Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" (10729 Views)

Bride Asked God To Walk Her Down The Aisle On Her Wedding Day & God Did / If Allah Is God, Why Does He Pray For Muhammad? Surah 33:43, 33:56, And 2:157? / That You Asked God And God Answered Does Not Mean You Asked For The Best Thing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by NohurryInLife: 9:23am On Nov 07, 2021
Smiles...
Asking God why your own different na normal level.
But wetin man wan do now ?? Na as we come this life say we go be e dey be.
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by graciamore(f): 9:29am On Nov 07, 2021
Yess I ask that question always, but his words says, the planes he has for me are of Good and not of evil, He also said, surely, there is an end and my expectations shall not be cut short,. This scriptures keely me going.and hoping

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Chiden(f): 9:35am On Nov 07, 2021
Yesssss!!!! I just did even!!
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 07, 2021
thats human nature. one of my friends live in uk he told me he didnt beleive in god i asked him why he said if god exist his life wouldnt be like this. grin grin grin i laughed
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by jaxxy(m): 9:40am On Nov 07, 2021
A man is a Slave to only his Mentality.

Christians are not left out. How u see God is how u experience him.
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Sterope(f): 9:41am On Nov 07, 2021
Variety is the spice of life. Imagine a world where we are all the same. Boring and depressing. It won't be a world to begin with.
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by selfmade22: 10:10am On Nov 07, 2021
thät u are born in Nigeria, naturally ur case is different, then if poor man born u, ur case is Ñow different raise to power 100 grin
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by kingsceemark(m): 10:11am On Nov 07, 2021
Tokskob2008:
I keep asking him same but it seems his ears are far off from me or he chose not just to listen so I'm going to leave him to do what he likes.

Just get little patience with Him, He will remember us someday, He's Master Planner

1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 07, 2021
Every every is going through nd asking de same question,rich poor kid,no body is complete but on that,most things can. Be solve by man on itself rather involving God,unless is thing that is harder Dan u nd some tinx happen fr a reason..God is responsible for anything u are going through, know dis nd know peace
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by codinight: 11:01am On Nov 07, 2021
If you want things to change, always choose the unpopular pathways of life.

Strive to be better than the perceived best.
Be fervent and unequivocally focused.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by oluwaseyi0: 11:06am On Nov 07, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
The world is random. shit happens to everyone at varying degrees. we look for patterns and wish the randomness of the world can be stopped in our case alone so we created God and assumed talking to him would make less shit and randomness befall us compared to those who don't but it doesn't work. we still fall sick on average like the heathens, we still struggle to get jobs just like heathens we still struggle to set up businesses that most times eventually fail just like the heathens. we die too just like heathens.

Our cases aren't different, we're all in this shit together and we should just embrace the randomness of the world rather than think some imaginary hand would interfere and make your life less random.

If only there are just a thousand of you in this country
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Wayne4uall(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2021
AntiChristian:
No!

He is the master planner! The All Aware!

Everything happens by His will.

Jesus is 100% human and 0% God!
I wanted to asked u a question but ur moniker changed my mind
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Jaggededge: 11:24am On Nov 07, 2021
My whatsapp profile status is " GOd when?"
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Barims(m): 11:35am On Nov 07, 2021
Grace001:
Asking God such question make no sense.

God is the master planner, he already knew what you’d become even before you were born so it’s not a mistake.

He chose to let the likes of Dangote, Adenuga, Folorunso, Otedola and co to be super rich and some live from hand to mouth.

You can’t question God, you can only ask for TWO things which are MERCY and GRACE

God is questionable and he's far from perfection God is not perfect he's very partial
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Blake755: 11:49am On Nov 07, 2021
Am still asking it even now he can go to hell for all I care
I rather believe now in luck than God
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Justiceleague1: 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2021
One thing is sure about God,He never make mistakes,He is never wrong and never powerless or lost over anybody or anything.
And again,He's full of mercy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Gbadebo19(m): 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?"

Have you ever asked God why of all my peers, I'm the only orphan? It's only my parents that had to die and leave me alone in this wicked world. Esther 2:7

Well maybe it's because you're an Esther that God wants to get married to a king who ruled the world and so He could make you become a very powerful queen whom He's use you to preserve the lives and posterity of His people Israel. Esther 7.

Have you ever asked God, "why of all my siblings, I am the one that would be the illegitimate child and be called a 'bastard', and cast out of my father's house?" Judges 11:1-3

Well maybe, you're a Jephthah God intends to use you as an example, by making you not just the leader of your brethren, but also that of a great nation and His people Israel, to show that regardless of how you came about into this world, whether illegitimately or not, that the most important thing is that you humbled yourself before Him, and commit your life and affairs to Him, so He can make you to become the best you could possibly be in life and to achieve the purpose for which you were born. Judges 11

Have you ever asked God, "what have I done wrong?" "Why am I being hated so much by all my brethren, that they are determined to kill me?" Genesis 37:20

Well maybe you're a Joseph and the immense hatred of your brothers toward you, is part of His plan to bring to fulfillment the dreams He's given you of becoming a king and also to achieve His plan of using you to preserve the posterity of the human race, including those of your brothers and family members, so they wouldn't go into extinction during impending gruesome famine that would ravage the land. Genesis 41, 42.

Have you asked God, why is it me that had to be barren among my mates, that makes me reproached by men?

Well, it could be because you're an Hannah that God doesn't want to give birth to just another child but a special one and one in a million, that would become a seer at a time when it was said that the Word from the Lord was scarce, and whom the Lord would make to become the last Judge of His people Israel. Samuel 1, 3.

Or perhaps a Sarah through whose son God intends to establish His covenant with Abraham, that the whole world would be blessed through Him, and through whose lineage the Messiah would emerge. Genesis 17:19; 21:2-7

Or probably an Elizabeth who God intends to give birth to the forerunner to the Messiah, the King of king and Lord of lords, the Alpha and Omega, the only begotten Son of God, who God would use to prepare His way, and make His paths straight, who would become, one of, if not the greatest of anyone born of a woman before the coming of Christ. Luke 1:7, 57-58.

Have you ever asked God, "why me, that has served you faithfully, and ensured that I adhere to Your Ways and Word, that this calamity has befallen, that I have become an embodiment of reproach to men and being mocked by the wicked and those who have no regard for the things of God?" Job 1:13-22; Job 2:7-13

Well, just maybe, you're righteous Job, and God wants to use you to prove to the devil that a man's love for God could be hinged on God alone and not what God gives to him or does for Him. And after He has used your example to shame the devil and put him in his rightful place, you'd be rewarded double for all your trouble, and everything the devil stole from you, you would recover all and be fully restored back, so that your latter days shall be greater than your former. Job 1:6-12; 1-7; 42:11.

God bless.
Sincerely, I don't know why I decided to open this post. I have asked this question so much that I no longer believe in the existence of God. How much can one mention In this wicked world. From a 300 level student of the prestigious OAU back in 2011(studying a four year course) to a block maker. At the age of 28, me who was once looked upon as someone destined for something big is reproached even by parents. As an introvert to the core, I never knew minding ones business could make some people hate you and wish for your downfall. How much can i say When one gets to the point that one's parents no longer expect anything good from ones Jerusalem, one begins to know that it is OVER. In short, I don't regret my decision to stop believing in God but the challenges are just too overwhelming for someone of my age ( I became conscious of my life's spiritual problems as early as the age of 13) so much that I seriously know that God is either nonexistent or even if he exists, he is a wicked God. And even now, there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. I personally told my parents to stop worrying about me and consider me dead, not because of a mind to stay away from family but because of how much I felt for the troubles they were going through because of me. I reasoned that since I wasn't the only child, my siblings would provide succour for them rather than me, a source of constant sorrow.
You may choose to condemn me but remember Matthew 7:1 that judge not so that you be not judged.
I have been shaped by experience, not free will.
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Polynek(m): 12:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
When people are in difficult situation's they draw close to GOD, they ask GOD why me?
But wen tinx are going smoothly people hardly pray.
The level of poor people in Nigeria is necessitating the increase of church's in the country.
Many people go to church for breakthrough not to worship GOD genuinely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Mayorsky07(m): 12:52pm On Nov 07, 2021
Even this morning around 04:00 am I don ask him.. na almost everyday I dey ask him either midnight or early in the morning
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Willie2015: 1:05pm On Nov 07, 2021
Gbadebo19:

Sincerely, I don't know why I decided to open this post. I have asked this question so much that I no longer believe in the existence of God. How much can one mention In this wicked world. From a 300 level student of the prestigious OAU back in 2011(studying a four year course) to a block maker. At the age of 28, me who was once looked upon as someone destined for something big is reproached even by parents. As an introvert to the core, I never knew minding ones business could make some people hate you and wish for your downfall. How much can i say When one gets to the point that one's parents no longer expect anything good from ones Jerusalem, one begins to know that it is OVER. In short, I don't regret my decision to stop believing in God but the challenges are just too overwhelming for someone of my age ( I became conscious of my life's spiritual problems as early as the age of 13) so much that I seriously know that God is either nonexistent or even if he exists, he is a wicked God. And even now, there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. I personally told my parents to stop worrying about me and consider me dead, not because of a mind to stay away from family but because of how much I felt for the troubles they were going through because of me. I reasoned that since I wasn't the only child, my siblings would provide succour for them rather than me, a source of constant sorrow.
You may choose to condemn me but remember Matthew 7:1 that judge not so that you be not judged.

Don't stop believing... God exist!
And most importantly, stay focus on prayer...
It is the only place you can find peace... in times of storms...
Learn to wait on God in the secret place..
I leave you with the words of Mahatma Ghandi,

When every hope is gone, 'when helpers fail and comforts flee,' I find that help arrives somehow, from I know not where. Supplication, worship, prayer are no superstition; they are acts more real than the acts of eating, drinking, sitting or walking. It is no exaggeration to say that they alone are real, all else is unreal.
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Toks2008(m): 1:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
Tokskob2008:
I keep asking him same but it seems his ears are far off from me or he chose not just to listen so I'm going to leave him to do what he likes.

Exactly bro. Leave GOD to do as he pleases with your life. Just trust and obey.

Believe it or not... His plans towards you is amazing but initially everything will not make sense until. It finally starts making sense to you.

I am a living testimony.
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by akdjr(m): 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2021
If money is why u want to question God by asking why is your case different I bet you God don't have answer to such question. God never created the 99 problem humanity faces here on earth but human being in guest to create artificial standard put us in this mess of chasing money all day long.
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Toks2008(m): 1:26pm On Nov 07, 2021
Gbadebo19:

I understand you but what have you passed through in life that is making you talk this way?

Have you ever experienced a set back so much that from a Millionaire at the age of 26 back to zeronaire so much that you started selling your properties to feed?

Have you experienced a mishap so bad that you had an accident that affected a vital nerve in your body that could cause death in a matter of days but you managed to survive in abject poverty where you practically drink water morning afternoon and night?

There are many things I passed through that I can't write here cos if I do, every reader Must shed tears no matter how strong hearted you may be.

Many times I cried like a baby in my flat but I will never forget what I usually say anytime I weep... "JEHOVAH I WILL NEVER EVER STOP PRAISING YOU NO MATTER MY CONDITION"

Today I'm not where I used to be even when I'm not yet where I want to be. Today I can conviniently look back and say indeed there is a GOD.

GUY trust me, GOD never forgets anyone. He is working out something for you.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Opeyemiextra(f): 1:26pm On Nov 07, 2021
I think I have maybe even a couple of times especially when everyone close to me seem to be doing very well and I was just there. But, I came to a place of understanding and just thank him for the things he permits because nothing happens without his knowledge. Things have happened that made me weep so badly but later I was grateful they happened at those times.
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Adiahaakwaibom1(f): 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?"

Have you ever asked God why of all my peers, I'm the only orphan? It's only my parents that had to die and leave me alone in this wicked world. Esther 2:7

Well maybe it's because you're an Esther that God wants to get married to a king who ruled the world and so He could make you become a very powerful queen whom He's use you to preserve the lives and posterity of His people Israel. Esther 7.

Have you ever asked God, "why of all my siblings, I am the one that would be the illegitimate child and be called a 'bastard', and cast out of my father's house?" Judges 11:1-3

Well maybe, you're a Jephthah God intends to use you as an example, by making you not just the leader of your brethren, but also that of a great nation and His people Israel, to show that regardless of how you came about into this world, whether illegitimately or not, that the most important thing is that you humbled yourself before Him, and commit your life and affairs to Him, so He can make you to become the best you could possibly be in life and to achieve the purpose for which you were born. Judges 11

Have you ever asked God, "what have I done wrong?" "Why am I being hated so much by all my brethren, that they are determined to kill me?" Genesis 37:20

Well maybe you're a Joseph and the immense hatred of your brothers toward you, is part of His plan to bring to fulfillment the dreams He's given you of becoming a king and also to achieve His plan of using you to preserve the posterity of the human race, including those of your brothers and family members, so they wouldn't go into extinction during impending gruesome famine that would ravage the land. Genesis 41, 42.

Have you asked God, why is it me that had to be barren among my mates, that makes me reproached by men?

Well, it could be because you're an Hannah that God doesn't want to give birth to just another child but a special one and one in a million, that would become a seer at a time when it was said that the Word from the Lord was scarce, and whom the Lord would make to become the last Judge of His people Israel. Samuel 1, 3.

Or perhaps a Sarah through whose son God intends to establish His covenant with Abraham, that the whole world would be blessed through Him, and through whose lineage the Messiah would emerge. Genesis 17:19; 21:2-7

Or probably an Elizabeth who God intends to give birth to the forerunner to the Messiah, the King of king and Lord of lords, the Alpha and Omega, the only begotten Son of God, who God would use to prepare His way, and make His paths straight, who would become, one of, if not the greatest of anyone born of a woman before the coming of Christ. Luke 1:7, 57-58.

Have you ever asked God, "why me, that has served you faithfully, and ensured that I adhere to Your Ways and Word, that this calamity has befallen, that I have become an embodiment of reproach to men and being mocked by the wicked and those who have no regard for the things of God?" Job 1:13-22; Job 2:7-13

Well, just maybe, you're righteous Job, and God wants to use you to prove to the devil that a man's love for God could be hinged on God alone and not what God gives to him or does for Him. And after He has used your example to shame the devil and put him in his rightful place, you'd be rewarded double for all your trouble, and everything the devil stole from you, you would recover all and be fully restored back, so that your latter days shall be greater than your former. Job 1:6-12; 1-7; 42:11.

God bless.

I needed this piece right now in life
Thanks for the inspirational post
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by Anointed100(m): 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
The world is random. shit happens to everyone at varying degrees. we look for patterns and wish the randomness of the world can be stopped in our case alone so we created God and assumed talking to him would make less shit and randomness befall us compared to those who don't but it doesn't work. we still fall sick on average like the heathens, we still struggle to get jobs just like heathens we still struggle to set up businesses that most times eventually fail just like the heathens. we die too just like heathens.

Our cases aren't different, we're all in this shit together and we should just embrace the randomness of the world rather than think some imaginary hand would interfere and make your life less random.

Apt and clear
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by freesoul12: 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
Sure i did years back.. Na then î know God is great and merciful.. Within 3 month.. Î dont know how cash dey roll in while working less. Î made nothing while working hard.. But since dat statement. Î didnt know d spirit dat led me to a particular page on Twitter.. E no reach 4 month wey million enter . God is great
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by freesoul12: 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
Toks2008:

Exactly bro. Leave GOD to do as he pleases with your life. Just trust and obey.

Believe it or not... His plans towards you is amazing but initially everything will not make sense until. It finally starts making sense to you.

I am a living testimony.

Exactly bro .. When d time comes.. Wat doesnt make sense will even fetch person money
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by freesoul12: 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2021
Blake755:
Am still asking it even now he can go to hell for all I care
I rather believe now in luck than God

Then who owns dat luck
Re: Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" by biggie73(m): 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
Why ask why? God is like a porter, we are clays.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God Created Everyone For A Purpose.what About miscarried babies? / 4 Things Every Christian Should Know About The Rapture / If Allah Is God, Why Does He Pray For Muhammad? Surah 33:43, 33:56, And 2:157?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.