Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni (12982 Views)

Poll: Tinubu as the Asiwaju of Yorubas

Good idea: 29% (29 votes)
Bad idea: 70% (68 votes)
This poll has ended

What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat / The Asiwaju Of Corruption Has Been Exposed / Vstuf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by wales(m): 6:41am On Jun 06, 2011
Make Tinubu Yoruba Leader – Group!

A pressure group, Save the Masses and Children’s Heart Association, has appealed to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, to install former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, as the Asiwaju of Yorubaland.

The leader of the group, Mr. Akin Joye, who led other members to the Punch office in Akure, on Saturday, explained that the opinion of many credible leaders in the South-West was that Tinubu should be appreciated for the roles he played in the just concluded general elections.

Joye explained that the group had visited major towns in Yorubaland, including Kwara, Kogi and Edo States and that the consensus of many people was that “Tinubu is for now the rallying point for all Yorubas.”

He said, “We have gone round the entire Yoruba- speaking areas of this country and held wide consultations with traditional rulers, leaders of thoughts, heads of religious institutions, students and leaders of many trade associations.

“A common response from the people we consulted during the tour was that since everybody in Yorubaland believes that Ife was their cradle, the Ooni should be prevailed upon to install Tinubu as the Asiwaju of Yorubaland, in conjunction with other Yoruba traditional rulers.”

Joye explained that Tinubu had been demonstrating his love for the Yoruba race since he was governor of Lagos State when he appointed people across the South-West states, including Kwara and Kogi, into his cabinet, despite protests from Lagos indigenes.
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110606212671
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by EkoIle1: 6:48am On Jun 06, 2011
Long overdue.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by houvest: 9:19am On Jun 06, 2011
Interesting. Tinubu has already taken that position. Power is not given but taken. What the group ought to canvass for is a stronger Afenifere to keep Tinubu in check and give him balance, advice and accountability because absolute power will eventually corrupt absolutely.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Wizardofoz: 9:23am On Jun 06, 2011
God Forbid!

I will personally go to the middle of Enuwa and blow myself up if Ooni does anything that stupid!
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by kayoday(m): 9:34am On Jun 06, 2011
Na only yoruba leader, dem for giv am Egbesu leader. Wetin he do to deserve dat position?
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by dejavus: 9:57am On Jun 06, 2011
Wizardofoz:

God Forbid!

I will personally go to the middle of Enuwa and blow myself up if Ooni does anything that silly!

Make that 2 of Us,  by the way where is Enuwa by any chance?
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by playmode(m): 10:02am On Jun 06, 2011
hahaha grin grin grin Tinubu is a very clever guy,i give him that.He has been planning this for years.His dress code and his glasses make him look like a modern day AWOLOWO. I don't have any problems with them appointing him as a leader of the Yorubas as long as they also create a body that can keep him in check.Power corrupts and no one is immune from such corruption.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by dustydee: 11:16am On Jun 06, 2011
Aare Musiwa must hear this. [size=4pt]runs off to tell Musiwa[/size]
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by tpia5: 11:24am On Jun 06, 2011
I thought he was already an asiwaju or why do people call him that if he wasnt.

@ topic

true he did appoint people to his cabinet from all across the region. I guess he works well with others.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Wizardofoz: 11:55am On Jun 06, 2011
tpia@:

I thought he was already an asiwaju or why do people call him that if he wasnt.

@ topic

true he did appoint people to his cabinet from all across the region. I guess he works well with others.

Very stupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid contribution

He is the Asiwaju of Lagos, not the Asiwaju/leader of Yorubaland

Only the Ooni can confer the Asiwaju of Yorubaland title.

Remember Oba Aderemi and Awo?
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Jarus(m): 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2011
I beg to disagree with this group. Tinubu IMO is not 'omoluabi' enough to be the Yoruba leader compared to past Yoruba leaders: Awolowo - Ajasin - Adesanya. Obasanjo was in a prime position to take this but he messed up his chance. I don't know any Yoruba leader that satisfies this statesmanly condition today.

But being an indisputable warrior, I think he is qualified for Aare Ona Kakanfo(Generalissimo) of Yorubaland, a position previously held by Akintola and Abiola(which has place in Yoruba tradition more than the former anyway).
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 06, 2011
Jarus:

I beg to disagree with this group. Tinubu is not 'omoluabi' enough to be the Yoruba leader compared to past Yoruba leaders: Awolowo - Ajasin - Adesanya

But he is qualified for Aare Ona Kakanfo(Generalissimo) of Yorubaland, a position previously held by Akintola and Abiola.

I agree. Maybe we'll finally get an Aare that will not work against the Yorubas and OBJ won't be able to live it down. (Heard he's been lobbying the Alaafin for the title)
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by aljharem3: 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2011
Jarus:

I beg to disagree with this group. Tinubu IMO is not 'omoluabi' enough to be the Yoruba leader compared to past Yoruba leaders: Awolowo - Ajasin - Adesanya. Obasanjo was in a prime position to take this but he messed up his chance. I don't know any Yoruba leader that satisfies this statesmanly condition today.

But being an indisputable warrior, I think he is qualified for Aare Ona Kakanfo(Generalissimo) of Yorubaland, a position previously held by Akintola and Abiola(which has place in Yoruba tradition more than the former anyway).

I am highly disappointed in your comment
Eko Ile:

Long overdue.

what is the difference between bankole, tinubu and bode george

tell me and don't insult
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by MMM2(m): 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2011
any how
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2011
Wizardofoz:

God Forbid!

I will personally go to the middle of Enuwa and blow myself up if Ooni does anything that silly!

Are u from Pakistan? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 06, 2011
men, looks like an old fashioned glasses, and some lace attire could really take u places
i need to go back to osun state, and look for my grandpa glasses, and his bad azz lace
maybe wen i return,i might become the war lord of ife
and in turn marry seven virgins
only if i dnt end up getting blowed up like osama, and thrown into the osa river
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 06, 2011
odiaero:

he really his, rm pakistan with love, oh i mean death
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by ektbear: 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2011
eh. . .
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by violent(m): 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2011
Wizardofoz:

Very stupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid contribution

He is the Asiwaju of Lagos, not the Asiwaju/leader of Yorubaland

Only the Ooni can confer the Asiwaju of Yorubaland title.

Remember Oba Aderemi and Awo?

I am saying this unapologetically, you are very daft!

someone asked a question and to you it's a silly contribution? 
what sort of mannerless e-diot are you?  if the dude knows the answer, do you suppose he'd ask?
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by johnie: 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2011
Jarus:

That is no longer a popular title.

The last two holders of that title did not bargain for what they got- the manner of their deaths.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by johnie: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2011
wales:

Make Tinubu Yoruba Leader – Group!

A pressure group, Save the Masses and Children’s Heart Association, has appealed to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, to install former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, as the Asiwaju of Yorubaland.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110606212671

What has 'Save the Masses and Children’s Heart' got to do with politics or culture?

Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Wizardofoz: 2:41pm On Jun 06, 2011
odiaero:

No, from Afghanistan, from my mother side though.

My Father is Nigerian. Why did you ask?

violent:

I am saying this unapologetically, you are very daft!

someone asked a question and to you it's a silly contribution? 
what sort of mannerless e-diot are you?  if the dude knows the answer, do you suppose he'd ask?

For every silly question, this is www.google.com

The power of Google baby! Use it, and you shall testify to the goodness of Larry page
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Jun 06, 2011
johnie:

What has 'Save the Masses and Children’s Heart' got to do with politics or culture?

That is a very good question! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by aljharem3: 2:45pm On Jun 06, 2011
johnie:

Kobojunkie:

That is a very good question! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

as usually probably paid by people like gbawe/eko ile or tinubu himself

i mean tinubu is not even loved in lagos state undecided
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Wizardofoz: 2:46pm On Jun 06, 2011
johnie:

That is no longer a popular title.

The last two holders of that title did not bargain for what they got- the manner of their deaths.

Very stoooopid contribution

All Ona kakanfos die, manner of death is inconsequential

We shall all die. Death is the destination we all share. No one has and will ever escape it.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by aljharem3: 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2011
^^^^^^

am loving this new monker

kudos, most of this people really do not know what they are saying
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by violent(m): 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2011
For every silly question, this is www.google.com

The power of Google baby! Use it, and you shall testify to the goodness of Larry page

There's no point attempting to mask your idiocy. There are no st[i]u[/i]pid questions you [i]i[/i]diot, the fact that it is easier for you to answer doesn't make it st[i]u[/i]pid!

and no, not all answers are found on google, stop being a dolt!
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by houvest: 2:58pm On Jun 06, 2011
Jarus:

You could start by explaining what you put in inverted comas unless you want your contribution to be meaningless to non-Yoruba speakers. However let me ask from what I understand from the rest of your post if Tinubu has not become the de facto Yoruba political leader through his visionary founding of ACN and determined overthrow of PDP  and OBJ ( that has forced him to an untimely political retirement) in the SW. Tinubu is already a king and kingmaker. What remains is his coronation and title which in my own opinion, he does not need. If he purifies his ways and submits to a mutually respected partnership with Afenifere,  all Yorubas will eventually come to hate to love him and eventually accept him. The coronation and title will be brought to him like the Romans were begging Julius to be emperor. Love him or hate him, Tinubu is a fantastic politician. He only needs guidance or help from a group like Afenifere to be a statesman so he needs to be advised to protect himself from himself by not alienating or destroying them in a quest to be a total leader like  his co-senator, Palpatine in Star Wars.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by KnowAll(m): 3:23pm On Jun 06, 2011
[mm
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by KnowAll(m): 3:24pm On Jun 06, 2011
[size=18pt]Aara ona Kakanfo is the most prestigious Title in Yorubaland any other title is a short-changed title, the Alaafin of Oyo is [/size] [size=18pt]the only person that can confer that title on anyone. This new title by Ooni is a mordern day perversion and an abberation  that has little or no weight[/size].  
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by DEEHASAL(m): 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2011
General Adekunle(rtd) has been given the title and I am not sure Tinubu will be interested in such titles.
Alaafin of Oyo and NOT Ooni is entitled to install anything Yorubaland.
Ooni is just being greedy.
Besides Oyo empire covers the entire Yorubaland(Ife included) to neighbouring Ghana,Togo and Benin

Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by EkoIle1: 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2011
alj_harem:

I am highly disappointed in your comment[b]
what is the difference between bankole, tinubu and bode george[/b]

tell me and don't insult

One was convicted and sent to jail

One just got arrested for corruption and embezzlement

Tinubu is yet to be confronted with or arrested for anything under the laws of Nigeria

The difference is clear, but many like because of their silly bad bele and lack of understanding and ability to reason logically like an adult throws around ignorant accusations and baseless nonsense.

Tinubu-

Tinubu via NADECO fought, stake his life on the line and gave us democracy

Tinubu as the governor of Lagos state showed leadership and courage by not selling out under PDP OBJ pressure, he refused to back down and he protected the state of Lagos for the people of Lagos.

Lagos is not in the hands of the ever corrupt and incompetent PDP because of Tinubu

Lagos is the shinning example of great leadership because of Tinubu

His great leadership and sense of wisdom gave us the best and the most credible governor in Nigeria

What many Lagosians and Nigerians in general love about Lagos state in terms of infrastructure and policies was designed and put in place by Tunubu

Many people gripe about Tinubu owning Alpha Beta which is absolutely irrelevant considering the fact that the same people attributes the success of the state to it's ability to generate huge IGR.

The question now is, who set the stage for the huge IGR? Whose knowledge and wisdom is making it possible for Fashola to be able to do all the great things he's doing in Lagos because of the huge IGR?

Shouldn't many of these misguided people and their states be advocating and looking their own Alpha Beta to revolutionize their tax system and generate enough money to do what the Lagos state government is doing or at least something similar to help their people?

The Yoruba people suffered under lousy and shameful PDP leadership, many of our own disgraced the Yoruba people and set us back. Tinubu single-handedly fought the same evil people with his smarts and wisdom to wrestle Yoruba land from the hands of the hands of the PDP, we basically got rid of all the corrupt and evil forces in Yoruba land.

Tinubu gave us a news sense of pride and joy, he gave us a new beginning, a defined path and way forward.

Today, many in Nigeria are celebrating the arrest of Bankole. The EFCC was able to arrest Bankole because he was defeated in the last election, he lost his powerful seat, he lost his immunity, it all happened because of one man/Tinubu. By orchestrating the defeat of many of these PDP politicians in the SW, he made it easy for them to be arrested and prosecuted.

Good for Nigeria that we have a vibrant, credible and powerful opposition in Nigeria today and the leader of that opposition is Tinubu

This same opposition party/ACN is the only opposition party in Nigeria we are all depending on to keep the PDP in check

Trashing Tinubu is something you are free to do, but it doesn't mean you know anything about the man, it dosn't mean you know what you are trashing.

Your petty and misguided actions basically reflects your own ignorance, lack of depth, sense and good judgment.

I see you runjing all over the place calling the man a criminal, but since you asked me a question and I answered you question.

I need you to tell us what made him a criminal.

What crime/s was he arrested and convicted for?

What proof and evidence of wrong doing  do you have beyond hearsay and rumors?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chibok Girls : We Are Not Against Third Party Dialogue – Jonathan / Alhaji Yahaya Bello: The New APC Gubernatorial Candidate In Kogi State / Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.