Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni (12974 Views)

Poll: Tinubu as the Asiwaju of Yorubas

Good idea: 29% (29 votes)
Bad idea: 70% (68 votes)
This poll has ended

What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat / The Asiwaju Of Corruption Has Been Exposed / Vstuf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by johnie: 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2011
DEEHASAL:

Besides Oyo empire covers the entire Yorubaland(Ife included) to neighbouring Ghana,Togo and Benin

Really?
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by johnie: 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2011
Wizardofoz:

Very stoooopid contribution

All Ona kakanfos die, manner of death is inconsequential

We shall all die. Death is the destination we all share. No one has and will ever escape it.

alj_harem:

^^^^^^

am loving this new monker

kudos, most of this people really do not know what they are saying

I laugh in Twi!

Everbody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by evilspirit: 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2011
[size=16pt]who is OOni to make someone the asiwaju of yorubaland.in hierarchy Ooni is far from the alaafin of Oyo. It is only Alaafin that can make him that.remember aare ona kakanfo[/size]
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by wealthnet: 4:00pm On Jun 06, 2011
If one man in his action and deed has shown to destroy the legacy of  Awolowo and God give another man courage to stand to restore such legacy. Government without vibrant opposition, can not give profit of democracy before talk of dividend.
Base on this, Tinubu merit to be leader of Yoruba.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by aljharem3: 4:05pm On Jun 06, 2011
this yoruba think is too complicated

1 they fight for yoruba leader

2 they fight for national leader
Eko Ile:

One was convicted and sent to jail

One just got arrested for corruption and embezzlement

Tinubu is yet to be confronted with or arrested for anything under the laws of Nigeria

The difference is clear, but many like because of their silly bad bele and lack of understanding and ability to reason logically like an adult throws around ignorant accusations and baseless nonsense.

Tinubu-

Tinubu via NADECO fought, stake his life on the line and gave us democracy

Tinubu as the governor of Lagos state showed leadership and courage by not selling out under PDP OBJ pressure, he refused to back down and he protected the state of Lagos for the people of Lagos.

Lagos is not in the hands of the ever corrupt and incompetent PDP because of Tinubu

Lagos is the shinning example of great leadership because of Tinubu

His great leadership and sense of wisdom gave us the best and the most credible governor in Nigeria

What many Lagosians and Nigerians in general love about Lagos state in terms of infrastructure and policies was designed and put in place by Tunubu

Many people gripe about Tinubu owning Alpha Beta which is absolutely irrelevant considering the fact that the same people attributes the success of the state to it's ability to generate huge IGR.

The question now is, who set the stage for the huge IGR? Whose knowledge and wisdom is making it possible for Fashola to be able to do all the great things he's doing in Lagos because of the huge IGR?

Shouldn't many of these misguided people and their states be advocating and looking their own Alpha Beta to revolutionize their tax system and generate enough money to do what the Lagos state government is doing or at least something similar to help their people?

The Yoruba people suffered under lousy and shameful PDP leadership, many of our own disgraced the Yoruba people and set us back. Tinubu single-handedly fought the same evil people with his smarts and wisdom to wrestle Yoruba land from the hands of the hands of the PDP, we basically got rid of all the corrupt and evil forces in Yoruba land.

Tinubu gave us a news sense of pride and joy, he gave us a new beginning, a defined path and way forward.

Today, many in Nigeria are celebrating the arrest of Bankole. The EFCC was able to arrest Bankole because he was defeated in the last election, he lost his powerful seat, he lost his immunity, it all happened because of one man/Tinubu. By orchestrating the defeat of many of these PDP politicians in the SW, he made it easy for them to be arrested and prosecuted.

Good for Nigeria that we have a vibrant, credible and powerful opposition in Nigeria today and the leader of that opposition is Tinubu

This same opposition party/ACN is the only opposition party in Nigeria we are all depending on to keep the PDP in check

Trashing Tinubu is something you are free to do, but it doesn't mean you know anything about the man, it dosn't mean you know what you are trashing.

Your petty and misguided actions basically reflects your own ignorance, lack of depth, sense and good judgment.

I see you runjing all over the place calling the man a criminal, but since you asked me a question and I answered you question.

I need you to tell us what made him a criminal.

What crime/s was he arrested and convicted for?

What proof and evidence of wrong doing  do you have beyond hearsay and rumors?

ok thanks
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Musiwa51: 4:07pm On Jun 06, 2011
dustydee. thank you for the support for making me the Are . I like that,   

Tinubu fight for his own personal interest and not the interest of the Yoruba people. Even look at the satellite pictures. instead of allowing yoruba to run , so that we can make a change now. because of OANDO oil. his family business. Tinubu sacrifice the Yorubas race for his own personal interest. Now instead of Yorubas been free. Yorubas are going to wait for more than 20 years before they can get justice all because of tinubu.
Look at this Imagine, can a man who sacrifice his people be .

And ACN is Just one party in Yorubaland. Kwara and Kogi, delta is in control of PDP, Labour party is in control of ondo state. Did obasanjo party not win all, Did he start going about claiming he want to be the leader of the Yoruba people. NO.

For me when a man sacrifice his people for personal selfishness, like he gave the ticket to Nuhu ribadua and adeola( who only interest , he also was protect his bank and not the people). That is selfishness.

But Joke apart, I notice Yoruba people want to get me into politics. Even one of the major party want me to be their nation chairman.    I laugh when i discovered.  But Justice Ayo Salami  as no connection with Bola Ahmed Tinubu as they have been claiming. Justice Ayo salami is the brother of a former lecturer and also my friend family friend at the same time base on satellite picture, i have been posting  
this is why those changes were made, not tinubu.        So fayemi, aregbesola, mimiko, oshimole should know the truth now.

i did a research on nigeria many year ago which we use geographical information, and other information.  My supervisor at that time was prof Olufeagba and Dr VSA Adeloye.  both of them justice salami knows.

you could see the violent in the north, will have happen in yorubaland too , if we had continued. the yorubas say agba ko ki wa loja, ki ore omo tutu wo.

When USA see USA war ship on nigeria soil. It was just to put stability in the democracy of nigeria. so that violent dont erupt.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7YY3zv4432VU4djgCmjT9bDV3KM-IXhUBx1mOv8iiWGoiLBQd[/img]

The satellite pictures are so touching,that it will lead to a civil war. that is why I went to the USA govt and ask for Help to reunity the Yoruba people. so as to make the north majority.  like i said before they went to the north.

that is the picture of the usa army officers who went to benin republic to train them.  we are telling you , Nigeria  has a major problem with the satellite pictures. and there is a need to break up nigeria.

you will notice all the bombing in nigeria are coming from cities with military present.  it mean some people in the nigeria army may be involve.

here is the satellite picture of kaduna city. Judge for yourself if there was rigging.  like I said , it is impossible to conduct free and fair election, and in 2011 election, the election was not free and fair.  it was rigged.

to try to unity the yorubas, i approach the USA.   this are video and pictures.

here is the video. nigeria can not continue. you have problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWDFfaaQnO4

USA army engineers

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2011/05/14/bts.usace.spillway.evac.usace

Africom commader is an engineer, General William E. Ward and i am  are telling you. the satellite pictures are real.  Nigeria has a real problem 

[img]http://ootp.files./2009/06/opening-ceremonies-of-exercise-shared-accord_090611.png?w=600&h=480[/img]

One of the rule of leadership is not to be selfish.  I dont know if they are going to charge me for treason in Nigeria, because people over here said i should not step my foot in Nigeria because of what I have been doing fighting for our people right.   there have attempt on my life, and had even people i know killed to warn me to stop posting. i believe in truth. that all i can say.

another issue is tinubu has a crime charge in the usa,   yoruba culture does not allow that. it is complex.

dustydee, I think that title should go jointly to michella Obama  and  hillary clinton, general edward and members of the USA.  why I dont want to say over the internet. they deserve a joint NOBEL PRIZE

Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by aribisala0(m): 4:11pm On Jun 06, 2011
there is no such thing as yorubaland.rather various kings of yoruba speaking kingdoms who are free to give titles in their domains.
ijebus are certainly not yoruba
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by aribisala0(m): 4:16pm On Jun 06, 2011
aare ona is an oyo title relevant to the oyo kingdom/empire. at no time did this cover all yoruba speaking peoples.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by EkoIle1: 4:20pm On Jun 06, 2011
alj_harem:

this yoruba think is too complicated

1 they fight for yoruba leader

2 they fight for national leader
ok thanks

I still need you to answer my questions,

What crime/s was he arrested and convicted for?

What proof and evidence of wrong doing do you have beyond hearsay and rumors?
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by aribisala0(m): 4:23pm On Jun 06, 2011
people should ask where this word yoruba comes from and how old it is.

in my view it made for easier pigeonholing by europeans from ajayi crowther's time.

really we have oyo ijesa ekiti egba ijebu ondo awori etc.
this yorubaland thing is quite inaccurate but often repeated and now appears like reality.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by aribisala0(m): 4:26pm On Jun 06, 2011
think of how many peoples speak arabic or hausa even was there ever an arabland or hausaland in one house
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by seanet02: 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2011
God Bless Asiwaju Tinubu
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by fxtopedia(m): 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2011
Asiwaju of yoruba? hmmmm! I guess those people were paid to rant like that
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Pukkah: 4:50pm On Jun 06, 2011
evilspirit:

[size=16pt]who is OOni to make someone the asiwaju of yorubaland.in hierarchy Ooni is far from the alaafin of Oyo. It is only Alaafin that can make him that.remember aare ona kakanfo[/size]

KnowAll:

[size=18pt]Aara ona Kakanfo is the most prestigious Title in Yorubaland any other title is a short-changed title, the Alaafin of Oyo is [/size] [size=18pt]the only person that can confer that title on anyone. This new title by Ooni is a mordern day perversion and an abberation  that has little or no weight[/size].  

Correct!
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by beeman80: 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2011
I know he's not perfect but he deserves it.He has paved the way for a better life in the south west and gradually he will get it right if given the necessary support.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by dayokanu(m): 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2011
DEEHASAL:

General Adekunle(rtd) has been given the title and I am not sure Tinubu will be interested in such titles.
Alaafin of Oyo and NOT Ooni is entitled to install anything Yorubaland.
Ooni is just being greedy.
Besides Oyo empire covers the entire Yorubaland(Ife included) to neighbouring Ghana,Togo and Benin

WHich title was general Adekunle given?

I support the idea of giving Tinubu something
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by saudatu(m): 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2011
why not TINUBU deserve it now, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Jarus(m): 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2011
He meant General Robert Adeyinka Adebayo. Gen Adebayo, current Chairman Yoruba Council of Elders(Igbimo Agba Yoruba), a septuagenarian, was the first(?) Governor of Western Region Yeah, I remember reading not long ago that General Adebayo has been made Yoruba leader. I think he's not a bad choice as he has been very statemanly all these years. Only that he's not so visible.

Tinubu is better as Aare Ona Kakanfo than Yoruba leader.

Houvest, when he 'purifies' his style, then he is 'omoluabi'.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Katsumoto: 6:19pm On Jun 06, 2011
houvest:

You could start by explaining what you put in inverted comas unless you want your contribution to be meaningless to non-Yoruba speakers. However let me ask from what I understand from the rest of your post if Tinubu has not become the de facto Yoruba political leader through his visionary founding of ACN and determined overthrow of PDP  and OBJ ( that has forced him to an untimely political retirement) in the SW. Tinubu is already a king and kingmaker. What remains is his coronation and title which in my own opinion, he does not need. If he purifies his ways and submits to a mutually respected partnership with Afenifere,  all Yorubas will eventually come to hate to love him and eventually accept him. The coronation and title will be brought to him like the Romans were begging Julius to be emperor. Love him or hate him, Tinubu is a fantastic politician. He only needs guidance or help from a group like Afenifere to be a statesman so he needs to be advised to protect himself from himself by not alienating or destroying them in a quest to be a total leader like  his co-senator, Palpatine in Star Wars.

I like your comment. As much as Tinubu as done well in checkmating OBJ and PDP in the SW, Tinubu still needs to be checked, otherwise he will arrogate all manner of powers to himself.

KnowAll:

[size=18pt]Aara ona Kakanfo is the most prestigious Title in Yorubaland any other title is a short-changed title, the Alaafin of Oyo is [/size] [size=18pt]the only person that can confer that title on anyone. This new title by Ooni is a mordern day perversion and an abberation  that has little or no weight[/size].  

There is an Aare Ona Kakanfo of Oyo; it does not extend to all of Yorubaland. This is not the 18th century; no one cares about a title derived in Oyo.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Wizardofoz: 6:23pm On Jun 06, 2011
So it is actually possible to purify one's style?

Like Smoke gbana and kill people and then turn to God?

or Do drugs overseas and then use the money to buy good will from the people?

Maybe, purification entails running a state bankrupt, fighting your two deputies, installing a crony as your successor, and demanding 2 Billiion naira out of the 14 Billia the state makes a month, not talking about being a persona non grata in the US, explaining it all with, well, I am doing it for Yorubaland as if Yorubaland would cease to exist if you werent there.

This is what happens when ordinary men are elevated to God-like status. Money makes every thing all worthwhile

I cant wait for the day Ibori becomes the leader of the Ijaws.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 06, 2011
Jarus:

He meant General Robert Adeyinka Adebayo. Gen Adebayo, current Chairman Yoruba Council of Elders(Igbimo Agba Yoruba), a septuagenarian, was the first(?) Governor of Western Region Yeah, I remember reading not long ago that General Adebayo has been made Yoruba leader. I think he's not a bad choice as he has been very statemanly all these years. Only that he's not so visible.

Tinubu is better as Aare Ona Kakanfo than Yoruba leader.

Houvest, when he 'purifies' his style, then he is 'omoluabi'.  

That he chooses to fight dirty with others who are so consumed by their supposed powers that they not only fight dirty but oppress the citizenry willy nilly now means his way needs to be purified? Maybe PDP might not have become so cancerous if every region of Nigeria has a Tinubu!
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by dayokanu(m): 6:31pm On Jun 06, 2011
Katsumoto:

I like your comment. As much as Tinubu as done well in checkmating OBJ and PDP in the SW, Tinubu still needs to be checked, otherwise he will arrogate all manner of powers to himself.

There is an Aare Ona Kakanfo of Oyo; it does not extend to all of Yorubaland. This is not the 18th century; no one cares about a title derived in Oyo.

Oyo is the Headquarter of Yorubaland and Alaafin is the ruler of Oyo.

Alaafin installed MKO as the Aare and it wasnt just a Oyo title

Many Are Ona kakanfo have been from outside Oyo

@Jarus,

You cant fight clean when your opponent is fighting dirty. Didnt the AG govt of Awolowo encourage "WETIE"? thats fighting dirty also
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Katsumoto: 6:55pm On Jun 06, 2011
dayokanu:

I am not disputing that there were many Aare's that were from outside Oyo. The point I am making is that the title was only relevant as far as Oyo had military supremacy. Alaafin is well within his rights to appoint anyone as Aare of Oyo. There is no Aare ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland. The romans conquered most of Europe and gave titles to their appointees in the various areas. Can the romans still give such titles? Can the romans give titles such as Governor of Gaul or Governor of Britannia? Can Oyo give titles over lands that fought and obtained independence from Oyo such as Egba, Ekiti, Ijesha, Ibadan?

If Oyo wants to give a title over all Yorubaland, perhaps it should go on another military campaign. grin
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by isalegan2: 6:58pm On Jun 06, 2011
Jarus:

I beg to disagree with this group. Tinubu IMO is not 'omoluabi' enough to be the Yoruba leader [/b]compared to past Yoruba leaders: Awolowo - Ajasin - Adesanya. [b]Obasanjo was in a prime position to take this but he messed up his chance. I don't know any Yoruba leader that satisfies this statesmanly condition today.

For crying out loud, Jarus!  When was Obasanjo ever in the prime position to take a far-reaching traditional title that extends over all of Yorubaland?  They're discussing Tinubu and you're mentioning that creature!  From frypan to fire. 

But being an indisputable warrior, I think he is qualified for Aare Ona Kakanfo(Generalissimo) of Yorubaland, a position previously held by Akintola and Abiola(which has place in Yoruba tradition more than the former anyway).

Obasanjo or Tinubu?  undecided   

DEEHASAL:

General Adekunle(rtd) has been given the title and I am not sure Tinubu will be interested in such titles.

(Benjamin) Adekunle is not a full general, and cannot be referred to as such; he retired a Brigadier-General, more often addressed as a "Brigadier."  Being from Ogbomosho, he was awarded a traditional title in Oyo state a couple of years ago.
P.S. I can't remember Adekunle's title. It may have been Ashipa of Ogbomosho, but I don't believe it was Aare Ona Kakanfo. In any case, I certainly would prefer someone like him than Obasanjo for such a title.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Pukkah: 6:58pm On Jun 06, 2011
Katsumoto:

There is an Aare Ona Kakanfo of Oyo; it does not extend to all of Yorubaland. T[b]his is not the 18th century; no one cares about a title derived in Oyo[/b].

You are right that this is not the 18th century but these traditional rulers are there today because of the pre-18th century roots they have. And it is on this basis that they claim seniority or superiority.  It is largely on these basis that state Chairmen of Council of Traditional Rulers and Chiefs have been appointed, not only in Yorubaland but mostly in other parts of Nigeria.

Yes, these are modern days but we should not cherry-pick the part of history that is convenient for us.  It is a different matter if we want to discard traditional rulership in a wholesale manner, but if we have them there then the basis of relating with themselves, and the titles they give, should not be divorced from the very history of how they got there.  The history of how they got there does not support the conferment of such a title (Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland) by the Ooni. Kindly educate me if there is any such supporting history.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Pukkah: 7:04pm On Jun 06, 2011
Katsumoto:

I am not disputing that there were many Aare's that were from outside Oyo. The point I am making is that the title was only relevant as far as Oyo had military supremacy. Alaafin is well within his rights to appoint anyone as Aare of Oyo. There is no Aare ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland. The romans conquered most of Europe and gave titles to their appointees in the various areas. Can the romans still give such titles? Can the romans give titles such as Governor of Gaul or Governor of Britannia? Can Oyo give titles over lands that fought and obtained independence from Oyo such as Egba, Ekiti, Ijesha, Ibadan?

If Oyo wants to give a title over all Yorubaland, perhaps it should go on another military campaign. grin

Chief Afe Babalola (SAN) from Ekiti and Chief Alaba Lawson from Abeokuta were installed as the Are Bamofin of Yorubaland and Iyalode of Yorubaland respectively by the present Alaafin of Oyo.

It was on the basis of this that Babalola said he can't prostrate to any other monarch except the Alaafin. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-483150.0.html
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Katsumoto: 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2011
Pukkah:

You are right that this is not the 18th century but these traditional rulers are there today because of the pre-18th century roots they have. And it is on this basis that they claim seniority or superiority.  It is largely on these basis that state Chairmen of Council of Traditional Rulers and Chiefs have been appointed, not only in Yorubaland but mostly in other parts of Nigeria.

Yes, these are modern days but we should not cherry-pick the part of history that is convenient for us.  It is a different matter if we want to discard traditional rulership in a wholesale manner, but if we have them there then the basis of relating with themselves, and the titles they give, should not be divorced from the very history of how they got there.  The history of how they got there does not support the conferment of such a title (Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland) by the Ooni. Kindly educate me if there is any such supporting history.

There was never an Aare ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland but there was Aare ona kakanfo of Oyo because there was nothing like Yorubaland until after the British got to Nigeria. By that time, Oyo was no longer a powerful kingdom.

Pukkah:

Chief Afe Babalola (SAN) from Ekiti and Chief Alaba Lawson from Abeokuta were installed as the Are Bamofin of Yorubaland and Iyalode of Yorubaland respectively by the present Alaafin of Oyo.

It was on the basis of this that Babalola said he can't prostrate to any other monarch except the Alaafin. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-483150.0.html

I care less about titles that are bought today. Oyo was once a powerful kingdom; it no longer is. Should a little boy continue to respect a bully that can no longer beat him? Babalola id free to prostrate to whomever he wishes; doesn't mean a thing. Just in the same way that an Egba son can equally say he can only prostrate to the Alake.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Pukkah: 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2011
dayokanu:

Yes, Alaafin installed MKO as the Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland.  In fact, all of them have been from outside Oyo town.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Katsumoto: 7:16pm On Jun 06, 2011
Pukkah:

Yes, Alaafin installed MKO as the Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland.  In fact, all of them have been from outside Oyo town.

There is no such thing as Aare Ona kakanfo of Yorubaland. Yoruba only started identifying with one another after the British got to Nigeria.

Alaafin can give any titles he wants; the Aare or Alaafin can't exercise any authority over any part of Yorubaland except Oyo.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 06, 2011
evilspirit:

He is the Aarole Oòdua, the Oòni of Ife is counted first among Yoruba kings. Ooni Adelekan Olubuse was the first Ooni to travel outside Ile-Ife to Lagos in 1903 when he was invited by the then Governor General to settle the dispute involving Elepe of Epe. All Yoruba Kings including the Alaafin left their respective thrones as a mark of respect for the Ooni. They returned to their respective stools after Ooni returned to Ile-Ife from Lagos.
Re: Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni by Kilode1: 7:22pm On Jun 06, 2011
Pukkah:

Afe Babalola was just joking, o kan se efe ni.

Or maybe he's already senile. Wetin be Aare Bamofin?  undecided

So because they added Aare to this newly created title, he's now culturally equal to Ewi of Ado Ekiti plus other Obas and too big to prostrate?

I don't care though, let him interpret tradition to suit his ego. Maybe another Aare Agbepoo will come out tomorrow and start claiming cultural and historical supremacy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tribunal: Politicians Go Fetish To Win Petitions In Delta / Refineries Operated At 10% Capacity In August, Recorded N31.7bn Loss / The USS Nimitz-the Biggest And Most Sophisticated Aircraft Carrier In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.