Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) (34778 Views)

Ehi Ogbebor And MC Oluomo Dating?: 'No Man Gave Me Money To Build My House' / Ehi Ogbebor Gifts Her Personal Assistant A Mercedes Benz (Photos) / Ehi Ogbebor: 'Ken Bramor Killed Mother For Money Ritual, Tried Killing My Child' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 08, 2021
federal9:
Coaster biscuit is now 2 for #50

Golden Penny Spaghetti I do buy for 250 is now 350

Nobody seems to be talking.

Las las

People will start growing crops in their houses.
Omo things cheap for your side oo..golden penny na 420 here..
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 08, 2021
If you dey complain wetin you wan make average Nigerian make em dey do do?
E choke everybody like this now..gas na em dey even vex me na 700 now..
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by RoyalBoutique(m): 10:53am On Nov 08, 2021
Tomahawk99:

Too early for this kind mumu talk na.

Too early?
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by havenz(m): 10:56am On Nov 08, 2021
Are you just waking up, let me still do the answering by saying NO.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Lanretoye(m): 10:59am On Nov 08, 2021
tammyboy1:
I'm sure you voted Buhari so kindly Suffer
when ur papa feed u finish u go know how far.

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Indispensable85(m): 11:04am On Nov 08, 2021
EBMedia:
Nigerian interior designer, Ehi Ogbebor has lamented the hike in prices of food commodities, IgbereTV reports.

She held a list in her hand in a recent video, saying she would be spending N40k on a bag of rice and N35k to fill gas.

In her words;

She captioned the video on Instagram;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV-Rji3ttzE/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W48rMovHk9Q

Old age don come oooo
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:06am On Nov 08, 2021
Everybody dey feel the heat, if na ordinary person talk now, them go say na poverty mentality angry
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Brushstrokes20: 11:07am On Nov 08, 2021
Its another satanic, sadistic achievement / legacy of the redundant vegetable!

The diabolic Tyrant is all shades of disasters undecided

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by olatuns2017: 11:10am On Nov 08, 2021
EBMedia:
Nigerian interior designer, Ehi Ogbebor has lamented the hike in prices of food commodities, IgbereTV reports.

She held a list in her hand in a recent video, saying she would be spending N40k on a bag of rice and N35k to fill gas.

In her words;

Unfortunately prices of food is increasing all over the world

You can ask them in UK/US

But

Nijaa IPOB add prices of their family problems to market prices of food

She captioned the video on Instagram;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV-Rji3ttzE/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W48rMovHk9Q
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Biglittlelois(f): 11:13am On Nov 08, 2021
PoliticallyLeft:
Desperate times call for desperate measures. The solutions of the Nationwide inflation are within, we should internalize problem solving in this country.

I think the best antidote to this national emergency is the rejection of Keynesian economics and the adoption of supply-side economics.
Margaret Thatcher, the Iron Lady, adopted this strategy to resolve the economic hardship of post-war Britain when she became Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

One of Thatcher's most notable move was weakening trade unions. Prices of goods are not determined by the forces of demand and supply but fixed artificially by trade union. If the trade unions democratically fixed the prices, it would even be better. But they enforce these prices in their territory, sanction members who sell below the price and coerce non-members who sell below their price to increase their prices through illegal means like destruction of their wares. The price of something as common as garri is fixed by the Garri union of various States.

A law should be enacted to criminalize price fixing by trade unions in the country. The law should also be supported by an Excess Profit Act (Similar to that of the United States) but in this case , producers of essential commodities will be mandated to register their businesses. If they make a profit of more than 20% per product, their tax increases by 50% grin but receive tax cut of 50% if they sell at 20% profit rate or below.

Rightly said, but will they be able to enact and enforce the law? Will people follow it? These are part of the problem we have in this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by superCleanworks(m): 11:13am On Nov 08, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
why does she keep saying LIKE ? does she think she is a white californian valley girl

i almost vomited reading what she wrote. like like like. rubbish
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by CSTRR: 11:13am On Nov 08, 2021
DOTian:
I sometimes worry about how low income families feed..
People must be really starving.
How do poor people cope with all these news of rising food stuffs.
If not for the media and their collaboration with this government to hide some of these things, Nigeria will be boiling by now..
Many people are passing through terrible suffering.

Gas is now 750/kg.

Yet Buhari supporters are telling us that APC will win in 2023.

And there is nothing we can do about it.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Ykc2(m): 11:14am On Nov 08, 2021
PoliticallyLeft:
Desperate times call for desperate measures. The solutions of the Nationwide inflation are within, we should internalize problem solving in this country.

I think the best antidote to this national emergency is the rejection of Keynesian economics and the adoption of supply-side economics.
Margaret Thatcher, the Iron Lady, adopted this strategy to resolve the economic hardship of post-war Britain when she became Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

One of Thatcher's most notable move was weakening trade unions. Prices of goods are not determined by the forces of demand and supply but fixed artificially by trade union. If the trade unions democratically fixed the prices, it would even be better. But they enforce these prices in their territory, sanction members who sell below the price and coerce non-members who sell below their price to increase their prices through illegal means like destruction of their wares. The price of something as common as garri is fixed by the Garri union of various States.

A law should be enacted to criminalize price fixing by trade unions in the country. The law should also be supported by an Excess Profit Act (Similar to that of the United States) but in this case , producers of essential commodities will be mandated to register their businesses. If they make a profit of more than 20% per product, their tax increases by 50% grin but receive tax cut of 50% if they sell at 20% profit rate or below.
if you go sokoto to buy a bag of onions 6000 naira then you will use your gbola to transport it to southern Nigeria so you can sell at cheap price of maybe 6500 naira ,�even if your selling bush meat you caught your self you must increase your price,
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by HEAVEN4444: 11:14am On Nov 08, 2021
superCleanworks:

i almost vomited reading what she wrote. like like like. rubbish
lmao she wan form cali valley girl lol
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by assent: 11:14am On Nov 08, 2021
PoliticallyLeft:

Buhari's failure is the cause of rising food cost
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by CSTRR: 11:16am On Nov 08, 2021
The dramatic increase in inflation, cost of living is so sharp that it can't be natural or unavoidable.

This is pure misgovernance in action.

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by generalwo(m): 11:19am On Nov 08, 2021
Madam go sleep..... Why u come dey tell us werin we know already...... U see 35k buy rice u dey complain.... People dey wen never know wetin them go even chop today..... Every body Wan enter news these days.... Mad people
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by King44(m): 11:19am On Nov 08, 2021
It seems everyone is enjoying the price hike, nobody cares about talking we just keep quiet, complain to ourselves and move on.

Me that I like filling gas to the brim I had to fill half cos the price is crazy.

We are all keeping quiet las las e go reach everybody u
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by jaxxy(m): 11:20am On Nov 08, 2021
Why is she looking white ish and weird. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by RodgersAkpafu: 11:21am On Nov 08, 2021
kinglee007:

Hanty, but Bag of Rice never reach 40k nah. Abi na supermarket rice you dey buy? No give this people hope say we fit buy am at that price make dem come dey sell am for that price. Christmas never reach o!

If rich man don dey complain like this, what's the hope for the poor? I would have added middle class but, do we still have those in this kontri?
I bought a bag of rice for 32k last week sha
What's going on in this country
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by RodgersAkpafu: 11:21am On Nov 08, 2021
generalwo:
Madam go sleep..... Why u come dey tell us werin we know already...... U see 35k buy rice u dey complain.... People dey wen never know wetin them go even chop today..... Every body Wan enter news these days.... Mad people
Ask yourself whether what you wrote makes any sense
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by generalwo(m): 11:24am On Nov 08, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

Ask yourself whether what you wrote makes any sense
. Go die... No be me cause your problems... Go face your village people..... Why my comment dey pain u? If u no fit read am, u no go Waka pass?
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by daddytime(m): 11:26am On Nov 08, 2021
PoliticallyLeft:

Beautiful submission.

First things, first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by RodgersAkpafu: 11:28am On Nov 08, 2021
generalwo:
. Go die... No be me cause your problems... Go face your village people..... Why my comment dey pain u? If u no fit read am, u no go Waka pass?
You are the one who has problems and is suffering
its evident in your comment
You and many like you on this thread just came here to type bone headed comments
I understand sha
Suffering in this buharilised economy has a way of affecting people to the point they dont reason properly again

I'm going through the comments and wondering what's wrong with many of you undecided

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by JaskanFactor: 11:31am On Nov 08, 2021
the economy has nothing to do with the price of food stuff, they want to reduce the population and anyway will do , starvation , war, suicide you name it.

The Nigerian situation and economy is planned not to improve till 90% of the population is gone.

So help us God against enemies of our nation, and enemies of our race that run our country.

regardless of your profession, everybody should be a farmer by now, especially now that you know the high food price is not cause of economy, but cause of planned starvation.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Forgodsgrace: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2021
Oh no!!Dont worry EFCC will look into the matter.At least,everybody go Dey alright
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Reference(m): 11:35am On Nov 08, 2021
Tomahawk99:

Too early for this kind mumu talk na.
[code][/code]

He is absolutely correct. Elections do have serious consequences and the choices we make determine the experiences we enjoy or suffer over time.

What else is responsible for this if not incompetent leadership. Nigeria is not the only country on earth but one beseiged by so much problems because those empowered to make life better have no idea of how to, simple.

We lack serious capacity and competence at the very top.... or are you volunteering to personally solve the inflation menace in Nigeria today?.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by generalwo(m): 11:35am On Nov 08, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

You are the one who has problems and is suffering
its evident in your comment
You and many like you on this thread just came here to type bone headed comments
I understand sha
Suffering in this buharilised economy has a way of affecting people to the point they dont reason properly again

I'm going through the comments and wondering what's wrong with many of you undecided
.....go meet your village chief priest to explain the origin of your problems...... She see money buy food, she dey complain..... Now let me ask u, what did that video teach you.... How to buy rice for 40k or how to buy gas for 35k....what exactly did the video teach you....... Even who sit down for chair these days Wan do video about the chair.... If every body come out and begin to do such useless and uneducative vidsos, what do u think the internet will be like I am still waiting for u to tell me one thing the video taught you....... I been dey even reason say she Wan talk say since things are so expensive, she wants to go give away for her fans.... Instead you dey tell them nonsense... Them tell her say them nor know how much bag of rice cost or how much gas cost....... Abeg tell me werin you learn from the video
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by DonBenny77(m): 11:35am On Nov 08, 2021
kinglee007:

Hanty, but Bag of Rice never reach 40k nah. Abi na supermarket rice you dey buy? No give this people hope say we fit buy am at that price make dem come dey sell am for that price. Christmas never reach o!

If rich man don dey complain like this, what's the hope for the poor? I would have added middle class but, do we still have those in this kontri?
She's not buying just one, same as the gas there are levels to these things....some people dey feed community I bag fit no last a month for some households
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by MacAnalytic: 11:41am On Nov 08, 2021
DOTian:
I sometimes worry about how low income families feed..
People must be really starving.
How do poor people cope with all these news of rising food stuffs.
If not for the media and their collaboration with this government to hide some of these things, Nigeria will be boiling by now..

NOT UNTIL THE PEOPLE RISE.. THEIR OPPRESION CONTINUE...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thin Tall Tony Arrives Calabar In Style (photos) / Dayo Amusa: MC Oluomo Makes The World A Happy Place / Juliet Ibrahim Goes Grey, Gets Mixed Reactions From Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.