Him by disobeying Him (continuing in your sins that you supposedly repented from)? Isn't that madness?

Devil is using a lot of pastors to harvest and send careless souls to hell. Read the Bible, you won't. You chose to be following the demonic teachings of pastors that have sold their souls to the devil.

There will be a great surprise over there.

While it is very commendable and biblical to hold on to that school of thought, also remember that all our righteousness are like filthy rages before Him, even your post-repentance righteousness.

Even as no one is saved by their righteousness, the Bible also said, no one is justified by their righteousness. At repentance, you merely took the righteousness of Jesus upon you.

Agreed, we can not continue in obvious Sins that Grace may abound, but if God were to count Sin, no one will be justified. Even at your best at living a righteous life, you commit Sins that are not obvious or intentional.....but regardless, they are Sins are merits the same punishment as the obvious or intentional Sins.

Hence, when Paul was writing to Believers, people who are already saved by His Grace, he still told them..."work out your own salvation with fear and trembling...". Peter was a believer, a proud one for that matter, but he denied Christ three times, even after he was pre-warned about it. Ananias and Sapphira were born again, saved and spirit-filled believers, but they Sinned, despite being Judged on earth, but according to Acts 5:1-10, their souls were eternally saved.

In 1 Cor. 5:4-5, when it was reported that there are fornicators among the Believers, Paul said "..Hand this man over to Stan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his Spirit saved on the day of the Lord.

God said I will love who I will love....The thief on the cross got his salvation at the very last minute...All you need to be saved is to believe in Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. Afterwhich, you are expected to live a righteous life with the full knowledge that, your righteousness will not save you, and the Sinner you despite today might make it to heaven while you miss out. It is important we live the business of Judgement to God and the conclusion of who will go to heaven and who will not, as we are also applicants to heaven and God is a merciful God and will love who He will love, regardless of our disposition.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Drogunov: 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
wordapostle:
God bless you Sir. This grace gospel has been taken out contest by some pastors and members.

And that of prosperity too. The problem is, people don't read the bible and use their senses anymore. Muslims go to the mosque and live their shoes outside; Christians go to church with their brains left outside. That is why these ravaging wolves who call themselves pastors always have a field day with them.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Drogunov: 2:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
linearity:

While it is very commendable and biblical to hold on to that school of thought, also remember that all our righteousness are like filthy rages before Him, even your post-repentance righteousness.

Even as no one is saved by their righteousness, the Bible also said, no one is justified by their righteousness. At repentance, you merely took the righteousness of Jesus upon you.

Agreed, we can not continue in obvious Sins that Grace may abound, but if God were to count Sin, no one will be justified. Even at your best at living a righteous life, you commit Sins that are not obvious or intentional.....but regardless, they are Sins are merits the same punishment as the obvious or intentional Sins.

Hence, when Paul was writing to Believers, people who are already saved by His Grace, he still told them..."work out your own salvation with fear and trembling...". Peter was a believer, a proud one for that matter, but he denied Christ three times, even after he was pre-warned about it. Ananias and Sapphira were born again, saved and spirit-filled believers, but they Sinned, despite being Judged on earth, but according to Acts 5:1-10, their souls were eternally saved.

In 1 Cor. 5:4-5, when it was reported that there are fornicators among the Believers, Paul said "..Hand this man over to Stan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his Spirit saved on the day of the Lord.

God said I will love who I will love....The thief on the cross got his salvation at the very last minute...All you need to be saved is to believe in Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. Afterwhich, you are expected to live a righteous life with the full knowledge that, your righteousness will not save you, and the Sinner you despite today might make it to heaven while you miss out. It is important we live the business of Judgement to God and the conclusion of who will go to heaven and who will not, as we are also applicants to heaven and God is a merciful God and will love who He will love, regardless of our disposition.

If anybody listens to you and accepts your carefully prepared poison, mixing plenty of truth with a drop of lies) that person is doomed to leave in iniquity. Yours is a mystery of lawlessness.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Drogunov: 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2021
bukatyne:

There is God of Abraham, Issac & Jacob in the Bible sha.

Don't be too quick to attack.

It should be the people outside the fold that ought to be using that phrase. Not people whose Father is God.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by linearity: 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2021
Drogunov:

If anybody listens to you and accepts your carefully prepared poison, mixing plenty of truth with a drop of lies) that person is doomed to leave in iniquity. Yours is a mystery of lawlessness.

….and you could not quote even one of those lies, Mr. Righteous One and on their way, expressly to Heaven.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
It is easy to control people. Look at how Covid-19 is used. Lol. We are actually victims esp when we were under our parent. Oh Gal! Mehn! African parents and fake religious stuff. Superstition everywhere.

I dont understand how we practise christianity in Nigeria. It is beyond me. We practically turn pastors to god. Meanwhile, 99.9999% of those pastors dont hear from "jazzz". Dem no dey see "shishi". Dem be empty barrels like their followers. The only thing is that they are guy men, and made their wives mamas. Lol. OMG! How people perish.

The GRACE of our Lord Jesus Christ is it.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Bayyajidda(m): 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
linearity:

God said I will love who I will love....The thief on the cross got his salvation at the very last minute...All you need to be saved is to believe in Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. Afterwhich, you are expected to live a righteous life with the full dz that, your righteousness will not save you, and the Sinner you despite today might make it to heaven while you miss out. It is important we live the business of Judgement to God and the conclusion of who will go to heaven and who will not, as we are also applicants to heaven and God is a merciful God and will love who He will love, regardless of our disposition.

Ever heard of "eternal security"?
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Drogunov: 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
linearity:

….and you could not quote even one of those lies, Mr. Righteous One and on their way, expressly to Heaven.

Honestly, I don't have the luxury of time to show you what you already know.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Calitoscassius(m): 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
All of them are gullible fools, there are no such thing as grace, God or Jesus, they do not exist. They only exist in the empty heads of so called christians, i call them ignorant gullible hyporcritical fools. Religion is africa's main problem.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Dangrace01: 3:35pm On Nov 07, 2021
Bigdaddymuge:
Hmmm, this one is deep. Maybe we should read Jude 9, Matthew 9:20-22 and Acts 5:15-16.
My view is that there is a relationship between the person who has become close to God and the physical space of that person?
Is it some sort of placebo effect? Is there something with a deep spiritual meaning when someone believes in something very deeply? Is it faith?...
I’m a learner... I’d like to know.

Believe in God works
Believe in believe works
Believe in yourself works

Its the mind bro
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by akinade28(f): 3:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
BJanta:

Pastor, your understanding of the Bible is shallow. It's Biblical to tap into another person's grace. Elisha tapped into the anointing of Elijah and received double portion. What is the whole essence of impartation ,especially in the New Testament? Peter in the household of Cornelius, Apostle Paul in Act19 , etc.
"For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established—"
Romans 1:11 NKJV. You're tapping from whoever is imparting to you . Bros and Sis, read your Bible constantly and ask GOD for understanding as you do. Most of these men of GOD can be impediment to spiritual understanding and growth.
Brother, you are the one getting it all wrong. You need a deeper understanding.
The Elijah's case you cited has nothing to do with grace.
Elijah's relationship with Elisha was initiated by God. God already instructed Elijah to anoint Elisha as his replacement 1king 19:16. Then, it was Elijah that asked from Elisha what he wanted from him, not the other way round. It wasn't Elisah that initiated the conversation. Then, Elisha requested for a double portion of Elijah's spirt. All these happened in the old testament where only few people had direct access to God.
Spiritual gift impartation in the new testament was always initiated by the holy spirit, it was the holy spirit that moved peter to go to Cornelius house, an angel apeared to Cornelius as well to invite peter. Peter reported that while he was still preaching the Holy Ghost came upon them.
Also, for Paul's case in act 19, it was also Paul that initiated the conversation not vice versa, he asked them "have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed?
Roman 1:11 it was also Paul that initiated it. He longed to impart to them spiritual gifts.
It is very different from people going up and down looking for whose grace to tap into, or looking for ways to tap into other people's grace.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by FullBlastLight: 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2021
Yeyenairaland:
Almighty God will continue to bless this man

Oyedepo and adeboye will frown to such message

U know nothing abt somtin u're talking abt!

D Pst isn't outrightly right, yap!
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by FullBlastLight: 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
EnemyofGod22:
God doesn't exist.

Know this and have peace of mind.

...and u must hv 2 openly let everybody know u're a fool? Huh?
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Christistruth00: 4:11pm On Nov 07, 2021
Many African Christians are still battling with Pagan Beliefs
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Ccss: 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by yoursidenigga(m): 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
ANDREW91:

What of the woman that touched the garment of Jesus. He was healed. I have seen alot of testimonies where people touch a man of God and received healings. Or is it not same thing?
Jesus is the source of grace na Chief...

Your argument na Off point
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
yoursidenigga:

Jesus is the source of grace na Chief...

Your argument na Off point
I didnt argued? I only asked for clarification or didnt u see the question mark there?
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by GboyegaD(m): 5:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
bukatyne:

So that the doings in the person's life can be replicated in theirs.

The Christian version of 'show me the way' and 'cut soap for me'.

You no know how the person waka ooo. Just the way I don't like when people say God of a pastor not in the Bible since we don't have the person's story.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by GboyegaD(m): 5:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
lifenija:

how do people tap grace? plz make una dey rest for talk wen no make sense

They just say it noni.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by bukatyne(f): 5:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
GboyegaD:

You no know how the person waka ooo. Just the way I don't like when people say God of a pastor not in the Bible since we don't have the person's story.

Awon grace tappers.

That's how they tapped from Tonto Dike's and Annie Idibia's grace cheesy

I low key don't feel comfortable with God of X (who is not in the Bible).

You really do not know the full story.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:19pm On Nov 07, 2021
ANDREW91:

What of the woman that touched the garment of Jesus. He was healed. I have seen alot of testimonies where people touch a man of God and received healings. Or is it not same thing?
We're not speaking about touching to get healed but to be able to do such things which the person you touch was able to do just by touching the person. It's a good thing you mentioned Jesus, because He's the perfect example of an anointed, but kindly show me just one place where someone was able to tap into His anointing to do works just by touching Him?
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Yeyenairaland(m): 5:24pm On Nov 07, 2021
FullBlastLight:

U know nothing abt somtin u're talking abt!

D Pst isn't outrightly right, yap!

You know everything you're talking about

Keep on kissing the shoes and chairs of your GOs, yap!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? / "Buhari Will End Recession In 2017" - Olumba Olumba / A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.