Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly (12136 Views)

List Of Lawmakers In The 7th Assembly Who Didn’t Sponsor A Single Bill / Why Aminu Tambuwal Is Fighting Bola Tinubu / IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by lagcity(m): 4:47am On Jun 07, 2011
Chyz*:

chyz. you and i are both laughing. but if i don't want to be mean, i have to tell you at one point to stop laughing. it is like when the family dog and the turkey are both laughing a day before thanksgiving. sooner or later, only one of them will still be laughing out loud. thanksgiving is 2015. i don warn u ooo! grin grin grin
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by aljharem3: 4:49am On Jun 07, 2011
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EzeUche1(m): 4:49am On Jun 07, 2011
Obiagu1:

Wow, this is getting interest!

President = SE/SS
VP  = North
Senate President = North
Speaker = North
Deputy Senate President = SE/SS
Deputy Speaker = SE/SS
SGF = SE/SS
Chief of Staff = SE/SS

SW

Does this not resemble the 1st republic when the North and the East dominated the government, but this time roles are reversed?

This is a dangerous precedent though. The South-west has no place in the top six positions in this country right now. Where is the fairness? One region is Vice President, Senate President and Speaker.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Chyz2: 4:50am On Jun 07, 2011
lagcity:

chyz. you and i are both laughing. but if i don't want to be mean, i have to tell you at one point to stop laughing. it is like when the family dog and the turkey are both laughing a day before thanksgiving. sooner or later, only one of them will still be laughing out loud. thanksgiving is 2015. i don warn u ooo!  grin grin grin

Is this a yoruba proverb? Lol,
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 4:52am On Jun 07, 2011
lagcity:

chyz. you and i are both laughing. but if i don't want to be mean, i have to tell you at one point to stop laughing. it is like when the family dog and the turkey are both laughing a day before thanksgiving. sooner or later, only one of them will still be laughing out loud. thanksgiving is 2015. i don warn u ooo! grin grin grin

And that's always how it ends up cool
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Obiagu1(m): 4:52am On Jun 07, 2011
EzeUche!:

This is a dangerous precedent though. The South-west has no place in the top six positions in this country right now. Where is the fairness? One region is Vice President, Senate President and Speaker.

Yeah right, I don't know what the future holds.  undecided
This may be a resounding NO to OBJ and his final demise as a PDP titan.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Chyz2: 4:52am On Jun 07, 2011
EzeUche!:

@bolded. . .Stop thinking like your SE politicians/leaders. This is politics.If there is no fairness for them is it your business to care? Let them deal with it enym. cool
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Obiagu1(m): 4:53am On Jun 07, 2011
@ alj Harem,

Is GEJ not from the East? Reread my post!  angry
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EzeUche1(m): 4:53am On Jun 07, 2011
These Northerners are very cunning. We may ridicule them, but their political elite understand Nigerian politics better than any other group. They are known to take power at all cost.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EzeUche1(m): 4:55am On Jun 07, 2011
Chyz*:

@bolded. . .Stop thinking like your SE politicians/leaders. This is politics.If there is no fairness for them is it your business to care? Let them deal with it enym. cool

I like equilibrium within the center. One group cannot have all the power.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by aljharem3: 4:56am On Jun 07, 2011
Obiagu1:

@ alj Harem,

Is GEJ not from the East? Reread my post!  angry

how is gej from the east
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Chyz2: 5:00am On Jun 07, 2011
EzeUche!:

I like equilibrium within the center. One group cannot have all the power.

My thing is, brother, this is politics, screw which ever region that does not favor yours. If they are flushed out of the N'assembly, that is their own business.Focus on your own. Treat as you are treated. You dont have to have a big heart every got-damn time.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EzeUche1(m): 5:04am On Jun 07, 2011
Chyz*:

My thing is, brother, this is politics, screw which ever region that does not favor yours. If they are flushed out of the N'assembly, that is their own business.Focus on your own. Treat as you are treated. You dont have to have a big heart every got-damn time.

This is not about having a big heart. This is keeping the balance of power. The North has an unequal amount of power. Their needs to be equilibrium. I am not happy about positions that the Ndigbo have either. I am not saying this out of love for the South-West, I am saying this, because I dislike the North having so much power.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by aljharem3: 5:07am On Jun 07, 2011
Chyz*:

EzeUche!:

This is not about having a big heart. This is keeping the balance of power. The North has an unequal amount of power. Their needs to be equilibrium. I am not happy about positions that the Ndigbo have either. I am not saying this out of love for the South-West, I am saying this, because I dislike the North having so much power.

why are u guys saying north as if we wanted this at the first place

better go met gej, obj and ibb and don't forget sultan
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by lagcity(m): 5:09am On Jun 07, 2011
EzeUche!:

chei!! shocked fairness? shocked  ok. siddon there when everyone is trying to grab what they can. fairness. that word no dey for Abuja dictionary. politics is a contact sport. go hard or go home. i hope u have brushed up on your hausa language skills. if not, sorry no contract for you ooo. anyway, u can still get the contract to supply exotic UniAbuja girls. you and i know that there's no tribalism when it comes to womanizing.

ps: hiring a Ijaw language tutor isn't such a bad investment for now.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Chyz2: 5:10am On Jun 07, 2011
lagcity:

chei!! shocked fairness? shocked  ok. siddon there when everyone is trying to grab what they can. fairness. that word no dey for Abuja dictionary. politics is a contact sport. go hard or go home. i hope u have brushed up on your hausa language skills. if not, sorry no contract for you ooo. anyway, u can still get the contract to supply exotic UniAbuja girls. you and i know that there's no tribalism when it comes to womanizing.

ps: hiring a Ijaw language tutor isn't such a bad investment for now.

Sometimes i dont get our brothers.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by lagcity(m): 5:12am On Jun 07, 2011
boo hoo. cry me a river. u don't get Nigeria? who's fault is that? cheesy smiley

Chyz*:

Sometimes i dont get our brothers.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Chyz2: 5:14am On Jun 07, 2011
EzeUche!:

We are good. GJ with provide the equilibrium with the ministerial appointment. He will definitely not leave the northern dominance unchecked. Also get ready to see a lot more SS(Ijaws really) people as ministers because notice how the SS does not hold any of those top positions. I'm not sure which region has chief whip and dep though.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Chyz2: 5:16am On Jun 07, 2011
lagcity:

boo hoo. cry me a river. u don't get Nigeria? who's fault is that? cheesy smiley

The yorubas. Yorubas make it so easy for some to pity. grin
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by lagcity(m): 5:18am On Jun 07, 2011
Chyz*:

We are good. GJ with provide the equilibrium with the ministerial appointment. He will definitely not leave the northern dominance unchecked. Also get ready to see a lot more SS(Ijaws really) people as ministers because notice how the SS does not hold any of those top positions. I'm not sure which region has chief whip and dep though.

does GEJ look like OBJ to you? u think GEJ get liver to tackle the North like OBJ did? sorry, mr GEJ is an appeaser. i can't believe u haven't figured this out.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by lagcity(m): 5:21am On Jun 07, 2011
Chyz*:

The yorubas. Yorubas make it so easy for some to pity. grin

abeg pity on. pity the Yorubas. when Yoruba grab meat from your stew, u will shine your eye.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Chyz2: 5:24am On Jun 07, 2011
lagcity:

does GEJ look like OBJ to you? u think GEJ get liver to tackle the North like OBJ did? sorry, mr GEJ is an appeaser. i can't believe u haven't figured this out.

At this point, he has no choice. That mistake of trying to help OBJ impose his Speaker really threw his game off track.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by juman(m): 5:34am On Jun 07, 2011
Congratulations to the new speaker Honourable Aminu Tambuwal and the new deputy speaker Honourable Emeka Ihedioha.

Also congratulations  to all opposition parties and the entire House of Rep members, this is great achievement.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Chyz2: 5:38am On Jun 07, 2011
Let me see those SW rascals talk the 'Wazovare' nonsense again. cool
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Rhino5dm: 6:29am On Jun 07, 2011
Watch out how GEJ will sack Anyim pius and quickly replace him with a SW'ner.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by juman(m): 6:44am On Jun 07, 2011
Nigeria is moving positively. This is good.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by juman(m): 7:22am On Jun 07, 2011
They mismanaged their party and the opposition is helping them to destroy it.

Very likely PDP would break.

This is new beginning and hopeful Nigeria.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by efisher(m): 7:30am On Jun 07, 2011
@ Juman, on the contrary, PDP just got stronger. I pity the opposition because with this, PDP will regain its lost foothold in the north.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Justcash(m): 7:32am On Jun 07, 2011
Chyz*:

Let me see those SW rascals talk the 'Wazovare' nonsense again. cool

Lol! It is Varezobia now
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Justcash(m): 7:35am On Jun 07, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Watch out how GEJ will sack Anyim pius and quickly replace him with a SW'ner.

Story. After the South East willingly accepted SGF? I am sure GEJ saw this coming, that was why he told the SE to just take the SGF Post, and sit down with our popcorns to watch the drama unfold.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by nedu666: 8:05am On Jun 07, 2011
@ ileke idi, eko ile, bk2 baby, seaneto2 u think just because others have forgotten, i have, NEVA, four weeks ago u were yabbing igbos about sgf, four weeks ago u were claiming the SW are politically sagasious, four weeks ago u were condemning igbos for asking for speakership zoned to the SW, fastforward four weeks u have lost all out and now claiming u dont need any post from the FGN, who is deceving who grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

To all of u arguing that ACN is all the SW needs, u are short on memory, long on foolishness, if u recollect the same was said of AD, at the end osoba and co were having a swell time, this time it will be no different if u think SW govs, their families, cronies will not amass wealth and power while their comrades in looting in other states are amassing wealth, u must be longer on foolishness than i thought, my bet is that most govs will in ACN might turn out to be worse than the PDP afterall who wants to serve as gov for 8 years and come out a billionaire when others are multi billionaires shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Obiagu1(m): 8:19am On Jun 07, 2011
Justcash:

Lol! It is Varezobia now

lol. This is the new configuration.
Varezobia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Lawmakers Criticize Non-Inclusion Of Their Members To Meet Buhari In London / Obanikoro, Family Sue EFCC For N100m / 2019: Senate Minority Leader Reveals Why Atiku Will Defeat Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.