Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough (1019 Views)

Unless My Gf Squeeze My Balls And Cork , I Don't Get Aroused / I Don't Get Into The Mood For Sex Unless My Girlfriend Pollutes The Air / Sad Truth: I Won't Be Able To Change My Ways Unless My Mum Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by AlexBells(m): 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2021
It is not even a matter of whether we have the money or not, I don't quite see the need for white wedding for Africans, I'm Igbo and traditional marriage is enough.

Although love can be an amazing thing, so if my wife to be insists on having a white wedding I will give in but she would have to see to it on her own budget and also rent a 5 star hotel for my groomsmen and make us our outfits and food must be available: very important.

There is however an exception, I would approve a private wedding in a remote Island, just myself, her and our vows we can get any strange face from the Island to officiate the wedding for a token.

3 Likes

Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by Bola146(f): 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2021
grin one man's food is another man's poison, that is what you like. It's good if your wife can abide with the idea
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 09, 2021
Good riddance.op collect jare grin

Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by AlexBells(m): 8:58pm On Nov 09, 2021
Bola146:
grin one man's food is another man's poison, that is what you like. It's good if your wife can abide with the idea
No one said she MUST abide with the ideas oo, if she can't I can as well abide by her own so far as there is love and respect and she is paying for the wedding and food must be available lol
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by Noble1010: 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2021
grin

2 Likes

Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by eddynaira125: 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2021
Guy na poverty talk be this, better dey sweet, u dey plan white wedding for your wife pocket and u want her to rent 5 star for you and your SIMPle friends, no be juju dey worry you
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by AlexBells(m): 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2021
Noble1010:
grin
The Best part is that traditional marriage has packages for all hands, you can just do introduction and run away with your wife like it is not someone's daughter
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by AlexBells(m): 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
eddynaira125:
Guy na poverty talk be this, better dey sweet, u dey plan white wedding for your wife pocket and u want her to rent 5 star for you and your SIMPle friends, no be juju dey worry you
If you think it poverty if my wife can afford to pay for a wedding and rent 5 star hotel do you think we are still poor lol, principle is principle whether we are rich or poor she want the white wedding she pay for it, if I like let me be Dangote, that her money ba, me and my guys go chop clean mouth
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by Sonnobax15(m): 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
cheesy
Na this kind of post dey sweet me for belle jare cheesy
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by Bola146(f): 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
AlexBells:

No one said she MUST abide with the ideas oo, if she can't I can as well abide by her own so far as there is love and respect and she is paying for the wedding and food must be available lol

Lobatan grin grin
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by AlexBells(m): 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
Na this kind of post dey sweet me for belle jare cheesy
The drama will go like this...
She: Honey what about the white wedding
Me: Which Wedding
She: The white wedding na
Me: Honey I think I married you in your fathers house unless this time you have to marry me in the church I no do again.
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by eddynaira125: 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2021
AlexBells:

If you think it poverty if my wife can afford to pay for a wedding and rent 5 star hotel do you think we are still poor lol, principle is principle whether we are rich or poor she want the white wedding she pay for it, if I like let me be Dangote, that her money ba, me and my guys go chop clean mouth
guy when clean mouth no b poverty guy? U don see dangote dey chop clean mouth?
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by Sonnobax15(m): 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
AlexBells:

The drama will go like this...
She: Honey what about the white wedding
Me: Which Wedding
She: The white wedding na
Me: Honey I think I married you in your fathers house unless this time you have to marry me in the church I no do again.
grin grin

Na so cha.....
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by AlexBells(m): 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
eddynaira125:
Romance and love is beyond poverty, na romance section be this oo no be employment section lol, so that time when your woman go leave her TShirt wear yours she no get clothe abi
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by Jeon(m): 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2021
AlexBells:
It is not even a matter of whether we have the money or not, I don't quite see the need for white wedding for Africans, I'm Igbo and traditional marriage is enough.

Although love can be an amazing thing, so if my wife to be insists on having a white wedding I will give in but she would have to see to it on her own budget and also rent a 5 star hotel for my groomsmen and make us our outfits and food must be available: very important.

There is however an exception, I would approve a private wedding in a remote Island, just myself, her and our vows we can get any strange face from the Island to officiate the wedding for a token.

Ur choice!!

Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by AlexBells(m): 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2021
eddynaira125:
Dangote Sef go chop lick plate and the Oga kpatakpata of them all is Baba Buhari, you need to see him kneeling down begging Aisha in the other room for saying she belong to the kitchen otherwise
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by eddynaira125: 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
AlexBells:

Dangote Sef go chop lick plate and the Oga kpatakpata of them all is Baba Buhari, you need to see him kneeling down begging Aisha in the other room for saying she belong to the kitchen otherwise
That means buhari na simp or gigolo
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by Vision4God: 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
OK Sir. We have heard & it's noted. We will also be waiting for your "to be" 's opinion on this.
Afterwards, we would set up a committee if need be cheesy grin
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by AlexBells(m): 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2021
eddynaira125:
That means buhari na simp or gigolo
Buhari is Alpha oo, being simp is misunderstood, being sweet, playful, respectful and mutually submissive in proper ways doesn't make you simp, it only takes a alpha statesman to keep a woman as beautiful and younger as Aisha and still confident and secure.
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by ceede2: 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2021
AlexBells:

it no go better for poverty, if you get what it takes to do a proper wedding, after the white you go beg for black wedding join.
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by AlexBells(m): 9:35pm On Nov 09, 2021
ceede2:
it no go better for poverty, if you get what it takes to do a proper wedding, after the white you go beg for black wedding join.
Oga it not about poverty, there are other ways to spend money apart from a white wedding, for heaven sake if I marry my wife in the family what's with my marrying her in the church?, isn't it better to even go for a vacation/honeymoon somewhere worth it,

I would respect my wife so I won't remotely conclude that there shall be no white wedding but she must see to it and she should better make all the arrangements cause I don't see myself promoting something I don't believe in
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by Bolarineliza202: 9:42pm On Nov 09, 2021
I wonder why Nigerian people's mentality is based on(if you don't do white wedding you've not gotten married).
As a matter of fact you are just wasting money to buy the wedding gown and suit,the money you can use to do something meaningful after marriage.

engagement is the real wedding,white wedding is just for another thing entirely,a borrowed culture from the white people for that matter
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by AlexBells(m): 9:47pm On Nov 09, 2021
Bolarineliza202:
I wonder why Nigerian people's mentality is based on(if you don't do white wedding you've not gotten married).
As a matter of fact you are just wasting money to buy the wedding gown and suit,the money you can use to do something meaningful after marriage.

engagement is the real wedding,white wedding is just for another thing entirely,a borrowed culture from the white people for that matter
Another matter done dey pop you say wetin, you mean engagement, like the one a guy put an engagement ring in your finger, I don't know about engagement ooo, if I no bring my parent with a keg of palm wine and Colanut in your house, if you like let me buy diamond crested ring for you, you are on your own when shit hits the fan it is just a gift lol.
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by ceede2: 9:55pm On Nov 09, 2021
AlexBells:

Oga it not about poverty, there are other ways to spend money apart from a white wedding, for heaven sake if I marry my wife in the family what's with my marrying her in the church?, isn't it better to even go for a vacation/honeymoon somewhere worth it,

I would respect my wife so I won't remotely conclude that there shall be no white wedding but she must see to it and she should better make all the arrangements cause I don't see myself promoting something I don't believe in
wedding come once in a lifetime,
It's what it is.
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by AlexBells(m): 9:59pm On Nov 09, 2021
ceede2:
wedding come once in a lifetime,
It's what it is.
And honeymoon come every other day lol, so if wedding come only once, then traditional wedding should be enough
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by ceede2: 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2021
AlexBells:

And honeymoon come every other day lol, so if wedding come only once, then traditional wedding should be enough
if you say so
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by Bolarineliza202: 10:09pm On Nov 09, 2021
AlexBells:

Another matter done dey pop you say wetin, you mean engagement, like the one a guy put an engagement ring in your finger, I don't know about engagement ooo, if I no bring my parent with a keg of palm wine and Colanut in your house, if you like let me buy diamond crested ring for you, you are on your own when shit hits the fan it is just a gift lol.
Wahala be like bicycle wey no get brake.
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by AlexBells(m): 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
Bolarineliza202:

Wahala be like bicycle wey no get brake.
But is true na, engagement is just another issue we are talking about, if engagement is so significant then the day we started dating and even proposal should be important, like in most part of Igboland it is the day that your father give you wine and tell you to show them your husband that's the day it makes sense to me otherwise every other thing is just a jamboree, not like I can't be committed to my girlfriend though
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by Bolarineliza202: 10:24pm On Nov 09, 2021
AlexBells:

But is true na, engagement is just another issue we are talking about, if engagement is so significant then the day we started dating and even proposal should be important, like in most part of Igboland it is the day that your father give you wine and tell you to show them your husband that's the day it makes sense to me otherwise every other thing is just a jamboree, not like I can't be committed to my girlfriend though
Engagement is like traditional wedding as well,civilization made us to start doing engament and white wedding.
It was normally introduction and engagement(traditional marriage where you bring the goat and whatever gift)before,so I hope I have cleared your confusion now.
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by AlexBells(m): 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2021
Bolarineliza202:

Engagement is like traditional wedding as well,civilization made us to start doing engament and white wedding.
It was normally introduction and engagement(traditional marriage where you bring the goat and whatever gift)before,so I hope I have cleared your confusion now.
In Igbo we call it "Ikuaka" like nocking in the door, it is just that juxtaposing two cultures isn't quite workable but anyway, Ikuaka is just a mini license to do the things you had both been doing with more confidence, if you get pregnant at that point they won't blame you much sha but then go swear for you small cause na Ummunna (Kindred) budget you dey reduce so na then you go no say no be you born yourself.

Like what my mother told me in their days a maiden would go and spend sometimes in the would be husband's house and you dare not sleep in the same room with your husband but in your mother inlaw room, in the morning na you go still wake first go sweep compound but a lot had changed sha
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by Bolarineliza202: 10:41pm On Nov 09, 2021
AlexBells:

In Igbo we call it "Ikuaka" like nocking in the door, it is just that juxtaposing two cultures isn't quite workable but anyway, Ikuaka is just a mini license to do the things you had both been doing with more confidence, if you get pregnant at that point they won't blame you much sha but then go swear for you small cause na Ummunna (Kindred) budget you dey reduce so na then you go no say no be you born yourself.

Like what my mother told me in their days a maiden would go and spend sometimes in the would be husband's house and you dare not sleep in the same room with your husband but in your mother inlaw room, in the morning na you go still wake first go sweep compound but a lot had changed sha
That's lovely and interesting ,if only our rules could go back to that of those days.
To me white wedding is like adding another problem to one's life,I don't really like it,but anyways like a quoter said the other time.
Bola146:
grin"one man's food is another man's poison", that is what you like. It's good if your wife can abide with the idea
Re: Unless My Wife To Be Is Paying For White Wedding, Traditional Mariage Is Enough by Boogyman557: 10:53pm On Nov 09, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool REAL MATTERS. WTF MAN

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalanders Is There Something Fishy??? Your Opinion / A Reality Check To All Nairaland "Alphas" And "Redpillers" / Update About My Breakup, what should i do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.