Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? (25588 Views)

My Candid Advice For Nigerian Graduates With 2.2 / I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Joeyfizzo: 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2021
So people like Lala with 3rd class Shud just drink sniper abi?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Harrykn: 11:04pm On Nov 11, 2021
dopedan:
Just saw my cgpa and I landed in 2.2 and my dad already told me not to bring bad result home I guess 2,2 is not so good and my dad is not someone that is understanding so how do i tell him?
There’s more to life than 2.2, there is more money to be made than struggling with first class shits.
Just tell your parents you had a second class lower if they don’t like it that way they should drink enough water and rest.
With your connections if any, you can get a high paying job.
You can learn a skill, you can start up a business with your experience and knowledge from school.
There 2.1 grads for street wey no get work.
Me sef I Dey 3.08 and I have just one semester left, let’s see the way things will go cus I can’t kill myself, after all I better pass some students wey Dey 2.1 but no fit read even course title.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Folarinibrahim1(m): 11:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
ImDangai:
Omooo I got 1.54 at First semester 100lv
Is there still possibility that I can acheive second class after graduating?...
Yes, just try to have nothing less than 4.0 going forward, you'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Imustnottalk: 8:42am On Nov 12, 2021
Thats why University should be for adults that can handle issues this show that op is still young to handle issues on his own

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 12, 2021
If you were my son, I would give you a hug and say, "You tried your best"

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Nonexisting: 9:11am On Nov 12, 2021
Tell him your GPA is 3.49 before telling him it's 2:2.

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:11am On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:
Just saw my cgpa and I landed in 2.2 and my dad already told me not to bring bad result home I guess 2,2 is not so good and my dad is not someone that is understanding so how do i tell him?

Is a second class lower really a bad result?

Bruh, that's what most graduates get o.

Besides, it's not Popsie that would matter, it's HR people and interview panels.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Barrywilly(m): 9:11am On Nov 12, 2021
What's wrong with having 2.2? It is not a bad degree

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by masui(m): 9:12am On Nov 12, 2021
Ask your dad first what he graduated with.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Adakintroy: 9:13am On Nov 12, 2021
By telling him you got 2.2.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:

You betterkeep your certificate inside your drawer, enter street, and forget about your father. Do you know how many 1st class materials without job? Go and ask the number of phd holders driving trucks for Dangote.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by TemmyT002(m): 9:13am On Nov 12, 2021
If you are sure he will kill you, don't tell him.
I don't even know where my certificate is.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Barrywilly(m): 9:15am On Nov 12, 2021
What's wrong with having 2.2? It is not a bad degree. Gani fawehinmi, femi falana, wole soyinka had 3rd class and pass respectively and yet they are among the most successful men in the world

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Oluwasaudy(m): 9:15am On Nov 12, 2021
You call 2.2... a bad result... Come see third class and pass for my set for oou 08 set for banking and finance that year. The question is what's your dad's grade ?
dopedan:

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:17am On Nov 12, 2021
Na mouth you go use tell am now. 2.2 is the end of the world.
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by abobote: 9:17am On Nov 12, 2021
Na 2.2 I take gradge too, but na me sponsor myself, so I no get any dad to fear

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by sageb: 9:18am On Nov 12, 2021
Imustnottalk:
Thats why University should be for adults that can handle issues this show that op is still young to handle issues on his own

That's true
The Op should man up and tell the dad
No need crying over spilled milk
It is what it is
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by ransomed: 9:18am On Nov 12, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

Tell him that a degree cannot define your life. You don't need a degree to become a president of Nigeria

Take for example, our bubu who used nepa bill

You are a badt guy. Who gave you the audacity to describe Sai baba in such a reputable sorry, ridiculous manner.
Remember, Daura secret service is still very hyperactive. How dare you mentioned bubu as an ekzamful( example)?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by mofedamijo(m): 9:18am On Nov 12, 2021
Lol... I had a 3.4/5 which is 2.2. I got over 9 admissions for master degree in both U.S, U.K, Germany.

If you have a 2.1 and during your masters degree application, you can't write a very strong statement of purpose, then you went to school to waste your parents money. Nobody cares about your 2.1 except Nigerian employers.

Some of the best professors today had a 2.2. Without sounding proud, the guys who had 2.1 in my set back then cannot stand side by side with me on a debate on world issues, tech, big data, future tech, politics, government, etc.

During the interviews for my masters degree applications back then, when I start talking, the interviewers either drop their pen to pay close attention because someone (me) is spitting venoms. Blink and I have left you behind.

By the way, you can go to Havard with a 2.2 if you have something in your head to change the world.

Till today, my father never asked me what I graduated with. He only congratulated me for graduating. He knows the boy is bright and degree class is not a determinant of success. Some millionaires and business tycoons had 2.2,some only went to technical colleges.

The funny thing is, most schools overseas focus on your strengths through your academic transcript. For example, if you did well in economic courses, and you are applying to economics related courses, you are good to go. Also they calculate in percentage. A 3.4/5 is 68% and a 3.6/5 is 72%. This shows you that the supposed 2.1 only topped a strong 2.2 with just 4%.

Strive hard to have a 2.1, if not, have a strong 2.2. Your GPA is converted to percentages. There is nothing wrong with having a 2.2,absolutely nothing. Except you have a very weak 2.2. Still a weak 2.2 aint gon determine your life.

Focus on your dreams nigga.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by bobbiiee: 9:19am On Nov 12, 2021
Depends on your type of parents and what they want you to achieve.

Some parents want their children to make up for their failure. Some did not go to school, some dropped out, some regret not coming out with good grades, some went to schools they are not proud of.

Some want their children to excel because they excelled too. They want "academic success' to be a family tradition.

Some are aware of the challenges of the society that we live in. They don't have influence to get their children good placement after school. They believe they way out is good grade.

Some want good grade to boost their self esteem. It is seen as additional feather to their cap. It allows them to boast when taking to others because it is seen as achievement.

Grade don't place ceiling on destiny. Only your mind and actions can limit you.

If your parents have understanding explain to them that you fell short of their expectation. Tell them you are willing to make it up by furthering your studies, maybe by doing professional examinations.

If they lack understanding, but they love you. There is nothing good parents hate like bad news. Tell them cultist were after your life. As a result, you abandoned school. You managed to write some test and exams. They will choose life over school. They will hug will 3rd class sef.

Few years from now, when you are settled, go and do confession to them. Lie is still a sin.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by lichocho(m): 9:20am On Nov 12, 2021
So u de find advice from who get pass..plenty tins full my head dis morning
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by suffering: 9:20am On Nov 12, 2021
All these 17 year old Nairalanders. In another thread this one will give me advice to guide my married friend. Mscheew.

Walk with your two feet and tell him you had a 2.2. Anything he wants to say based on negativity should provide you argumentative bases to counter. You are the one who will live in the real world not him. His time is done and passed. However, with how young you are, it won’t surprise me if he’s still in his mid to late 40s.

This is why I prefer schooling outside. Once you reach 18, God will punish the school if they send results back home without your knowledge. They ask for your permission first. In their agreement you can sue if they break the tradition.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by naija1stnigar(m): 9:20am On Nov 12, 2021
2.2 in engineering, Geology, mathematics, pharmacy no be yeye o, I know those who had same grade in such courses and are well employed and doing fine but, if na fishry, philosophy abi sociology or buss admin I for say na you suegbe.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by bonnyhope: 9:20am On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:

2.2 is still a good result

God s favour will catapult you even with 3rd class

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by vickydevoka(m): 9:21am On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:
When my in-law told me he made 3rd class I was shock bcus he is too intelligent n Rich. He told me he paid his school fees by himself so he is hardly around so that affected his g.p. he said thank God he studied computer science wic is. Practical course. So, it's what u can offer people are looking for

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by abobote: 9:22am On Nov 12, 2021
Barrywilly:
What's wrong with having 2.2? It is not a bad degree. Gani fawehinmi, femi falana, wole soyinka had 3rd class and pass respectively and yet they are among the most successful men in the world
They are not among the most successful people in the world, maybe Nigeria. Stop encouraging mediocrity, coz you don't know how much his dad invested in him. Even my little son that's taking second, I have been telling him is not good enough, he should go for first

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by florixi: 9:22am On Nov 12, 2021
How will you have told him if you have got 3rd class or pass or certificate of attendance? Keep your head up and be proud of yourself.

dopedan:
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Scottz: 9:23am On Nov 12, 2021
So Nigerian parents still de do this thing
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Olajydeey: 9:24am On Nov 12, 2021
Harrykn:

There’s more to life than 2.2, there is more money to be made than struggling with first class shits.
Just tell your parents you had a second class lower if they don’t like it that way they should drink enough water and rest.
With your connections if any, you can get a high paying job.
You can learn a skill, you can start up a business with your experience and knowledge from school.
There 2.1 grads for street wey no get work.
Me sef I Dey 3.08 and I have just one semester left, let’s see the way things will go cus I can’t kill myself, after all I better pass some students wey Dey 2.1 but no fit read even course title.

5point?
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by kenniefawole(m): 9:24am On Nov 12, 2021
Viraltrends123:
LOL, that's what everyone thought initially. As you get older you will realize it's far better to do well in school. You think our parents are fools for sending us to school, or shouting at us when we come home with red results. You will be a parent too, the you will understand.

But, for the OP, just think of something immediately, and put in all your best in it, after telling him
Nigeria educational system is useless , the world is global . Why do I need to cram the periodic table when I can easily Google search it when needed ? Many of the knowledge shared in school are stale and trust me education by next century wouldn’t be about going to school . Regardless of how old I grow , I would rather find my kids passion than bash them for coming home with bad grades

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by florixi: 9:24am On Nov 12, 2021
can you tell us the most successful people in the world that are successful just because they had first class?

abobote:

They are not among the most successful people in the world, maybe Nigeria. Stop encouraging mediocrity, coz you don't know how much his dad invested in him. Even my little son that's taking second, I have been telling him is not good enough, he should go for first

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beautiful Nairalander Graduates As Best Student In OAUTHC School Of Nursing / WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria / Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.