Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,486 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship (1755 Views)

Religious Differences In Marriage / Help - My Relationship Is Threatened By Religious Differences / How Torn Chicken Noodle Spice Nearly Ended My Relationship - Lady Shares Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
I've been dating my girlfriend right from our 100 level days in the university, we've had our problems especially at the early stages due to her inexperience as regards to relationships because I was her first. Initially we agreed on a no sex relationship because she was a virgin but we later had sex, in fact she demanded for the sex.

We've been through challenges together and stuck to each other, honestly initially I wanted to smash and run but somehow she got me hooked for four years now.

While she's the church loving type and a fellowship leader and choir member, I on the other hand is indifferent when it comes to religion, I've not stepped foot in a church for over 3 years and I don't see myself doing that anytime soon.

This has been a serious issue in our relationship, she has tried to force church going on me but I've explained to her that my going to church would be a waste of time because I would be going just to please her and I can't be living my life to please anyone at my age. Even my parents has given up on me in that aspect.

She returned from a church program and informed me of her decision to quit the relationship because she doesn't want to continue have sex out of wedlock and she can't date a pagan.

I can understand the sex part but I can't get my head around her willingness to throw a four year relationship over a matter as frivolous as religion. I don't know what Nigerians have gotten from religion for them to attach so much importance to it in this manner.

All my attempts at talking sense into her ended in futility, she was adamant that she can't continue the relationship unless I start going to church. I got pissed off and gave her an ultimatum on when to come pick up her stuff from my place or I will burn them. I blocked her on Facebook immediately, she sent a message on WhatsApp and I blocked her too and deleted her numbers. She's been very submissive and humble all through our time together, I wonder where she's getting this liver from.

Hope I took the right decision??
Your comments and reactions are welcome, sorry for the typos and the long epistle.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by lilvicky68(m): 8:01pm On Nov 10, 2021

I think you know what is good for you..

You can't expect us to answer that..

5 Likes

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by slawormiir: 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2021
Damnnn niggar

The Son of a real niggarrr is a real niggar

Welldone op....you must be a real niggar

Some females and their religious mentality

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Jeon(f): 8:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
Onahi95:
I've been dating my girlfriend right from our 100 level days in the university, we've had our problems especially at the early stages due to her inexperience as regards to relationships because I was her first. Initially we agreed on a no sex relationship because she was a virgin but we later had sex, in fact she demanded for the sex.

We've been through challenges together and stuck to each other, honestly initially I wanted to smash and run but somehow she got me hooked for four years now.

While she's the church loving type and a fellowship leader and choir member, I on the other hand is indifferent when it comes to religion, I've not stepped foot in a church for over 3 years and I don't see myself doing that anytime soon.

This has been a serious issue in our relationship, she has tried to force church going on me but I've explained to her that my going to church would be a waste of time because I would be going just to please her and I can't be living my life to please anyone at my age. Even my parents has given up on me in that aspect.

She returned from a church program and informed me of her decision to quit the relationship because she doesn't want to continue have sex out of wedlock and she can't date a pagan.

I can understand the sex part but I can't get my head around her willingness to throw a four year relationship over a matter as frivolous as religion. I don't know what Nigerians have gotten from religion for them to attach so much importance to it in this manner.

All my attempts at talking sense into her ended in futility, she was adamant that she can't continue the relationship unless I start going to church. I got pissed off and gave her an ultimatum on when to come pick up her stuff from my place or I will burn them. I blocked her on Facebook immediately, she sent a message on WhatsApp and I blocked her too and deleted her numbers. She's been very submissive and humble all through our time together, I wonder where she's getting this liver from.

Your comments and reactions are welcome, sorry for the typos and the long epistle.

I love ur courageous
You try no be small.

Trash

3 Likes

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Ayo081(m): 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2021

Initially we agreed on a no sex relationship because she was a virgin but we later had sex, in fact she demanded for the sex.

I hope she's now a new person in Christ and she won't even care letting you go?

I also wonder where she got the liver from.

Who ever gave her the liver did a good job undecided

6 Likes

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Kanixt(m): 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Thank God, now she's not the guilty partner.
Time will heal the both of you. Wish you best of luck.

But I love that girl she's wife material

4 Likes

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
You are the one that needed to be talked sense into,what was she doing with an atheist like,even went as far as having sex with you.It's your loss and I advise you see a shrink.

5 Likes

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
Na marriage level she won put you that is why he won introduce you to her pastor.Them won fix marriage date for 2 of una.4 years fuking no be joke

4 Likes

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by femarse: 8:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
She has a right to be a religious person, likewise you also have a right not to be a religious person

She has a right to demand for a religious person as partner whether you fit that description or not does not invalidate her right to that demand...you also have a right to walk out if you can't supply that demand

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by ceede2: 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
She's coming back.

*Borrowed statement*
Cc: F****phet

This I have seen.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Femi8586(m): 8:28pm On Nov 10, 2021
Onahi95:

Its possible she might have a good will but doing it the wrong way.. You don't force a person to be born again or go to church. And no, you shouldn't have blocked or deleted her numbers so soon.

Try again and talk to her to see if both of you can work things out.
Don't let her force anything on you, and as well don't force anything on her.
If it works, good. If it doesn't, go your separate ways.

1 Like

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by johnsmhelia15(m): 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2021
Hypocrisy of the highest level if she's that religious and love God as she claims then having premarital sex is a sin. All this while was she blind or deaf and dump.
Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by yomi007k(m): 8:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
You took the right decision trust me, you guys are not compatible.

1 Like

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
Iyaebe:
You are the one that needed to be talked sense into,what was she doing with an atheist like,even went as far as having sex with you.It's your loss and I advise you see a shrink.
Lol how is it my loss?? I've improved her in many ways and I'm leaving her better than I met her. Its actually her loss
Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kanixt:
Thank God, now she's not the guilty partner.
Time will heal the both of you. Wish you best of luck.

But I love that girl she's wife material
She's a nice girl no doubt and we already had plans for the future, will I miss her?? Yes. But no woman has the right to issue ultimatums to me. I'm just like a barrack, the ladies come and go but I remaineth the same.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by harveyosho1(m): 8:51pm On Nov 10, 2021
Iyaebe:
What are u saying bayi? Being irreligious doesn't mean he is an atheist, besides it good they are now separated as it is obvious they are incompatible. Most Nigerians are f¥cking hypocrite with religion
Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by bepositive11: 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
Onahi95:

She's a nice girl no doubt and we already had plans for the future, will I miss her?? Yes. But no woman has the right to issue ultimatums to me. I'm just like a barrack, the ladies come and go but I remaineth the same.

Your ego is overblown. She was right to leave you. You're both incompatible

2 Likes

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Godada(m): 9:49pm On Nov 10, 2021

I do believe you went overboard.

1 Like

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
4 years of drilling the same well without giving her papa kolanut. you're really a pagan. grin on a very serious note, I'm happy she's a new person in Christ. I pray God sends her a serious man who won't waste her time anymore. Even you confirm she's a good person. You don't deserve her. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Sam0(m): 9:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
Please where is Righteousness? He needs to talk to OP
Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by CivilzedTyger(m): 10:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
femarse:
She has a right to be a religious person, likewise you also have a right not to be a religious person

She has a right to demand for a religious person as partner whether you fit that description or not does not invalidate her right to that demand...you also have a right to walk out if you can't supply that demand
Apt. But for the people we love we could always compromise. Remember watching some silly Zeeworld films with an ex of mine. I hated that sh!t but she always wants to share with me so I had to watch. And we used to watch football together too, though she never fully understood what she was watching. grin

1 Like

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Nicepoker(m): 10:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
Op a liability left you. Be grateful
Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Kobojunkie: 10:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
Onahi95:

You don't want religion but you welcome her wearing the shackles that go along with it? undecided

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Would you rather she turn out one of those who consults pastor in every situation after you are married? Let her make her decisions abeg! undecided

1 Like

Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Polynek(m): 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
Naturally Redpilled cool keep it up
Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by SlickRob(m): 10:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
You went toe to toe with her and lost.Time for you guys to go your separate ways cos una no blend.
Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by leonard002(m): 10:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
You should have given her a few days to get back to her senses before making the rash decision. Women can be pretty dramatic at times.
Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Nobody: 1:12am On Nov 11, 2021
leonard002:
You should have given her a few days to get back to her senses before making the rash decision. Women can be pretty dramatic at times.

I did but her insistence was really surprising, she hardly argues with me. She contacted me with another number trying to guilt trip me that I just moved on easily, she still wanted us to friends but I told her its either we are dating or not.
Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Nobody: 1:27am On Nov 11, 2021
Lollittaa:
4 years of drilling the same well without giving her papa kolanut. you're really a pagan. grin on a very serious note, I'm happy she's a new person in Christ. I pray God sends her a serious man who won't waste her time anymore. Even you confirm she's a good person. You don't deserve her. undecided
So because we aren't married yet I'm now wasting her time and a bad man
Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Nobody: 1:30am On Nov 11, 2021
bepositive11:

Your ego is overblown. She was right to leave you. You're both incompatible
What is egoistic about what I did Should I have crawled and begged or become a tag along to events that are of no interest to me because I want to keep a relationship?
Re: Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship by Nobody: 1:48am On Nov 11, 2021
You told her you will burn her stuff and you blocked her? Is she not the one who ought to block your ass? You seem arrogant with an overblown ego. She will definitely be better off without you.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men Aren't Dying Fast Enough: What's Your Opinion? [picture Attached] / I Caught My Friends Wife To Be Kiss Another Guy. / Incredible 30yrs In Marriage He is yet Raise A Voice at his wife(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.