Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) (34774 Views)

Ehi Ogbebor And MC Oluomo Dating?: 'No Man Gave Me Money To Build My House' / Ehi Ogbebor Gifts Her Personal Assistant A Mercedes Benz (Photos) / Ehi Ogbebor: 'Ken Bramor Killed Mother For Money Ritual, Tried Killing My Child' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by muheeb01(m): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2021
It's everywhere oo,the economy is that bad,naira is becoming useless day by day
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by prigoz(m): 11:50am On Nov 08, 2021
Am sure that you were one of those who voted change, pls enjoy your change in peace.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by kinglee007(m): 11:52am On Nov 08, 2021
DonBenny77:

She's not buying just one, same as the gas there are levels to these things....some people dey feed community I bag fit no last a month for some households

Oga, I'm only quoting what she said "a bag of rice". Abi you didn't play the video ni? Or your didn't read the post well.

Besides there's something they call sarcasm. Look it up on google.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by kinglee007(m): 11:54am On Nov 08, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

I bought a bag of rice for 32k last week sha
What's going on in this country

My guy, one can only but wonder. Though, my guy in Abj said it's not as high as what we buy it in Lagos over there. He lives around Karo, Nyanya axis though

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by AfonjaConehead: 11:57am On Nov 08, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
grin

Fine girl. Fine house. she's too clean for mufutaus and mumunis. You can manage your toothpick legged mutiats and sikirats selling ata wewe pelu rodo, thank you very much grin

Let me come and cook for you and do some other stuff. If you get.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Military0001: 11:57am On Nov 08, 2021
Military0001:
Some Nigerians self, which one is Millionaire interior designer…..

So OP cannot simply mention her name, well una too like bragging for this part of the world
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by delzbaba(m): 11:58am On Nov 08, 2021
this girl go dey snore with that kind nose and wide mouth walai.. grin
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by delpee(f): 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2021
DOTian:
I sometimes worry about how low income families feed..
People must be really starving.
How do poor people cope with all these news of rising food stuffs.
If not for the media and their collaboration with this government to hide some of these things, Nigeria will be boiling by now..

My thoughts too. I get sooo many requests for help now. It's so depressing.

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by YourFavorite21(m): 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2021
No money, yet price of things dey increase every fvcking day.
God go punish anybody wey dey support BAT for 2023 election. sad
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by peculiar2233: 12:08pm On Nov 08, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
angry 35k to fill gas ? what is the size of her gas cyclinder ?
50kg grin
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Maryandrea: 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2021
Bros,she get d mney
tammyboy1:
I'm sure you voted Buhari so kindly Suffer
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by DOTian: 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2021
delpee:

My thoughts too. I get sooo many requests for help now. It's so depressing.
The same here..
Relatives who ordinarily don't easily ask for help are now swallowing their pride to call for help...
People are starving..
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by brandsoncharlie: 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
PoliticallyLeft:
Desperate times call for desperate measures. The solutions of the Nationwide inflation are within, we should internalize problem solving in this country.

I think the best antidote to this national emergency is the rejection of Keynesian economics and the adoption of supply-side economics.
Margaret Thatcher, the Iron Lady, adopted this strategy to resolve the economic hardship of post-war Britain when she became Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

One of Thatcher's most notable move was weakening trade unions. Prices of goods are not determined by the forces of demand and supply but fixed artificially by trade union. If the trade unions democratically fixed the prices, it would even be better. But they enforce these prices in their territory, sanction members who sell below the price and coerce non-members who sell below their price to increase their prices through illegal means like destruction of their wares. The price of something as common as garri is fixed by the Garri union of various States.

A law should be enacted to criminalize price fixing by trade unions in the country. The law should also be supported by an Excess Profit Act (Similar to that of the United States) but in this case , producers of essential commodities will be mandated to register their businesses. If they make a profit of more than 20% per product, their tax increases by 50% grin but receive tax cut of 50% if they sell at 20% profit rate or below.
You think managing an economy of a country like Nigeria, is this long theory of yours.
Times have changed.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by SaintAY(m): 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2021
muller101:
Do you know how much farmers spends on farms? Chemicals that was bought 1,500 is now 3,000. Should I go further?
Please do
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Endtime123: 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
EBMedia:
Nigerian interior designer, Ehi Ogbebor has lamented the hike in prices of food commodities, IgbereTV reports.

She held a list in her hand in a recent video, saying she would be spending N40k on a bag of rice and N35k to fill gas.

In her words;

She captioned the video on Instagram;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV-Rji3ttzE/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W48rMovHk9Q
Till now am still wondering why we can't troop out and protest against this hardship they put us in.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by ibknaanii80: 1:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
I have seen this a couple of years ago, when the cattle rustler started invading South and causing panick among farmers going to farm. Not many feels safe farming there land like they used to do due to fear of being ambush or cows feeding on their farm produce without any consequences. If the security issue is not resolved, prices of food will continue to remain very high. People aren't lazy, but they aren't ready to die.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Tomahawk99(m): 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2021
Reference:
[code][/code]

He is absolutely correct. Elections do have serious consequences and the choices we make determine the experiences we enjoy or suffer over time.

What else is responsible for this if not incompetent leadership. Nigeria is not the only country on earth but one beseiged by so much problems because those empowered to make life better have no idea of how to, simple.

We lack serious capacity and competence at the very top.... or are you volunteering to personally solve the inflation menace in Nigeria today?.
So you concluded she voted for Buhari without any proof or you even knowing her. Based on that thinking what then do you say to those below the voting age who did not vote and the millions who voted for the opposition,what will be the justification for the hardship they equally face like the rest of Nigerians?
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by adecz: 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2021
❌❌▶️ And why is she smiling all through
with her bald head... ☹️☹️☹️
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by AKWATGOLD1(m): 2:21pm On Nov 08, 2021
Lagos NURTW Boss MC Oluomo has increase your upkeep now.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by bigtt76(f): 2:27pm On Nov 08, 2021
You prefer to spend money on powder makeup you wash off at night than feed your family because cost don high eh? Isssssorite cheesy cheesy cheesy

EBMedia:
Nigerian interior designer, Ehi Ogbebor has lamented the hike in prices of food commodities, IgbereTV reports.

She held a list in her hand in a recent video, saying she would be spending N40k on a bag of rice and N35k to fill gas.

In her words;

She captioned the video on Instagram;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV-Rji3ttzE/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W48rMovHk9Q
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Cousin9999: 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2021
So, does that mean she's going to donate food to poor communities? Will she create a charity farm that gives free produce to less fortunate? Or is she just going to talk.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Exodora: 4:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
kinglee007:

Hanty, but Bag of Rice never reach 40k nah. Abi na supermarket rice you dey buy? No give this people hope say we fit buy am at that price make dem come dey sell am for that price. Christmas never reach o!

If rich man don dey complain like this, what's the hope for the poor? I would have added middle class but, do we still have those in this kontri?
What type of rice do you buy . There is this particular rice that we bought sometime in April 30k we have to cut down our expenses so we changed to another type of rice . You really need to see the rice after parboiling it its so good but as it stands now we just have to cut down some expenses.
5 litters of groundnut oil rises with almost #1500 every month , so she may not be far from the truth .
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2021
PoliticallyLeft:
Desperate times call for desperate measures. The solutions of the Nationwide inflation are within, we should internalize problem solving in this country.

I think the best antidote to this national emergency is the rejection of Keynesian economics and the adoption of supply-side economics.
Margaret Thatcher, the Iron Lady, adopted this strategy to resolve the economic hardship of post-war Britain when she became Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

One of Thatcher's most notable move was weakening trade unions. Prices of goods are not determined by the forces of demand and supply but fixed artificially by trade union. If the trade unions democratically fixed the prices, it would even be better. But they enforce these prices in their territory, sanction members who sell below the price and coerce non-members who sell below their price to increase their prices through illegal means like destruction of their wares. The price of something as common as garri is fixed by the Garri union of various States.

A law should be enacted to criminalize price fixing by trade unions in the country. The law should also be supported by an Excess Profit Act (Similar to that of the United States) but in this case , producers of essential commodities will be mandated to register their businesses. If they make a profit of more than 20% per product, their tax increases by 50% grin but receive tax cut of 50% if they sell at 20% profit rate or below.
this can not work in Nigeria
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by kinglee007(m): 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2021
Exodora:

What type of rice do you buy . There is this particular rice that we bought sometime in April 30k we have to cut down our expenses so we changed to another type of rice . You really need to see the rice after parboiling it its so good but as it stands now we just have to cut down some expenses.
5 litters of groundnut oil rises with almost #1500 every month , so she may not be far from the truth .

My brother, na agric I dey chop o! Short grain. Don't like the long grains. Regarding the increase in food price, I no doubt you. My guy took 15k to the market after thinking his fiance was always trying to cheat him. He took the list, went to the market with 15k and came back with one polythene bag of Soup and stew ingredients. He said at a time in the market, he went to corner and started calculations to know if he lost money. Na ntooor we take greet am.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Nwagod26: 7:59pm On Nov 08, 2021
tammyboy1:
I'm sure you voted Buhari so kindly Suffer

I talk am say sense, you no get.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by BigBashiru: 2:59am On Nov 09, 2021
muheeb01:
It's everywhere oo,the economy is that bad,naira is becoming useless day by day

any little thing you touch N10k. it's terrible!
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by Exodora: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
kinglee007:

My brother, na agric I dey chop o! Short grain. Don't like the long grains. Regarding the increase in food price, I no doubt you. My guy took 15k to the market after thinking his fiance was always trying to cheat him. He took the list, went to the market with 15k and came back with one polythene bag of Soup and stew ingredients. He said at a time in the market, he went to corner and started calculations to know if he lost money. Na ntooor we take greet am.
Na God go save us especially this coming season.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by kinglee007(m): 3:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
Exodora:

Na God go save us especially this coming season.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Laments The Rising Cost Of Foodstuff In Nigeria (Photo, Video) by jaiyeorie: 3:05pm On Nov 09, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mcchotj_l4

Toke Makinwa Cape Town birthday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anna Banner In Fierce New Photos / OJB Jezreel Buried At Ikoyi Cemetery (Photos) / Dayo Amusa: MC Oluomo Makes The World A Happy Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.