Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni (12973 Views)

Poll: Tinubu as the Asiwaju of Yorubas

Good idea: 29% (29 votes)
Bad idea: 70% (68 votes)
This poll has ended

What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat / The Asiwaju Of Corruption Has Been Exposed / Vstuf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2011
2muchlogic:

Scrap the titles, the system is rotten; we need to elect ethical politicians and if they do not perform - bye, bye.  

The Alaafin, the Ooni, and the Obas should do their job of protecting and promoting Yoruba culture, which in turn will promote tourism – they need to stay out of politics.  As Yoruba people we need to move forward and start encouraging worldclass leadership, based on meritocracy, without interference from people who have power due to their birth.

Seems to me like you after Utopia. Good luck with that
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by aribisala0(m): 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2011
awolowo,wole soyinka,fela, have all done more for yorubas than bola tinubu and did not get any yorubaland titles.
such titles is a residual embarassing habit of yorubas. inane and vacuous. people in public service do not need this.
it is embarassing that people who went to school are advocating this.

what title do you give the people who invented the internet, ipod , washing machine etc. we are here talking asiwaju .
no wonder some people call us monkeys
yorubaland ko africa ni
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2011
dayokanu:

The family of the Keneddies have been contesting elections ever since and been winning

Are you comparing the Tinubu's with the Kennedy's? have fun  grin grin grin grin

dayokanu:

Bill Clintons wife contested for the Democratic ticket

Hillary is a world class Lawyer who met bill at princeton (an Ivy league university), they both participated in a political career.  She did not cook egusi soup and eba for 10 years then wake up and say she wanted to be a politician.

dayokanu:

George H Bush sons were President and Governor of Florida

Yes, Dubya was the son of Bush and GOD told him in church one day to be the president of the land of the free - we all know what the result was.  Thats what happens when corruption prevails and one family gets its way, do you see Jebb Bush running anytime soon? Do we Yoruba people want to follow that kind of example?  grin grin grin grin

dayokanu:

I ask whats wrong with Tinubus wife being Senator?

Can you tell me what makes her the best candidate; what are the unique qualities of this lady that will bring about progress? Dose Remi Tinubu she have any track record in politics? How was she chosen?
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2011
naijababe:

Seems to me like you after Utopia. Good luck with that

So serving with transparency, excellence, ethics and accountability is seeking Utopia? You are the ultimate pessimist  undecided
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2011
aribisala0:

awolowo,wole soyinka,fela, have all done more for yorubas than bola tinubu and did not get any yorubaland titles.
such titles is a residual embarassing habit of yorubas. inane and vacuous. people in public service do not need this.

what title do you give the people who invented the internet, ipod , washing machine etc. we are here talking asiwaju .
no wonder some people call us monkeys
yorubaland ko africa ni

Awo was Asiwaju for your information and also a politician, the others showed no interest in chieftancy titles and hence were not conferred with any. While I have no interest in titles personally, I see no reason to claim any moral or human superiority over those who do. The queen still confers titles, does that make the the Brits monkeys ?  undecided

Maybe this link will help you understand why some people think an  Asiwaju has to be chosen.

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/harticles/how_obafemi_awolowo_became_the_l.htm
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2011
2muchlogic:

So serving with transparency, excellence, ethics and accountability is seeking Utopia? You are the ultimate pessimist  undecided

Okay this is part I want you to pay attention to due to their birth.

It's a fact of life that some people are simply going to get ahead by virtue of their birth, from America to Nigeria or wherever.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 9:57pm On Jun 06, 2011
naijababe:

Okay this is part I want you to pay attention to due to their birth.

It's a fact of life that some people are simply going to get ahead by virtue of their birth, from America to Nigeria or wherever.

There you go again, cherry picking  grin grin grin grin I said:--

[size=15pt]As Yoruba people we need to move forward and start encouraging worldclass leadership, based on meritocracy, without interference from people who have power due to their birth.[/size]

You must take my words in totality, otherwise you will be referring to what i am saying out of context; let me know the part that needs further clarification.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by dayokanu(m): 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2011
Hillary is a world class Lawyer who met bill at princeton (an Ivy league university), they both participated in a political career. She did not cook egusi soup and eba for 10 years then wake up and say she wanted to be a politician.

Remi is a Lawyer, trained in Ife, One of the best University in Nigeria and is now a Senator

Draw parallels

Yes, Dubya was the son of Bush and GOD told him in church one day to be the president of the land of the free - we all know what the result was. Thats what happens when corruption prevails and one family gets its way, do you see Jebb Bush running anytime soon? Do we Yoruba people want to follow that kind of example?

If it happens in advanced America why not in Nigeria?
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2011
dayokanu:

Remi is a Lawyer, trained in Ife, One of the best University in Nigeria and is now a Senator

Draw parallels

Draw parallels between a former housewife and full-time professional lady like Hilary or between Princeton and Ife which one?  grin grin

dayokanu:

If it happens in advanced America why not in Nigeria?

Well there you go, again if thats your response to:
[size=13pt]Yes, Dubya was the son of Bush and GOD told him in church one day to be the president of the land of the free - we all know what the result was.  Thats what happens when corruption prevails and one family gets its way, do you see Jebb Bush running anytime soon? Do we Yoruba people want to follow that kind of example? [/size]

Are you sure you love your own people? You want corruption to prevail and economic ruin to follow?  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by aribisala0(m): 10:20pm On Jun 06, 2011
naijababe:

Awo was Asiwaju for your information and also a politician, the others showed no interest in chieftancy titles and hence were not conferred with any. While I have no interest in titles personally, I see no reason to claim any moral or human superiority over those who do. The queen still confers titles, does that make the the Brits monkeys ?  undecided

Maybe this link will help you understand why some people think an  Asiwaju has to be chosen.

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/harticles/how_obafemi_awolowo_became_the_l.htm

who conferred awo  with this title and when.

i was in secondary school in the second republic and do not recall him being addressed as asiwaju,ever.
the queen does not confer titles there are hereditary titles,political peerages and merit awards. merit awards are graded and open to all.
having said that even if she did does that make if right.
getting validation from "the Brits do it so it must be a good thing" is a mindset we must be vigilant to ward off.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2011
aribisala0:

who conferred awo  with this title and when.

i was in secondary school in the second republic and do not recall him being addressed as asiwaju,ever.
the queen does not confer titles there are hereditary titles,political peerages and merit awards. merit awards are graded and open to all.
having said that even if she did does that make if right.
getting validation from "the Brits do it so it must be a good thing" is a mindset we must be vigilant to ward off.

grin did u read the link or not? You seem to ignore the fact that some of our titles especially the one in question can be referred to as a merit award. I was only drawing you to an analogy by stating the bolded rather than using the Brits to validate a Nigerian practice. Simply put, I have no personal ambition to have a title but I also do not take superior position to people who do. Unless I have misunderstood, you seem to think not buying into the practice makes you better than people who do.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by dayokanu(m): 10:45pm On Jun 06, 2011
2muchlogic:

Draw parallels between a former housewife and full-time professional lady like Hilary or between Princeton and Ife which one? grin grin

Whats corrupt about Remi Tinubu representing her constituency at the senate?

Princeton one of the best Univerisities in America, Ife one of the best Universities in Nigeria
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Wizardofoz: 10:53pm On Jun 06, 2011
^^^^

Remi Tinubu is not a lawyer

She was an education major at Ife!

That said, it is unfair to compare Remi with Hillary

Hillary was and is still a pace-setter

Hillary is Obinrin -metta
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2mch(m): 10:55pm On Jun 06, 2011
Wizardofoz:

^^^^

Remi Tinubu is not a lawyer

He was an education major at Ife!

That said, it is unfair to compare Remi with Hillary

Hillary was and is still a pace-setter

Hillary is Obinrin -metta
grin grin grin grin
Remi Tinubu is a teacher and Tinubu is a what? We still dont know.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Wizardofoz: 10:55pm On Jun 06, 2011
Mrs Oluremi Tinubu was born on September 21st 1960 as the twelfth child of Chief and Mrs. John Ikusebiala (Odugbesan) of Ogun State. She had her secondary education at Our Lady of Apostles Secondary School Ijebu-Ode. She holds a Bachelor of [size=18pt]Science Degree in Education[/size] (Biology) from University of Ife, now known as the Obafemi Awolowo University as well as a National Certificate of Education in Botany and Zoology from the Adeyemi College of Education.

http://www.believeinremitinubu.com/1/biography

We dont even know if she actually studied at Ife. I suspect Toronto certificate here, honestly.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by isalegan2: 11:00pm On Jun 06, 2011
2muchlogic:

Draw parallels between a former housewife and full-time professional lady like Hilary or between Princeton and Ife which one?  grin grin

2muchlogic:

Are you comparing the Tinubu's with the Kennedy's? have fun  grin grin grin grin

Hillary is a world class Lawyer who met bill at princeton (an Ivy league university), they both participated in a political career.  She did not cook egusi soup and eba for 10 years then wake up and say she wanted to be a politician.

aribisala0:

. . . no wonder some people call us monkeys
yorubaland ko africa ni

You guys are so full of self-hate, I sure hope you're at least married to non-blacks so that when you look at your children, they don't have that Africanness that you obviously hate so much.

To the Einstein that complained about a housewife being home cooking for her family, you don't eat? You don't have a clue about the value a good wife and mother contributes to the world?  You don't understand the value of women at all!  So, she's home cooking "egusi soup"? That's worse than Hilary cleaning up after Bill every time he sexually harasses an employee or molests an intern?  Tell me one case that HIlary litigated that makes her "a world-class lawyer."  There is your warped mentality - always valuing anything OTHER THAN your own.  If it's from Oyinbo land it's better!  I'd comment more but I think you two and many like you are you far gone to even see the error of your ways.  Just ready to kiss the white man's backside anywhere and anytime.

You want to hold up the Kennedys?  Read about them first, then come back with your tail between your legs.

Yes, your much-revered queen does confer titles.  The titles that's being discussed here are not hereditary either.  If it was, the Aare Ona Kakanfo would have passed onto one of Abiola's heirs, and it didn't, did it?

If it offends you so much that Africans are discussing African issues, then stay out so you don't die of embarrassment.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by dayokanu(m): 11:02pm On Jun 06, 2011
Stranger

There is something called BSc Ed and BA ed

BSc Ed for those who studied Science Education e.g Biology Education etc
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Wizardofoz: 11:16pm On Jun 06, 2011
dayokanu:

Stranger

There is something called BSc Ed and BA ed

BSc Ed for those who studied Science Education e.g Biology Education etc

I totally understand!

She did her NCE at Adeyemi College of education, which I accept is true. But the notion that she actually completed her studies at Ife? I seriously doubt it.

The whole Idea that she went to ife surfaced during her senate run. It was well known in Lagos during Tinubu's era that she only had NCE certificate. Of course, there is nothing wrong with that, but to drop Mamora, a former Lagos-State speaker and MBBS holder from "Oba Awon University" for her, they had to justify that move; hence, the whole She went to ife crap!

Who were her classmates at Ife?
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 06, 2011
Wizardofoz:

I totally understand!

She did her NCE at Adeyemi College of education, which I accept is true. But the notion that she actually completed her studies at Ife? I seriously doubt it.

The whole Idea that she went to ife surfaced during her senate run. It was well known in Lagos during Tinubu's era that she only had NCE certificate. Of course, there is nothing wrong with that, but to drop Mamora, a former Lagos-State speaker and MBBS holder from "Oba Awon University" for her, they had to justify that move; hence, the whole She went to ife crap!

Who were her classmates at Ife?

Jisox of Olodi Apapa  shocked shocked shocked. Na which kain conjecture be dis? Unless you have proof, isn't it a tad malicious to say this about her because u dont agree with her selection?  Mehn, sometimes sha u dey surprise me o  undecided
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Wizardofoz: 11:34pm On Jun 06, 2011
That said, we cant compare Remi Tinubu with Hillary Clinton.

Education apart. Hillary from Yale and Tinubu from Adeyemi, very irrelevant really.

What have they both achieved after leaving school?

Remi has no verifiable work history. Hillary on the other hand since she left school, from Day 1, started shattering glass ceilings for women. Too many firsts for Hillary to mention.

Hillary actually worked her way to public life.

Secondly, when Hillary was in the White house, she single handedly wrote the first Universal health care bill that was defeated by the Republicans in 1992. And it was that Bill that Mitt Romney used as his template for his universal health care policy when he was Governor of Massachusetts.

The Obama Care that Obama forced down congress neck was, for all intents, Hillary Clinton’s  health care plan. It was supposed to achieve universal coverage. How? Individual mandates. Hillary’s idea is a core provision inside the current Senate and House bills. She just wasnt a dycck sucker. She is a woman, like no other. One of the best minds in America, and indeed, in the world today.

Home Life: Hillary has raised a grown up, well brought up, Chelsea who is now the cynosure of every one. She did that while juggling professional life and politics with her marriage. Remi's children? undecided

My point: Remi does not in anyway deserve to be forced on Lagosian the way BAT did. And trying to justify it by comparing her scant/unverifiable academic and work history with Hillary's is an insult to Hillary's pristine legacy.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by OAM4J: 12:02am On Jun 07, 2011
Lets keep the thread insult-free and civil pls.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by lastpage: 12:02am On Jun 07, 2011
[size=15pt]silly Question, ab-initio[/size]

Who the bleeding-fu*ck is Onii of Ife? Or is he not the same one saying "The man is making Sense" after collecting "Egunje" from Babangida?
Who the Schmuck is that crook called Tinubu?

Asiwaju koo, ASUU'nuu niiiii

As if that is what we desire!
BTW: If they like, let them crown each other as "Man-Of-God" sef, its a free world grin grin
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Wizardofoz: 12:06am On Jun 07, 2011
naijababe:

Jisox of Olodi Apapa  shocked shocked shocked. Na which kain conjecture be dis? Unless you have proof, isn't it a tad malicious to say this about her because u dont agree with her selection?  Mehn, sometimes sha u dey surprise me o  undecided

Oyinbo nla le n lo ni? You know sey me I no sabi too many oyinbo. especially the avant garde type that flow so effortlessly from your hand. grin

Anyway, I agree with you that my last post WRT Remi's academic profile is riddled with conjectures. That Bola Ahmed Tinubu's name isnt Bola Ahmed is nothing but conjecture, that has now been accepted as true. The notion that Tinubu is not from lagos started out as, guess what, mere conjecture, of course, now we know better. That Abibatu Mogaji aka Iyaloja f isale Eko isnt really Tinubu's mother was mere conjecture, some years ago, that has withstood the test of time. That Bola Ahmed Tinubu did not attend University of Chicago started out as, well, without sounding redundant, mere hearsay, until Gani fawehinmi (RIP aka Baba rere) took it upon himself to find out the truth. We now know better.
That Bola Ahmed Tinubu was a drug dealer in Chicago, to his supporters, is mere conjecture because he didnt do any jail time. Not minding the fact that under Chicago law, accepting to forfeit almost half a million dollars, via a Nolo contendere plea = acceptance of guilt.

Because we prize truth backed up with facts and evidence, nowhere in our modern political life do we want to accept conjectures as truth, especially when it seems as some sort of politically motivated smear. Which is fine, except we also never end up talking about just where these rumors, hearsays, and conjectures come from. Meaning, where they come from INSIDE the people propagating them. As if most of these rumors were somehow just hard-wired, like facial look or bra-size; or automatically absorbed from thin air, like oxygen. As if most of the so called conjectures did not originate from people close to them.

The point is that,  in the day to day trenches of Nigerian politics, coupled with the rough terrain, lack of adequate record keeping, low quality journalism, and lawlessness, conjectures are all we have and in most cases, hearsays, bizarre as some may sound, have almost always turnout to be true.

Case in point: Remember, how shocking it was for us to hear that OBJ actually slept with his daughter-in-law. Another conjecture? grin Nuff said!
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by aribisala0(m): 12:11am On Jun 07, 2011
@OAM

sorry

but you need to look @ where and how it started
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Wizardofoz: 12:13am On Jun 07, 2011
aribisala0:

@OAM

sorry

but you need to look @ where and how it started

Some of the people you are abusing arent your mates OK. Just so you know!

Anyway, what happened with Alh Harem? Did I miss something!
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 07, 2011
Wizardofoz:

Oyinbo nla le n lo ni? You know sey me I no sabi too many oyinbo. especially the avant garde type that flow so effortlessly from your hand. grin

Anyway, I agree with you that my last post WRT Remi's academic profile is riddled with conjectures. That Bola Ahmed Tinubu's name isnt Bola Ahmed is nothing but conjecture, that has now been accepted as true. The notion that Tinubu is not from lagos started out as, guess what, mere conjecture, of course, now we know better. That Abibatu Mogaji aka Iyaloja f isale Eko isnt really Tinubu's mother was mere conjecture, some years ago, that has withstood the test of time. That Bola Ahmed Tinubu did not attend University of Chicago started out as, well, without sounding redundant, mere hearsay, until Gani fawehinmi (RIP aka Baba rere) took it upon himself to find out the truth. We now know better.
That Bola Ahmed Tinubu was a drug dealer in Chicago, to his supporters, is mere conjecture because he didnt do any jail time. Not minding the fact that under Chicago law, accepting to forfeit almost half a million dollars, via a Nolo contendere plea = acceptance of guilt.

Because we prize truth backed up with facts and evidence, nowhere in our modern political life do we want to accept conjectures as truth, especially when it seems as some sort of politically motivated smear. Which is fine, except we also never end up talking about just where these rumors, hearsays, and conjectures come from. Meaning, where they come from INSIDE the people propagating them. As if most of these rumors were somehow just hard-wired, like facial look or bra-size; or automatically absorbed from thin air, like oxygen. As if most of the so called conjectures did not originate from people close to them.

The point is that,  in the day to day trenches of Nigerian politics, coupled with the rough terrain, lack of adequate record keeping, low quality journalism, and lawlessness, conjectures are all we have and in most cases, hearsays, bizarre as some may sound, have almost always turnout to be true.

Case in point: Remember, how shocking it was for us to hear that OBJ actually slept with his daughter. Nuff said!

So if a rumour / conjecture is repeated often enough it must be true ?  undecided Well, remind me to never get on your wrong side cause you just might decide to start a rumour which I guess will be the truth if you can get enough people to repeat it  
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by femmy2010(m): 12:27am On Jun 07, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=18pt]Aara ona Kakanfo is the most prestigious Title in Yorubaland any other title is a short-changed title, the Alaafin of Oyo is [/size] [size=18pt]the only person that can confer that title on anyone. This new title by Ooni is a mordern day perversion and an abberation  that has little or no weight[/size].  

Heard Aara ona Kakanfos usually die before their time.
History said so.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 12:29am On Jun 07, 2011

@dayokanu
Whats corrupt about Remi Tinubu representing her constituency at the senate?

Nothing but
1. The proces was dodgy
2. Why is she the most qualified?
3. It would be crazy to suggest that Asiwaju did not have anything to do with it - whould she have been chosen of she was not Tinubus wife?

@dayokanu
Princeton one of the best Univerisities in America, Ife one of the best Universities in Nigeria

She actually went to Yale (my mistake), I think any sane person would agree that Yale or Princeton is light years ahead of university of Ife  grin grin grin
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Wizardofoz: 12:38am On Jun 07, 2011
naijababe:

So if a rumour / conjecture is repeated often enough it must be true ?  undecided Well, remind me to never get on your wrong side cause you just might decide to start a rumour which I guess will be the truth if you can get enough people to repeat it  

Well, You are, of course, free to interpret my post however you wish. But please don't just dismiss "conjectures" as some sort of malicious smear. None of this stuff is about her point of view or her un-deserved lavish lifestyle at the expense of the tax payers. It is about holding our politicians to higher standard. Demanding more from them and forcing them to justify their actions, and advancing our democracy.

Replacing the more articulate Dr. Mamora with Remi Tinubu isnt just wrong, it is morally contemptuous. We are short changing ourselves with moves like that!
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 12:43am On Jun 07, 2011
isale_gan2:

You don't have a clue about blah blah blah

You are from isale eko so I can understand why you butted in with your rude comments. If my comments hurt you so bad and you are not smart enough to argue your points without insults and personal attacks - please feel free to ignore my comments. Even your husband cap28 is a friend, carm down and stop being silly

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=645293.msg8114070#msg8114070
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by isalegan2: 12:47am On Jun 07, 2011
2muchlogic:

You are from isale eko so I can understand why you butted in with your rude remarks. If you are not smart enough to argue your points without insults and personal attacks then please feel free to ignore my comments. To be honest you got it all wrong, even your husband cap28 is a friend, carm down and stop being silly grin grin ma je kin binu si e

grin grin grin grin grin  This has taken a hilarious turn!  Leave Cap (and his wife which is not me) out of it.  I got enough to deal with.  cheesy 

But please quote the insult, rude remarks and the personal attacks.  I repeated a word (which our ever-so-wonderful mod has asked me to remove) used by a poster.  That is all.  If someone (YOU) wishes to belittle a vital and natural part of womanhood, don't be surprised if someone (ME) who was born of a woman takes offense and reads them (YOU) the riot act.  Simple!  

I am not a supporter of Tinubu or his wife; I responded to what caught my eye.  Take it however you wish.

You continue to display a disturbing level of close-mindedness.  Assumptions about the nature of people from my part of the world.  lol.  Actually, I am proudly from Isalegangan, a stone's throw from Governor Fashola's family compound.  Is Fashola good enough to run Lagos and address you, or not, considering he is from "Isale Eko"?

I reiterate my points in my earlier post above.  Feel free to refute any of them.  Read about the Kennedys and get some knowledge about Hilary Clinton and come back to me.  

BTW, Former Speaker of the U.S. House of Rep Nancy Pelosi was a housewife - stayed home and raised a gaggle of kids.  You think she should go back to the kitchen?  I didn't think so!  wink

But I will ignore your posts in teh future, if I remember you.  smiley
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by 2muchlogic(m): 1:04am On Jun 07, 2011
isale_gan2:

grin grin grin grin grin  This has taken a hilarious turn!  Leave Cap (and his wife which is not me) out of it.  I got enough to deal with.  cheesy 

But please quote the insult, rude remarks and the personal attacks.  I repeated a word (which our ever-so-wonderful mod has asked me to remove) used by a poster.  That is all.  If someone (YOU) wishes to belittle a vital and natural part of womanhood, don't be surprised if someone (ME) who was born of a woman takes offense and reads them (YOU) the riot act.  Simple!  

You are an afrocentric sister, ma worry; motherhood is the hardest profession.

isale_gan2:

I am not a supporter of Tinubu or his wife; I responded to what caught my eye.  Take it however you wish.

so your not an ACN member?  grin

isale_gan2:

I reiterate my points in my earlier post above.  Feel free to refute any of them.  Read about the Kennedys and get some knowledge about Hilary Clinton and come back to me.  

of course I know about Mrs Clinton and the Kennedy's. J P Kennedy made his fortune during the prohibition days, used the proceeds to fund his sons campaign for the the american presidency BUT JFK was clearly a better leader than Tinubu anyday! But the man Tinubu wants to be, the great Awolowo to me was better.  Hilary again is simply better than Remi Tinubu if you are basing it on academic achievements and track records (IN PUBLIC LIFE).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World. / PDP AND APC Blame Each Other For The Killings In Rivers State- See Tweets / 'Men Should Be In The Kitchen & Women In Other Room' - Babangida Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.