Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,100 members, 7,814,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) (34937 Views)

The Habit Of Remembering Sex Scene While Praying / Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil / Exposition On Tithes, Offering And Firstfruits By Dr Mensah Otabil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:00am On Nov 07, 2021
damilola4162:
A Ghanian pastor identified as Mensah Otabil, has reportedly lambast Christians who are in the habit of ''tapping'' into other Christians's grace, Newspremises reports.

Pastor Otabil who chastised Christian for tapping into other Christian's grace, while speaking at at a church event recently, explained that, it is unbiblical to do so as the grace of God is available for all Christians to access and that it is unwise to tap grace from a pastor and not from the source of the grace.

According to him,

''These days I hear things from some Christians and it hurts me. My heart is wounded. People say things to me like ''Pastor, I want to tap into your grace. Sometimes they come and hold your feet. I say ''Are you crazy?''. What is wrong with you?My grace? Where did you read it in the bible? My Grace? It is the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

"How we can read the bible and still be foolish I don't get it. It is not as if the bible is a secret document. It's there. Written plain white. And then you will say you are coming to tap into my grace. Me Mensah Otabil? Are you mad?

"I live by the grace of God. If yu have to tap into grace, commensensically go to the source. What's wrong with your head. If you need grace, go to the giver of grace.''

Watch him taking about this in the video below:
[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H9j8PeG36c][/url]

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/are-you-mad-pastor-lambast-people-who-are-in-the-habit-of-tapping-from-other-peoples-grace-video/

"You will never see nairaland residential pastor Righteousness2 grace the front page of news like this, Pastor wey no dey come church on Sunday is dat one pastor?".- Village People spokesperson.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Gkemz: 10:01am On Nov 07, 2021
Yes he's right. The one that annoys me most is when an unrepentant sinner who should be asking for God's mercy is bragging of God's grace in his or her evil business.
That's why church has been turned to an abode for criminals and harlots who on sunday deceive themselves. I stopped attending one of these pentecostal churches because of heresies they preach about God's grace.
Grace is available only to the sons and daughters of God who have been washed. A sinner only obtain mercy which is available to everyone because our God is a merciful father, not grace.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Patrioticman007(m): 10:02am On Nov 07, 2021
tutudesz:
You don't even know source of the grace you are taping into undecided what if the grace is two human heads

And human blood

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Myer(m): 10:03am On Nov 07, 2021
wordapostle:
God bless you Sir. This grace gospel has been taken out contest by some pastors and members.

While I get the pastor's point.
It is however not madness to tap into another person's grace. In fact it is biblical.

Genesis 12:3
I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

Jacob enjoyed the grace of God on Abraham.
Laban enjoyed the grace of God on Jacob.
Egypt enjoyed the grace of God on Joseph.
We are all enjoying the grace of God on Jesus Christ.

The pastor's point is valid especially as a Christian. That no one owns grace except God and we all enjoy it through Jesus Christ.

So why tap from a receiver when you can tap directly from the source?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Caseless: 10:03am On Nov 07, 2021
ANDREW91:

What of the woman that touched the garment of Jesus. He was healed. I have seen alot of testimonies where people touch a man of God and received healings. Or is it not same thing?
you are one of the brainwashed Africans.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 07, 2021
femi4:
Jesus is full of grace and truth

He's the source of grace
What of the days of prophets Elijah and Elisha?
They did alot of things that if any pastor do now, alot of us will criticise them and call them fake, and endtime pastors
We all should be careful the way will criticise pastors.
Some men of God can still call down fire from heaven today
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 07, 2021
Caseless:
you are one of the brainwashed Africans.
If brainwashed can get me to heaven please let be brainwashed in peace

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by femi4: 10:06am On Nov 07, 2021
ANDREW91:

What of the days of prophets Elijah and Elisha?
They did alot of things that if any pastor do now, alot of us will criticise them and call them fake, and endtime pastors
We all should be careful the way will criticise pastors.
Some men of God can still call down fire from heaven today
Mantle and grace ain't the same

Mantle is a gift/talent, while grace is a privileged

You can have same gift like mine but not same grace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Kiddo01(m): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2021
That's the level of damage the devil has done to Christendom

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by femi4: 10:11am On Nov 07, 2021
ANDREW91:

If brainwashed can get me to heaven please let be brainwashed in peace
Indeed your brain is washed. I can see you are attacking everyone
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by djkaneo(m): 10:13am On Nov 07, 2021
Freestainworld:
That is how they finished hushpuppys grace, now he is looking for grace in the prison.

Guy! cheesy
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by myk2mic: 10:14am On Nov 07, 2021
femi4:
Mantle and grace ain't the same

Mantle is a gift/talent, while grace is a privileged

You can have same gift like mine but not same grace

Word brother, I really felt this statement, also to add that in the old testament no one went to God directly they had to go through prophets to get to God, but under the new convent ,we all have access to God through Jesus . So his grace is available to all men.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Tomahawk99(m): 10:17am On Nov 07, 2021
Well spoken sir.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by sabreal: 10:20am On Nov 07, 2021
Hmmmm

Though it sounds rude, its the truth

damilola4162:
A Ghanian pastor identified as Mensah Otabil, has reportedly lambast Christians who are in the habit of ''tapping'' into other Christians's grace, Newspremises reports.

Pastor Otabil who chastised Christian for tapping into other Christian's grace, while speaking at at a church event recently, explained that, it is unbiblical to do so as the grace of God is available for all Christians to access and that it is unwise to tap grace from a pastor and not from the source of the grace.

According to him,

''These days I hear things from some Christians and it hurts me. My heart is wounded. People say things to me like ''Pastor, I want to tap into your grace. Sometimes they come and hold your feet. I say ''Are you crazy?''. What is wrong with you?My grace? Where did you read it in the bible? My Grace? It is the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

"How we can read the bible and still be foolish I don't get it. It is not as if the bible is a secret document. It's there. Written plain white. And then you will say you are coming to tap into my grace. Me Mensah Otabil? Are you mad?

"I live by the grace of God. If yu have to tap into grace, commensensically go to the source. What's wrong with your head. If you need grace, go to the giver of grace.''

Watch him taking about this in the video below:
[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H9j8PeG36c][/url]

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/are-you-mad-pastor-lambast-people-who-are-in-the-habit-of-tapping-from-other-peoples-grace-video/
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by MRDEE01: 10:23am On Nov 07, 2021
Freestainworld:
That is how they finished hushpuppys grace, now he is looking for grace in the prison.

grin
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by mu2sa2: 10:24am On Nov 07, 2021
ENIGMATIC2023:
90% of African Christians are brainwashed.
And the remaining 10% are......... ( your guess is as good as mine).
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Stevyne: 10:26am On Nov 07, 2021
Gravity56:
On this thread anybody can comment freely without restritions but on fridays all the Islamic topics will be restricted, Unless you Accept Islam you can't make contributions.....God will punish Niaraland and their MODs.
Amen! Amen!! Amen!!!
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 07, 2021
femi4:
Indeed your brain is washed. I can see you are attacking everyone
Oga leave the brain alone
Is it ur brain?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Sheriman(m): 10:29am On Nov 07, 2021
They had better go and find better business or work to do instead of tapping imaginary grace up and down grin grin smiley cheesy
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:45am On Nov 07, 2021
shigishege:
this your religion has taken away the real sense from your head. You don't see where that pastor is saying "are you mad" "are you crazy" I know you won't see any bad thing in that right?? Is that what your religion teach you.

He was asking questions.

Nothing bad in that.

Perhaps, you don't understand the meaning of grace

Otherwise, you would know that only a mad or crazy person will be tapping into someone else's grace.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by FlipModeSquade(m): 10:48am On Nov 07, 2021
Another nonsense talk from the deluded Sheep..

Grace ko..

Glue ni..

Is that why Africa is still a SH1TH0LE? angry
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2021
One of the few men of God who actually teach and speak the undiluted truth!!!... Keep it up sir.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:55am On Nov 07, 2021
No be small insult person dey collect inside church.

I’m my younger days a reverend father flogged me with cincture because say some guys no turn up to serve mass; we all got beaten like common criminals.

I swear the Bible wasn’t wrong we’re SHEEPS
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 10:56am On Nov 07, 2021
shigishege:
this your religion has taken away the real sense from your head. You don't see where that pastor is saying "are you mad" "are you crazy" I know you won't see any bad thing in that right?? Is that what your religion teach you.

It's a simple question actually... Not an insult.

You are either mad or normal. If normal, do what is normal.

There is absolutely nothing normal about leaving the true source of Grace and tapping from what or where you don't know.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by akinade28(f): 10:56am On Nov 07, 2021
[img][/img]
OmoEpe:
Mesah Otabil,a man I respect tremendously, got it wrong here. When people tap into your grace it is assumed they are tapping into a specific grace of God on your life. No man has a grace on his own, God gives grace, so when people desire that grace,it isn't your grace but the grace of God on your life.
Elisha desired and received the grace of God on Elijah. Not Elijahs grace. No man can receive anything except as giving to him from Above.

Another way of receiving the grace of people is learning under them. Biblically grace is multiplied by knowledge so another way of tapping into your grace is acquiring the knowledge you process in that area that causes the glow of that grace.

It.is never your grace but God's grace upon your life. As Christians it is assumed that all things are from Above and not on earth so it is implied that what is desired is the grace of God bestowed upon your life by God the bestower of the grace.

Elisha desired God's grace bestowed upon Elijah and got it, that doesn't make Elisha mad. It's a matter of intentions not just words.

A wise man once said words means nothing, it's only meaning is what lies in the mind of the speaker.
Seeking to tap into a man of God's grace is simply desiring totap into a specific grace of God on his life. Both ways it is still God's grace because the man processes no grace of his own

The example you cited has nothing to do with grace. 2 king 2:9 only mentioned Elisha requested for a double portion of Elijah's spirt. That was also in the old testament where only few people had direct access to God and could manifest the supernatural. Jesus broke the barrier, so everyone has a direct access to God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by APOSTLEIYKE(m): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Hushpuppi's grace? The boy was a thief and a foolish one at that. What has grace to do with any of what happened to him. undecided

And by the way, God's grace refers to the eternal life given those who believe in God. You cannot "tap" or share or have more of it... it just is. undecided
This Hushpoppy of person everybody is talking about, is he a YORUBA person, or is that name a nickname. Never had of if before.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Zinpat: 11:01am On Nov 07, 2021
I don't see anything wrong in tapping into someone else's grace for grace is of different levels. Some people's own are at d ankle level, some knee level, some loin level while some people's own are overflowing, Ezekiel 47:3-5.
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 11:02am On Nov 07, 2021
ANDREW91:

What of the woman that touched the garment of Jesus. He was healed. I have seen alot of testimonies where people touch a man of God and received healings. Or is it not same thing?

That was Christ, the Son of God... He is the actual source of Grace according to scriptures.

Christ was worshipped and received worship while on Earth. That was his due! Solely Him and His father in Heaven.

In any case, she wasn't tapping grace... She was reaching out to receive healing in the only way she could by faith due to the impossibility of meeting him face to face due to the crowd!

This is quite distinct from the worship of fellow men by most Christians of today in the name of 'tapping grace'!!!

What most Christians do with their pastors and church leaders today is nothing but idolatry!
Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Kobojunkie: 11:04am On Nov 07, 2021
APOSTLEIYKE:

This Hushpoppy of person everybody is talking about, is he a YORUBA person, or is that name a nickname. Never had of if before.
I have no real knowledge of who he is, other than the fact that he is a thief undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 11:06am On Nov 07, 2021
Yeyenairaland:
Almighty God will continue to bless this man

Oyedepo and adeboye will frown to such message

The Adeboye you are talking about or demeaning is one of the few humble clergymen left in the world today... The man is an epitome of simplicity.

He has never directly or indirectly alluded such godhood to himself or even encouraged self worship.

If people worship him, they do so out of choice or volition, not in anyway by his leading.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) by Babalola0920: 11:16am On Nov 07, 2021
Alison madueke is a CHRISTAIN TERRORIST

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet Nigel Gaisie: "I Have Slept With Other Women Apart From My Wife" / A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! / Father Jude Slumps And Dies In Cameroon While Preaching During Sunday Mass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.