Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,329 members, 7,826,304 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly (12161 Views)

List Of Lawmakers In The 7th Assembly Who Didn’t Sponsor A Single Bill / Why Aminu Tambuwal Is Fighting Bola Tinubu / IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by aljharem3: 12:37am On Jun 07, 2011
kasiem:

All this hypocritic rants from my Yoruba brothers are just ruse to save themselves the ignominy of being treated risibly. Okay, u guys are claiming that the umpteen years of pdp's leadership in your zone gain u nothing without telling us what Ad as a regional party got for u guy. We must be pragmatic with the manner we showcase intellect alfresco, cos nigeria's education sector is not as bad as making people to be dumb. How can be claiming that u want jettison mainstream politics and yet u want Fashola to be president in future? Is that one minorstream politics? For those of u claiming that leadership positions doesn't do any good to the zone of the leader, it's either u myopic or unrealistic. Anyim as a leader got many ebonyians employed, akunyili with her clout brought nafdac outlet to her village agulu, soludo as cbn governor employed many igbos in cbn, chidoka as chairman of frcn filled the whole place with igbos, ihejirika as coas has attracted a barrack to ohafia, gej as presido has successfully placated his kinsmen with full implementation of the amnesty programme, the northerners has the best government roads. If we must rebuff zoning and tribalism in nigerias politics, then, we have to go back unitary system of government that was propagated by ironsi, with a constitution that will deter one tribe from lording others. How can u come out "after enjoying your own part of the zoning cake", and say zoning is dead? At whose expense? Who is fooling who?

i hope u know it was igbos that stopped zoning

so 2015 is merit we want
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by ak47mann(m): 12:38am On Jun 07, 2011
kasiem:

All this hypocritic rants from my Yoruba brothers are just ruse to save themselves the ignominy of being treated risibly. Okay, u guys are claiming that the umpteen years of pdp's leadership in your zone gain u nothing without telling us what Ad as a regional party got for u guy. We must be pragmatic with the manner we showcase intellect alfresco, cos nigeria's education sector is not as bad as making people to be dumb. How can be claiming that u want jettison mainstream politics and yet u want Fashola to be president in future? Is that one minorstream politics? For those of u claiming that leadership positions doesn't do any good to the zone of the leader, it's either u myopic or unrealistic. Anyim as a leader got many ebonyians employed, akunyili with her clout brought nafdac outlet to her village agulu, soludo as cbn governor employed many igbos in cbn, chidoka as chairman of frcn filled the whole place with igbos, ihejirika as coas has attracted a barrack to ohafia, gej as presido has successfully placated his kinsmen with full implementation of the amnesty programme, the northerners has the best government roads. If we must rebuff zoning and tribalism in nigerias politics, then, we have to go back unitary system of government that was propagated by ironsi, with a constitution that will deter one tribe from lording others. How can u come out "after enjoying your own part of the zoning cake", and say zoning is dead? At whose expense? Who is fooling who?
gbam cool
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EzeUche1(m): 12:41am On Jun 07, 2011
kasiem:

Another great post, by someone who truly understands the situation.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by OAM4J: 12:52am On Jun 07, 2011
kasiem:

So you think zoning is still much alive after this House of rep election? if not who do you blame for killing it?
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by edoyad(m): 1:12am On Jun 07, 2011
This is a good reward for sokoto leave which voted overwhelmingly for PDP. NASS members from sokoto are PDP if i'm not mistaken.

Pls anyone who knows Tambuwal should tell him to plead with the sokoto state govt and governor Magatakarda to pay LG workers who didn't vote PDP. As much as i despise CPC and ANPP i don't think this type of witch hunting is fair. It is abuse of power
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by jmaine: 1:21am On Jun 07, 2011
With Politics especially in Nigeria . . There is more to it behind the scenes than most of you know
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by kasiem(m): 1:47am On Jun 07, 2011
Igbos never stopped any zoning, it was just that the bought into the idea of gej completing his joint ticket with yaradua, to eschew instability that may be attached to inviting an outsider to come and take over the job of the team(yaradua and gej) halfway. Secondly, it was seen as an opportunity of imbuing in our minority neighbours some sense pride as bonafide part of nigeria.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by lagcity(m): 2:34am On Jun 07, 2011
anybody who thinks Yoruba are losing sleep over this does not understand Yoruba. the SW is the only zone that has been in the top 4 for the past 12 years. tongue the SW didn't even gun for the post in the first place and SW was offered the post on a platter despite the fact that the region has the lowest number of PDP reps in the house! shocked some zones with more reps were not even considered shocked. This new arrangement is great because SW isn't going to feel greedy or guilty when the SW goes for no 1 or 2 in 2015. and i bet you SW will get it with ease. i have no doubt about this, it is a given. we are confident like that smiley cool grin

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by binhozie(m): 3:12am On Jun 07, 2011
Ibime:

Going by comments on this thread, I can see that the mind of the Nigerian youth is more polluted than their forebears. Who cares about "which zone won" when none of these motherphuckers ever did a thing to better the lives of their villages much less their zone. God forbid that I or any of my kin should line up behind any of the current set of political vultures in the guise of "supporting my zone". In the jungle called Nigeria, halfwits pop champagne at the chance for someone of the same ethnic stock to join the Federal lootocracy.

My broda e no tire you. Sometimes i'm ashamed of being a nigerian
The ones who are positively affected by these shamobolic elections, who are in some way affiliated to these elected thieves
wont even be on nairaland yakking this zone or that zone, they will be cruising the world on stolen loot

~Bluetooth:

Honestly the challenge is on the ACN governors who are representatives of the hope of the SW.If the whole of SW is developed,then what is my business if pdp turns the other part of Nigeria into a slum ? It is getting to a point where the region should comes first if the central government continues to act irresponsibly.

Omo no vex. Pls wait for your 'darling' ACN to start working first e hear?
I hate to think what will happen to your SW when everything begins to go wrong at once
Na tinubu o remember, na anywhere him belle face o. . .
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by jason123: 3:43am On Jun 07, 2011
kasiem:

This comment is soo funny. What is even funnier is the way some people are making it seem good undecided .

Okay, first of all, you agree that Igbos practice tribalism by employing their own at the expense of merit and to the detriment of other zones?? Why then do you complain about the Hausas and Yorubas when they do the same?? Is that not as hypocritical as Ndohigma or Andre Uche
Secondly, are you trying to say zoning is NOT dead? If so, you must thing Nigerians are very fo olish. So, after the whole South and MB supported GEJ (Ohaneze championing it), and Nwodo jettisoned it, you still, in your right senses think Zoning is alive
Thridly, you called ACN a regional party, since when did a SW regional party start winning 2 senatorial seats in the SE, and one in the NC (Kogi for that matter not even Kwara)??

Finally, your comment was made out of envy. Guy, so you all think you can jettison zoning when you will and bring it back when its your turn Zoning is dead and buried. May majority carry the day.

. . . . . and as for 2015, your best bet is for a Northerner to pick an Igbo man as VP, and not just any Northerner but an Hausa/Fulani from the NW because if you think southern unity holds on zoning, then you are not serious to even begin with. The reason why the South and MB are or were united is because of their collective dislike for the North and their progressive ideology. Zoning cannot unite the South and you know it.

To end it all, 2015 will be an interesting year.

This is all I will say here! I'm out!
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by lagcity(m): 3:50am On Jun 07, 2011
Chyz*:

chyz me sef dey laugh o. cheesy you, on the other hand, don't have anything to laugh abt ooo. grin grin wink i hope u know that right?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by aloyemeka1: 3:59am On Jun 07, 2011

Hon. Mulikat Akande-Adeola

WE NO GO GREE FOR THIS WAYO SELECTION. THE RIGHTFUL SPEAKER IS THE PRETTY LADY ABOVE.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by mkpologwu(m): 4:11am On Jun 07, 2011
The earlier we stopped all these tribal rants, the better for us as pple of one nation.
Btw I want to change my name to 'Nigeria', marry from all the naija tribes, but my only challenge is how to catch an itshekiri chic!
Anybody with an idea?
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Chyz2: 4:12am On Jun 07, 2011
jason123:

This comment is soo funny. What is even funnier is the way some people are making it seem good  undecided .

Okay, first of all, you agree that Igbos practice tribalism by employing their own at the expense of merit and to the detriment of other zones?? Why then do you complain about the Hausas and Yorubas when they do the same?? Is that not as hypocritical as Ndohigma or Andre Uche
Secondly, are you trying to say zoning is NOT dead? If so, you must thing Nigerians are very fo olish. So, after the whole South and MB supported GEJ (Ohaneze championing it), and Nwodo jettisoned it, you still, in your right senses think Zoning is alive
Thridly, you called ACN a regional party, since when did a SW regional party start winning 2 senatorial seats in the SE, and one in the NC (Kogi for that matter not even Kwara)??

Finally, your comment was made out of envy. Guy, so you all think you can jettison zoning when you will and bring it back when its your turn Zoning is dead and buried. May majority carry the day.

. . . . . and as for 2015, your best bet is for a Northerner to pick an Igbo man as VP, and not just any Northerner but an Hausa/Fulani from the NW because if you think southern unity holds on zoning, then you are not serious to even begin with. The reason why the South and MB are or were united is because of their collective dislike for the North and their progressive ideology. Zoning cannot unite the South and you know it.

To end it all, 2015 will be an interesting year.

This is all I will say here! I'm out!

Long story short, the SW lacked honor and GJ felled as a leader to promote fairness,which would have made his playing ground safe. The SW should have been selfless and allowed the SE take up the position of Speaker, not only because of their poor performance in the election,but also because with the emergence of a SS president, the position of Speakership was zone out of the SW. Instead, the SW tried to have their cake and eat it but this time it didn't work out for them. The used all types of blub against the Igbos such as: religion and regionalism. You speak of merit but merit would have been practiced if the SW had gave way to those who performed well. The Sen Pres would have been- NC(a balance region), Speakership- SE( a democratic region), and SGF( a grey region). This would have made this solid and workable for all regions and people.

Goodluck Jonathan instead of going with the folly of discrimination of the Igbos should have wielded his power in the direction of fairness,but, he didn't do that. Instead, he showed ungratefulness and tried to install Anyim as SGF quickly in order to kill the Igbos chances and validity of clamoring for the Speakership position. Stupidly the SE fell for it,but it is expected. GJ went through all of the trouble of trying to please OBJ, even after OBJ's people rejected him more than a couple times this year and did not want him. GJ insisted on helping OBJ install his man for Speakership. He should never mix friendship with politics which effects a whole country. This is what he failed to realize and he shot himself in the foot. One this is clear that no zoning formula was kept but Igbos were prevented from getting Speakership in the guise of keeping to the "currrent formula". They were simply rejected. If they were keeping to the old formula, which by the way expired due to the emergence of a SS president, then Ndigbo would not even be SGF because it was zoned to the NE. Why was this position given to Ndigbo if the zoning arrangement was not changed? Obviously positions were put in security and in favor of particular regions and the game of pacification was to played out.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EkoIle1: 4:21am On Jun 07, 2011
Chyz*:

Long story short, the SW lacked honor and GJ felled as a leader to promote fairness,which would have made his playing ground safe. The SW should have been selfless and allowed the SE take up the position of Speaker, not only because of their poor performance in the election,but also because with the emergence of a SS president, the position of Speakership was zone out of the SW. Instead, the SW tried to have their cake and eat it but this time it didn't work out for them. The used all types of blub against the Igbos such as: religion and regionalism. You speak of merit but merit would have been practiced if the SW had gave way to those who performed well. The Sen Pres would have been- NC(a balance region), Speakership- SE( a democratic region), and SGF( a grey region). This would have made this solid and workable for all regions and people.

Goodluck Jonathan instead of going with the folly of discrimination of the Igbos should have wielded his power in the direction of fairness,but, he didn't do that. Instead, he showed ungratefulness and tried to install Anyim as SGF quickly in order to kill the Igbos chances and validity of clamoring for the Speakership position. Stupidly the SE fell for it,but it is expected. GJ went through all of the trouble of trying to please OBJ, even after OBJ's people rejected him more than a couple times this year and did not want him. GJ insisted on helping OBJ install his man for Speakership. He should never mix friendship with politics which effects a whole country. This is what he failed to realize and he shot himself in the foot. One this is clear that no zoning formula was kept but Igbos were prevented from getting Speakership in the guise of keeping to the "currrent formula". They were simply rejected. If they were keeping to the old formula, which by the way expired due to the emergence of a SS president, then Ndigbo would not even be SGF because it was zoned to the NE. Why was this position given to Ndigbo if the zoning arrangement was not changed? Obviously positions were put in security and in favor of particular regions and the game of pacification was to played out.

Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Chyz2: 4:23am On Jun 07, 2011
^^^This is exactly what the SW is doing now, crying.Why, because they refused to have honor.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EzeUche1(m): 4:26am On Jun 07, 2011
The real winners is the North. The Ndigbo may have some leadership positions, but I am not happy though. I am not into who wins and who lose game, but the clear winner is obvious the North. The most backward region in Nigeria is very cunning when it comes to politics. Not only do they control the central government, they also control the military by virtue of their numbers within Nigeria's military.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 4:28am On Jun 07, 2011
Its funny.

Why is the SE crying for the SW?

Who was clamoring for the Speakership position at the beginning to the end? One would think with the magic numbers, Speakership would have been the award.

What honor did the SE have? After threatening GEJ for speakership, what exactly did you end up with? I guess it's okay to be happy to still be led by the North, who will eventually have the ultimate power to slide in come 2015. Zoning is dead, let someone come and bring that zoning ish come 2015 grin

What would a PDP speakership from the SW done for the SW in particular?
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EkoIle1: 4:29am On Jun 07, 2011
Chyz*:

^^^This is exactly what the SW is doing now, crying.Why, because they refused to have honor.

Ode, SE losers and PDP's BS speaker nonsense is non of our freeking business, the only crying babies I see are ibo people. Just look at you paining and writing essays all over the place.

ndo, at least y'all have your SGF disposable paper pusher, lmao
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Chyz2: 4:31am On Jun 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Its funny.

Why is the SE crying for the SW?

Who was clamoring for the Speakership position at the beginning to the end? One would think with the magic numbers, Speakership would have been the award.

What would a PDP speakership from the SW done for the SW in particular?

Obviously nothing.That's why y'all aint got the position.

[flash=200,200]http://www.petdogblog.com/images/laughing-dog.jpg[/flash]
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 4:33am On Jun 07, 2011
Chyz*:

Obviously nothing.

Good exactly. So why are you guys still lamenting over it? grin

So what will be deputy do for the SE? What will SGF do for the SE? Esp when the powerful positions belong to the North?
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 4:34am On Jun 07, 2011
Point is, the SE are the biggest loser. They're being slapped with the lowest of all positions to calm them down. This is also a testament that zoning is dead. There will be no Igbo president come 2015 because of any zoning ish. It better be free and fair.

grin
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EzeUche1(m): 4:34am On Jun 07, 2011
Instead of some SW NL members getting upset with the Ndigbo, maybe you all should ask how voting for ACN will benefit your region. I would understand if Nigeria practiced a true federal system, but all power resides within the center. And right now, the North controls the center, with a few powerful Igbos who are also found there as well. Anyone who says such positions does not matter, really does not understand how Nigeria works. Those who control the center can sponsor special projects for their own regions.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by aljharem3: 4:36am On Jun 07, 2011
Chyz*:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

dude the SW made it clear they do not want the speakership position from day 1

chyz story story
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 4:37am On Jun 07, 2011
EzeUche!:

Instead of some SW NL members getting upset with the Ndigbo, maybe you all should ask how voting for ACN will benefit your region. I would understand if Nigeria practiced a true federal system, but all power resides within the center. And right now, the North controls the center, with a few powerful Igbos who are also found there as well. Anyone who says such positions does not matter, really does not understand how Nigeria works. Those who control the center can sponsor special projects for their own regions.

Ndigbos are the ones posting crap about the SW losing the position. What position exactly? One they did not want to begin with?

Why would the SW and ACN want a speaker who is being fed by OBJ and his minions?

The sad thing is, politics is very dirty. The way I'm seeing it, the North has a lot of trick in their sleeves.

VP, Speaker etc. They're simply getting ready for 2015.

I'm just happy the speaker is not from the SE grin They can have the SGF abi na GFS or deputy cheesy
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Chyz2: 4:38am On Jun 07, 2011
alj_harem:

chyz story story

Sorry boy-boy.  I know it hurts, but obviously they did make it clear they wanted it until the SE pitched camp with the north,lol. grin cheesy
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 4:40am On Jun 07, 2011
alj_harem:

chyz story story

If the SW wanted the Speaker, they would have gotten it.

Currently, the SW is divided by Tinubu, OBJ and Bode George. Waiting for the day OBJ will drop dead sha.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EkoIle1: 4:42am On Jun 07, 2011
2011: Igbo leaders reaffirm support for Jonathan

By Tony Edike
ENUGU—IGBO political leaders in the five South Eastern states rose from a meeting in Enugu yesterday with a resolve to work tenaciously for the realization of President Goodluck Jonathan’s presidential ambition in the 2011.
[b]
At the town hall meeting held at Nike Lake Resort Hotel, Enugu, under the chairmanship of former Chief Judge of Enugu State, Justice Eze Ozobu (rtd),  Igbo leaders also  reiterated their commitment to the principle of zoning, saying it was the only recipe to end power struggle in the country.

Present at the meeting that lasted for over three hours were Chief Mbazulike Amechi, Chief Ojo Maduekwe, Prof Anya O. Anya, Senator Ebenezer Ikeyina, Chief Nnia Nwodo, Chief Onyema Ugochukwu, Chief Tony Ukasanya, Chief Anayo Onwuegbu, Chief Mrs. Sally Egbogu, Chief Frank Oramulu, Senator Emma Anosike, Chief Ugochukwu Agballa, Dr. Joe Nwaorgu, Prof. Donatus Onu, Prof Sam Ukpabi, Chief Chika Odom and Dr. Perry Iloegbunam among others.

In a 10-point communiqué issued at the end of the meeting and signed by Senator Ikeyina and Chief Ojo Maduekwe, the participants further endorsed the process of consultation by the apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, on the unfolding contest for power in the 2011 general elections.

In declaring their unflinching support for President Jonathan’s presidential bid, they however demanded that power should rotate to the South East in 2015 on the basis of the existing geopolitical zones and not on the pre-1914 North South divide.[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/2011-igbo-leaders-reaffirm-support-for-jonathan/

lmao

I can't stop laughing.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by EzeUche1(m): 4:43am On Jun 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Ndigbos are the ones posting crap about the SW losing the position. What position exactly? One they did not want to begin with?

Why would the SW and ACN want a speaker who is being fed by OBJ and his minions?

The sad thing is, politics is very dirty. The way I'm seeing it, the North has a lot of trick in their sleeves.

VP, Speaker etc. They're simply getting ready for 2015.

I'm just happy the speaker is not from the SE grin They can have the SGF abi na GFS or deputy  cheesy

Some of my brother may be happy, but I see this as a loss for the entire South. The North now controls the government, and Goodluck will just be a mere figurehead. He had a chance in preventing this, but he chose to listen to Obasanjo who is not only hated throughout Nigeria, but even in his own region. Instead of aiming at the Ndigbo, maybe you should look at your leaders and the North. Like it or not, the Igbos and the Yorubas are in the same predicament. You all may feel that ACN is your savior, but now you all have no say within the center. That is something morally wrong about that.
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Obiagu1(m): 4:44am On Jun 07, 2011
Wow, this is getting interest!

President = SE/SS
VP  = North
Senate President = North
Speaker = North
Deputy Senate President = SE/SS
Deputy Speaker = SE/SS
SGF = SE/SS
Chief of Staff = SE/SS

SW

Does this not resemble the 1st republic when both the North and the East dominated the government, but this time roles are reversed?
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by aljharem3: 4:45am On Jun 07, 2011
Chyz*:

Sorry boy-boy.  I know it hurts, but obviously they did make it clear they wanted it until the SE pitched camp with the north,lol. grin cheesy
grin grin grin grin

naaa even the north does not want it

really people are not bothered about this position

the current speaker can go to blazes for all i care, i mean at the end of the day he will not even feed the millions of our brothers on the street

NW is still in the shackles of PDP thanks to the sultan angry rubbish

the emir, sultan, shehu, obj, bankole, bode, ibori,, igeadion, tinubu, mark, sarakis, chime are all one and the same

all rubbish
Re: Tambuwal Is The New Speaker For The 7th Assembly by Nobody: 4:46am On Jun 07, 2011
EzeUche!:

Some of my brother may be happy, but I see this as a loss for the entire South. The North now controls the government, and Goodluck will just be a mere figurehead. He had a chance in preventing this, but he chose to listen to Obasanjo who is not only hated throughout Nigeria, but even in his own region. Instead of aiming at the Ndigbo, maybe you should look at your leaders and the North. Like it or not, the Igbos and the Yorubas are in the same predicament. You all may feel that ACN is your savior, but now you all have no say within the center. That is something morally wrong about that.

Slap yourself and stop playing the victim, lil boy.

From the onward, the SE seems to care about the SW and the speaker than the SW itself. Why should we aim at the North? Were we threatening them for any position?

Of course the North is now in control, as usual. While the others just embezzle money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sheriff's Chairmanship In PDP Is A Mistake - Fayose / Umahi Attends National Security Meeting To Resolve The Quit Notice To Igbos / Maduka And The Unfinished Business With Agu Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.