Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency (3009 Views)

The Hatred I Have For Igbos Make Me Realize This / Orji Kalu To Igbos: Make Amends With Buhari So He Can Do More For South East / Igbos Make Sure APC Do Not Get More Than 100votes- Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by Difrent: 5:52am On Nov 10, 2021
Millimann:
Permit me also to be wharrever you wanna call it:

I'm sure the schools selected their best students in order to win the competition and you just told us who the best students are,

But when it comes to politics they remember that they're not good enough. I'm sure that's the message the caller was trying to pass across.

When some people say that others are not good enough to hold some positions you won't remember that is tribalism. But you have rushed here to tell us that those callers are tribalistic.

Eh yah....your frustration should be directed to PDP you slaved for for 16 years and when its time for presidential election they tell you no ibo man is worth giving their presidential ticket.....YET ibos chose to be following them like a fly follows poo then they turn around to blackmail a party they hate to give them presidential ticket which will be a waste because even if Apc give an iboman the ticket....ibos will still vote pdp and any fulani ma they present.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by SonofLothbrok: 7:01am On Nov 10, 2021
zero8zero:
While I was driving home from work this evening, I tuned my radio into a popular Lagos station. There was a debate open only to Senior Secondary School students and a group of two participants battle it out between each other. Apparently, Igbo students make up the majority of the debators so far, i think all were igbos except for a Yoruba guy had already debated. More rounds to go in coming days and more students yet to take their turns. However i got my greatest shock when a caller called in during the break to contribute into the show.
The man said and i quote" Sandra( name of the presenter & organizer), my name is Mr.xyz, you are doing a good job, the show is wonderful. please permit me to be tribalistic for once. I listened yesterday and today and i noticed that all of them are igbos, make dem give Igbo the presidency na". He then concluded his words in Igbo which apparently the presenter also understand.
i couldn't hold back my disbelief. my colleague sitting right beside me was also shocked. Then we asked each other if it was appropriate for an adult to say such a thing on a radio show where kids are participating. what do you think will be going through the minds of those kids, I'm quite sure other participants will also be listening to the show. These are kids!, we should not colour their minds with tribalism this early at their age.

My Observation On Radio So Far; I have observed that tribalism exist out there as much as it exists on Nairaland. During a very heated argument, Igbo callers, who are many by the way, would bash the northerners, the few northerners who managed to call in would also return the bashing. The yorubas only take sides, some support the igbos, others support the view of the northerners. The presenter of the program sometimes had to end the program, take a long commercial break or change the topic entirely.
Things are happening, behind the smiles and handshake we put up with each other, radio affords people the annonymity to express one's rage and tribal innuendos against each other. Most times, the Presenter would have to cut off the caller.

continuing

There are things many of you do not understand. I was in primary six when Olusegun Obasanjo became the first democratic president of Nigeria. During that period i realised there was an agreement between the major tribes. And this agreement had to do with rotation of the presidency. Which everyone agreed upon.

When major tribes do not keep to agreement, words stop
meaning anything.

Those of you who thinks 2023 is not an igbo presidency should think again.
Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by Afamsi: 7:12am On Nov 10, 2021
FisifunKododada:
Let them continue their tribalism while living in the heart of Yorubaland. One day their cup will full and run over. The worst thing you can ever do is to live in the house of someone you hate. Eventually, a time of choosing will arrive and you either abandon your hatred or you deport yourself back to AfghanEastern.
Guy calm down, Lagos is not a Yoruba land
Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by shigishege: 7:43am On Nov 10, 2021
SlayerForever:
No need bothering about the kids. They know who they are.
yes nothing is wrong in it to you because that's your usual way of planting hatred in the minds of your kids.
Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by iyapont: 8:00am On Nov 10, 2021
Afamsi:
Guy calm down, Lagos is not a Yoruba land
yes ooo na ibo land ooooo, our lagos governor, Chukwudi eze is doing so great, when Biafra comes we go join am with our 5 Eastern state grin

3 Likes

Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by orisa37: 8:10am On Nov 10, 2021
We are TRAINING OBIANO AND SOLUDO FOR 2027. THEY ARE GOOD STUDENTS.
Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by SlayerForever: 8:42am On Nov 10, 2021
shigishege:
yes nothing is wrong in it to you because that's your usual way of planting hatred in the minds of your kids.

The mentality of the Yoruba man can never change again till Jesus returns.
Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by Commentor: 9:08am On Nov 10, 2021
SonofLothbrok:

There are things many of you do not understand. I was in primary six when Olusegun Obasanjo became the first democratic president of Nigeria. During that period i realised there was an agreement between the major tribes. And this agreement had to do with rotation of the presidency. Which everyone agreed upon.

When major tribes do not keep to agreement, words stop
meaning anything.

Those of you who thinks 2023 is not an igbo presidency should think again.

Primary 6.

No wonder.

There was no agreement across the various parties, just PDP, which ironically, has refused to abide by their very own agreement.
Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by SonofLothbrok: 11:34am On Nov 10, 2021
Commentor:

Primary 6.

No wonder.

There was no agreement across the various parties, just PDP, which ironically, has refused to abide by their very own agreement.

Stop trying to play smart. If you don't know anything about the history of your elections and the agreement that was made. You can equally ask an elder.

1999 elections the various parties presented a Yoruba candidates.

2003 election the president was to step down but he decided to contest against a fulani candidate. Which they said it was his right according to the constitution. This particular move brought about 8 years rule from the major tribes.

2007 elections the various parties presented Fulani candidates

The only time there was a change of candidates was the time the president died and the Vice President had to take over. Which presented him an opportunity to contest against an Fulani candidate in the 2011 general election because of the same given right according to the constitution. Which he won and We all knew these brought a lot of controversial arguments.

2015 general election the same Vice President-now-President contested again against a Fulani Candidate. Which was to mark his 8 years Tenure but the Yoruba tribe and Fulani was not happy because according to them they felt they have never benefited anything in his tenure. So they made sure his presidency never see the light of the day. Which he lost

2019 General Election the parties presented a Fulani candidates Claiming the North have not completed their 8 years rule.

Discussions about 2023 elections is going on. This time the presidency belongs to the Igbo's but the other major tribes wants to bring back the former Vice President who became an elected president in 2011 to contest and make a Yoruba or Fulani man his Vice and on the line either impeach him or kill him. In order to take over the presidency again.
Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by Commentor: 11:47am On Nov 10, 2021
[s]
SonofLothbrok:

Stop trying to play smart. If you don't know anything about the history of your elections and the agreement that was made. You can equally ask an elder.

1999 elections the various parties presented a Yoruba candidates.

2003 election the president was to step down but he decided to contest against a fulani candidate. Which they said it was his right according to the constitution. This particular move brought about 8 years rule from the major tribes.

2007 elections the various parties presented Fulani candidates

The only time there was a change of candidates was the time the president died and the Vice President had to take over. Which presented him an opportunity to contest against an Fulani candidate in the 2011 general election because of the same given right according to the constitution. Which he won and We all knew these brought a lot of controversial arguments.

2015 general election the same Vice President-now-President contested again against a Fulani Candidate. Which was to mark his 8 years Tenure but the Yoruba tribe and Fulani was not happy because according to them they felt they have never benefited anything in his tenure. So they made sure his presidency never see the light of the day. Which he lost

2019 General Election the parties presented a Fulani candidates Claiming the North have not completed their 8 years rule.

Discussions about 2023 elections is going on. This time the presidency belongs to the Igbo's but the other major tribes wants to bring back the former Vice President who became an elected president in 2011 to contest and make a Yoruba or Fulani man his Vice and on the line either impeach him or kill him. In order to take over the presidency again.
[/s]

You are truly a kid.

Please can you state where in the constitution this was written?

I won't hold my breathe on that because you cannot.

Even within the party that claimed they would abide by a rotational policy, they have continued and would continue to renege on such an accord.

Note, in 2003, VP Atiku attempted to contest but was shut down quickly when his file on corruption was opened by his own President.

Even in PDP today, not a single Igbo man has placed his hat in the ring with the view to contesting for the position of president.

I guess they are waiting for APC to dash them.

CLOWNS.

grin

1 Like

Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by SonofLothbrok: 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
Commentor:
[s][/s]

You are truly a kid.

Please can you state where in the constitution this was written?

I won't hold my breathe on that because you cannot.

Even within the party that claimed they would abide by a rotational policy, they have continued and would continue to renege on such an accord.

Note, in 2003, VP Atiku attempted to contest but was shut down quickly when his file on corruption was opened by his own President.

Even in PDP today, not a single Igbo man has placed his hat in the ring with the view to contesting for the position of president.

I guess they are waiting for APC to dash them.

CLOWNS.

grin

You are truly a dumb person. You know nothing about your constitution but you came online to argue blindly.

Read 1999 Constitution, Section 137:
A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if he has been elected to such office at any two previous elections.

Are you saying APC is dashing Presidency. You are openly admitting elections in Nigeria are rigged in favour of their candidates.

"No igbo man have openly thrown his hat to contest for Presidency in PDP" It is either you're being mischievous or you are a liar like lia Muhammad. Peter Obi and many others have done that. but PDP for reasons best known to them wants to give it to a Northern candidate.
Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by Commentor: 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
SonofLothbrok:

You are truly a dumb person. You know nothing about your constitution but you came online to argue blindly.

Read 1999 Constitution, Section 137:
A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if he has been elected to such office at any two previous elections.

Are you saying APC is dashing Presidency. You are openly admitting elections in Nigeria are rigged in favour of their candidates.

"No igbo man have openly thrown his hat to contest for Presidency in PDP" It is either you're being mischievous or you are a liar like lia Muhammad. Peter Obi and many others have done that. but PDP for reasons best known to them wants to give it to a Northern candidate.

Sharap dumbo.

Peter Obi wants to be president, yet when they had a convention recently, he made no attempt.

Don't worry, someone would dash him president one day.

Mumu.
Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by SonofLothbrok: 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
Commentor:

Sharap dumbo.

Peter Obi wants to be president, yet when they had a convention recently, he made no attempt.

Don't worry, someone would dash him president one day.

Mumu.

Poor kid. grin
Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by fregeneh(m): 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2021
shigishege:

That's how hatred was planted in them by their own parent right from infancy.

3 Likes

Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by shigishege: 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
SlayerForever:

The mentality of the Yoruba man can never change again till Jesus returns.
and the hatred filled in the inner heart of an Igbo man can never finish till Jesus comes

1 Like

Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by aribisala0(m): 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2021

1 Like

Re: They Are All Igbos, Make Dem Give Igbo Man The Presidency by Mraphel: 8:40pm On Nov 15, 2021
zero8zero:

I don't get it, what is Yoruba- Igbo?
Igbo raised in Yorubaland not the villages Igbo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila: We're Working To Settle Nigeria, UAE Flight Row / 2023 Presidential Election: Opinion Poll In Atiku's State, Adamawa / LAWMA Officials Should Be Appreciated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.