Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (621677 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by geefivez(m): 9:39am On Feb 26, 2012
Please can somebody direct me where i can buy an intelligent external battery charger for my inverter. I leant the charging rate of my inverter is very low. I based in lagos.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 10:27am On Feb 27, 2012
goodmorning guys. long time. pls how is ur experience on emel inverter? are they ok? pls reply
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 13, 2012
thinkn of buying a Sukam 1.4 kva inverter and 2 100AH batteries. Can I use a locally coupled diesel generator to charge it coz d generator's output isn't stable ie it fluctuates?
How rugged are Sukam inverters? About how much can I get this configuration?
Thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by docng: 3:06am On May 22, 2012
hello, please i, I will like to know if 1.5KVA inverter can power a single room with fridge included? ii, I could see from the post that N120,000 will install a 3KVA with 2x 200AH batteries, pls what is the maker of the inverter and battery, and how may watt 24V solar panel can be used with for maximum charging?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by deeplo(m): 1:00pm On May 28, 2012
dsunmade: thinkn of buying a Sukam 1.4 kva inverter and 2 100AH batteries. Can I use a locally coupled diesel generator to charge it coz d generator's output isn't stable ie it fluctuates?
How rugged are Sukam inverters? About how much can I get this configuration?
Thanks
Am currently using sukam 1.4kva inverter in my house. its a flat with 4room and master bedroom. If your generator is above 2kva it will charge your battery very well. The battery is 2pc of 12v 200ah and it will be fully charge with nepa in 5hrs and 6 or more depending on your generator watt output
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 24, 2012
Deeplo, do you use a battery equalizer with ur setup? What are the pros n cons of using a battery equalizer? Thanx for ur help
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by deeplo(m): 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2012
dsunmade: Deeplo, do you use a battery equalizer with ur setup? What are the pros n cons of using a battery equalizer? Thanx for ur help

Yes, i use stabilizer with it. I use century 5kva for the 3.5kva inverter in my office and 2kva stabilizer for 1.5kva inverter. This is to help regulate the power cos in my street there is irregular voltage.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by pdozie: 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2012
This is not a nice thread. It is an execellent thread! smiley
In Nigeria now, Inverter is a necessity (if one can afford it). I've been using mine for 2 years now. The installer was smart enough to re-wire and place heavy points (A.C., cooking machine, pumping machine etc) in a different distribution point. Till I stumbled to this thread, i didnt realise that the batteries may not be charging well (3.5KVA Su-Kam inverter, 4 200aH Sukam batteries - all four now replaced within d 2 years). I observed that one battery die first (about 8v when down)not all at the same time. I've however started having issues with the inverter. Seems it needs some servicing. Not sure its something I can do myself. Please advice:
1. Sometimes when NEPA is off and battery is supposedly fully charged (51v max for the 4 batteries), if I power on the inverter it doesnt come on. But if NEPA or Gen is switched on it works. After NEPA outage again, if you try powering it, it comes up. What could be wrong?

2. Whenever I power the inverter these days (No NEPA), it trips off on its own and comes on again. Sometimes it trips off and on upto 4-5 times before it stabilizes. With NEPA or GEN supply this does not happen.

3. The LED display that shows you info on the status of inverter now displays only bars (blank). No info.

4. With 51v output on full charge, I reckon the batteries are not getting charged up right? Will it be wise to use an external charger? How can I connect it? SHould the batteries be disconnected from the inverter before using external charger? How much is the charger? Where can I get good one?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ggood: 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2012
femiolorun: INVERTER DESIGNER IN THE HOUSE RIGHT NOW

having gone thru all the point stressed above, im here to give you reality about inverter starting from the battery

BATTERY
over the years i found out that the best battery to use for inverter is deep cycle battery
especially made in korea or malasia run away from china made but made in china with japan technology is also ok.

those point stresses above never state the kind of battery used, honestly deep cycle or as people call it inverter battery is the best
1-if your inverter has low voltage shut down then you should used your deep cycle for 2years
2-if your inverter has no shut down then your deep cycle should use 1.5year

The above point is on every day useage of inveter especially where there is no light (NEPA) and you depend on generator to charge but if you stay where there is NEPA then you are expect to use your battery more than the above calculation cos you battery will not be on the run most of the time
If you are using car battery im sorry wthin 3months your battery will be dead and dead for life

CHARGING YOUR BATTERY
THE PICTURE ATTACHED IS A SMALL CLAM METER THAT EVERY INVERTER USER SHOULD HAVE, SO THAT YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON ON YOUR BATTERY DURING CHARGING IF POSSIBLE

Many people have use inverter and they are discourage due to charging, the truth about it is that when you are using inverter and it does not last like the first day that your battery is new you get discourage and let me tell you that if you buy battery and it serve you like 12hours, it should serve you the same hours with same load when you charge. But this rarely happen the problem is the charging.
So if you are using 100amp battery you need a minimum of 10amp charger and a minimum of 15amp charger if you are draining your battery to 7.5volt, the inverter battery has been built to accomadate such usage but you need a good charger to charger it back to 15volt(cycle use) this fact can also be seen on deep cycle battery. There you see
Standby use 13.2-13.8 and cycle use to 14.4 to 15.0 volt
Cycle use if for inverter application to which you discharge down to 7.5v to 8.2volt
Also if you are using 200amp battery you need a minimum of 20amp charging circuit to charger so that this and 25amp charger if you discharging to 7.5 to 8.2v
But I’m here to tell you that inverter with built in charger cannot do this charging this, but you will hardly know if you have regular NEPA in your house, but remember sometime that your so call nepa will be so low that charging become difficult and slow.
If you want to confirm this you can get this meter to read your current during, in fact I have seen a charger that is charging 200amp delivery only 5amp, the user of this was discourage and solution was given and was happy
So deep cycle battery with good charger will charger your battery to 15v for just 2.5hours and 1.5hours if its 100amp this is what you need to enjoy your inverter.

Inverter
If you want to run up to a duplex what you only need is 3kva inverter this will run virtually everything in your house with a single 200amp unbelievable if you doubt this I will seek permission to release number to you for those using it for you to have a check, when the whole house is on load together with small size frizer you run for 5hours but in the night when you want to run and load is regulated fan and some bulb on then you will use till day break and still use in the afternoon, this 3kva has be design to run both on single battery and two battery this inverter come with 30amp battery charger.

Local inverter
If you have local inverter that is not working fine, maybe humming or not running your fan, to the extent of burning it, we can give you a solution and you will enjoy it,

if anybody is given you inverter make sure it is deep cycle battery.
if you have already made inverter or local one and you are not enjoying it
for more info and solution pls call
femi on 08033681445
josfemi@yahoo.com

I WANT TO GET A GOOD INVERTER FOR MY CYBER CAFE I HAVE 15 SYSTEMS 15 FLAT SCREEN AND 3 FANS , WHERE IS YOUR LOCATION SO THAT WE CAN MEET .
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ethnan: 12:24am On Aug 28, 2012
Need to know what size of inverter to use?
need to know what backup time you can get on your inverter?
Need to learn more about inverters,solar power etc?
Need professional inverter and solar power installation?

So much is on this website: http://www.hisystems.com.ng
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by mjay(m): 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2012
Honestly I wondered why I have not been using it all these years. Stress free and money saving too. The initial cost may be high but its worth every penny. Be sure to get quality inverter and quality technician too, I learned in an expensive way.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2012
I dont know about u, i hv used and installed emel inverters and they work superb especially the 3stage charging system

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
A friend needs a small inverter (the smallest if possible). She stays in a single room and will need it to power a ceiling fan, 2 small electric bulbs and possibly a 14" tv. How much is the smallest inverter? And what product and capacity do u advise? I await your responses house. Thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by yemisolar(m): 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2012
bettymafy: A friend needs a small inverter (the smallest if possible). She stays in a single room and will need it to power a ceiling fan, 2 small electric bulbs and possibly a 14" tv. How much is the smallest inverter? And what product and capacity do u advise? I await your responses house. Thanks

a 1kva with 100ah battery will be okay for her. i can install one for her for a total cost of 65,000. she can pay in three installments. you can call me on 08052141582 or mail pettral@yahoo.com
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 25, 2012
^^^ Way above her budget. Thanks though.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Vinsmuft(m): 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2012
I have been using my 1.4 Tec inverter with two batteries for almost two yrs with no issues. I just replaced my batteries last month and discovered that sometimes (especially when I allow the batteries to run down) my inverter does not charge the batteries. It will just show battery fully charged even when I know that the batteries are flat. Could the problem be from my inverter or from the new batteries that I just bought last month? Thanks to this forum, I now know that I should not let the batteries to run down totally.
What do i do? Please advise. Thanks smiley
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kunletech: 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2012
targus: Hello Guys, Is it possible for me to use Inverter with my Fridge Freezer, 3 bulbs and 3 fans?, Like how many Kva  inverter plus battery will i need. Thanks

yes, 3KVA with 4 batteries, it ill also cary ur 2 fans, 5 light bulbs, 1 tv, 1 decoder, 1 pc.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by purplekayc(m): 11:46am On Sep 27, 2012
RECOMMENDATION GUYS: wanna buy an inverter but @ loss about which type to go for , I have a tv , decoder two computers, 4 bulbs ,home theatre , which power of inverter would be suitable? That would last quite some hours?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2012
U can buy a 1.5 kva sukam with 2 batteries either 100 or 200Ah,prefarably the latter. Total cost should come to 100k for the smaller type and 150k for the larger batteries.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by phemweb: 6:59pm On Oct 01, 2012
ggood:

I WANT TO GET A GOOD INVERTER FOR MY CYBER CAFE I HAVE 15 SYSTEMS 15 FLAT SCREEN AND 3 FANS , WHERE IS YOUR LOCATION SO THAT WE CAN MEET .

This 8KVA modified sine power inverter has a 12 volt input and a 220 volt 50hz output. This power inverter is designed for use in Africa and Europe. With a 8KVA continuous output this power inverter is perfect for any midsize to large applications. This unit is a 8KVA 220 50hz power inverter good for use in most European and African countries the unit has a direct connect AC terminal for larger loads and universal plugs to accept almost any type of male connector. You can also monitor battery voltage and wattage output on the AC side of this power inverter. This 8KVA power inverter is a great choice for your off-grid house or business in Africa or Europe. It is also a suitable source for back up power in your business.

Features

8 KVA max continuous power
Modified sine wave
Volt meter on front panel to monitor your battery voltage
Amp meter on front panel to monitor your current use (rate at which battery is drained)
AC Direct Connect Terminal
Over Temperature LED indicator
Over Load LED indicator
3 universal ac receptacles
On/off switch
Over Temperature protection
Over Load protection
Single cooling fan operation thermally controlled
Internally fuse protected
Auto reset on most fault conditions
Aluminum case for optimal cooling
Pre-wired for remote on/off switch
Pre-slotted mounting plate
Instruction manual
1 Year Warranty

Specifications:

Continuous output power: 8KVA
Surge power capability (peak power): 16000 Watts
dc input / operating voltage: 10 to 16 Volts
Output voltage: 220 Volts ac
Output wave form: modified sine wave with phase correction
Output frequency: 50 Hz +/- 1 Hz
Battery low voltage alarm: 10.5 +/- 0.5 Volts
Battery low voltage shutdown: 10.0 +/- 0.5 Volts
No load current: < 0.6 Amps
Full load efficiency: 90%
1/3 load efficiency: 95%
No load minimum operating temperature: -15 degrees Celsius
Full load maximum operating temperature: 55 +/- 5 degrees Celsius (automatic shutdown)
AC Output Socket Type: dual universal Type
High input voltage protection: 15V-17V
Low input voltage shutdown: 10V
Internal fuse protection
price N270,000

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by phemweb: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
This 8KVA modified sine power inverter has a 12 volt input and a 220 volt 50hz output. This power inverter is designed for use in Africa and Europe. With a 8KVA continuous output this power inverter is perfect for any midsize to large applications. This unit is a 8KVA 220 50hz power inverter good for use in most European and African countries the unit has a direct connect AC terminal for larger loads and universal plugs to accept almost any type of male connector. You can also monitor battery voltage and wattage output on the AC side of this power inverter. This 8KVA power inverter is a great choice for your off-grid house or business in Africa or Europe. It is also a suitable source for back up power in your business.

Features

8 KVA max continuous power
Modified sine wave
Volt meter on front panel to monitor your battery voltage
Amp meter on front panel to monitor your current use (rate at which battery is drained)
AC Direct Connect Terminal
Over Temperature LED indicator
Over Load LED indicator
3 universal ac receptacles
On/off switch
Over Temperature protection
Over Load protection
Single cooling fan operation thermally controlled
Internally fuse protected
Auto reset on most fault conditions
Aluminum case for optimal cooling
Pre-wired for remote on/off switch
Pre-slotted mounting plate
Instruction manual
1 Year Warranty

Specifications:

Continuous output power: 8KVA
Surge power capability (peak power): 16000 Watts
dc input / operating voltage: 10 to 16 Volts
Output voltage: 220 Volts ac
Output wave form: modified sine wave with phase correction
Output frequency: 50 Hz +/- 1 Hz
Battery low voltage alarm: 10.5 +/- 0.5 Volts
Battery low voltage shutdown: 10.0 +/- 0.5 Volts
No load current: < 0.6 Amps
Full load efficiency: 90%
1/3 load efficiency: 95%
No load minimum operating temperature: -15 degrees Celsius
Full load maximum operating temperature: 55 +/- 5 degrees Celsius (automatic shutdown)
AC Output Socket Type: dual universal Type
High input voltage protection: 15V-17V
Low input voltage shutdown: 10V
Internal fuse protection
price N270,000

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ethnan: 9:47am On Oct 04, 2012
purplekayc: RECOMMENDATION GUYS: wanna buy an inverter but @ loss about which type to go for , I have a tv , decoder two computers, 4 bulbs ,home theatre , which power of inverter would be suitable? That would last quite some hours?

Looks like you will need about 2kva inverter system. You can check our website to do your automatic inverter selection yourself. http://www.hisystems.com.ng/index.php?p=Power&s_p=Inverters#invertercalculator
Professional installation is critical for the durability of your inverter system. Avoid cut and join technicians! If you have any questions,please do let me know.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ethnan: 9:58am On Oct 04, 2012
kunletech:

yes, 3KVA with 4 batteries, it ill also carry ur 2 fans, 5 light bulbs, 1 tv, 1 decoder, 1 pc.

Yes,you are correct to use 3KVA. But why really do you want to have your deep freezer too on the inverter? How long do you usually have power supply every other day? You can cut down your inverter installation cost if you do appropriate load selection. Check our website to automatically calculate the inverter size you require and the backup time you could get. http://www.hisystems.com.ng/index.php?p=Power&s_p=Inverters#invertercalculator

Bear in mind too that a professional inverter installation is key in ensuring durability of your inverter system.Avoid cut and join technicians.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by alstacs(m): 10:39am On Oct 27, 2012
Hello guys, I've made up my mind on buying a cyberpower 1.5kva inverter but a friend warned me that some inverters don't charge when the current is low or high. I have a friend who has luminous and he is thinking of giving it out now. Current in his area is low and doesn't charge the inverter and when he uses his generator, the current is too high.
Anyone with practical experience with Cyberpower with respect to charging?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ethnan: 8:55am On Oct 29, 2012
alstacs: Hello guys, I've made up my mind on buying a cyberpower 1.5kva inverter but a friend warned me that some inverters don't charge when the current is low or high. I have a friend who has luminous and he is thinking of giving it out now. Current in his area is low and doesn't charge the inverter and when he uses his generator, the current is too high.
Anyone with practical experience with Cyberpower with respect to charging?

Just tell me what you want and we will give you an inverter system that will last for you.The key stuff about inverters apart from buying a good one,is the installation.You can have a good inverter and if its not installed professionally,you will keep having issues. You can visit our site on http://www.hisystems.com.ng. Cheers
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by voltront: 4:04am On Nov 08, 2012
I have read every single post in this thread and i most say i appreciate you all for sharing. I have a 1.5kva (6months old new batteries) luminous inverted that lasted over 9hrs on the first use. Since then it goes just 3-5 hrs. It shows "battery charged 99%" after just 2hrs of charging. I would like to know if that's how luminous inverters work. Anyone who is conversant with it's operation should please comment. Thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ethnan: 2:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
voltront: I have read every single post in this thread and i most say i appreciate you all for sharing. I have a 1.5kva (6months old new batteries) luminous inverted that lasted over 9hrs on the first use. Since then it goes just 3-5 hrs. It shows "battery charged 99%" after just 2hrs of charging. I would like to know if that's how luminous inverters work. Anyone who is conversant with it's operation should please comment. Thanks

It looks like your batteries are having issues. You didn't say which make are the batteries. Since the inverter is charging the batteries at all,it looks the battery doesn't retain much charge. Was there anytime the batteries were left in a discharged state for about one week? leaving a battery in a discharged state for a long time could permanently damage the battery and drastically reduce its capacity. visit us at: www.hisystems.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by SpaceAngel: 5:50pm On Nov 16, 2012
Can a 0.8kva sukam inverter charge two 12v 200Ah battery.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by voltront: 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2012
[quote author=Ethnan]

It looks like your batteries are having issues. You didn't say which make are the batteries. Since the inverter is charging the batteries at all,it looks the battery doesn't retain much charge. Was there anytime the batteries were left in a discharged state for about one week? leaving a battery in a discharged state for a long time could permanently damage the battery and drastically reduce its capacity. visit us at: www.hisystems.com.ng
my batteries are infinty
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ethnan: 7:36am On Nov 19, 2012
[quote author=voltront][/quote]

Well,I dont know that brand of battery, but like I said earlier,the batteries are likely the problem you have.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by walcolm(m): 1:09pm On Nov 21, 2012
SpaceAngel: Can a 0.8kva sukam inverter charge two 12v 200Ah battery.

it should be able to charged them

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (166) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.