Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? (25586 Views)

My Candid Advice For Nigerian Graduates With 2.2 / I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by chukwudi06(m): 9:59am On Nov 12, 2021
Don't tell him just show the results. You are lucky to have scapped third class division.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Reminderz: 10:03am On Nov 12, 2021
mehn you go tell am like that oo.. heaven will not fall ahh
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Awesomejah: 10:04am On Nov 12, 2021
ImDangai:
Omooo I got 1.54 at First semester 100lv
Is there still possibility that I can acheive second class after graduating?...
There is 100% possibility if only you would put in your utmost best into your studies.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Ajacent(m): 10:06am On Nov 12, 2021
With your mouth open
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by NaijaCover(m): 10:06am On Nov 12, 2021
Some People Are very funny ooooo
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by dahgifted(m): 10:07am On Nov 12, 2021
I'm on 3.00 base on 100 level second semester,
Currently in 200 level 2nd semester and yet to see 200 level1st semester result.. can i still grad with 2.1?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by BafanaBafana: 10:12am On Nov 12, 2021
Some of you want him to turn motivational speaker for his dad. In this Africa??

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Solatium(m): 10:15am On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:
Just saw my cgpa and I landed in 2.2 and my dad already told me not to bring bad result home I guess 2,2 is not so good and my dad is not someone that is understanding so how do i tell him?

2.2 is not bad,you might have missed 2.1 by whisker
Someone with CGPA of 3.49 of 5 will still end up as 2.2
The most important thing to me is to be able to defend what you hold,some 2.1 are not even there academically

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Airoflaw(m): 10:20am On Nov 12, 2021
Tell him you played draw

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by geechy: 10:22am On Nov 12, 2021
Use geechy

@op...

You get 2.2... People self get pass, some no graduate

In this life no be your situation worse pass...and no be your condition beta pass.
Know this and know peace

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Starzo: 10:24am On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:
Just saw my cgpa and I landed in 2.2 and my dad already told me not to bring bad result home I guess 2,2 is not so good and my dad is not someone that is understanding so how do i tell him?
Don't tell him
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:
Edit it to the one he prefers.Carry your result to a computer centre let them edit it for you to avoid parents constant nagging.
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by MightySparrow: 10:25am On Nov 12, 2021
Oladapo3971:

Just tell him that dad have failed you
Simple as APC.

APC is the logo of failure.
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by nastyesco(m): 10:27am On Nov 12, 2021
grin grin
dopedan:
Been there OP, I recall cussing at myself after graduating with 2.2 how I had set myself up for failure. But alas, grades don’t equate success smartness does. I cleared my head for the challenges ahead and not only did I excel, 2.5yrs after graduation I was already an expatriate, enjoying all expenses paid living, earning $$$. I don’t even know where that certificate is at. To think I almost got depressed for graduating with a 2.2 grin grin you will be fine.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Excel70: 10:31am On Nov 12, 2021
ImDangai:
Omooo I got 1.54 at First semester 100lv
Is there still possibility that I can acheive second class after graduating?...o
Yes of course but you have to work very hard
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by bukola: 10:31am On Nov 12, 2021
german01:
I feel your pain, sorry. For those writing rubbish my God help you.
oga which pain be that?
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by damosky12(m): 10:34am On Nov 12, 2021
TheWolfen:
What is wrong with SECOND CLASS LOWER?

Because it is a LOWER result...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Ekanemjnr33: 10:44am On Nov 12, 2021
Omo ur pops nah wicked comrade ooh grin some of ur lecturers graduated with 2.2

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Shadeeah: 10:46am On Nov 12, 2021
Sit him down, start by mentioning names of men and women of integrity that doesn't have a degree.

Afterwards, tell him you did your best

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by frozen70(f): 10:55am On Nov 12, 2021
Oladapo3971:

Just tell him that dad have failed you
Simple as APC.

That may break his heart,

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by frozen70(f): 10:56am On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:

Just give him the result to see
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Iceberghill(m): 10:57am On Nov 12, 2021
I got a third class today I have made approximately 6million naira from my legit hustles without that cert
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by crafteck(m): 10:58am On Nov 12, 2021
Say iit in English or your local tongue
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by micflo28(m): 11:04am On Nov 12, 2021
Dino Melaye made a 3rd class and he has multiple masters degree result and was a one time senator. Don’t betray your plans to achieve so much by letting your degree result keep down and broken. Speak to school mates who made similar or higher grades on their plans for the future and start partnering with them to achieve them for yourself and the team too. If your dad is too discouraged about your degree, ask him to fund your masters degree in a prestigious private University and under one year you have graduated with a wonderful result to make up for your losses in the undergraduate level. You will still be at par with your mates that made a 2.1 with that.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Yakzo(m): 11:04am On Nov 12, 2021
Who says 2.2 is a bad result?!!
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Drefaithful(m): 11:09am On Nov 12, 2021
A friend of mine had similar problem with yours, he graduated for almost 10years now, any time, he made simple mistake at home, his father will yell at him that, that was why he graduated with 2:2.

The guy put that behind himself, he did professional examination and MBA.

Fortunately for the guy, he secured job at FIRS as Assistant Manager, his father his proud of him today.

Naturally, life will not be fear with everyone, one needs to brace up and take the bull by the horns.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Onowu1979: 11:10am On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:

By telling him. But make sure you take this first....just in case body pains follow the para.

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by FreeStuffsNG: 11:12am On Nov 12, 2021
iamtardey:
what's the worst? fvck it grow up

i took a lot of carry overs home and a decision not to further... so? he was mad,... stopped picking my calls, stopped doing anything at all, no choice I had to head out here.

Life mouves bro
SMH. You will understand later on in life when all those liking your comments today have abandoned you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by atiku4President(m): 11:14am On Nov 12, 2021
Tell him you are among the many that came second in your class. Simple.
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by arthurwillia(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2021
Rickmann:

How is 2.2 a failure?
Or
Since when did education become the true test of knowledge?
A lot of factors could ve been responsible for that, not because you are dull..

The earlier parents begin to emancipation themselves from this mental slavery in Nigeria, the better for us all.

You people should stop writing lubbish
Education is a test of knowledge, the lady that got a house from ogun state govt hot it cause she is knowledgeable and educated. Stop Romancing what’s not good

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Card7: 11:18am On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:

First with all the years you've spent in the university or polytechnic, one of the things you're supposed to have is confidences and taking full responsibility for the outcome of what you do, with that been said find the right way to inform your dad and appreciate him as well for sponsoring your education.

You may have gotten a 2,2 but that isn't a guarantee of a damned future just as a first class doesn't guarantee a perfect and exclusive life style.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beautiful Nairalander Graduates As Best Student In OAUTHC School Of Nursing / Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. / Kaduna: When Teachers Didn't Know The Governor's Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.